• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I call for a re-score

gawd an 8.8, hell no

recount.jpg

I was hoping this would happen, some day there will be a world without review scores and people will have to decide their purchases with only words. I can't wait.

BACK TO YOSHI'S ISLAND DS. ALMIGHTY NINE POINT ONE!

WARCOCK

Banned
the truth?

WARCOCK said:
Bingo, i think TP is gonna get dinked on the control section because waggling is probably too much effort for his fat ass. Probably ****ing needs to take a rest after every hour and shit, i can easily see a "TEDIOUS CONTROL" remark coming.

Not going to Gamespot anymore. Not because I'm a Zelda fan, but because that review is absolutely ridiculous, and that guy is clearly attempting to get hits.

SantaC

the best would not to make a big deal about it. Everyone knew it was coming from gerstmann's impressions. He doesn't like the wii-mote.

rs7k

Beezy said:
WHAT. THE. ****.

To any one who's thinking about running into this thread and say that 8.8 is still a good score, SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET THE **** OUT.

8.8 is a good score. You guys are getting too upset over a video game. You'll play it and enjoy it anyway.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DarthWufei said:
I was hoping this would happen, some day there will be a world without review scores and people will have to decide their purchases with only words. I can't wait.
It's a good thing that day isn't here or else a lot of people would read spoilers that they don't want to read.

Mugen

Banned
I need to see that Gamespot playing Wii sitting down STAT.

this is still not 6.8 ownage tho but 8.8 is the new 6.8 ahhah.

GhaleonEB

bigmakstudios said:
Not reading review. Jeff Gertsman (and almost everyone else at Gamespot) is an incompetent moron (see: Wii got a Wii video).
I suppose that's better than being ignorant.

I can kinda understand the reaction to the score based on how good everyone wants it to be, and based on other reviews. But to the point where you're going to call him, and the entire company he works for, names without even reading the review, much less not playing the game?

Holy shit. Over-reaction total.

DrLazy

Basically he's calling it an OoT expansion pack.

I read the review. He makes some interesting points, but throughout the review he sounds like he didn't really enjoy the game. Except for the puzzles, virtually every part of the game has major set backs— not fully orchestrated, combat is weak, sword fighting with Wiimote is pointless, bosses are two easy and most of all, the game does not "evolve" and relies to heavily on old formulas and nostalgia.

I haven't yet played the game, but after reading the review I have to wonder if the reviewer is holding the game up to an unattainable standard.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
8.8 sounds just about right for what looks like Zelda Ocarina of Time 1.5

good goin jeff, don't let nintendrones pressure you into giving away 9s

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Didn't Gamespot give the crappy xbox 360 launch title Perfect Dark Zero a 9.0. WTF

Is this some sort of microsoft marketing tool to under score nintendo and ps3 launch titles in lieu of the 360.

i'll sell my xbox 360 in protest.

Rur0ni

Slurpy said:
The fact that he names a late game item and a late game area that I never knew about or have never heard about before shows how little regard and consideration he has for anyone looking forward to this game, and Zelda fans especially. No other review Ive read has done this- not ONE There isnt even a warning sentence. Utterly disgusting, and utterly tasteless.

This speaks more about Jeff himself than the score.
IAWTP.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GhaleonEB said:
I suppose that's better than being ignorant.

I can kinda understand the reaction to the score based on how good everyone wants it to be, and based on other reviews. But to the point where you're going to call him, and the entire company he works for, names without even reading the review, much less not playing the game?

Holy shit. Over-reaction total.

Gamesot hired him, therefore this criticism is legitimate. LEGITIMATE I SAY!

Mrbob

Ahahahahahaha. The reaction is awesome.

Gears may claim the number one spot of the big three in reviews. Interesting.

Hey guys, a new NINTENDO system is coming out that requires NEW gameplay and MOVEMENT.

Lets give the entire launch lineup to jeff, since hes done such a good job with classics like mario kart 64 and THPS3!

Mumei

Hey didn't give it an 8.8, per se; he simply gave it the scores in each category. If anything, he boosted the score by a good margin by giving the tilt a 10.

Still, I find it odd that he gave TWW's sound a 9 and TP's a 7.

If anyone isn't aware, he did the reviews for OoT, TWW, MM, and ALttP (GBA), so he seems to be a regular Zelda reviewer.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
There's no finesse to the way the Wii Remote is used, and at times you'll wish that you could just hit a button to swing the sword instead of dealing with all the motion-sensing nonsense. This is especially true in the rare cases that require you to time your sword swings properly, as well as once you start learning a few extra moves, like the shield bash, which is done by shoving the Nunchuk controller forward. Most of the time, performing this move resulted in a spin attack. The combat controls using the Wii Remote may feel somewhat different from past games, but it doesn't draw you into the experience any more than using a standard controller would, and at worst, it's imprecise.

Jeff with the honest opinion. Much appreciated. Gamecube version for me.

Emobacca

Banned
I should have read this thread before the review because there are some big spoilers in there that i wouldnt normally expect in a review

That fat tool

DrLazy said:
Basically he's calling it an OoT expansion pack.

I read the review. He makes some interesting points, but throughout the review he sounds like he didn't really enjoy the game. Except for the puzzles, virtually every part of the game has major set backs— not fully orchestrated, combat is weak, sword fighting with Wiimote is pointless, bosses are two easy and most of all, the game does not "evolve" and relies to heavily on old formulas and nostalgia.

I haven't yet played the game, but after reading the review I have to wonder if the reviewer is holding the game up to an unattainable standard.

Id take TSA over his review any day. Let a true Zelda master judge the difficulty of a game not some ..... well ***** guy

chase

Are we really going to have to hear about how poorly Wii's graphics stack up to those of the Xbox 360 and PS3 for the next 5 years? Seriously? This guy rated them a 9, so his expectations have, apparently, been properly adjusted. But he still complains. I don't understand.

The game could suck for all I know, but I think the two points I've mentioned deserve ridicule even from people who haven't played the game, thanks to the mountain of evidence that runs contrary to his opinion.

Model 500

evolution said:
I guess everyone acts the same way when their beloved game recieves an underwhelming score. Just pretend you didn't see it, besides has that score really affected your purchase decision.

The thing is, this guy gets paid for that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom