• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Kakaroach

The one week I sat Cooks a couple of weeks ago he went off, of course.

Got me 10.5 last night but I have the same question: why the FUCK did the Pats take him if he’s not going to be targeted?
That's the same feeling I have right now. They gave up a first to get him so it's pretty brutal seeing Hogan, Amendola, and James White getting the ball more in a game without Gronk.

I feel like I have to trudge him out there every week at this point because at least he hasn't been completely useless. Not like he has great trade value either.

PillarEN

Maybe Cooks is just too short unlike some of the other big deep threats in the league?

Just thinking out loud and talking out of my ass though.

Instro

Another week, another ESPN notification about how Joe Mixon is definitely going to have his break through game this week. FUCKING HURRY UP.

This reminds me of Melvin Gordon's first year. Kept expecting that breakout that never came. It's a bad offense, they can't run the ball, I drafted him late, and I'll continue to hang on to him in case things improve, but I can't say I'm optimistic. Would have been nice though considering I'm one of the unlucky folks who lost David Johnson. My RB2 slot has been a revolving door so far.

This reminds me of Melvin Gordon's first year. Kept expecting that breakout that never came. It's a bad offense, they can't run the ball, I drafted him late, and I'll continue to hang on to him in case things improve, but I can't say I'm optimistic. Would have been nice though considering I'm one of the unlucky folks who lost David Johnson. My RB2 slot has been a revolving door so far.

i see a lot of fantasy analysts saying it'll be his backfield by week 5/6. I watch redzone, so I don't see the full games, but the few times it goes to a bengals games, gio is usuaully in the backfield and he looks good to me. I don't tihnk mixon will get the majority of snaps this season unless gio goes down but that's just my opinion. I was origianlly thinking about trying to buy him low from the person who has him in my league, but then decided I didn't want the headache.

PillarEN

Holy moly if that wasn't one of the most annoying FF seasons for me ever. He didn't find the endzone once. Not even once?! A starting running back. What?!

I started Amendola and DeSean last night out of curiosity. I don't really see myself competing anymore and I was pleasantly surprised to see both got 15 points in PPR format.

2 of my WRs are on byes this week so I’m reluctantly starting Amari Cooper in one of my slots. EJ Manuel is playing this week and Cooper hasn’t been doing much anyway. Should I pick up John Brown or Jaron Brown from the wire or just roll with Cooper?

2 of my WRs are on byes this week so I’m reluctantly starting Amari Cooper in one of my slots. EJ Manuel is playing this week and Cooper hasn’t been doing much anyway. Should I pick up John Brown or Jaron Brown from the wire or just roll with Cooper?

They're playing the Ravens and the Ravens kind of suck.

I'd stick with Amari. I feel like Oakland is about due for a good offensive game. They're playing a team who got blown the fuck out by Blake Bortles so there's at least a decent chance it may be this one.

natjjohn

0.5 PPR

For FLEX:

-Alshon Jeffery

-Adam Thielen

-Devin Funchess

For RB:

-Isaiah Crowell

-Alex Collins

If Bradford plays like Thielen.

Crowell has been disappointing so I’d be hard pressed to trust him, though Collins keeps fumbling. I’d go Collins though

Jarnet87

Collins is scary because of the fumbling issue. he could literally fumble the first carry and get people -2 points for the day lol. I have him just as a guy to play during desperation bye weeks if needed. Plus the Ravens are so bad right now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
0.5 PPR

For FLEX:

-Alshon Jeffery

-Adam Thielen

-Devin Funchess

For RB:

-Isaiah Crowell

-Alex Collins
Thielen and Crowell.

Collins is the anti-PPR. Jeffrey wouldn't be a bad pick but Peterson is gonna be on him all game. And Funchess is an interesting pick but less dependable than the other two. Personally I'm also considering Funchess for flex but in my case it's between him and Watkins, which is a different equation all together.

grandjedi6

Smallwood may be out tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out who to replace him in the lineup.

Collins
Or
Ellington
Ellington if PPR
Collins if standard

Help. I need advice. I'm getting battered in my fantasy league.

Ajayi or Gallman

Prescott or A. smith?
You're gambling with either team's RB offense but Ajayi has more talent and upside of the two.

Prescott without question. He's gonna have to get into a shootout with Rodgers while Smith has to struggle against the Texans D.

I'm starting Trubisky, Howard, Cohen, Zach Miller in one of my leagues. Going to be a shitshow :)
Well... you're guaranteed touches at least lol

Jarlaxle

Need help on who to play in the flex this week. Standard league: Garçon, Cohen, Cooper, or Crowell.

I'm leaning toward Crowell even though he hasn't been great so far. Good matchup for him this week. Thoughts?

phanphare

Banned
someone from cbs sports reported that it's highly doubtful that luck will play a game in october

what a waste of a draft pick even in the 11th round

Deception

Guys, need some lineup advice?

Who should I start as my flex?
Currently I have Will Fuller V but I am considering the ever consistent Zach Ertz.

If it helps, my starting WR's are Dez and Funchess and I have Amari Cooper, Abdullah, Kendall Wright, Andre Ellington on the bench.

Thoughts?

grandjedi6

Need help on who to play in the flex this week. Standard league: Garçon, Cohen, Cooper, or Crowell.

I'm leaning toward Crowell even though he hasn't been great so far. Good matchup for him this week. Thoughts?
Garcon has a good matchup too and is guaranteed the touches

Bilal Powell or Demarco Murray?

Abdullah, he's actually getting touches and that game will probably be lower scoring

Crabtree is going up against a worse defense, even despite ej Manuel, I'd still go with him, especially if Cooper still has that drop problem
I'd lean Powell just barely. Has the better matchup.

And the Ravens have been defending the pass better than the Seahawks this year.

Clearos

PPR league and the honor of having Cooks and Montgomery as my starters.

I'm torn between these 3.

A. Collins
Gallman
A. Jones.

My gut says collins/gallman but wanted some outsider views.

D Murray
Ajayi
McCaffery
Gallman

which two would you trust the most? i dont trust any of them :p

I'm deciding between McCaffrey and Gallman this week for my RB2 spot. I don't like McCaff's matchup against the Lions, and given he only had that one week with 100+ rec yards, he hasn't shown me much.

I'm gonna gamble on Gallman being the bellcow this week against a weak Chargers run D. That Giants' o-line definitely gives me cause for concern though.

Jarnet87

Just realized I am starting 3 Giants (Beckham, Engram, Gallman).

Could be fantasy gold or fantasy suicide.

Also rolling with Kelvin Benjamin over Kupp in a league here i have 2 WRs on bye, hoping he finally finds the end zone and Cam balls out instead of shriveling from the controversy this week.

Experts are saying cam Newton over Jared Goff and I know Goff is playing against Seattle and all but man cam has burnt me so many times already. Should I keep him in the lineup?

grandjedi6

Guys, need some lineup advice?

Who should I start as my flex?
Currently I have Will Fuller V but I am considering the ever consistent Zach Ertz.

If it helps, my starting WR's are Dez and Funchess and I have Amari Cooper, Abdullah, Kendall Wright, Andre Ellington on the bench.

Thoughts?
Why is Ertz not your starting TE?

And I'd go Abdullah/Ertz > Cooper > Fuller/Ellington > Wright

But really, does your league not do TEs?

Who would you guys start:

Golden Tate vs. CAR

OR

Adam Thielen @ CHI

OR

Michael Crabtree vs. BAL

Reportedly out by multiple sources

Tate & Thielen are both fine choices since Bradford is allegedly playing

PPR league and the honor of having Cooks and Montgomery as my starters.

I'm torn between these 3.

A. Collins
Gallman
A. Jones.

My gut says collins/gallman but wanted some outsider views.
Jones apparently got first team reps this week. I'd go with him and Gallman. I don't like Collins in PPR leagues at all since Buck Allen steals all his receptions.

D Murray
Ajayi
McCaffery
Gallman

which two would you trust the most? i dont trust any of them :p
McCaffery > Ajayi > Murray > Gallman

Should I go Cutler or Tyrod? I'm leaning Tyrod but maybe just maybe this is the week Cutler turns around his NFL career!
Tyrod. At least he wants to win

Experts are saying cam Newton over Jared Goff and I know Goff is playing against Seattle and all but man cam has burnt me so many times already. Should I keep him in the lineup?
If Newton is truly back, you're gonna regret benching him.

Goff is gonna regress and wasn't the hottest fantasy play in the first place.

Top Bottom