• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

Eww @ Grand Order anime. Hopefully not. I kind of wish it's just them reannouncing Heaven's Feel, but that is very unlikely.

Would much rather have Ufotable working on a 25 episode Tsukihime after Heaven's Feel is done.

Arabesque

A Grand a order anime was somewhat hinted at for a while now, so I expect something to come out of Anime Japan. Dunno if it is an anime but given how successful the game had been I wouldn't be surprised.

Eww @ Grand Order anime. Hopefully not. I kind of wish it's just them reannouncing Heaven's Feel, but that is very unlikely.

Heaven's Feel will be at the event for sure. Hell, there is some promotion involving Sakura so I expect some news to come out of it at least.

I wonder if they are seriously going to make a six hour film out of HF. I know the UBW anime director was the one who suggestedthe idea, but it just seems crazy to do it.

Would much rather have Ufotable working on a 25 episode Tsukihime after Heaven's Feel is done.

The game isn't out though! We don't know what sort of Visual Novel it is supposed to be in the first place now (multiple routes? Single route? Ero? All Ages? Actually Good?) And given how long it's been in production, I doubt it will be out even by the time the HF film is out.

Besides, we don't know if it will be Ufotable who will handle a GO anime. A-1 or someone else could be contracted to do it. I mean, can Ufotable handle a GO anime while working on HF+ Tale of Animation? Especially after God Eater?

Verelios

Did you just question Tsukihime's integrity? Akuha spits on you.

I've been looking for a cool Cu Chu, but they all seem kind of eh. Wonder if I can roll a nice Lancer.

Arabesque

To farm Pieces/Statues from Dailes, which is more optimal, the 20 AP or 40 AP quests?

Did you just question Tsukihime's integrity? Akuha spits on you.

I don't need to question something that has always been questionable!

By the way, I was talking about the remake being good, not the doujin game. We have no clue if it will actually turn out alright or not when it comes out.

The doujin game was great for its time for what it was in some parts, but also pretty terrible in a lot of ways.

I've been looking for a cool Cu Chu, but they all seem kind of eh. Wonder if I can roll a nice Lancer.

Any Lancer who is 3* and above is worth investing into, if you can't manage to get any of the golden ones from the Gatcha. Hector, Romulus, Diarmuid are all pretty good and useful in their own way, especially after you max out their status.

Arabesque

Thanks!

So, 20 AP for Pieces and 40 AP for Golden. I only need 6 Rider Pieces and 10 Golden ones to ascend Medusa and the pirate duo, so it's good to know where I will spend most of the time farming for them.

Thanks!

So, 20 AP for Pieces and 40 AP for Golden. I only need 6 Rider Pieces and 10 Golden ones to ascend Medusa and the pirate duo, so it's good to know where I will spend most of the time farming for them.

You'll get some silver pieces while farming 40 AP too, depends on luck :V

Event Begins:

2016 March 23rd, 16:00~

Event Content:

Introducing special quests that improve a servant's abilities

(TL Note: there are no indications of how the servant is enhanced; This is also not Grail ascension, treat this like any ordinary Interlude)

As the first round, 7 servants have been chosen.

1 Quest for 1 Servant each day will be available released at the Caldea Gate

Quartz and Power up for target servant will be available as a reward upon completion

Participation Requirements:

Must have the target servant max ascended

In the case that the servant is not owned, the quest will not appear

The quests do not expire

http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/4b33gy/

At this point I'm more interested in what'll happen after we get the seven grails than these singular new chapters which are done in 3 hours.

Arabesque

Pretty cool CM, easily the best one thus far. According to Kvin on Twitter it is storyboarded/directed by Takahito Sakazume at A-1.

Also, pretty cool stuff from the Anime Japan booth for Grand Order as well keeps showing up. Pretty good stuff.

On other news, I rolled Atlanta which means I now have a really great Archer at last.

Sadly, Snake Jewels continue to elude me, so it will take a while before she become good.

At this point I'm more interested in what'll happen after we get the seven grails than these singular new chapters which are done in 3 hours.

The story is sort of interesting though. I mean, once you get past all the memes.

I hadn't realised that we had 6 Grails at this point, in part because I assumed they gave more during the events I didn't play (Saber Wars and Valentine) but I guess they didn't.

Wonder why they gave us a Grail at the end of Halloween then.

I'm trying to get Scaha's skills maxed and it's actual hell.

Over the past week I've gotten one (1) Phoenix Plume drop.

ONE.

I need 55 more.

This new support system.

Delicious.

What sucks though is that you can't have your main support unit also in the class slot. Which means I had to remove Scaha from my main and put her in the lancer slot because everyone who wants a lancer is going to click on the lancer button in the support menu anyway.

Went with this setup for my supports.

lBuY1B5.jpg

Didn't really know who to set as my main since I don't have a Ruler or Avenger and lol no @ Mashu. Shoved Shiki on there because I guess she's unique enough and I have her instant kill and NP gen skills maxed.

Not even interested in all of these servants. Lame.

Cu Alter looks pretty neat although I can't play well with Berserkers.

Arabesque

My current set up

I realised that not only do a I lack a Golden Zerker, Kyohime is my only max ascended one lol.

Guess I'll have to add Lu Bu to the list of stuff to work on.

-Atalanta
-Robin Hood
-Medusa
-Medea
-Shakespeare
-Anne and Mary
->Lu Bu

Need just one Horseshoe to start ... damn it.

Arabesque

WELP.

Rolled 4 tickets. Got Karna and another Imaginary Around.

Was planning on doing 4 10-rolls on saturday but I don't know anymore.

This is the best April Fool's joke I've seen in a mobage.

Best one I've seen anywhere as far as I remember. It's just cute, lighthearted and actually funny - things April Fool's jokes stopped being a long time ago.

Arabesque

Just finished America. Mostly non-spoiler impressions going by very rudimentary understanding of the story, but a little about the ending and what's going on in general here

-Very long, Nasu wasn't joking when he said it was the longest Order by far. Also, lots of the stuff from the CM either happen in a completely different context or is just misdirection lol

-Very grandiose. I suppose it is to be expected given the location and the perception of it from Japanese eyes, but there were a lot of stuff anyone who read Higashide's prior Fate work (In particular Apocrypha, though there was a little Okeanos here and there) that would make you think that it was done because he thought it would be fun/cool/badass rather than making sense lol
Edison
was clearly a late addition and the story was greatly expanded, but I am glad for it. Has the feel of the Apocrypha Holy Grail War rather than the Indiana Jones feel the previous order he wrote had, so I liked it a lot

-DW or whoever designed the map clearly just pasted a modern US map and called it a day lol then again a lot of weird stuff happen here because the timeline is so fucked so whateves

- Florance Nightingale is so awesome. It makes me sad we never git here in Extra, but her debut here makes up for it and more. Much better than the impression I got from the Avenger event where she lacked her proper personality and that poor drawing didn't do Takahashi's artwork justice then. Would love to get her since she is as unique as Jekyll, except as a support unit. Was fun to play with her in my team.

-The main enemies this time were very ... eh? Eh. Meh. Sorry, not really all that excited about this writing of Medb (or her parameters either as a servant) as a villian, seems lacking compared to the other antagonists we had thus far. Maybe I missed something, but she was just a wash for me. At least her design and art is really lovely, except the 3rd ascension is kinda weird looking to me lol

Spoilers now

-Holy shit Berserker Cu Alter was something! He was just unstoppable for the majority of the Order, and it was a little absurd him surviving stuff that not even gods could've taken. He was still pretty cool in his reasoning tho

-This was the Order where my max ascended, level 5 NP Euryale really shone haha Cu and Arjuna didn't stand a chance

-Rama is a pretty awesome Saber. Was funny with his interactions with Nightingale dragging him around lol his story with his wife should've been more touching but didn't work out as well as I think they wanted it to

-Arjuna and Krana getting interrupted was just hilarious also

-The Extra cast reuniting was something alright

-The Tesla and Edison moment at the end with them getting in a fight was cute :3

-oh and hi MERLIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

-FUCK THAT CLIFFHANGER KOHAI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And I guess that's that. 8/10 for the order, I still prefer Sakurai's writing, as bad as Rome was, but Higashide is always a good go to for the role of cool. Gameplay wise, the introduction of the new support system was very welcome and made my life wiser in completing the game faster thanks to getting the necessary support when I needed it and the new support units being good (mostly) but the high cost requirement is just too much. 80 AP for the final node, and 20 AP on average is just disgusting, please make it more manageable.

Oh and I am now going to be using the Fou cards from this month to max out Mashu's stats. And getting all the 5 Mashu CE from the shop too.

I kinda feel bad for messing the Valentine event now.

Tried to roll as well at the end of the order. This was before I even got the new support servant from my gift box

<_< I don't want this awful caster (Geronimo) though a second Medea Lily is very welcome (even though I hoped it would've been Helena) and Rama is a an excellent Saber.

I don't know if I will roll again. I want Helean because Matsuryu's artwork, but not worth it at the moment with so little Quartz and apples. Eh, will probably wait to see what the next rate up instead.

Also, completed the available America interlude now

>_>

Her NP is now better I guess. Whatever.

Shitty Archer. Just wait till I finish farming for Atalanta, then it's to the burner with you!

*still missing Snake Jewels and Archer Monuments, needs to ascend 6 other servants*

*Crying*

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I started playing 3 other Gacha games, Tales of Link, Tales of Asteria, and Granblue. I don't know if it's this game or maybe it's just luck or something. It's difficult as hell to pull 5* in F/GO. In all three other games I've played in the past few days it was so much easier to pull a 5*. Are the rates just bad in F/GO?

Shouta

I started playing 3 other Gacha games, Tales of Link, Tales of Asteria, and Granblue. I don't know if it's this game or maybe it's just luck or something. It's difficult as hell to pull 5* in F/GO. In all three other games I've played in the past few days it was so much easier to pull a 5*. Are the rates just bad in F/GO?

FGO rates are pretty low to pull 5 stars from the gatcha but they're pretty upfront about that. Additionally, 3 and 4 star units Servants are also way more effective in FGO than the equivalents in other gatcha games, IMO. That's probably why I don't really mind as much, lol.

Getting a 5* in Tales of Asteria feels alot harder for me than getting a 5*in FGO. Nothing but 3* over there

Granblue Fantasy is currently having a scandal about their rigged gacha rates.

FayGO is known for having extremely low gacha rates in the Mobage industry. 1% for a 5* is more or less the lowest the industry goes and that's what FayGO has. But the focus of FayGO is the story, unlike almost all of these types of games. You can clear the story with just 3* if you wanted to.

summon_20160411_igmzg.jpg

servant_details_01_nrgbz.png

Trade real and fake manuscripts gathered from quests to win items from the real/fake present boxes! For both boxes, there are 6 lineups with jackpot items, and you can reset the lineups upon hitting jackpot

Real Manuscript lineup: Merciless One CE, Crystallized Lore (jackpot) Saber, Archer, Lancer Monuments & Pieces Horseshoes Crystals Fangs Proofs EXP cards (4&#9734; & 3&#9734;) Gold, Silver, Bronze apples Mana Prisms QP

Fake Manuscript lineup: Maiden Leading CE, Crystallized Lore (jackpot) Rider, Caster, Assassin, Berserker Monuments & Pieces Pages Snake Jewels Dust Bones EXP cards (4&#9734; & 3&#9734;) Gold, Silver, Bronze Apples Mana Prisms FP

HOWEVER, you can clear ONLY ONE of the bonus quests that open daily. In other words, you must pick either Real or Fake Manuscripts. Sabers, Archers, Lancers &#8594; Real Manuscripts Riders, Casters, Assassins, Berserkers &#8594; Fake Manuscripts Other classes &#8594; both

Moreover, fake paintings will also drop throughout the event, and can be traded for more items in the shop!

Mona Lisas (Fake) can be traded for: Scholar CE Spirit Roots Hearts Bloody Tearstone Gold Skill Stones Mana Prisms QP

Self Portraits (Fake) can be traded for: Scholar CE Black Tallows Talons Plumes Red Skill Stones Mona Lisas (Fake)

Vitruvean Men (Fake) can be traded for: Scholar CE Horns Lanterns Homunculus Babies Blue Skillstones Fou-kuns Self Portraits (Fake)

Event CEs:

The Maiden that guides Chaldea (5s): 3 stars each turn and increase buster effect by 10%
The merciless one (5s): when the equipped servant dies, grant all party members +15NP gauge and incrase buster effect by 10%
Public studies of Chaldea? (5s): 30% NP gauge start + 20% increase self heal effectiveness

Gacha CEs:

Gentle affection (4s): increase self heal effectiveness 15%
Venomous Snake Strike (4s): 3t 30% arts effect up
The art of death (4s): 25% increase dmg again humanoids

http://news.fate-go.jp/2016/koolug/

Arabesque

Changed my support. You guys on my friend list can now use Jenne for the bonus. Will be working on maxing out her level/stats/and Revelation skill.

Not going to roll in the gatcha though, just in it for the items.

Top Bottom