• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

HELP US, HERO !!

WE WERE BUT SIMPLE
SCIENTISTS WHEN
WE BUILT A SUPER PS3
GAME SYSTEM !!

IT WAS OF SUPREIOR
BUILD QUALITIES
AND BLURRED THE LINES
OF PERCEPTION.
WE PRESENT THIS TO YOU
FOR YOUR JUDGEMENTS.

FOLLOW THROUGH THE
FIRES TO PARADISE !!

SAVE US, dongs !!

Rezbit

michael-jordan-lol.gif

strem

I have no clue what is going on here but I am laughing my ass off. I wonder if he can make my ps3 play halo as well. Then I'd be impressed

rhubbard16 said:
I apologize for that,
My job? Uh no....
It is common knowledge to increase ohms in the pots when PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube no longer read data. I demonstrated this technique at my repair shop succesfully with a multimeter.
The caps are deep watt caps and disperse less noise to the board and cleaner signal to each the components.
The ferrite core at the end of the unit is to filter out dirty incoming power, I did not need it anymore since I have already lowered the factor of dirty power being cleaned with a default filter in place with the carriage doing double duty acting as a filter just by being there and having those metals act like a giant ferrite core.
I am not using a stock power cable either I use tributaries.
Wat

Good God. You are the reason I want N4G to be banned...

GavinGT

Banned
L. Ron has clearly invested waaaay too much time and money pursuing his misguided goals. It's perfectly normal human behavior to try to justify such actions to one's self. It's the same reason my mom walked around for 6 months waving around her "zero-point energy healing wand" she bought for $400. The more you have invested in something, the more you want it to work.

He's either so foolish or so crazy that he has come to believe his own pseudo-scientific babble. I'll bet he was so psyched that the PS3 booted at all after the many-month-long raping he gave it, that he tricked himself into thinking he had actually elicited some positive change.

As an electrical engineering student, this thread makes me a bit angry. Here I am working my ass off to learn about digital systems, and it turns out all I had to do was replace the thermal paste.

FoxSpirit

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Oh man, I don't know if there are any Head Fiers in here, but this guy totally reminds me of the infamous "audiophile" Patrick82 over at HF who years ago, bought a $25,000 USD power cable to power his headphone setup which he wrapped in expensive ERS paper. He then bought some crazy expensive Nordost Valhalla cable which was like $3000/ft. and hacked it up to modify the cable to compensate for supposed "weaknesses". Dude was a legend on the Internet and has some crazy ass videos on YouTube too. It was amazing cause he WASN'T trolling. He utterly believed every bit of it.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/virtual-dynamics-judge-power-cable-arrived-412260/

I will be keeping an eye on this thread for the lulz

Hahaha... what?? I think it should be illegal to sell stuff to mentally handicapped people :-\

Normally I'd be skeptical, but I do remember the time when my cousin upgraded the video card in his Sega Genesis and slightly widened the cart slots so he could play Nintendo 64 games on his Genesis.

Esiquio

Oh man, I don't know if there are any Head Fiers in here, but this guy totally reminds me of the infamous "audiophile" Patrick82 over at HF who years ago, bought a $25,000 USD power cable to power his headphone setup which he wrapped in expensive ERS paper. He then bought some crazy expensive Nordost Valhalla cable which was like $3000/ft. and hacked it up to modify the cable to compensate for supposed "weaknesses". Dude was a legend on the Internet and has some crazy ass videos on YouTube too. It was amazing cause he WASN'T trolling. He utterly believed every bit of it.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/virtual-dynamics-judge-power-cable-arrived-412260/

Okay, so I clicked that link and found...this....WTF MAN

l_9f359bc5fa58424f9b7cd6ce837817bc.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Esiquio said:
Okay, so I clicked that link and found...this....WTF MAN

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/17/l_9f359bc5fa58424f9b7cd6ce837817bc.jpg[/QUOTE]

He was happy but then..
[URL="http://www.head-fi.org/t/471065/rabbits-chewed-on-my-virtual-dynamics-judge-power-cable"]
Rabbits chewed on my Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable[/URL]

If you really believe this crap you're either a massive fanboy or stupid but a fanboy is by default stupid so you're stupid.

So wake me up when he can replace the rsx with a 6950 and somehow program a graphics editor on the dashboard or what ever it is called on ps3. Dont know anymore haven't touched my consoles since i got me pc and when vacation was over and needed to get back to uni.

FoxSpirit

Thunderbear said:
Human nature is pretty damn ugly. Why people feel the need to ridicule this guy I don't get. I don't know whether to believe him or not, I haven't seen enough evidence yet. But do I feel the need to treat someone like shit because they claim to have done something that sounds far-fetched? No, because I am a decent human being.

And from going through all his posts, the only thing I've seen him claim is that he's been able to boost the clarity of the signals going inside the PS3 and to his TV resulting in a sharper image where textures and background objects appear sharper (no change in resolution, but rather look sharper).

Just relax people. There's absolutely no need to ridicule the guy. Ask for proof and question it, but don't attack him personally. It just shows how shitty you are, no matter if he's a fake or not.
Of course we are making fun. And I think this guy is also trolling and currently getting some great laughs of this thread. It would be less fun if he is mentally ill :-\

Now, lapping the heatsinks and die and fanshroud sealing and such, okay. Should run the CPU cooler.
But replacing the Capacitors with Mundorf and Rubicon? Exchanging the fuses? We are talking about a high frequency digital signal that is output, not analogue audio (and even there fuse guys get good laughs).
The RFI from the PSU is also 'troublesome' in a digital enivironment like this.
Plus he has a Plasma. That's not as sharp as LCD to begin with. Then he suggests submitting evidence shot with a Samsung S860 *pfahahahaha*

I have a PS3, I have a TV, I have my PC hooked up with a cheap but quality, long HDMI cable and seriously, I have run test and and watch a lot of stuff, there isn't even the faintest hint of fuzziness. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Maybe you can get a faint increase in colour noise but that's it.
The claims are ridiculous and for anyone technically well versed fall into the realm of "I'm sorry for you guy". But instead we choose to laugh because this must be trolling. :p

duckroll

I dunno guys. I was just playing Dark Souls and I felt the framerate was pretty bad. I was thinking it might be some sort of interference from my other set ups causing the slow down, so I put a bunch of magnets of different polarization at different angles round my PS3. After I booted it up again, the framerate definitely seems better. Don't knock it until you try it!

duckroll said:
I dunno guys. I was just playing Dark Souls and I felt the framerate was pretty bad. I was thinking it might be some sort of interference from my other set ups causing the slow down, so I put a bunch of magnets of different polarization at different angles round my PS3. After I booted it up again, the framerate definitely seems better. Don't knock it until you try it!

fuk that I'm gonna try this.

Esiquio said:

duckroll said:
dude being alternate account of duckroll confirmed, time to move on...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
walking fiend said:
dude being alternate account of duckroll confirmed, time to move on...
He's not duckroll, don't think dr is an audio/videophile is he?
He's the real deal, he also asked for a day of two to come up with more evidence.
I mean, it's clear that he's dead serious, look at where and how he started posting about it.

This is disappointing, rhubbard16 why aren't you replying anymore? I think a lot of people here are fascinated by your work (you made NG4's news section!) and would love to hear and see more.
I mean, Galileo Galilei was called an heretic when he stated that following Copernicus' theory it was the Earth going round the Sun and not the other way around, then he was put on trial and forced by the Church to negate all of his atronomical beliefs... But we all know now who was right.
Don't give up man!

Billen

Banned
I just checked a lot of his video. I can say one thing, he sure does spend a lot of time on SOME parts of the equipment he has at home. :D

Just to not be an ass for once.

Dude the reason what you're saying is bullshit, is there's only so much you can improve on what isn't there. You can make an image sharper... but if the source artwork isn't there, no amount of toying around with anything is going to do fucking anything.

A texture of 512x512 will only contain a set amount of information. Nothing you can do to improve textures at all. Only so much info contained on that texture.

Now come back be an adult and say... "Guys... I had no clue what I was talking about."

onken

Page 5 of that thread
.................................................................................................

Aguirre

Theonik said:
Oh GOD the comments. :lol :lol :lol
Lol off screen shot.
piss off dude. Get me a proper writer and a backbuffer grab then we can talk about enhanced and shit. Because modern tv have a shit load of post processing options.

From what i gathered he replaced the cheap stuff with some higher quality stuff. If he can replace the gpu to like a 8800GTX then and hack naughty dog code to enhance the textures and stuff then i want to see a abstract paper on how he did it.

:lol

EmCeeGramr said:
HELP US, HERO !!

WE WERE BUT SIMPLE
SCIENTISTS WHEN
WE BUILT A SUPER PS3
GAME SYSTEM !!

IT WAS OF SUPREIOR
BUILD QUALITIES
AND BLURRED THE LINES
OF PERCEPTION.
WE PRESENT THIS TO YOU
FOR YOUR JUDGEMENTS.

FOLLOW THROUGH THE
FIRES TO PARADISE !!

SAVE US, dongs !!
Oh man, I read the entire thing in Engrish. It cracked me up.

sajj316

This is very dissapointing. Some of us gave you the benefit of doubt and an opportunity to prove us all wrong. You've had plenty of time to give us something substantial but you sir are almost out of time. Enjoy your time over the wall.

Rapstah

I don't even understand that power cable thread. Why would his equipment SOUND better if the power cable was fucking crazily well built? I could almost understand high-quality analog audio cables since those carry the data but it's just electricity. Either the equipment gets enough power or it doesn't work. Why would you shield electricity?

EDIT: Or is it just generic "cable" cable you could use for anything in an analog system? Is that even possible?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rapstah said:
I don't even understand that power cable thread. Why would his equipment SOUND better if the power cable was fucking crazily well built? I could almost understand high-quality analog audio cables since those carry the data but it's just electricity. Either the equipment gets enough power or it doesn't work. Why would you shield electricity?
By shielding the electricity he discovered he could control the bass and treble of the sound.

I once modded my ps2 to play ps1 discs, maybe I could post some pics showing off my mod.

Top Bottom