• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF EXCLUSIVE! The OT™ MEGATON®: ALPHA & SERA LOVE THREAD. Logs aplenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

look guys, it's true. i have the AIM logs from last night (when this all went down) with federman. seriously, do you think we'd go to that length to punk you all? you can't make this shit up. i can even screen cap my convo with alpha.

i can have a "real" conversation with DM right now also, saying that he is a kobe bryant fan and wanted the lakers to win the championship. does that make it true? well, it makes it true that we had that conversation, but what if we were both in on a "prank"? there would be no way to disprove it from the prankee end because if you are both in agreement that you'll make the story up then... well add it up

fart

Savant
BuddyChrist83 said:
look guys, it's true. i have the AIM logs from last night (when this all went down) with federman. seriously, do you think we'd go to that length to punk you all? you can't make this shit up. i can even screen cap my convo with alpha.

no, yes, do it. we believe you guys had these conversations, it's just clearly an elaborate hoax.

ourumov

Most telephones cut frequencies between 300-3400Hz...Even if msn cut audio to 11250Hz of Sampling rate that would be much better than using the telephone.

fart

Savant
ourumov said:
Most telephones cut frequencies between 300-3400Hz...Even if msn cut audio to 11250Hz of Sampling rate that would be much better than using the telephone.
ENGINEERS IN LOVE

Soul4ger

ourumov said:

Is this really the place to have this conversation? I mean, really.

tenchir

ourumov said:

You are comparing analog signals to digital?

Ristamar

ourumov said:

The problem is the consistency (even with broadband). Small gaps and breaks are far more annoying than a smoother, lower quality signal. Then again, I haven't tried it in a year or two, so perhaps things have improved.

EDIT: yes, this is a dumb discussion... heh.

Seth C

If this was Alpha posting the shit, I'd be inclined to say it was a joke. Now, it may still be a joke, but if it is the joke is being played by Alpha and Sera, not BuddyC.

ourumov

Jejeje...I am an atention whore of tech...Sorry for stopping teh funny...

Final Comment: As far as I know, there is A/D conversor on phones...Anyways as someone hinted the problem is of cuts not of quality.

fart

Savant
yes POTS goes digital now once you hit the CO but i think the problem with VOIP is the compression distortion and traffic problems. cutouts, delay and fidelity (to some extent) are a big deal when you're talking on the phone. the internet is nowhere as reliable as the non-packetized modern phone systems

tenchir

I don't know much about current phone technologies, just that phone lines are built on analog technologies, and AFAIK, there were no A/D convertor for phones, why would you need to convert analog signals to digital to hear and talk? I know with VoIP, you have to convert digital signal to analog. I haven't brushed up on digital stuff for a awhile, but is the 11250Hz refer to bandwidth? Or to sampling rate? That's another differences when using frequency.

Edit: ah, A/D on CO is a different thing. Oh well, I don't know much about phone stuff.

edit: Something just occur to me, about A/D at CO. Signals are still transfer analog through the telephone lines right? So why bother converting the analog signals to digital just to convert it back into analog again when it goes out of the CO again into it's determined destination?

Or are the telephones line completely digital now? That the telephones convert analog signals into digital signals(if it has A/D convertor in it), where it goes to CO(where they do needless converting again?), then to the destination?

I'm think the lines are still analog.

fart

Savant
<SeraPhone> Chris I ____ you
<BuddyC_Phone> You what? S____ you what me?
<SeraPhone> I __________BRZT

<BuddyC_Angry> HOW COULD YOU ALPHA WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL
<AlphaLOOKATMELOOKATME> hay guys check out my altima

and so on

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
you know how i know this is 99.9% fake. Cause Mikw Works isnt in the chat room cause hed crack like an egg XD

Willco

Hollywood Square
Orin GA said:
you know how i know this is 99.9% fake. Cause Mikw Works isnt in the chat room cause hed crack like an egg XD

Mike's desktop is broken. He's using his mom's laptop. No AIM or IRC.

Shinobi

Orin GA said:
Eh....the story needed a ninja somewhere in it.

Someone call me?

Soul4ger said:
Is this really the place to have this conversation? I mean, really.

lol.gif

I've got a hard time believing this is real...I dont' see how anyone could be stupid enough to repeatedly goad someone into spilling the beans on shit that that person wants kept a secret. Someone being that stubborn, thick and stupid simply isn't believable to me. But hell stranger things have happened, as Ackbar can attest to...

ackbar.jpg

"Well, someone's getting trapped..."

marsomega

One side of me doesn't have anything funny or witty to say about what I just read. (Surprised I even read the whole thing). On the other, I'm impressed of how people on this forum can get invovled with each other. Almost shock n' awe but not quite, maybe shock n' awe LE.

BuddyC

If any of you have Mike Work's AIM name, you'll notice he's been idle for almost 18 hours. Yet he posted in this very thread less than an hour ago. He can't use his desktop. If it was a joke, don't you think we'd be AIMing each other about it?

Sai

Shinobi said:
"Well, someone's getting trapped..."
Haha. Epic OT threads aren't complete with an image of Ackbar.

And uh... I'm a bit skeptical. I'm not buying this just yet.

Seth C

Sai said:
Haha. Epic OT threads aren't complete with an image of Ackbar.

And uh... I'm a bit skeptical. I'm not buying this just yet.

I understand your skepticism. It's hard to imagine any woman being willing to get phsyically intimate with Arnold.

jett

D-Member
LOL...

Sera has just been promoted from a simple attention whore to a full-on cockmonger. And damn, the shit Alpha did to BuddyC was just COLD. Nevermind the way he was trying to justify it. "OH BUT I LIVE CLOSER TO HER I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!!!"

Roofles, anyway.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
BuddyChrist83 said:
If any of you have Mike Work's AIM name, you'll notice he's been idle for almost 18 hours. Yet he posted in this very thread less than an hour ago. He can't use his desktop. If it was a joke, don't you think we'd be AIMing each other about it?

Mike's desktop is broken. He's using his mom's laptop. No AIM or IRC.

How can he be idle if his desktop is broken?

I can't use my desktop? I can't use my bloody fuckin computer, it's at the repair man's now.

I could get on AIM using my other computer, but that's on the top floor of my house, which is currently about 35 degrees celcius, thank you very much Vancouver.

And since when would I crack like an egg? I'm going to rape you when I get back on IRC, Orin.

Ceros

If this is true, it's sad. Some shit I'd expect to be on the msg board part of some lonely, anti-social chick's internet blog. GA has sunk to a new low. :(

Soul4ger

shuri said:
"we need a picture of both of them together"

When you say "together," what do you mean exactly..? As human beings, I think there are international standards of decency we must uphold...

Just to reiterate, my computer upstairs (my bedroom) has been turned on since yesterday, and has had AIM running since yesterday. It's too hot up there to use the computer (let alone sleep), so I've been using my computer in the basement, where I've been sleeping. It broke yesterday morning, something to do with the power box inside, and now I'm using my mom's laptop, which is also in the basement.

I could go on AIM for a minute to become un-idle if you need that for proof?

Seth C

Soul4ger said:
When you say "together," what do you mean exactly..? As human beings, I think there are international standards of decency we must uphold...

At the very least, Alpha must be fully and completely clothed. Long sleeves and gloves, if we can arrange it.

marsomega

tenchir said:
I don't know much about current phone technologies, just that phone lines are built on analog technologies, and AFAIK, there were no A/D convertor for phones, why would you need to convert analog signals to digital to hear and talk? I know with VoIP, you have to convert digital signal to analog. I haven't brushed up on digital stuff for a awhile, but is the 11250Hz refer to bandwidth? Or to sampling rate? That's another differences when using frequency.

Edit: ah, A/D on CO is a different thing. Oh well, I don't know much about phone stuff.

edit: Something just occur to me, about A/D at CO. Signals are still transfer analog through the telephone lines right? So why bother converting the analog signals to digital just to convert it back into analog again when it goes out of the CO again into it's determined destination?

Or are the telephones line completely digital now? That the telephones convert analog signals into digital signals(if it has A/D convertor in it), where it goes to CO(where they do needless converting again?), then to the destination?

Not really. Once you convert a signal from analog to digital you only have an approximation of the original signal. It is unneccesary to convert back as you will never recreate the original analog signal perfectly. Not to mention, once in digital form the signal is much cheaper to process.

When sending out a signal you want digital. You can use cheaper circuits to process the incoming signal and you get a much clearer signal thanks to error correction not possible with analog signals. Think of a digital signal as a sampling of an analog signal. Like an in game 3d model to its FMV render farm higher quality original.

Socreges

Banned
<Serafitia> Alright, that's it. You know what? Regardless of how much time you spent talking to me, I never, ever, got anything close to the feeling I get when I'm with Alpha. I loved you Chris, I really did, but relationships need physical intimacy too. And Arnold provides that.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif

(I can't buy it - pretty convincing for the most part, but there are just so many reasons not to believe it)

Kon Tiki

Banned
I like how Alpha uses geographical location to constitute his sex capades. "Hey dude sorry for fucking your girlfriend while you were at work, hope you understand, me being your nextdoor neighbour and all."

I am getting a "I am at Mina's house' vibe from this.

fart

Savant
tenchir said:

the only thing that's still analog is the copper from CO to your phone. A/D and D/A are done at the CO before routing is done. why do you think the major carriers ran all that fiber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom