• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

-SG

Gonna be hurtin' this Bye week. Gotta roll with Amari Cooper, Brandon Marshall, and Kenny Stills at WR... :(

TylerD

Dropped an extra DST I was holding when I saw Chris Hogan was available.

T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Keenan Allen, Chris Hogan with Demaryius Thomas on bye

Who should I start?

Thinking Green, Allen, Hogan because Pats are playing a terrible pass D but it is a Thursday...

phanphare

Banned
lord help me I'm rolling with ajayi in both leagues and I feel pretty good about it

I'm mostly worried about the feeling good about it part. that's never a good sign.

Start/Sit (PPR):

Two RB/FLEX spots to fill, 3 RBs:
Ajayi
Smallwood
Cohen

TE:
Witten
Doyle (I have Brissett starting this week since Cousins is on bye)

C'mon Cooks!!!

Wait...I'm a Bucs fan...

C'mon Cooks, but don't beat us. Just get me a lot of points and still let the Bucs win!

Better!

C'mon Cooks!!!

Wait...I'm a Bucs fan...

C'mon Cooks, but do t beat us. Just get me a lot if points and still let the Bucs win!

Better!

cooks was the most frustrating fantasy played I owned last year. I thought I had it down to play him at home and never start him away and I was proven wrong on that too. He has the talent/skill to get it done, but then there are games where he just puts up a goose egg(he received 0 targets one game last year and I ended up losing by 3 points in the playoffs I think)

told myself that I wouldn't draft him(and thankfully I didn't)

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
C'mon Cooks!!!

Wait...I'm a Bucs fan...

C'mon Cooks, but don't beat us. Just get me a lot of points and still let the Bucs win!

Better!

I am hoping for a shootout with Evans and Cooks getting the load of it. Hate playing guys on Thursday but need to start my studs.

Dosia

Dropped an extra DST I was holding when I saw Chris Hogan was available.

T.Y. Hilton, A.J. Green, Keenan Allen, Chris Hogan with Demaryius Thomas on bye

Who should I start?

Thinking Green, Allen, Hogan because Pats are playing a terrible pass D but it is a Thursday...

Hogan was available? Your league is wack.

Jarnet87

Starting Martin out of desperation but I am not confident. As a Bucs fan I think the Patriots take a big early lead and the Bucs just fall apart. Jameis becomes a walking turnover machine when they are behind and he forces everything. People love the matchup for fantasy with how bad the defenses have looked but it wouldn't shock me for Tampa to blow this one with a few guys getting junk Time stats.

Starting Martin out of desperation but I am not confident. As a Bucs fan I think the Patriots take a big early lead and the Bucs just fall apart. Jameis becomes a walking turnover machine when they are behind and he forces everything. People love the matchup for fantasy with how bad the defenses have looked but it wouldn't shock me for Tampa to blow this one with a few guys getting junk Time stats.

I hope not.

Me thinks Brady is due for a Int!

PillarEN

0.5 PPR. Kenny Stills, Paul Richardson, or Trent Taylor in my flex? My options are limited.

Personally had Stills as my flex with the various byes I have this week until I grabbed the GB RB back up depending on how the Packers settle their roster for Sunday. But of those three I would NOT bet on Taylor. I'd flip a coin and go with Stills or Richardson.

-SG

Personally had Stills as my flex with the various byes I have this week until I grabbed the GB RB back up depending on how the Packers settle their roster for Sunday. But of those three I would NOT bet on Taylor. I'd flip a coin and go with Stills or Richardson.

Thanks. Yeah it's a tough call between dart throws. I like the Tennessee matchup for Stills but Richardson seems to have been producing more consistently, and has more targets.

juicyb

I'm doing absolutely terrible in my money league right now. Decided to go extra risky this week in the hopes it pays off big. Starting Alex Collins as my RB2 and Wayne Gallman as my W/R. Hoping they have big games and take over the starting role moving forward. Here goes nothing (or hopefully something).

In a cheap-PPR league for work I got offered:

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper

for

Drew Brees
Will Fuller

I currently have Alex Smith as my backup. My roster is filled out with Zeke, Wendal Smallwood/Ellington (weakness) ODB, Evans, Graham, and Cobb/Amendola for my flex. I'm also seeing if I could get a Dak for Cobb straight up deal done (Packer fans in my league and he has Arod as his starter)

Yay or nay. Currently tied for 1st, 3-1 if that matters

Joe

Any suggestions for a TE with the highest probable floor from this group? I don't need high value out of TE this week but I can't afford to do worse than average.

Current TE is Kyle Rudolph. Currently leaning towards Jack Doyle because he gets the most targets.

screenshot_254.png

PillarEN

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper

for

Drew Brees
Will Fuller

Cooper has been pretty awful this season. Benjamin has been just fine though he hasn't found the endzone yet. Maybe Cam is on track to be good?

Brees. Good.
Fuller. Boom or bust with a pretty easy schedule though.

Your call. If someone was to trade me almost anyone sensible for Cooper I'd do that though. Very low on him.

EDIT: I'd probably hold onto to Brees, so no trade. On the other hand, ask some woman what she thinks of Benjamin's recent routes. Maybe he's about to explode.

Cooper has been pretty awful this season. On the other hand, ask some woman what she thinks of Benjamin's recent routes. Maybe he's about to explode.

Cooper is terrible right now, I see it as more of a major flex/depth add as opposed to expecting them to blow up. I probably have the most faith in Benjamin but I don't feel good about the Panthers at all, or Cam, even before he made an ass out of himself yesterday.

And Brees is a stud, bye will be past, and his D is awful so he'll probably be chucking it all day, but Dak has looked good and has more fantasy points so "on paper" its Fuller for buying low on two could-be-top WR's on any given Sunday.

Buy in was $35 how much do I give a fuck about this league I guess is the question

phanphare

Banned
gronk out

more targets for pats wr1 chris hogan

so melvin gordon or doug martin? full ppr

I want everyone in this pats bucs match up but I kind of like gordon this week after complaining about his touches. full ppr helps too because if that game becomes a shoot out he can still be on the field catching dump off passes.

Talamius

Baldwin vs Amendola with Gronk out is a tough damn call.

Amendola is my only bench player not on bye. Baldwin is battling a groin injury and was not very effective last week.

My lean is Amendola but what say you, GAF?

Soroc

Anyone think Humphries will put up the same he has last 2 weeks in PPR?

I'm going back and forth on if I should start Humphries or Kearse this week. My other WRs are Baldwin, Fitz and Garcon so one of them would be moved to the flex and Humphries or Kearse would take a WR slot. I need big play from my WRs this week since I have trash at RB Crowell and D Henry this week starting.

I could drop Kearse or Humphries and pick up ASJ of the waiver and flex him this week as well....

Oh god dammit now my opponent put in Martin and Amendola.

Jameis Winston
Mike Evans
Doug Martin
Danny Amendola

He's either gonna be a genius or a chump.

Top Bottom