• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
chase said:
How long until the usual suspects latch on to his "controls feel tacked on" comment? You know, because this one guy actually gives his honest opinion and isn't a fanboy.
Not that i give a shit about the score but this guy is the worst reviewer there. Its not like you have to dig deep to find out either.

This is seriously ****ed up.

jeffgerstmann.jpg

Start running.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Musashi Wins! said:
you are a prophet and a sage! even though you like those crappy Martin books.

j/k! good show!

this is a port up, no one believes the wii parts seem tacked on? haha.

The Wii parts probably do feel tacked on (The only way I'm playing TP on a Wii is if someone pays me to do so) but I don't think it should knowck off too many points.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
chase said:
How long until the usual suspects latch on to his "controls feel tacked on" comment? You know, because this one guy actually gives his honest opinion and isn't a fanboy.
after watching him play Wii golf in the couch and saying "it doesnt feel like golf" can you take him seriously?

~Kinggi~ said:
He is probably the only one able to stand up to the fact that this is juist classic zelda rehashed and cleaned up with wii controls. You see ninty fans have this thing of being blind and all.

normal_BanHim.jpg

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Ok, the only thing worse than the score is the review itself. In some points he bitches its too hards, and other points its too easy. He sounds so ****ing bored writing the review I almost fell asleep. Its like they threw him in a room and forced him to play the damn game against his will. I dont get it- was NOONE else interested in reviewing it? From what he picks apart, its clear he never wanted to like it in the 1st place. He also contradicts almost every point others have said about the game.

chase said:
If you ignore the dozens of previews (IGN , 1up, hell even the 4.5 review I believe) saying it was more than just tacked on than you would see.

Nameless

10 minutes and we're already on page 3:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is going to make the Shenmue GS backlash look like a circle jerk.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The funny thing is that when the GS score would be posted, I would have written up a fake review with an 8.9 just for shits and giggles. And now I find out it's even lower than that. ****ing astonishing.

Poor Game Daily. GS ruined all their hard work in attracting site traffic.

Somnid

yeah...no.

Considering the reviews so far GS is either retarded, looking for hits or both. I'll be willing to take it back is he's right but we all know that's not happening.

Memles

The real tragedy is the dungeon spoilers within the review...I skimmed it and skipped sections as I realized that there was way too much info there for me to actually read it.

Sanjay

so perfect dark zero better...9 out of 10, damn that game was awful, cant image how bad Zelda: Twilight Princess is going to be...

WindyMan

gszeldascore.jpg

Gerstmann felt it deserved a 10. GameSpot's review formula thought otherwise.

Note how this review is the black sheep of the lot that you've seen. I doubt you'll see a lower score from any other outlet.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Why do they let him review wii games when he obviously doesn't like the ideas behind the controller?

That's like letting me review a console fps. I'd 5.0 halo.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Error2k4 said:
after watching him play Wii golf in the couch and saying "it doesnt feel like golf" can you take him seriously?
:lol are you serious that actually happened?

Case in point once more.

evolution

I guess everyone acts the same way when their beloved game recieves an underwhelming score. Just pretend you didn't see it, besides has that score really affected your purchase decision.

Muppet345

chase said:
Yes, it's only an honest opinion if it is negative.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Such a shame. If it were a 9.0, I would've totally bought it.

At 8.9, I'd have considered it.

8.8? NO F*CKIN' WAY.

SUCH BULLSHIT. F*CK YOU JEFF GERSTMANN. GOD.

Hahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

EIGHT POINT EIGHT

EIGHT

POINT EIGHT

POINT EIGHT POINT EIGHT POINT EIGHT POINT EIGHT POINT EIGHT

pokekid.gif

Edit: beaten. Again. Bah!

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
The Black Brad Pitt said:
:lol are you serious that actually happened?

Case in point once more.
It did. He told the guy sitting next to him to move over so he could swing because the character faced to the right.

We seriously need a gif of that.

GhaleonEB

Time for 1up's review thread to hit 110 posts: One hour, 20 minutes
Time for Gamespot's review thread to hit 110 posts: 13 minutes

This thread is way more exciting!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Memles said:
The real tragedy is the dungeon spoilers within the review...I skimmed it and skipped sections as I realized that there was way too much info there for me to actually read it.

The fact that he names a late game item and a late game area that I never knew about or have never heard about before shows how little regard and consideration he has for anyone looking forward to this game, and Zelda fans especially. No other review Ive read has done this- not ONE There isnt even a warning sentence. Utterly disgusting, and utterly tasteless.

This speaks more about Jeff himself than the score.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
evolution said:
I guess everyone acts the same way when their beloved game recieves an underwhelming score. Just pretend you didn't see it, besides has that score really affected your purchase decision.

Those of us that were gonna get it are still gonna get it. The issue is that this was a ****ing worthless review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom