• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

NoRéN;203281480 said:
I'm guessing this is the go-to weed thread?

If so, I have some questions and am looking for as much input as possible.

Looking to smoke marijuana to help with my insomnia.
- Already have my medical card and all that.
- I tried edibles but it took too long to feel the effects.
- Prefer to smoke but don't want myself to reek of smoke

This points me to vape pens but I have no knowledge of them. So, what should I look out for? What would I need, etc.

Looking for as much info. as possible. Ready to learn!

I don't know a lot about them, but I do own this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crafty-Portable-Vaporizer-Storz-Bickel/dp/B00P2LPKDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463045414&sr=8-1&keywords=crafty+vaporizer

I love it, I can get high as balls from a tiny amount of weed, it's super efficient. It also comes with a concentrates pad if you wanna go that route. The only down side is the battery life, which lasts around 30-40 minutes for someone who vapes near the highest temperature like I do.

If I were you I'd watch a few YouTube videos comparing vaporizers, that's what I did which lead me to buy the Crafty. Although I do wish I would've gone upgraded to the Mighty, which is the same as the Crafty but comes with an extra battery and temp controls on the device as opposed to a smartphone app.

Good luck. Hope you find what you're looking for. :)

The Crafty is a wonderful vaporizer, the ability to control the temperature is key, and it's made by Storz & Bickel (the creators of the Volcano, which is an industry standard for vaporizers).

If the Crafty is outside of your budget, here are some vaporizer options:

PAX 2 - $279
The PAX is the fashionable, easy to use vaporizer. It has four heating presets and uses a proprietary charger. No one has questioned my PAX 1, so if you want to keep a low profile, the PAX is a good choice.

Magic Flight Box - $120
The wooden wonder, this vaporizer is compact (tiny!) and is known as the swiss army knife of vaporizers due to all the attachments available. It has a simple heating method and using NiMH batteries, making them quite portable.

Let us know if you have more questions, cheers!

NoRéN

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm definitely looking forward to doing some more research.

Here's one I came across while reading up.

Seems decent but as I said, I know nothing about all this.

Still, I know I will definitely be purchasing something soon since I've been experiencing some of the best sleep in years, YEARS, since I got my card.

The Puffco Pro pen and the Magic Flight box: damn!!!!

Wolfe

Forgot to mention this here but... me and my girlfriend were walking around my school's arboretum and found a grinder FULL of weed in the grass

sEU0whi.jpg

we tried it and this shit is DANK. it's amazing

Haha damn I bet somebody is upset, nice find.

Currently have another batch of coconut canna-oil stewing in the slow cooker. I've used 6 grams of dank Amnesia Haze this time instead of 5, and I've set it to warm instead of low. Thought I'd experiment a little and see if the slightly higher temp makes a difference. Also gonna cook it for 2 1/2 hours instead of 5 this time. Not much of a head high from the last batch, just a body high that makes you feel like you're part of of which piece of furniture you're laying on. Lol.

Currently have another batch of coconut canna-oil stewing in the slow cooker. I've used 6 grams of dank Amnesia Haze this time instead of 5, and I've set it to warm instead of low. Thought I'd experiment a little and see if the slightly higher temp makes a difference. Also gonna cook it for 2 1/2 hours instead of 5 this time. Not much of a head high from the last batch, just a body high that makes you feel like you're part of of which piece of furniture you're laying on. Lol.

How'd this turn out?

How'd this turn out?

Same amount of couch lock as the last batch but with more psychoactive effects, which is what I wanted, so I'm pleased. I split it into 4 rows and divided each row by 3, and each third of a row gets me to an 8/10 all night. I'm thinking of making ISO hash next time and then just melting that into some coconut oil. Can't be bothered with two separate heating processes, too much trial and error.

Mr Git

Holy shit I can use the slow cooker to make canna oil? Amazing.

I'm also looking into buying a vaporizer. Gonna stop smoking and having one will help immeasurably. Would love the Crafty or Mighty but really can't afford something like that now. I've seen friends with the Magic Flight Launch - was considering it as a stopgap, how good is it? Figured I could put away the money I'd usually spend on tobacco and save for a shinier thing like the Mighty.

Holy shit I can use the slow cooker to make canna oil? Amazing.

I'm also looking into buying a vaporizer. Gonna stop smoking and having one will help immeasurably. Would love the Crafty or Mighty but really can't afford something like that now. I've seen friends with the Magic Flight Launch - was considering it as a stopgap, how good is it? Figured I could put away the money I'd usually spend on tobacco and save for a shinier thing like the Mighty.

Honestly, I'd save up for however long it takes to get a Crafty/Mighty. The Crafty is so worth it from personal experience. In fact, I wish I'd splashed out for the Mighty in retrospect. Double the battery life and on-device temp controls (as opposed to having to control the Crafty's temp via a smartphone app).

I have no experience with the MFLB, sorry. Heard good things about them though.

Also, I gave my friend a piece of my canna oil and he liked it so much he bought a quarter and asked me to make him some. He vapes all day long, hardly even gets stoned anymore, yet my oil literally had him on the floor in a fit of giggling. He told me he hadn't felt that kind of high in a long time. XD

Mr Git

Honestly, I'd save up for however long it takes to get a Crafty/Mighty. The Crafty is so worth it from personal experience. In fact, I wish I'd splashed out for the Mighty in retrospect. Double the battery life and on-device temp controls (as opposed to having to control the Crafty's temp via a smartphone app).

I have no experience with the MFLB, sorry. Heard good things about them though.

Also, I gave my friend a piece of my canna oil and he liked it so much he bought a quarter and asked me to make him some. He vapes all day long, hardly even gets stoned anymore, yet my oil literally had him on the floor in a fit of giggling. He told me he hadn't felt that kind of high in a long time. XD

Thank you! I think I'll save then - was also looking at the Plenty which is a bit cheaper but being restricted to a plug socket will be a bit shit in the summer. What's the battery life like on the Crafty? Can you use it whilst it's charging? I read that the MFLB only takes bud which is a shame, although I may get one of those in the future as well - probably don't want to be taking a £200ish thing around to festivals/parties etc.

Smoking joints has basically been my downfall last two times I've attempted to quit smoking, so to be free of that will be brilliant. I've got a techno-fag but tbh I think I'm just going to be done with nicotine, it's not even a drug I like.

Thank you! I think I'll save then - was also looking at the Plenty which is a bit cheaper but being restricted to a plug socket will be a bit shit in the summer. What's the battery life like on the Crafty? Can you use it whilst it's charging? I read that the MFLB only takes bud which is a shame, although I may get one of those in the future as well - probably don't want to be taking a £200ish thing around to festivals/parties etc.

Smoking joints has basically been my downfall last two times I've attempted to quit smoking, so to be free of that will be brilliant. I've got a techno-fag but tbh I think I'm just going to be done with nicotine, it's not even a drug I like.

No problem. A fully charged battery lasts around 40 minutes in my experience, and I vape at ~200 Celsius, and you can use while charging but I believe it has to charge up to 30% first if you're charging it from empty.

I'd take my Crafty to a festival, I'd just keep it in my bag and wear my bag on my front, I was gonna take it to Download this year but the battery just isn't good enough. I'd get 3-4 uses out of it then I'd be fucked. I'm just gonna make a batch of coconut oil and smuggle it in for myself. Lol.

And yeah, fuck joints, and combustion in general. I only smoked joints/pipe for 8 months before I just had to look for other methods. Dunno how people do that shit for years.

The Magic Flight is a good starter vape, while the Mighty is an amazing piece of technology. If you want to stop combusting right away, go with a Magic Flight, it'll get you started on how to vaporize small amounts and comfortable with portability. That and it's always good to have a backup vape. I too am curious about the Mighty, I was recommending the Crafty due to how neat it is and all the phone control, but as an owner of the PAX, I know how much of a bummer it is to run out of battery while out and about. Looks like I have some reading to do. Does anyone have experience with the VapeXhale EVO Desktop Vaporizer?

OG Kush

Visiting the US this week, specifically Miami. How much should I be looking to pay for certain supplies? Need ball park prices ranges for weed, mdma (crystals or pills) and coke. Want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off, thanks!

Davey Cakes

The Magic Flight is a good starter vape, while the Mighty is an amazing piece of technology. If you want to stop combusting right away, go with a Magic Flight, it'll get you started on how to vaporize small amounts and comfortable with portability.
Agreed 100%.

The MFLB is pretty much the perfect starter vape. It's certainly cheap. I've never paid more than $90 even though it's $120 on the main website; other sellers offer cheaper options while usually not voiding the warranty. It produces a nice effect. It's easy to use and clean. It made my transition from smoke (which became a bit too harsh for me), really easy and pretty much sold me on vaping instantly.

The high starts off light but ends up feeling like "taking off in flight." I didn't feel like I was being dragged down by smoke anymore and my high was all the more pleasant.

I also want to say that, for a tabletop vaporizer, the Arizer ExtremeQ is a really good value. It's $150 or less but packs a powerful punch and offers options for tube or bag.

The Arizer Air is my portable now and it's basically like a mini EQ. Less efficient though, as you can't perfectly control the temperature as to avoid overcooking.

Mr Git

No problem. A fully charged battery lasts around 40 minutes in my experience, and I vape at ~200 Celsius, and you can use while charging but I believe it has to charge up to 30% first if you're charging it from empty.

I'd take my Crafty to a festival, I'd just keep it in my bag and wear my bag on my front, I was gonna take it to Download this year but the battery just isn't good enough. I'd get 3-4 uses out of it then I'd be fucked. I'm just gonna make a batch of coconut oil and smuggle it in for myself. Lol.

And yeah, fuck joints, and combustion in general. I only smoked joints/pipe for 8 months before I just had to look for other methods. Dunno how people do that shit for years.

I've broken too many things at Download xD and tbh I'd be concerned a security guard would claim the Crafty was a dangerous weapon if I were you :p I had one do similar about a bottle opener I'd forgotten was in my bag, had to stash it in some grass. Does the Crafty charge via usb? Could always take it to one of the charging stations and hope they don't notice.

Thanks again for the info. 40 Minutes shouldn't be too bad really for home usage - but might be worth saving a bit more for the Mighty. Yeah my lungs are definitely not appreciating how long I've been smoking. Combustion for 17 years now, frightening.

I've broken too many things at Download xD and tbh I'd be concerned a security guard would claim the Crafty was a dangerous weapon if I were you :p I had one do similar about a bottle opener I'd forgotten was in my bag, had to stash it in some grass. Does the Crafty charge via usb? Could always take it to one of the charging stations and hope they don't notice.

Thanks again for the info. 40 Minutes shouldn't be too bad really for home usage - but might be worth saving a bit more for the Mighty. Yeah my lungs are definitely not appreciating how long I've been smoking. Combustion for 17 years now, frightening.

Yup. Micro-USB and wall socket.

The glass stem broke off in my Magic Flight Box. Dug the stuck piece out and now using it in native mode for the first time. It's so much better. Also just cleaned my box for the first time earlier today. I lost the brush so I used q-tips +rubbing alcohol. Shit was nasty.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I smoked a bowl last night, not even that much, just a couple of big hits, but I had the worst trip ever. Like, my mind felt like it didn't work and I called my wife up to ask her about it (she is a pharmacist) and she was mad at me because she assumed I was really drunk because I couldn't even form coherent thoughts; it was like my mind was shattered and just didn't work and I couldn't communicate anything. I ended up having to sleep in my car for like 3 hours before it had worn off.

Anyone ever just have a random bad trip like that? I haven't had one like that in literally over a decade, but it scared me from wanting to smoke again (and I smoke fairly regularly).

Haven't had a bad trip in over a year. Well, wasn't a bad trip exactly, I was just getting close to getting sick/greening out.

On the plus side, hit the dispensary after a work meeting today in the city. Picked up some of that cool Plus weed gum, 1/16 of a sativa (rare for me :O) and 1/8 of 'Blackout'

Will probably try and get more of that gum and sneak it back to college.

So I smoked a bowl last night, not even that much, just a couple of big hits, but I had the worst trip ever. Like, my mind felt like it didn't work and I called my wife up to ask her about it (she is a pharmacist) and she was mad at me because she assumed I was really drunk because I couldn't even form coherent thoughts; it was like my mind was shattered and just didn't work and I couldn't communicate anything. I ended up having to sleep in my car for like 3 hours before it had worn off.

Anyone ever just have a random bad trip like that? I haven't had one like that in literally over a decade, but it scared me from wanting to smoke again (and I smoke fairly regularly).

Sounds awful. I've never experienced anything like that, just pulled a whitey a couple times. The first was at a friends house, I think it was because I hadn't eaten yet (it was morning), and his military dad was in the house at the same time and I was super paranoid about having to speak to him high, lol. Just had to sit there and ride the nausea out.

Second time happened for no reason, but it was only light nausea. Watched some Sopranos to take my mind off it and was fine.

JimiNutz

Banned
The worst experience I ever had was when I was 15 and we found a load of weed on the street behind some bushes.
Saw a guy running (I assume from The Police but we didn't see them) and saw him throw a plastic bag behind a bush. As soon as he was gone we went over and fished the bag out. There was, what looked like just under a half ounce in the bag so we split it between the 2 of us.

I was babysitting my little sister that evening and when she fell asleep I loaded up my pipe and started making my way through the weed. I got about half way through (so probably only smoked 3 grams or so) when suddenly I started to get really bad pain behind my eyes and felt really paranoid. I looked in the mirror to see that my eyes were horrendously bloodshot to the point that my eyes looked really scary and unhealthy and bright lights were really hurting my eyes.

I then started to get really paranoid about the weed and was worried that it was laced with something else (we did find it on the streets after all).

Eventually I just turned off all the lights (because they were hurting my eyes). Curled up into a little ball and started shivering. I must have looked like some kind of junkie suffering from heroin withdrawl. I kept on thinking that I may die but eventually just fell asleep lol

On a business trip this week, and brought some Wyld Indica Gummies with me. Came as a 4-pack for $10, and those babies are potent! Taking one an hour before bed keeps me out all night long.

Just got back from Download Festival, had to sneak in an eighth in my shoe, completely forgot it was in there...and then it started to rain. Got back to my tent and decided to have a vape and realised where it was. It was flat as a pancake and the cling film (plastic wrap) was caked with mud and soaking wet. Luckily the weed was dry....but it did smell funny. Smoked it anyway and got high as fuck. :p

venomenon

Hi, erm, HighGaf,

planning to buy a grinder today. Are there any fancy extras those things offer nowadays that I might want to have, or anything else I should keep in mind? I only had a very, very basic one years ago, without even a pollen depot (which I'm sure I want). I read something about electrical grinders but I guess that's a bit over the top :D

As for grinders, there are a good number of options, Santa Cruz Shredders are known for their quality, fluffiness, and durability. I have three different models and they all work flawlessly. If you're looking for an electrical grinder, they can be quite fun and will require a good amount of cleaning to avoid buildup.

venomenon

As for grinders, there are a good number of options, Santa Cruz Shredders are known for their quality, fluffiness, and durability. I have three different models and they all work flawlessly. If you're looking for an electrical grinder, they can be quite fun and will require a good amount of cleaning to avoid buildup.
Thanks for the advice. Had to settle for a "Spyräl" one because of the limited choice in the local store but I'm perfectly pleased with it as of now.

re video games:
Not really sold on VR gaming while baked, especially not if it involves a lot of movement. Passive VR applications might be a whole different story, I'd be really interested in experiencing some of that.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I ordered the Orbiter attachment for my MFLB today. I've got one of the UFO things, but it's annoying to have to keep pressure on it to maintain a seal with the glass.

cress2000

I'm still fairly new to this, but what's the deal with discrepancies in online info and what the packaging says for strains?

I was doing research on indicas and settled on Granddaddy Purple, which according to web sources seems to be a strongly indica strain, and I just got back from getting some. But then I notice the packaging says 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. wtf?

It's Dab Dudes brand concentrate, fwiw.

"Strongly Indica"
After looking up the strain profile, here:
https://www.leafly.com/indica/granddaddy-purple
It's a pure Indica. When dispensaries label strains, they'll use "Hybrid" if the strain is either Indica dominate or Sativa dominate, which doesn't seem to apply to Gran Daddy Purp. Always check with your bud tender to make sure you're getting the right strain.

I have a question. When I have some Alaska Thunder (sativa), I often get tension in base of my neck and shoulders. Anyone else have this type of reaction?

Jzero

This is probably not the best place to post this but has anyone tried nootropics for a job interview? I want to try modafinil since people say it gives you confidence for no reason.

This is probably not the best place to post this but has anyone tried nootropics for a job interview? I want to try modafinil since people say it gives you confidence for no reason.

No idea, but personally I'd just have a double JD before leaving the house.

Ashhong

I would be worried with edibles on a plane because I can never count on the same high from them. Don't want to be tripping out in a confined space for hours.

Can anybody recommend a good bong for around 100? Are Roors worth it? Is there something that makes one special?

Any colorado gaffers in Northern Colorado? The weed up here is trash and expensive, the only good places I've found is in Denver or Boulder and even now it is hard to find good weed.

Then again I am super picky, because medical reasons.

double post... but...

I managed to snag the Firefly 2 vape after calling nearly every vape store in 20mi. They're all on backorder until mid/late August, so I was really lucky finding this store in SF.

It's really expensive but damn it's worth it. I'd recommend this thing to anybody who wants a solid portable vape.

Well, i got some butter from a friend, just now made some blue berry muffins and now watching Con Air. Life´s good.

Edit: yeah, i´m feeling it mr. krabs.

Top Bottom