• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Dyack in 1up yours. NeoGAF is "hurting society," justifies having it shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stench

Banned
23045011.jpg

Have another fucking doughnut, Dyack.

I really hope people aren't stupid enough to fall for his faux-intellectual bullshit.

Narcosis

You know what Denis Dyack?

I am someone who has no opinion on your game because I haven't been following it. I've heard comparisons like "Devil may Cry mixed with Diablo", and if that's the case, I'm a big fan of the DMC series. With that in mind I should be a good target for your game right?

However, the more you speak and keep coming across as an angry, paranoid and bitter man who seems to want to wage war against the the idea of free discussion about videogames amongst those who play them (such as GAF members or people on other similar forums) the less likely I am to put a Too Human disc in my 360.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Uh

I mean

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

--Nietzsche

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I swear, this GAF drama is like downloadable content for Too Human, except I didn't have to pay for it.

Denis Dyack said:
Dyack's ideas about NeoGAF and other forums are based on a lengthy thought process inspired by various sources of philosophy, science fiction, and social theory that Dyack has been reading and exploring of late.

Potential Nobel Prize winning thesis in the making right hurrrrr

Triumph

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
He has a point that there are asshats here who make ungrounded claims about games, and Too Human has probably been the biggest victim of those sort of asshats here at GAF because it's the "cool thing" to bash Too Human here, and it does suck for Silicon Knights that it is that way. But he does sound like a whiner there and I think he's being a little too general. GAF is going to be the downfall of society? Will GAF's antics against Too Human hurt the games sales? They probably will, the antics against the game have been pretty hardcore, and he has a point. But I think he goes a bit too far.
Here's the thing- if Too Human was released in a vacuum, it would probably be a fairly well received action game. But it's not being released into a vacuum. The game has been in development for like 10 years over like four different platforms at least, and instead of giving a boring standard answer like "we're working hard to make it the best game it can be, progressing well blah blah blah" Dyack, when asked, will make stupid claims and promise the moon. Well, it looks like the moon is not being delivered, so guess what Denis? You have set yourself up for all of this. You're to blame. Don't try and spread the blame to other people- when you basically bend over and say "kick me in the ass if this isn't the game of the ever!" don't be surprised when, well, you actually get kicked in the ass.

nib95

Banned
The guy needs to shut the hell up. There's a reason why the GAF is the most popular video gaming forum in the world. It's because there isn't anal censorship BS like Dyack is suggesting. This isn't some kiss ass forum where developers can seek to use the GAF as advertising means without consequence.

If you create something that people think looks shit, they'll say it. Is he trying to suggest that we shouldn't be allowed to do that? That mods should shut us up because it might hurt his sales much less his ego?

Come on. Stop whining already.

I'm officially no longer buying the game. Don't even care if it does turn out to be good. Seriously, I don't appreciate in-direct threats like this. The guys ridiculous.

Alcander

Stench said:
23045011.jpg

Have another fucking doughnut, Dyack.

I really hope people aren't stupid enough to fall for his faux-intellectual bullshit.
I disagree with most of what he said, but what you are doing is only helping his case.

Replicant

What a joke. Maybe he should spend his time refining his game than getting all hot and bothered by forum posts. Let your product speaks for you instead of the other way around.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This explains why he was targeting mods.

I don't understand his reasoning at all. Just sounds like to me he was pissed people were making gifs of him and ones mocking his game.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Narcosis said:
You know what Denis Dyack?

I am someone who has no opinion on your game because I haven't been following it. I've heard comparisons like "Devil may Cry mixed with Diablo", and if that's the case, I'm a big fan of the DMC series. With that in mind I should be a good target for your game right?

However, the more you speak and keep coming across as an angry, paranoid and bitter man who seems to want to wage war against the the idea of free discussion about videogames amongst those who play them (such as GAF members or people on other similar forums) the less likely I am to put a Too Human disc in my 360.

This. The same thing applies to me but all i want to do is kick him in the ear

Okay so let me get this straight, he gets pissy and butthurt so he starts that one idiotic for or against thread. It completely backfires so MS talks to him so he can try and cover his tracks by calling it a goddamn social experiment?

Oh and
"I was basically calling out people who had no way of assessing the game,"

How about you Put Up a goddamn demo or shut up? Seriously, you are the one that came out to challenge everyone to assess your game without anyway to play it.

Seriously, just shut up and finish your game.

Speevy

Banned
I don't want to wade through that giant thread, but didn't we basically conclude that Too Human is a 10 hour mediocre game?

Superman00

Liverpool01
Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights has also been known to post drunken rants in desperate attempts to gain respect both for himself and his games. As of the 2nd of July 2007 Dyack has been unsuccessful in gaining either, I mean, how could he be? Have you seen the animations in the Too Human intro video? Psht! Good luck defending that Denis.

:lol, found this on GAF wiki. Seriously, what is he? In grade school? There is always people that gonna criticize you for your work.

Teknoman

are not only hurting society and hurting the videogame industry

Wow...I must've really missed something not being here when that happened.

2nh2m46.jpg

Snowden

Banned
I have a real interest in just trying out Too Human, but I don't want to support this guy.

Thank goodness for used games.

Atilac

So to Dyack.... Social Experiment > 4 player coop?
He sounds like a total dick, and I liked Eternal Darkness.

Won

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he doesn't become one himself"

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Juice

I had no idea that posting on GAF was why I was hurting society.

Here I thought it was the fact that I'd developed an elaborate rewards system by which I attribute points with road kill achievements.

AAK

Dyack thinks he has it bad though....... He should check out the Ken Kutaragi and Reggie photoshop threads.

Superman00 said:
:lol, found this on GAF wiki. Seriously, what is he? In grade school? There is always people that gonna criticize you for your work.
:lol neoGAF wiki is officially the best wiki ever.

You guys really need to hop into the 1up thread and actually listen to this. We're at Cerebus #184 and we're headed straight to #300 in about an hour!

STEP ON BOARD FOR THE CRAZY EGGS!

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I like Denis, personally. I've interviewed him a few times, and he's been a delight to speak to. But...he goes off the rails sometimes, and takes things a little further than he should.

OnPoint

AAK said:
Dyack thinks he has it bad though....... He should check out the Ken Kutaragi and Reggie photoshop threads.

Not to mention Perrin Kaplan and Peter Moore.

Gotta take it all in good humor, Denny.

Dyack's ideas about NeoGAF and other forums are based on a lengthy thought process inspired by various sources of philosophy, science fiction, and social theory that Dyack has been reading and exploring of late.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit.

I don't think there are enough :lol gifs on the internet for this quote.

NolbertoS

BenjaminBirdie said:
You guys really need to hop into the 1up thread and actually listen to this. We're at Cerebus #184 and we're headed straight to #300 in about an hour!

STEP ON BOARD FOR THE CRAZY EGGS!

link??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom