• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCross

Hey all, just started this game about 2 weeks ago and having a blast. I've played Gacha games before but got bored quickly but the FF theme is really keeping me hooked. I recently started an alt acount and was wondering if these pulls were worth keeping:

Tidus
Zidane
Bartz
Firion
Chizuru
Rosa

Keep or reroll? I basically have no healers/tanks/mages lol. I'm 1800 Lapis away from getting the 5* 10+1.

Chinner

Banned
Hey all, just started this game about 2 weeks ago and having a blast. I've played Gacha games before but got bored quickly but the FF theme is really keeping me hooked. I recently started an alt acount and was wondering if these pulls were worth keeping:

Tidus
Zidane
Bartz
Firion
Chizuru
Rosa

Keep or reroll? I basically have no healers/tanks/mages lol. I'm 1800 Lapis away from getting the 5* 10+1.

keep. you've got a top tier chainer, and youve got zidane to grind and get duel wield. chiz is a great unit and will give you blade mastery.

Morning all...so I have about 100 star quartz at the moment. Trying to figure out what item to prioritize. I don't have cat-ear hood or Genji shield yet...

Last item I bought was a safety bit I think.

What's with the doublehand stuff I'm hearing about? Sounds like a future meta we haven't hit on global? If so should I start working on it if I have a Bartz? I'm finally starting to close in on my first set of TM's so will need to pick a new set of 5 soon anyway.

Talk to V, he has your back if you ask him.

Wait, Valentus has a unit that can solo Ultros now? I take it that Tidus was the one to do the job? If so I may have to ask to borrow him at some point. Though having said that, my mage isn't getting much use right now anyway.

If I'm building Lakshmi out, and primary healer is Tilith, does that make stona more important than Cura? My gut says yes, but I don't want to ever waste a esper build if I can help it

What's with the doublehand stuff I'm hearing about? Sounds like a future meta we haven't hit on global? If so should I start working on it if I have a Bartz? I'm finally starting to close in on my first set of TM's so will need to pick a new set of 5 soon anyway.

When global got started, the meta in Japan was get dual wield OR stack doublehands for massive damage. About a month later, when the first TMs started getting farmed in global we discovered that Unlike in Japan Doublehand is NOT stackable in the global version (probably the first real major difference).

So some absolute powerhouses in Japan (like garland) will likely never be AS powerful as they could be.

The only exception to this meta change in global is Olive, she is global exclusive and Gumi tried to toy with stacking doublehands. She has it innately, her TM adds a second one, and you can still add Bartz's TM to her build. As long as they have different names, or slot in different spots, you can double them up.

Edit: sorry for the doublepost.

Menchi

If I'm building Lakshmi out, and primary healer is Tilith, does that make stona more important than Cura? My gut says yes, but I don't want to ever waste a esper build if I can help it

For sure. Tilith has absolutely no use for Cura as she should be recovering 35-45 MP per turn so you'd never need to use anything less than Goddess Miracle. She can't natively heal Petrify so Stona is infinitely more useful there.

That said, I've not obtained Lakshmi myself so don't know if the path for Cura opens other things? I'll take a look but I'm confident Stona is more useful

Yeah, having looked there is virtually no point going for it if you have Tilith.

When global got started, the meta in Japan was get dual wield OR stack doublehands for massive damage. About a month later, when the first TMs started getting farmed in global we discovered that Unlike in Japan Doublehand is NOT stackable in the global version (probably the first real major difference).

So some absolute powerhouses in Japan (like garland) will likely never be AS powerful as they could be.

The only exception to this meta change in global is Olive, she is global exclusive and Gumi tried to toy with stacking doublehands. She has it innately, her TM adds a second one, and you can still add Bartz's TM to her build. As long as they have different names, or slot in different spots, you can double them up.

Edit: sorry for the doublepost.

Oh got it. That's kind of a shame though too knowing we gave an ability that could have been so good. Guessing it's not worth getting doublehand unless we have Olive in global then?

If so I may make evasion my next priority since I've got a ring of lucii to grind to anyway.

Doctor_No

Morning all...so I have about 100 star quartz at the moment. Trying to figure out what item to prioritize. I don't have cat-ear hood or Genji shield yet...

Last item I bought was a safety bit I think.

If you have Safety Bit, you probably don't need the Genji Shield to protect yourself against death, except for rare bosses, you're going to want that death protection on your reviver anyway. Cat-ear hood I've found to be very nice with its elemental resistance.

Eventually we will see a Mog Village with a decent rod, 'Trial rod', that has 81 MAG and +20% MP for 100 quartz. There is also a really nice Gautlet in the 2nd Season for 200 quartz that gives 20% ATK and allows you to equip light shields

For sure. Tilith has absolutely no use for Cura as she should be recovering 35-45 MP per turn so you'd never need to use anything less than Goddess Miracle. She can't natively heal Petrify so Stona is infinitely more useful there.

That said, I've not obtained Lakshmi myself so don't know if the path for Cura opens other things? I'll take a look but I'm confident Stona is more useful

Yeah, having looked there is virtually no point going for it if you have Tilith.

So yes to stona if I'm primarily going to use Lakshmi with Tilith?

Oh got it. That's kind of a shame though too knowing we gave an ability that could have been so good. Guessing it's not worth getting doublehand unless we have Olive in global then?

If so I may make evasion my next priority since I've got a ring of lucii to grind to anyway.

Evasion, especially things like shine's TM and ring of Lucii, makes arena so much more viable. Doublehand, one at least, can be nice, but I would prioritize evasion and Dual wield over it (unless he you draw an Olive of course)

across

Specifically that there isn't a non-status, non-magic physical counter to evasion. I guess it gives something for mages to do in the arena once per month?

Mages are the quickest, most effective way of blowing up opposing arena teams unless you're a turbowhale with quadruple Noctii or whatever. Something as simple as loading up everyone you have who knows Thundaga with a bunch of +HP% materia and element chaining them is going to paste the majority of teams.

If Arena was relevant or interesting content I'd probably be miffed about evasion but since it's literally the least engaging & enjoyable content in the game, below running Earth Shrine - Exploration twice a day, it's hard to be fussed.

When magic evasion starts becoming a thing I'm just going to start relying on pots from events, though.

Can't hold back any longer and need something to do.

I have Lightning and Fohlen.

Who should I level up and why?

Neither will likely make my main team and they just can't dish out enough, but what about evade builds?

Alkez

Specifically that there isn't a non-status, non-magic physical counter to evasion. I guess it gives something for mages to do in the arena once per month?
Mages are the quickest, most effective way of blowing up opposing arena teams unless you're a turbowhale with quadruple Noctii or whatever. Something as simple as loading up everyone you have who knows Thundaga with a bunch of +HP% materia and element chaining them is going to paste the majority of teams.

If Arena was relevant or interesting content I'd probably be miffed about evasion but since it's literally the least engaging & enjoyable content in the game, below running Earth Shrine - Exploration twice a day, it's hard to be fussed.

When magic evasion starts becoming a thing I'm just going to start relying on pots from events, though.

Yeah that's what I do. Got Ramza, Exdeath, and ultima equipped CoD chaining dual casted Ultima/Meteor. I have Chizuru in the back to kill any high spr units and Luka for esunaga heals. And with the repeat function changes it makes it so easy to do everyday. Set it up once and just click occasionally while I'm working.

tuffymon

If you have Safety Bit, you probably don't need the Genji Shield to protect yourself against death, except for rare bosses, you're going to want that death protection on your reviver anyway. Cat-ear hood I've found to be very nice with its elemental resistance.

Eventually we will see a Mog Village with a decent rod, 'Trial rod', that has 81 MAG and +20% MP for 100 quartz. There is also a really nice Gautlet in the 2nd Season for 200 quartz that gives 20% ATK and allows you to equip light shields

I find the shield useful in my case anyhow that I don't have to give up 20% evasion on Noctis. If I had more evasion materia (I'm so lacking ; ;), I may have not picked it up. I agree, Cat-ear is a must buy.

Wait, Valentus has a unit that can solo Ultros now? I take it that Tidus was the one to do the job? If so I may have to ask to borrow him at some point. Though having said that, my mage isn't getting much use right now anyway.

In Jp meta you can stack stuff that you can't in Global such as Garland using 4 doublehand while he has doublehand innate for example. We may get it one day, but probably not.

Yes, V's Noctis can solo it, but it's a process you must do yourself and takes awhile, but not insanely long (give yourself an hour or so).

Nikokuno

I got Ramza, Rikku and Tidus to level up, and no Gigantuars, this Mog Raid is shit, had to wait the next banner to buy Gigantuars 😔

NeoCross

keep. you've got a top tier chainer, and youve got zidane to grind and get duel wield. chiz is a great unit and will give you blade mastery.

Thanks! I was able to get 5k lapis for the 5* pull and got a Noctis and Gilgamesh. Would've loved to pull Rem or Cecil, I have them in my main account (also noct amd gilgamesh, lol) and they're super useful.

I got Ramza, Rikku and Tidus to level up, and no Gigantuars, this Mog Raid is shit, had to wait the next banner to buy Gigantuars 😔

It's pretty rough on the Cactuars yeah. Good payout for espers though so that's always nice to have. I've managed to get two up to 2* already and well on my way to a third.

Pejo

God, turning in raid coins is absolutely painful with the 1000 option. Also, what a reward decrease. I get mostly bronze tier cactuars and turtles.

Still managed to max out Tidus and WoL6, working on Rikku at the moment. Already got the 90 relic reward from expeditions. Daily was Gaffgarion.

That is all.

God, turning in raid coins is absolutely painful with the 1000 option. Also, what a reward decrease. I get mostly bronze tier cactuars and turtles.

Still managed to max out Tidus and WoL6, working on Rikku at the moment. Already got the 90 relic reward from expeditions. Daily was Gaffgarion.

That is all.

Lmao I came here to bitch about the exact same thing. I've been at it for close to a hour right now. What a damn waste of time.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- daily: King

-- expeditions: 98 relics

-- king mog coins: 104K and counting. I've already burned down around 100K, too.

-- TM'ing: Ring of Lucii / Viking Axe / Champion's Belt (my first!) / Ribbon / Rider's Helm. And I got Gilga after this batch started so I have Genji Glove in my queue.

-- Trials: I should get started, huh.

evangd007

Daily rainbow.........

Fourth DKC........

I can't... Really, fuck

Syn, whenever you get a bad pull, remember that you could have my box with the illustrious rainbows of Lightning, Lightning, Queen, and Emperor.

Daily: Cyan

eggydoo

Now that you can reset Espers, is there a good guide somewhere for Esper builds? Tried googling a couple and found some here and there.

Shouta

[JP] They say the 幻鉱 you get from chocobo quests can be fed to summons to gain SPs, but I couldn't find a way to do so. Bug or WIP feature?

Dunno, it wouldn't surprise me if you could though considering there's no use for the items after you get the 3-star versions, lol.

creid

Very happy with my anniversary pulls - got my first Gilgamesh from the free pull, and my first Aileen from the guaranteed 5*. I immediately got a Genji Glove from Gilga but unfortunately missed the fact that I had a Gilgamesh moogle that I didn't know about, so I wasted a 5% TM moogle for nothing. I don't have a pressing need for either unit at the moment, so I'm working on Aileens' LB before I raise her to 6*. Also feels nice to have units to spend my pots on again.

Got my 6th Leon from a free daily so now working on my first Dark Knight's Soul, which should be pretttty nice on either of my new recruits.

Kouriozan

Next event is definitely FF XII, with the second story event coming right after it, we did learn about Lunera / Bran / Ruggles in the latest story update.
For the unaware, Lunera's song got enhanced recently in Japan to increase ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR by 90%.

Next enhancements in Japan should be the Veritas and I'm curious to learn about it.

c-murph

That is all.

I hear yah, I have like 125k coins left I sont want to spend now becuase it fucking sucks summoning and the items I receive also fucking suck. Fuck Gumi. Way to fuck up our fucking anniversary you fuck ass fuck.

I need to reset my Espers. Can we do that now?

Syntsui

I wonder if they will buff Lunera, there is no reason to chase her if you have Ramza. If you don't have Ramza there is also no reason to chase her if you can chase Roy.

Her 20 hit 400% Light/Wind attack is nice though.

Visceir

Today's daily was another Rikku -- guess this will speed up the TM process a tiny bit.

Really curious to see how the next GLEX Judge will turn out. Wil possibly also drop my 10+1 free pulls once FF XII units are added.

Alkez

For the unaware, Lunera's song got enhanced recently in Japan to increase ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR by 90%.

I pulled her the other day in JP. Was kind of annoyed until I found out about her enhancements. I'm trying to use different units on each account and I already have Ramza over here, and I'm not the biggest fan of Roy, so I was pretty happy when I found out (CG Lasswell sweetened the deal). The units I have seem to burn so much MP as well *cough* Sakura *cough* so she's actually a bit more suited for my team than Ramza is.

Next event is definitely FF XII, with the second story event coming right after it, we did learn about Lunera / Bran / Ruggles in the latest story update.

Next enhancements in Japan should be the Veritas and I'm curious to learn about it.

It would certainly make sense to be FF12. The remakes out pretty soon isn't? Seems like a great time to do some cross promotion I guess.

SeanTSC

So, musings in Discord about possible things to do with Kelsus, Reberta, and Olive.

Turn 1) Raging Strikes with Reberta, whatever with the others.

Turn 2) Crimson Death with Reberta, Missile Shelter with Kelsus.

Turn 3) Boosted Crimson Death, Missile Shelter, and Mortar Beacon all hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom