• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but someone here called this. I can't remember who or where but it was within the past few days.

Ixzion

First introduced in Metal Gear as Gamespot's commanding officer and leader of FOXHOUND, a high-tech special forces unit founded by the United States government. Initially, Gerstmann helps Snake through the wireless radio, serving as a guide in Snake's mission to infiltrate Outer Heaven, the terrorist organization in the game. By the end of the game, Jeff Gerstmanns' true nature is revealed as the leader of Outer Heaven, and confronts Snake as the final boss. Jeff Gerstmann continued his antagonistic role in the sequel, Metal Gear 2: ZELDA SUX, where he confronts Miyamoto for the second and final time.

Jeff Gerstmanns’ legacy plays a major role in the back story for the sequels Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Majora's mask was shit. Jeff Gerstmanns' origins are explored in the prequel Metal Gear Solid 3: Cock Eater and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Portable Fag.

Also this is completely worth getting banned from wikipedia for.

That is made of win and awesome.

medrew

Mana Knight said:
At first I was angry at him, until I bought Super Mario Sunshine and realized it was a disgrace to Mario. I would have given the game a 5/10. He gave Ratchet & Clank a higher review that year, which was superior.

Mana Knight said:
On the DS, I traded in three games, since I didn't like them at all (NSMB was one).

Mana Knight said:
The reviews hated the first Genji, yet, I found it to be one of the best action I've ever played.

Your opinion means Jack Shit, really.

vitaflo

Some of you should start your own review site. Then you can just review games based on screenshots and name recognition and everyone will be happy.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
GhaleonEB said:
So - you've played through it and can counter his points?
STFU xbot.

Jeff Jerksman is ****ing tool fat moron. Gamespot is really ****ed up with Wii reviews.

Everybody who's bitching about this review are probably a bunch of 35 year olds who never had sex, much less a date, in their lives, and are probably living out of their parent's basement, going upstairs only to take a shit and eat pizza and soda.

I will be sorely dissapointed in GS if they re-rate this.

0 HP

Widfara said:
"jeff you fat piece of shit go fall off a ****ing bridge and die nigger"

:lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nameless

edit: pic didnt' work..so um..heres black Link

otakon6.jpg

Xeke

Banned
ferrarimanf355 said:
Everybody who's bitching about this review are probably a bunch of 35 year olds who never had sex, much less a date, in their lives, and are probably living out of their parent's basement, going upstairs only to take a shit and eat pizza and soda.

Actually I'm 78, right in the target Wii audience.

YakiSOBA

ferrarimanf355 said:

-9999/10

IcedTea

chase said:
:lol :lol
ferrarimanf355 said:

3/10

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ferrarimanf355 said:

why would they re-rate it?
that would be insanity

Man I love all the Sony/Microsoft fanboys who come in here and act like Gerstmann is the only reviewer to speak the truth. :lol

chase

ferrarimanf355 said:

Pizza and soda bit was ok, calling people unhealthy and all. The other bits are played out, I'm afraid.

Ryuuga

Banned
Not even an editor's choice award?....not sure if I should buy this game now

Out of the running for GOTY 06' confirmed

-Ryuuga

starship said:
STFU xbot.

Jeff Jerksman is ****ing tool fat moron. Gamespot is really ****ed up with Wii reviews.

We've seen the "score". Dude, it's time to calm down. It's one man's opinion. Everyone else has had high praise for the game.

Besides, even after this, who's actually not going to get the game? If you wanted the Wii version, youre still going to get it as nearly all reviews have been positive. If you wanted the GC version, this is what you WANTED to hear and the perfect excuse to wait. For everyone else, it doesnt matter.

chase

AdmiralViscen said:
What game recieved the infamous 6.8 score?

And what game recieved the other 'infamous' score that a few people have mentioned?

Shenmue got a 6.8 from Gamespot.

Mario Kart: Double Dash got 7.9 from IGN

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) got C- from Gaming-Age

Sean

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:

And what game recieved the other 'infamous' score that a few people have mentioned?

6.8 for Shenmue (Gamespot) and 7.9 for Mario Kart Double Dash (IGN). I think...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Ryuuga said:
Not even an editor's choice award?....not sure if I should buy this game now

Out of the running for GOTY 06' confirmed

-Ryuuga

With Zelda out of the picture, it's going to be a three way battle royal between Gears, Oblivion, and FFXII

chase said:
Pizza and soda bit was ok, calling people unhealthy and all. The other bits are played out, I'm afraid.
It's all true, alas. All of them true. They need to stop worshipping Shiggy like he's a god or something. It's beyond retarded.
http://zeldapissed.ytmnd.com/
EDIT: If I remember correctly, Gamespot went back and tacked on a point to their Shenmue review to stop the whining...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AdmiralViscen said:

the 6.8 is Shenmue, I think.

"it's hard not to feel a tinge of disappointment--there's a very noticeable lack of evolution here, which makes aspects of the game seem more dated than classic. Even so, there isn't much out there that compares to Twilight Princess, except for the Zelda games that have come before it."

Umm what?

Really from my limited viewing of onthespot, it does seem clear this dude really doesn't like the wii at all. The 1up fellas have been talking about how well the wiimote has been implemented, which here is this dude struggling to get attacks to work correctly? Sloppy. Still I wouldn't listen to a guy who seems to have an unhealthy obsession with the most retarded thing in gaming, yes thats right achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom