• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

I lost Cook. Powell would have been a nice temp replacement. :(

Wanna make a deal?

Who do you have in mind for?
A trade.. that I'm not involved with? What sorcery is this?

I mean I'm screwed Week 5, everybody I have on Earth is on bye
I wouldn't be as screwed if I could plug Tevin Coleman in my Flex instead I'm left hoping Bradford plays so I can have Thielen be okay in the Flex since I'm sitting Amari until further notice.

Jarnet87

I like Zack Miller and the Bears WRs as speculative adds in deep leagues. Trubisky looked good in preseason and it's hard for me to believe the offense could be worse with him vs Glennon. I expect him to actually be able to throw to the receivers and tight end and his mobility will help the offensive line.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ROS QB?

Cousins or Winston

I feel safe starting Cousins almost every week, he had a slow start but he does every year. KC is a good Defense and he still got 20 points. Winston I feel like you have to stream him depending on the matchups alot but this is going to be a juicy matchup against NE this week.

My biggest worry about Cousins is he plays Denver week 16.

Griss

I've now lost
-Cameron Meredith
-Spencer Ware
-Dalvin Cook
-Chris Carson
all for the season.

Getting hard to stay invested in this fantasy season with all the injuries but at 3-1 I feel like I have to make an effort. I hate trawling the waiver wire though. Gah. All the back ups to the running backs I have are always taken anyway.

Tom Nook

i'd rather have cousins

my problem with winston is that he can easily be a top 10, maybe top 5 qb but he has games where he totally shits the bed and throws tons of interceptions

I feel safe starting Cousins almost every week, he had a slow start but he does every year. KC is a good Defense and he still got 20 points. Winston, I feel like you have to stream him depending on the matchups alot but this is going to be a juicy matchup against NE this week.

My biggest worry about Cousins is he plays Denver week 16.

Thanks.

I'm in a situation I have to pick up a third QB. (Cousins on bye and I'm not dropping Luck). I got a feeling Cousins is the better ROS QB over Winston. I'll pick up Winston only against NE and try to trade him after.

Thanks.

I'm in a situation I have to pick up a third QB. (Cousins on bye and I'm not dropping Luck). I got a feeling Cousins is the better ROS QB over Winston. I'll pick up Winston only against NE and try to trade him after.

are you me

i have cousins and luck too and was looking to pick up winston this week(someone dropped him since his whole team was plagued with injuries)

Would any of you recommend dropping Matt Ryan or Big Ben for Watson at this point? Ryan has been a disappointment, and Ben is only ever worth starting at home.

Thanks.

I had to drop Luck today because Cousins is on a bye and he was pretty much the only player I could afford to drop. No one picked him up though. I’ll grab him again in a week or two if he’s still there. All the injuries this week probably made it hard for people to justify rostering Luck when he’s not gonna play until November.

Tom Nook

I had to drop Luck today because Cousins is on a bye and he was pretty much the only player I could afford to drop. No one picked him up though. I’ll grab him again in a week or two if he’s still there. All the injuries this week probably made it hard for people to justify rostering Luck when he’s not gonna play until November.

Can you drop a K? Sometimes you can win a game without having to play a Kicker.

LOL. I guess we have the same taste in QBs this season.

Drop Ben.

i'm still surprised someone rage dropped cousins but oh well, their loss is my gain

I had to drop Luck today because Cousins is on a bye and he was pretty much the only player I could afford to drop. No one picked him up though. I'll grab him again in a week or two if he's still there. All the injuries this week probably made it hard for people to justify rostering Luck when he's not gonna play until November.

and luck's still ~2-4 weeks (i'd put it close to 3-4 weeks) away from being able to play (if he plays at all this season) so depending on your league, he may still be there next week. I know if I dropped him in my league though, he'll get picked up (which is why i'll be rolling the dice on dropping Breida for a QB and then hope Hyde doesn't get injured this week)

jfkgoblue

Injuries fucked me hard, first my first round pick(Johnson) then my second round pick(Crabtree). Picked Carson last week.... then he gets knocked out for year... ugh fuck fantasy football.

TylerD

With Luck still out for several more weeks and Mariota banged up a bit, I'm using my 2 waiver to drop Wentz and go after Watson. He might be the answer to my QB inconsistency which has been my number 1 problem outside of TE production but I'll stick with Graham for now.

waivers was interesting

my 3 target were

qb(jameis or watson as a 1 week stream)
defense (vikings, bills, or eagles)
rb (kamara or murray just so i can hopefully try and trade one of them)

didn't end up with vikings defense, but ended up with watson and no one put in a claim for murray (wat) but someone else picked up kamara(who I actually wanted since I think he'll be good trade fodder). Ended up with the bills, but still debating if I want to roll with them or the eagles this week. I don't particularly like either team so meh

I mean I know what he was trying to do (I've had Cam 2 years in a row so he was trying to sell high) but I'm not giving up Jordy for that shit, gimme a top tier RB for him

Kakaroach

I got Kamara who I really wanted off of waivers! Hoping he will be my Dalvin Cook replacement RB2 rest of the way.

But Kamara doesn't play this week and I also have Cousins and Thomas on bye. Choosing between Crowell, Ellington, and Jaron Brown in ppr for my flex isn't fun.

Dropped Golladay, Perkins, and Crowder for Alex Smith, Wayne Gallman, and a kicker to cover bye. Not sure on Mariota's status but I figure Smith can be a safe play.

So now I have 4 RB's on my bench - Buck Allen, Wayne Gallman, D'onta Foreman, and Matt Breida.

Starting Ajayi and Crowell still. I'm just not sure any of the bench guys would produce. I need one of them to have a break out week before I can feel comfortable. I thought Buck Allen would be the guy but hasn't played out that way. I still feel a big week coming from Ajayi and Crowell (maybe against the Jets will be it).

Tom Nook

NFL league

Picked up Winston

Taco Bell:

Managed to pick up Duke, Bills D and A. Jones. Then I discovered J Williams is ready to go....

Jims

After losing Carson right before the bye weeks, and going 1-3 so far, was kinda forced into hoping Latavius Murray is a thing. Trying really hard to not drop to 1-4. I can think of worse gambles, but don't like it. Playing him at flex these two weeks, so am hoping for an ugly 60 yards and a touchdown. We'll see.

This is the first time playing a 12 team league for me and am kinda surprised at how ugly the waiver wire options get, especially at RB. I don't know how people play 16 team leagues, that sounds crazy difficult to find people to fill in.

Tyler Kroft or Hunter Henry?

henry is unstratble until gates is out of the picture. yeah yeah, he scored a touchdown last week but in the first 3 games of the season, he had 2 games where he had 0 targets. not rolling the dice on that one

So i just picked up Luck last week , and have carson wentz as my #1 QB, its crazy to drop luck for watson right ?

luck is a top 5 qb, but he's still ~3 weeks away from being able to play so it's kind of a risk/reward type of deal. if you're 0-4, 1-3 or 2-2, i'd probably go for watson since you need someone now. if you're 3-1 or 4-0, i'd go for luck since your doing just fine. but it ultimately comes down to what you need and i'm just guessing at this point

You guys think Funchess and Fuller are safe plays this week. Can't use Tevin Coleman and Kamara this week but I have Watkins,Montgomery, and Rudolph benched at this time over them.

Doomsayer

You guys think Funchess and Fuller are safe plays this week. Can't use Tevin Coleman and Kamara this week but I have Watkins,Montgomery, and Rudolph benched at this time over them.

Honestly, I don't see Fuller doing all that well against KC. Funchess is probably the bigger risk/reward option because he has a tendency to disappear.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Should I pick up the Texans for next week now? They're playing the Browns. I have the Bills and Jags. Bills have been one of the more steady teams for points (10,11,7,13), compared to the Jags who are second in totals points but have ranged from 29 to -1.

Jags D scheduled opponents don't seem that strong compared to the Bills, who have to go up against the Saints, Chiefs, and Patriots (twice). After the Chiefs this week the Texans have the Steelers who might be difficult, and possibly the Seahawks, Rams, and Titans depending on how those teams offenses stabilize.

DadEggs

thoughts on this keeper PPR trade:

me give:

demarco murray

me ask for 1 of these:

Golden Tate / martavis bryant / alvin kamara

??

this is a rebuild year for me so kamara would be able to be kept for a 15th rnd pick, bryant i'm hesistant about due to big bens health...

not sure who to play out of my RBs

D Murray
ajayi
smallwood
macaffery
took a chance and picked up gallman to see but not this week

right now i have smallwood and murray in the lineup

Kakaroach

Are people really that worried about Murray? He's still a must start to me every week. I will say I haven't seen a second of titans play this year.

DadEggs

Are people really that worried about Murray? He's still a must start to me every week. I will say I haven't seen a second of titans play this year.

hes trending down, last year was more of fluke. he shoulda been like this last year. i'll admit i too havent watched him this year, but i had him last yr and now this year....his time is numbered with derrick henry is nipping at his heels... its not that i've given up on him, I'm just trying to get ahead of the impending doom before its too late. through 4 games he's hit double digits once for me, and that was when he broke off for a 65 yard td... his standard production just isn't consistent enough and he loses goal line touches to derrick henry a lot too.

he could totally bounce back and will definitely have more up games throughout the year, but, the way the titans have been playing (from behind), will make them less run less too.

Picked up Watson in the Taco Bell league because Wilson has a bye next week and my backup QB was shit (Kizer). Also picked up McKissic just because I'm a homer.

Top Bottom