• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

Corto

I personally keep my PS3 slightly tilted, 23º to be more exact. So the terminal velocity of the spinning of the disk is increased resulting in decreased read speeds. It's just like having the games loading from an SSD! I'm also experimenting with different models of laptop fans to decrease the internal temperature. I'll publish my results here for peer-review in a few months.

ape2man

BoobPhysics101 said:
This is the console gaming equivalent of putting a finger in your butt to make your dick hard then claiming 'look, it's so much bigger than usual!'

XD LOL .... Epic thread

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This solution of mine keeps the ps3 much cooler, a result of better airflow. My horizontal res just got 200 lines of pixels added to it from this method. Though the pixelpipelines from the vertical shaders won't comply, thinking of using a copper alloy for the blu-ray laser head, ( yeah yeah I heard of the 3X Elevens being more prone to failing because of this ).

eb21heku8s.jpg

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Corky said:
This solution of mine keeps the ps3 much cooler, a result of better airflow. My horizontal res just got 200 lines of pixels added to it from this method. Though the pixelpipelines from the vertical shaders won't comply, thinking of using a copper alloy for the blu-ray laser head, ( yeah yeah I heard of the 3X Elevens being more prone to failing because of this ).

http://www.abload.de/img/eb21heku8s.jpg

You can easily avoid that by using a 67B Autonomous-Theory Apparatus.

edit
And don't forget the Stabilized Current Memory Spanner!

I blew into a cartridge once, and my copy of super mario world had two marios instead of one. And you folks think it's all just chips and electricity. You lose the game.

Truespeed

How exactly does 'Super' fit into this again? All he's done is make his PS3 run cooler, shorten the life span of the blue diode and improve the RF shielding around the power supply. So what makes this SuperPS3 again? If you want to make a SuperPS3 then about the only thing you can do is overclock the memory, CPU and GPU. I'm sure with all of the cooling enhancements the extra heat shouldn't be a problem. So until this happens it's more of a PS3.01

soultron

Banned
I need OP's input on some fixes I'm trying to do to my 360.

I'm planning on making the included hi-res texture pack pump out 256x DSAA with a 350 daHz refresh rate. The input and output FPS aren't matching up though, one's at 245FPS and the other is at 88FPS. I think I might need to adjust the front buffer on the GPL pipeline a bit with some lemon juice.

onQ123

I just used a butter-knife & some aluminum foil to unlock the 8th SPE Core in my PS3 I now have Cross Game Chat.

Truespeed said:
How exactly does 'Super' fit into this again? All he's done is make his PS3 run cooler, shorten the life span of the blue diode and improve the RF shielding around the power supply. So what makes this SuperPS3 again? If you want to make a SuperPS3 then about the only thing you can do is overclock the memory, CPU and GPU. I'm sure with all of the cooling enhancements the extra heat shouldn't be a problem. So until this happens it's more of a PS3.01

C'mon man, you're smarter than this.

The explanation is "super" simple: the OP is a moron.

squidyj

onQ123 said:
I just used a butter-knife & some aluminum foil to unlock the 8th SPE Core in my PS3 I know have Cross Game Chat.

Yo that's not funny dude. XGC? seriously? I mean, here we are all having a good time in this thread and just... wow dude.

Any real questions or facts? I will stop posting in GTA forums now. I appreciate all of the positive calls coming to my cellphone. GAF has some reputable members aligned in the indusrty.
thank you.

Someone PLEASE make a gif of two hands rubbing a PS3 and Kutaragi coming out of a plume of smoke.

I swear every time I read his name it says RUB HARD.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
rhubbard16 said:
I just shit a golden goose egg from Wonka that is so Damn funny bro you sir are a GAF wizard!
Is he just like the rest of these dudes safe moist as dudes?

I guess what I'm asking is if you're a cookie cutter mother fucker.

kvn

jooey said:
Is this like the guy who claimed he invented some previous unforseen physics model that kazunori yamauchi then stole to use in GT5? and that he could now see beyond time and space or something?

He saw the light.

Theonik

So this is what I was thinking GAF, I buy 2 PS3s and combine them in one bard with liquid helium cooling graphene leads, flux capacitors powered by plutonium. If my calculations are correct by propelling the PS3 is a circular motion at around 88MPH I should have created a super PS3 that can transcend history and time to become an uber PS3, capable of 6D visuals @9001FPS, Nuclear blast processing and some mild forms of time travel.

Is my design future proof or shold i also add some ducktape insulation?
Edit:
MiniBossBattle said:
How do you increase draw distance in games that hard set draw distances in the game engine?
You use a gamegenie of course!

Calen

Theonik said:
So this is what I was thinking GAF, I buy 2 PS3s and combine them in one bard with liquid helium cooling graphene leads, flux capacitors powered by plutonium. If my calculations are correct by propelling the PS3 is a circular motion at around 88MPH I should have created a super PS3 that can transcend history and time to become an uber PS3, capable of 6D visuals @9001FPS, Nuclear blast processing and some mild forms of time travel.

Is my design future proof or shold i also add some ducktape insulation?
Make sure you use Monster brand HDMI cables to hook that sucker up to your TV.

soultron

Banned
rhubbard16 said:
Any real questions or facts? I will stop posting in GTA forums now. I appreciate all of the positive calls coming to my cellphone. GAF has some reputable members aligned in the indusrty.
thank you.
Does this mean that real jam comes out of the screen when you play Modern Warfare 2?

[Nintex]

rhubbard16 said:
thank you.
I'm sure you're getting calls from the industry about this, the bullshit industry that is.

rhubbard16 said:
thank you.

lol at you asking the thread for "facts".

soultron

Banned
Man, think about how pissed off HTML web designers are going to be when they find out about this. Every instance of PS3 now has to be changed to SPS3.

Top Bottom