• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

I don't know why most people think he ever talked about the GPU (okay, draw distance is totally gpu related but...), I think he's talking about improving the signal quality of all the components that output the image...

... LOL

squidyj

funkystudent said:
does the superPS3 have mode 7 graphics?

Mode 7 with Blast Processing !

Super PS3 is awesom and lok as if real life movie
it have mountans woods and house
cel proceling

SRG01

rhubbard16 said:
Looks like alot of fear and skepticism is running heavy through the GAF today.
Man let it go, its done its real and I am here to say it. I wanted the best this little console had to offer and I believe I am striving to achieve it. It was extremely challenging (harder than fuck) to remove the old caps and solder Mundorf and Rubicons in there place! without them splitting I might add. You do the work, Iam sharing with you out of my good nature and by the way where the hell is the real GAF and Sony Fanboys to get my back? Hello! The screens are legit it is better than stock deal or no deal. (no offense Howie)

I'm sorry, but changing the capacitors will improve the reliability and not the performance of the machine.

mclem

rhubbard16 said:
Any real questions or facts? I will stop posting in GTA forums now. I appreciate all of the positive calls coming to my cellphone. GAF has some reputable members aligned in the indusrty.
thank you.

I've got a very real, very simple question:

What is the primary advantage - from a development standpoint - of developing on a console as opposed to doing so on a PC?

I hope they don't ban him and give him the 2-3 days he's requesting. Not only is this entertaining as hell but the guy clearly knows something about this stuff with all the legitimate technical jargon he's spitting out. Give him till Monday, GAF mods!!!!

like I just googled "Faroudja Native Rate Scaler" and it's real lol... that's a real thing.

MadScientist2-300x300.jpg

jim-jam bongs said:
My theory is that the mods haven't had to cut a hoax-posting fool off at the knees for a while so they're giving him enough rope before they perform the hanging on his behalf. That way he can serve as an example to others who would be so foolish.
This is real life not RE-4. GAF is my home I am doing this to inspire other gamers not to fan a flame war either. I am here to see feedback and help others not get lynched.

CatPee

rhubbard16 said:
This is real life not RE-4. GAF is my home I am doing this to inspire other gamers not to fan a flame war either. I am here to see feedback and help others not get lynched.

If you wanna get feedback, post moar (direct capture, not shitty phone) pics.

Risk Breaker said:
I don't know why most people think he ever talked about the GPU (okay, draw distance is totally gpu related but...), I think he's talking about improving the signal quality of all the components that output the image...

... LOL
You my friend will be rewarded for listener of the day!

Thank you.

zlatko

Banned
rhubbard16 said:

Yeah, okay. So the comment you made of, "where are the REAL Gaffers and Sony fanboys" earlier was NOT something that can start a flame war?

You aren't on cocaine, you are on heroine or meth, and I want your dealer's contact info ASAP.

CatPee said:
If you wanna get feedback, post moar (direct capture, not shitty phone) pics.
Uhhh at work, its slow here, and my set up is at the house!
I am not in my parents basement-jacking the dog.

ELRenoRaven

rhubbard16 said:

Um ok. Now someone's just losing it. Don't give up and start posting nonsense. Troll some more damn it.

rhubbard16 said:

By denying something that hasn't been implied, it is immediately assumed that you ARE in your parents' basement jacking off the dog.

squidyj

zlatko said:
Yeah, okay. So the comment you made of, "where are the REAL Gaffers and Sony fanboys" earlier was NOT something that can start a flame war?

You aren't on cocaine, you are on heroine or meth, and I want your dealer's contact info ASAP.

His contact's name is Heisenberg.

Nix

Banned
rhubbard16 said:
What, we don't do this anymore?

I'm kind of fine with my graphics as they are though, since I mostly play JRPG's, and by effect, means that I don't really give much of a fuck about my graphics. Good to hear though.

bluemax

Banned
So wait, you upgraded the power supply of your PS3 and suddenly it unlocked magical textures that weren't on the game disc to begin with?

Look I only took a couple of classes on CPU design while getting my CS degree, and I've only shipped a few commercial games so I'm not like an expert or anything, but I don't see how this is physically possible via the method you've described.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
rhubbard16 said:
You started this I hope you can follow me through the flames to paradise.

:grabs rhubbard16's hand:

I believe in you, you can do it!
:cue dramatic music:
let's do this, jump through those flames!

bluemax said:
So wait, you upgraded the power supply of your PS3 and suddenly it unlocked magical textures that weren't on the game disc to begin with?

Look I only took a couple of classes on CPU design while getting my CS degree, and I've only shipped a few commercial games so I'm not like an expert or anything, but I don't see how this is physically possible via the method you've described.

I see you are well worth your salt my friend-I am not here to explaing mathmatical computation. i am stating what I did, why I did it, and the results....

railGUN

Banned
rhubbard16 said:
I see you are well worth your salt my friend-I am not here to explaing mathmatical computation. i am stating what I did, why I did it, and the results....

Don't forget your proof. It pretty much seals the deal.

rhubbard16 said:
Well done, now you can have all the laughs you wanted.

CatPee

rhubbard16 said:

And the results are that they look the same as before?

Look man, like I said before, you sure this isn't the first time you played on an HDTV or something?
KuGsj.gif

iNvid02

CatPee said:
And the results are that they look the same as before?

Look man, like I said before, you sure this isn't the first time you played on an HDTV or something?
KuGsj.gif

hahaha its probably the most plausible answer

mclem

rhubbard16 said:

Oh, we don't need to know the mathematical side of things, that's fine. But we do need to know a few key facts about the software side of things; nothing hugely mathematical, we don't need you to juggle complicated vector calc, just a few simple things about the software. And since you've - as you've repeatedly told us - got these results, you'll already know exactly what the question is. So what's the answer?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
rhubbard16 said:

The results are the piece of the puzzle that you will need to demonstrate very rigorously.

rhubbard16 said:

I'm not doubting you brother I'm behind you all the way! I can't believe these jerks are treating you so poorly, you should get some serious recognition for having achieved such a feat. Kudos to you man!

vitacola

OK ... again:

1. What is your job?
2. Where did you learn what the potentiometer does? (it probably is connected to an OpAmp?)
3. Why would capacitors which are used for audio change the quality of your video signal?
4. Why did you "[remove] the the ferrite core on the inside of the PS3 over the three prong male power cable connection"? I don't know about the inner parts of the PS3, but isn't this the part where the voltage from the power supply (probably around 110V AC if you are from the US) gets transformed to the voltage which the PS3 uses internal (probably a lot lower than 110V, maybe even 12V DC)? That probably would have fucked up the whole power supply of your PS3.

Please answer this time.

-WindYoshi- said:
I'm not doubting you brother I'm behind you all the way! I can't believe these jerks are treating you so poorly, you should get some serious recognition for having achieved such a feat. Kudos to you man!

funny-pictures-fuck-yeah-bro.jpg

BosSin

rhubbard16 said:
Looks like alot of fear and skepticism is running heavy through the GAF today.
Man let it go, its done its real and I am here to say it. I wanted the best this little console had to offer and I believe I am striving to achieve it. It was extremely challenging (harder than fuck) to remove the old caps and solder Mundorf and Rubicons in there place! without them splitting I might add. You do the work, Iam sharing with you out of my good nature and by the way where the hell is the real GAF and Sony Fanboys to get my back? Hello! The screens are legit it is better than stock deal or no deal. (no offense Howie)
rubicon%20mango.jpg

rhubbard16 said:
Looks like alot of fear and skepticism is running heavy through the GAF today. Man let it go, its done its real and I am here to say it. I wanted the best this little console had to offer and I believe I am striving to achieve it. It was extremely challenging (harder than fuck) to remove the old caps and solder Mundorf and Rubicons in there place! without them splitting I might add. You do the work, Iam sharing with you out of my good nature and by the way where the hell is the real GAF and Sony Fanboys to get my back? Hello! The screens are legit it is better than stock deal or no deal. (no offense Howie)

Worf.jpg

Truespeed

I just submitted a Kickstarter application to raise money for the Super PS3.

What is your project:
To enhance off the shelf PS3's and turn them in Super PS3's by replacing inferior consumer grade components with high quality professional parts. The end result is a Super PS3 that produces better visuals and delivers superior sound.

My goal is $20,000. Each contributor will have their normal PS3 transformed into a Super PS3 for 50% of the cost.

Project is currently awaiting approval. Wish me luck.

vitacola said:
OK ... again:

1. What is your job?
2. Where did you learn what the potentiometer does? (it probably is connected to an OpAmp?)
3. Why would capacitors which are used for audio change the quality of your video signal?
4. Why did you "[remove] the the ferrite core on the inside of the PS3 over the three prong male power cable connection"? I don't know about the inner parts of the PS3, but isn't this the part where the voltage from the power supply (probably around 110V AC if you are from the US) gets transformed to the voltage which the PS3 uses internal (probably a lot lower than 110V, maybe even 12V DC)? That probably would have fucked up the whole power supply of your PS3.

Please answer this time.
I apologize for that,
My job? Uh no....
It is common knowledge to increase ohms in the pots when PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube no longer read data. I demonstrated this technique at my repair shop succesfully with a multimeter.
The caps are deep watt caps and disperse less noise to the board and cleaner signal to each the components.
The ferrite core at the end of the unit is to filter out dirty incoming power, I did not need it anymore since I have already lowered the factor of dirty power being cleaned with a default filter in place with the carriage doing double duty acting as a filter just by being there and having those metals act like a giant ferrite core.
I am not using a stock power cable either I use tributaries.

Top Bottom