• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 |OT| The Edge of the World

Nyx

Another heart tip: it actually speaks to you. If you pull the right trigger with the heart equipped while aiming at a person, the heart will tell you something about that person. If you pull the trigger while not aiming at anyone, it will give random comments on the situation. It's cool.

I'm still not sure how all of this is new to you. I mean, the game has a super specific tutorial segment that introduces both the heart and how to locate runes/bonecharms using the heart.

Somehow pressing left on the D-pad is something that stuck while using L1 was forgotten instantly.

Anyway I restarted and am now near the end of chapter 2 with more powers and bonecharms than I had in ch 3 on my previous save. :)

Should make it a little easier too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Songs of Serkanos achievement/trophy.

Everytime I go to the spot in chapter 8 where the singers are supposed to be I've always had the howlers waiting for me there on all 3 play throughs.

This includes:
1) low chaos, send
overseer and paolo to the mines
2) high chaos, side with overseer
3) low chaos, side with howlers

What gives?

Songs of Serkanos achievement/trophy.

Everytime I go to the spot in chapter 8 where the singers are supposed to be I've always had the howlers waiting for me there on all 3 play throughs.

This includes:
1) low chaos, send
overseer and paolo to the mines
2) high chaos, side with overseer
3) low chaos, side with howlers

What gives?

IIRC it depends on whether or not you've robbed the black market shops.

Oh god dammit.

I hate that at this moment but I also love it that they're using the howlers to protect it now. UGH.

Yeah, I like the detail that the howlers will protect the black market if you've been robbing them, but I don't like the fact that it locks you out of an unrelated achievement.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I robbed one black market and still got the trophy. The howler part bugged out though. The shop was already busted up but the howler were all gone. Only found one corpse. Luckily it had the apartment key. She got destroyed by the watchtower lol. Maybe it didn't cancel cuz I only robbed the shopkeeper's apartment and not the actual store stands.

illusionary

Oh god dammit.

I hate that at this moment but I also love it that they're using the howlers to protect it now. UGH.

You can rob one black market and still have the singers appear in chapter 8. I only found out when I was towards the end of my second playthrough - but I still enjoyed the third, so no great loss.

Cels

crown killer-related spoilers:

so hypatia was at the seance that brought back delilah from the void. did i just miss this or do you only find out because when you go to stilton's manor and see her there in the past? if you cure her from being the crown killer and she joins you on the boat, why doesn't she tell you about it? like oh yeah, i participated in a seance that brought the false empress back, now she stored her spirit in a statue...that might have helped the player character out a bit. instead you have to figure it out for yourself by going to stilton's manor even though all along hypatia was on your boat and could have informed you. is it because even after she's cured she still has no recollection of what she did when she was in the grim alex state?

SJRB

crown killer-related spoilers:

so hypatia was at the seance that brought back delilah from the void. did i just miss this or do you only find out because when you go to stilton's manor and see her there in the past? if you cure her from being the crown killer and she joins you on the boat, why doesn't she tell you about it? like oh yeah, i participated in a seance that brought the false empress back, now she stored her spirit in a statue...that might have helped the player character out a bit. instead you have to figure it out for yourself by going to stilton's manor even though all along hypatia was on your boat and could have informed you. is it because even after she's cured she still has no recollection of what she did when she was in the grim alex state?

Exactly.

She was drugged out of her mind, literally. She had little to no control over herself, and after you cure her she has only random flashbacks of certain events [the killings, mostly].

She certainly doesn't remember being there at the seance.

Bydobob

Ok, so I've only finished 3 chapters so far, but going down the chaos route seems far too easy. I don't remember being able to kill guards as quickly in Dishonored 1, or having such rapidly regenerating health. Does combat get more difficult later on? I always start off stealthy but the minute I'm detected there's not much incentive to carry on down that path. Ideally I'd like the guard AI on normal difficulty and enemy durability on hard, just to keep me honest. So far the balance doesn't seem quite right.

Ok, so I've only finished 3 chapters so far, but going down the chaos route seems far too easy. I don't remember being able to kill guards as quickly in Dishonored 1, or having such rapidly regenerating health. Does combat get more difficult later on? I always start off stealthy but the minute I'm detected there's not much incentive to carry on down that path. Ideally I'd like the guard AI on normal difficulty and enemy durability on hard, just to keep me honest. So far the balance doesn't seem quite right.

Are you playing on easier difficulty? I'm playing on hard and the enemies aren't easy as piss (Especially the elite guards and witches)

Bydobob

Are you playing on easier difficulty? I'm playing on hard and the enemies aren't easy as piss (Especially the elite guards)

Yeah, I think I'm going to start again on hard. I love everything else about this game, it needs to be savoured, not rushed through.

I know a lot of people hated the final mission, but I kinda liked it. It felt somewhat nostalgic for me as a guy who played Dishonored all the way back from 2012 (Since I liked Lord Regent's mission too despite some people not liking it as well)

And its a shame that Veronique Meignaud (the artist behind Delilah's paintings in Dishonored 1's DLCs) wasn't hired again for Dishonored 2. Her art style was very neat

Playing through flesh and steel and I got the upgrade to damage clock works with my sword. I'm trying to get the Souveniers achievement as well. But now I 1 hit them before I knock their heads off. Am I screwed? Can I not get the clockwork head?

edit: got it.

SJRB

I know a lot of people hated the final mission, but I kinda liked it. It felt somewhat nostalgic for me as a guy who played Dishonored all the way back from 2012 (Since I liked Lord Regent's mission too despite some people not liking it as well)

And its a shame that Veronique Meignaud (the artist behind Delilah's paintings in Dishonored 1's DLCs) wasn't hired again for Dishonored 2. Her art style was very neat

I don't really think a lot of people HATE the final mission. It's quite excellent in many ways, it's just that the final bossfight is kind of lackluster.

Im having a really hard time wrapping up my first playthrough of this game. I think its because this game isnt just a "jump in for 5 minutes" type of game and Im pretty busy these days.

Ive gotten to the 8th mission but Ive been on it for the last 2 weeks probably. I just cant find the drive to pick it up and power through to the end. Dishonored 1 was the same for me as well.

I don't really think a lot of people HATE the final mission. It's quite excellent in many ways, it's just that the final bossfight is kind of lackluster.

Yeah, I can agree the ending was pretty underwhelming, especially the non-lethal elimination.

But at the very least, I like the mission a lot because it showed how Dunwall Tower looks like 15 years later (Despite Delilah's witches ruining everything, of course)

Im having a really hard time wrapping up my first playthrough of this game. I think its because this game isnt just a "jump in for 5 minutes" type of game and Im pretty busy these days.

Ive gotten to the 8th mission but Ive been on it for the last 2 weeks probably. I just cant find the drive to pick it up and power through to the end. Dishonored 1 was the same for me as well.

I can understand that feeling. But Dishonored isn't exactly the game where you can play 5 minutes and then shut it off.

If you have the time, I suggest finishing the game as soon as possible

I know its early to talk about the future for any Dishonored games. But assuming we get Dishonored 3, what would you like to take place? We already had Gristol for the first game and Serkonos for the sequel

Personally I'd like it set place in Tyvia (It would be neat to have a stealth-action game set in snowy areas). Still, I'd love to hear your suggestions from you guys :)

SJRB

I know its early to talk about the future for any Dishonored games. But assuming we get Dishonored 3, what would you like to take place? We already had Gristol for the first game and Serkonos for the sequel

Personally I'd like it set place in Tyvia (It would be neat to have a stealth-action game set in snowy areas). Still, I'd love to hear your suggestions from you guys :)

Tyvia. It's gonna be Tyvia.

Not only does it make sense to have a cold/snowy map after the rainy Dishonored and the sunny Dishonored 2, there's a surprising amount of references to Tyvia in Dishonored 2.

Plus, imagine the gameplay and level design possibilities with snowstorms, blizzards, ice and sliding, I can't even imagine what Arcane could come up with in that regard. Just the thought of a winter-themed game gets me pumped, I love snowy areas in games.

Also should feature Emily again and a new male protagonist.

ac99Tdn.jpg

Finally circled around back to this and been putting some hours into it recently.

I don't think there's any other series where I am driven to read every scrap of lore and info in the game. I must learn every piece of history and culture in Dishonored's world.

And Tyvia, or more specifically its capital city Dabokva, has to be the setting of Dishonored 3. Not only is it the most unique geographically and climate-wise compared to Dunwall and Karnaca, it's the other most fleshed-out region in the lore. It practically seems like a given.

My god I fucking hate this shit, damn it.
This game is awesome but apparently I killed someone. I'm doing a no kill/ ghost playthrough.
This is crap. I went back to see where the dead guy was and I found him. He wasn't dead five minutes ago but the game just decided to kill him.

Great, awesome. My last save was three hours ago, I'm quick saving for the most time.

You can't even replay this mission. Fuck man!
Well, time to go nuts and kill I guess.

My god I fucking hate this shit, damn it.
This game is awesome but apparently I killed someone. I'm doing a no kill/ ghost playthrough.
This is crap. I went back to see where the dead guy was and I found him. He wasn't dead five minutes ago but the game just decided to kill him.

Great, awesome. My last save was three hours ago, I'm quick saving for the most time.

You can't even replay this mission. Fuck man!
Well, time to go nuts and kill I guess.

There's a stats menu that allows you to check whether you got spotted or killed anyone in a given level.

As for no level select, well the update should come with that pretty soon.

There's a stats menu that allows you to check whether you got spotted or killed anyone in a given level.

As for no level select, well the update should come with that pretty soon.

I know. I did this five minutes ago (before he died out of nowhere) and everyone was alive.

Well, the update can't come soon enough ;)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
How about this for future content (based on D2's ending):
explore Tyvia as Billie Lurk while searching for Daud.
I know this isn't an original idea but I really want it. I'd love it if every Dishonored game had you play as a different character.

How about this for future content (based on D2's ending):
explore Tyvia as Billie Lurk while searching for Daud.
I know this isn't an original idea but I really want it. I'd love it if every Dishonored game had you play as a different character.

I was more thinking we could visit other places in Serkonos, like Cullero or Bastillian. It would be wasteful to have Tyvia put into a DLC

And count me in having an entirely new character for Dishonored 3. As much as I love Emily and Corvo, their stories are pretty much done.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I was more thinking we could visit other places in Serkonos, like Cullero or Bastillian. It would be wasteful to have Tyvia put into a DLC

And count me in having an entirely new character for Dishonored 3. As much as I love Emily and Corvo, their stories are pretty much done.

Could have it as the setting for 3.

If every player character had special powers, Arkane could change the name of the series to Touched by an Outsider.

just finished ch4

doing a ghost/lethal/powers emily playthrough as my first

why is this game so good, i'm enjoying it as much if not more than dh1

it's like they took dishonored 1 and then made it better in just about every way. when you compare dh1->dh2 to what happened from dx:hr->dx:md it's extra mindblowing

One of the later letters from Wyman states that Morley is about to go to war with Gristol. I wonder if
that would be stopped now with low chaos cannon ending with Emily?

If so I'd like to go to Tyvia with new characters.

Also when I finished my flesh and bone run it was with high chaos and the ending for
anton was rought to watch even though it was so short.

Also, 50/50! First time in years that I've done this.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/maley/stats/403640/?tab=achievements
Code:
[IMG]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/101728955998336887/7E4D86E827A946E925D2F2AE07807FE6FD90F10C/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black[/IMG]

I know. I did this five minutes ago (before he died out of nowhere) and everyone was alive.

Well, the update can't come soon enough ;)

Rule of thumb for no kill runs. Create a fresh save at the start of each new mission. I use quick save as I'm going through and I check the stats page often. About half way through I'll do another save slot. The same happened to me too early on but I only lost about 30 minutes.

Top Bottom