• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

That was a terrible last second attempt.

Winston got up to 21 though, I'll take that any day.

18.5 here (guess you have 6pt passing td?)

while it was definitely not what I was expecting(was hoping for 25+ since broken cam put up a monster game against the pats last week), still better than the ~8-10 points he was hovering around at the start of the 4th

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I hate the Bucs. Im playing against Winston/Brate/Martin and I have Hogan. Thought it was gonna be a good setup with Winston shitting the bed and Martin only the 1td but theeeeen garbage time happened and he has a good chance of beating me now.

jfkgoblue

I hate the Bucs. Im playing against Winston/Brate/Martin and I have Hogan. Thought it was gonna be a good setup with Winston shitting the bed and Martin only the 1td but theeeeen garbage time happened and he has a good chance of beating me now.
I started Amendola and White, they started Cooks and Jackson. Was looking great until the fucking 4th.

18.5 here (guess you have 6pt passing td?)

while it was definitely not what I was expecting(was hoping for 25+ since broken cam put up a monster game against the pats last week), still better than the ~8-10 points he was hovering around at the start of the 4th

Yeah I don't like it. Not really my place to do anything about it though considering I'm the new guy in this league with a bunch of people at least twice my age.

Considering my backup in that league is Eli Manning I have almost forgotten what good QB play is like.

i still think its funny that the Thursday night games that people thought would be good are garbage (even for a Thursday games) and the one game that everyone thought would be ass (rams vs 49ers) was very good

Yeah I don't like it. Not really my place to do anything about it though considering I'm the new guy in this league with a bunch of people at least twice my age.

Considering my backup in that league is Eli Manning I have almost forgotten what good QB play is like.

yeah i know the feeling. my work league is standard scoring and I was trying to get them to switch to .5 ppr(I think full point is too much and .5 is a good balance) this year, but people didn't want to change the settings

Tom Nook

2-2 record in STD league. I wish my NFL league is PPR, I could be 4-0 or 3-1: I have Allen, Hopkins, Kamara, and M. Thomas.

Taco Bell league: Thanks Martin. I need him to do well after losing Cook.

TylerD

I picked up Jake Elliott.

I've kinda been streaming kickers.

Succop didn't land last week.

Hope Elliott does better.

I did the same. Best K score is 9 so far with Oakland’s Kicker in wk 2

Hogan had a good night but could have been a lot better. No complaints though!

necrosis

had jameis, cooks, and mccourty playing tonight

pretty happy with how things turned out, especially given that jameis in particular had no production for 80% of the game

I swear, Brate scored more points this week than Reed did the past 3.

I should trade Reed.

if you own reed, you pretty much have two roster two te's (eg davis for when reed misses time)

i'd do it if you can get something decent for him

im kinda hoping he misses week 6 so I can pick up and stream davis lol

In desperate need of a RB and got offered this trade...should I do it?

Receive:
CJ Anderson
Marshawn Lynch

Send:
Tarik Cohen
Julio Jones

My team (14 team / 1.0 PPR):

QB: Ben Roethlisberger / Andrew Luck
RB: Isaiah Crowell / Mark Ingram / Joe Mixon
WR: Julio Jones / Amari Cooper / Stefon Diggs / Cooper Kupp / Willie Snead
TE: Kyle Rudolph

Jarnet87

Was hoping that if my Bucs lost Jameis would stink, was going up against him in a league. It looked promising for 3 quarters until the Patriots decided to play prevent defense for a whole quarter. Also started Gillislee in that league praying for a TD (Pryor and Snead on bye, other options were Kupp or Gallman). Let's see if Hunt and Gurley can carry the team again. Come on Gallman, another strong showing this week and the job should be his, need him for byes later on.

ZOONAMI

Receive:
CJ Anderson
Marshawn Lynch

Send:
Tarik Cohen
Julio Jones

That’s tough, as your basically replacing your rb problem with a wr one.

Cooper was my 1st wr pick and has been an absolute bust so far. I’d say do it though if you can pick up funchess or jaron brown off waivers.

I’m starting funchess, Sterling, and jaron brown this week. Golden Tate and cooper riding the bench.

foppy79

Been going back and forth on this trade for a day, figured I'd bite the bullet and ask

Larry Fitzgerald and bilal Powell

For

Lamar Miller and Jaron Brown

Miller looks like he's on a good defense, but isn't great and could lose points to Watson and Foreman, while Fitzgerald could break out the next couple of games, his schedule is rough and I don't trust Carson Palmer staying healthy

Receive:
CJ Anderson
Marshawn Lynch

Send:
Tarik Cohen
Julio Jones

I don't like Julio (because he's not a factor in the red zone and he gets hurt all the time) but i'd try to ask for a better running back than cj if you can. If it doesn't come with Lynch as a result, i'd still go for it since I believe the amount of carries he's been getting per game has been going down.

ZOONAMI

Been going back and forth on this trade for a day, figured I'd bite the bullet and ask

For

Miller looks like he's on a good defense, but isn't great and could lose points to Watson and Foreman, while Fitzgerald could break out the next couple of games, his schedule is rough and I don't trust Carson Palmer staying healthy

Millers job will be foreman’s by the end of the season imo so I wouldn’t make this trade. You’re trading for downgrades on both guys.

Another week, another ESPN notification about how Joe Mixon is definitely going to have his break through game this week. FUCKING HURRY UP.

DASS MY BOY CAMERON MUTHAFUCKIN BRATE!!!

He was available in my league and I grabbed him. Went from Delanie Walker and fucking Martellus Bennett to Charles Clay and Brate, latter of which got me 14.5 points last night. Nice.

Soroc

Was up against Hogan and Brate last night... Suffice to say I have quite the hill to climb this week as both surpassed their projections easily...

For

That would be pretty decent for you Foppy. I would actually take that

Another week, another ESPN notification about how Joe Mixon is definitely going to have his break through game this week. FUCKING HURRY UP.

Came in to post this. How many weeks in a row can he be predicated to have a "breakout' and then put up 2 pts?

He's in my flex, so I'm hoping ESPN is right this week.

TrojanAg

Is Latavius Murray worth playing this week if I have limited choices at RB this week? He's running against a good Chicago run D so not sure if I should play him over Jonathan Stewart. At least I picked up C. Brate and Doug Martin (along with Chris Hogan having yet another solid week) to fill in this week, so I'm already in good shape

Is Latavius Murray worth playing this week if I have limited choices at RB this week? He's running against a good Chicago run D so not sure if I should play him over Jonathan Stewart. At least I picked up C. Brate and Doug Martin (along with Chris Hogan having yet another solid week) to fill in this week, so I'm already in good shape

he's a starter(not a very good one mind you but he is a starter) so if you don't have any other options, you play him

Jacquizz Rodgers got dropped in my league. Is he worth a pickup for someone in need of an RB?

he's basically behind muscle hamster now that he's back. Unless Martin gets hurt/injured-no

Kakaroach

Is Brandin Cooks just boned? I figured with Gronk out, he would at least be second in catches or targets, but he looked like the 4th option a lot last night. I can't really give up on him this soon, but I'm starting to think Hogan is just flat out the better option going forward.

Came in to post this. How many weeks in a row can he be predicated to have a "breakout' and then put up 2 pts?

He's in my flex, so I'm hoping ESPN is right this week.

Dude he’s my RB2 lol. I took a chance. I knew he wouldn’t come out with 100yd games but figured he was going to
climb much faster than this.

Is Brandin Cooks just boned? I figured with Gronk out, he would at least be second in catches or targets, but he looked like the 4th option a lot last night. I can't really give up on him this soon, but I'm starting to think Hogan is just flat out the better option going forward.

The one week I sat Cooks a couple of weeks ago he went off, of course.

Got me 10.5 last night but I have the same question: why the FUCK did the Pats take him if he’s not going to be targeted?

NateDrake

gallman or alex collins if either are available or jamaal williams if you want to play russian roulette

All 3 are available, but so is Jon Stewart, Mike Wallace, and countless other RB. My main issue is that Smallwood is still listed as Questionable and I'd have to drop a player to add a replacement, or wait until Sunday morning and hope he plays or gets placed as 'Out' for the week because I have Matthews in my IR spot right now.

Striker

Gallman may get the most reps among Giants backs but McAdoo is clearly committing to RBBC. Darkwa and Vereen also in the mix.

Top Bottom