• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

Banned
Link648099 said:
The most truthful post in this thread was the guy that said "Gamespot has just made a large mistake". The reason is the following: Wii is catching on, I don't care what his review for Zelda is...everyone, even in the U.S. wants it. When the people think something is good, and have a lot of fun with it, and Zelda is attached to that...they are going to discredit that site, and they are going to ignore it. And that hurts GS's brand equity. And that...was the mistake. Because it could hurt it quite a bit. I think perhaps Jeff may be stuck in the past in some respects.
Wow... just wow.

So reviewers should only tell people what they want to hear? You can't please everyone, as much as people doubt it now I guarentee that in the end some people will agree with the Gamespot review.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Grecco said:
jeff-gerstmann-050624-01.gif

Why doesnt this thread have photoshops?
gerstnh1.jpg

Found this one on GFAQS!

Duderz

Banned
I'd be more surprised at TP getting a 10 at IGN than the 8.8 Jeff gave it. (Mostly because I knew ahead of time he was reviewing it, and he has probably the worst taste in games.)

Link648099 said:
The most truthful post in this thread was the guy that said "Gamespot has just made a large mistake". The reason is the following: Wii is catching on, I don't care what his review for Zelda is...everyone, even in the U.S. wants it. When the people think something is good, and have a lot of fun with it, and Zelda is attached to that...they are going to discredit that site, and they are going to ignore it. And that hurts GS's brand equity. And that...was the mistake. Because it could hurt it quite a bit. I think perhaps Jeff may be stuck in the past in some respects.
So people are supposed to give review praise based on hype and brand recognition rather than the game's actual playability and merits?

Jeff gave Mario Sunshine an 8, everyone cried, and months later we all figured out that he was right ****ing on.

zeldauniverse is in melt down right now..

I can't believe I don't even care about TP anymore. It's like when you expect a game to be so good, and it doesn't get godly scores like you predicted (TP is getting good review though). It just really sucks. Now I have to wait till December whenever to get the GC version. Well I might put the IGN score and then I won't be back here for a long time.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nameless

I wish I was reviewing Zelda for IGN. I would give it a 7.3 just to say I singlehandedly shut down the internet.

g23

European pre-madonna
my god jeff WHY couldn't brad shoemaker review it he's cool......guys look at the other reviews from the other websites....... this is def biased

IcedTea

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
So people are supposed to give review praise based on hype and brand recognition rather than the game's actual playability and merits?

Jeff gave Mario Sunshine an 8, everyone cried, and months later we all figured out that he was right ****ing on.
8/10

ivysaur12

Banned

Except when Sunshine turned out to be the best platformer last gen...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

:O

DeadTrees

"And so it shall come to pass...The Gertz Man's words shall echo across the world like thunder, and the tears of a thousand virgins shall fall like rain across the electronic ether."

"So it is written. So it shall be done."

Best line of the review:

You play as Link, a humble, pointy-eared boy who lives in a far-off village and herds goats for a living, yet he ends up getting involved in the conflict.

btrboyev

mario sunshine was definate a 9 game..it has problems, but still there isn't a better platformer out there from last gen.

Wow, that certainly contrasts impressively with the vast majority of the other impressions, especially about the gameplay. This is litteraly the first time that I personally read or see someone criticizing (or even, not praising) the gameplay of the final Wii version. So, who to believe ?...
I think I will go with the majority for now. We will see...

What I don't understand is why game sites don't have more than one person review the bigger games. I mean, EGM's being doing it since like the 1980s, lol.

Remember when he gave Majora's Mask an 8.3? You know, THE GAME THAT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS OCARINA OF TIME?

Or how about when he gave Tony Hawk Proskater 3 a 10?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Alkaliine said:
:lol :lol :lol

Man some people can be really sad.

Gerstmann, go **** yourself. You obviously hate the Wii, and it shows with this review. WE ALL KNOW THAT TWILIGHT PRINCESS IS THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVER. EVERY OTHER SITE HAS SAID THAT.

Gerstmann, you can **** yourself, you fat ****.

Yes, they can.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
All the fans making fun of Gerstmanns weight in light of this review are kinda...dare I say pathetic? You sound like little children that got their SNES taken away because you stayed out till after the street lights came on.

Speevy

Banned
So Gears gets an 8 from Eurogamer, Resistance gets an 8.5 from 1up, and Zelda gets an 8.8 from Gamespot. Fanboys of all stripes get a nice kick in the nuts.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
BlueTsunami said:
All the fans making fun of Gerstmanns weight in light of this review are kinda...dare I say pathetic? You sound like little children that got their SNES taken away because you stayed out till after the street lights came on.
Did anyone seriously try to make a point out of it? :lol

Edit: wait, too fat to play, never mind.

Lobster

Banned
soundwave05 said:
What I don't understand is why game sites don't have more than one person review the bigger games. I mean, EGM's being doing it since like the 1980s, lol.

Cause staff keep quitting Gamespot for the bigger sites. I heard a couple have anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom