• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Wolfe

Picked up like half a gram of moon rocks today, been wanting to try this stuff out since I first came across it (but didn't feel like shelling out 100 buck an 1/8th or whatever it cost).

Blam

I've done it off and on before, but I stopped because I did way too much one time and that just ruined the experience for me.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I am loving the Orbiter for my MFLB. It's the last thing I needed to complete my setup (vape, power supply, finishing grinder, and now the bubbler) and I'm very happy with the whole thing.

Got 1/4 GDP and a little bit of shatter today and had to snap a pic of its beauty.

Very nice. I'm a sucker for purple bud. I recently picked up a strain called Monster Cookies that is suppose to be GDP crossed with Girl Scout Cookies

20160622_173112_1.jpg

Also Platinum Cookies -

and my favorite and unfortunately I haven't been able to find it again (at least the real variety that looks like this), Critical Kush

Ashhong

Will try asking again, but can someone recommend a good bong for about 100$? Is something like a ROOR worth the money? Just a simple bong, nothing fancy.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Very nice. I'm a sucker for purple bud. I recently picked up a strain called Monster Cookies that is suppose to be GDP crossed with Girl Scout Cookies

Also Platinum Cookies -

and my favorite and unfortunately I haven't been able to find it again (at least the real variety that looks like this), Critical Kush

Jesus, those look incredible. Do you guys who get this kind of variety and who know exactly what kind of weed you're getting live in places where pot has been legalized? I ask because I just have to take what I can get by buying through friends of friends. I would love the opportunity to pick out specific strains like that, but I don't know how one goes about doing that unless you live in a place that has dispensaries.

Jesus, those look incredible. Do you guys who get this kind of variety and who know exactly what kind of weed you're getting live in places where pot has been legalized? I ask because I just have to take what I can get by buying through friends of friends. I would love the opportunity to pick out specific strains like that, but I don't know how one goes about doing that unless you live in a place that has dispensaries.

I moved to SoCal earlier this year so I am like a kid in a candy store right now. Or a pot store. I check the menus on weedmaps.com or leafly.com and see what this one place in Venice I really like has and then I rely on this delivery service sometimes as well. Between the two of them I am pretty set. But yea, you gotta move to a medical state or recreational state to get those kinds of strains. I have never seen anything like it before either in my 20+ years living on the East Coast.

I think one gives you more room to collect smoke in the base. The beaker also has a completely removable stem while the others may be fixed which will make cleaning a little harder. I think it really comes down to which one you like the most in terms of looks and how much you care to be able to completely take out the downstem to clean or put in some ice if you ever wanted to.

I use the beaker myself. I have a $400 Crafty vaporizer but I rarely ever use it anymore. I just really prefer the water bong especially when you have high quality flower. You can taste everything 100%, the Crafty sort of makes everything taste the same, especially towards the end as it starts to really cook it.

16BitNova

Does anyone here have experience with 100% CBD products? I want to try it for my anxiety. Smoking or anything with THC or psychoactives just makes my anxiety worse. But, I heard its different with CBD.

I don't know what state you are in but you don't need 100% CBD. If you can get a strain like Critical Kush which is about 20% THC and 5% CBD I think it will really mellow you out. I have friends that would describe themselves the same way you are and it really helps them with their anxiety.

I have tried pure CBD cheeba chews (50mg pure CBD and 2mg THC - *they always add a little THC because something about them being together to get full benefits) and they have a mildly stimulating effect at first but then you feel mellow. There is no high whatsoever from them. So yea, if you are in the right state see if you can get the CBD cheeba chews (pink packaging) or a good indica/hybrid strain that has at least 1% CBD in it. Stay away from most sativas and certain indicas if you are prone to anxiety.

16BitNova

^^
Yeah. I'm fairly sure for the most part I was trying sativas. And aww hell no lol. I would get shaking, and just couldn't focus on anyone thing. My mind was running a marathon of thoughts! Some indicas were a bit easier to handle, but still. I just recently heard about CBD so I'm interested. I'll look into the things you mentioned, thank you!

ChouGoku

Damn I cant wait till I go back to CO, a shop I go to all the time just dropped their prices. $35 for a 1/4, damn I am going to have tons of weed

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is probably not the best place to post this but has anyone tried nootropics for a job interview? I want to try modafinil since people say it gives you confidence for no reason.

Modafinil does give you confidence. It's like Felix Felicis from HP almost. You'll have confidence, focus, energy, and find yourself potentially being more charmful to people.

It can also make you talk to much, irritable, manic, and overconfident

Hey High GAF!

Anyone from California?

New medical marijuana smoker here, and I'm pretty confused about the process.

I got a doctor's recommendation and paid for an extra card which I thought was going to be a legit "medical marijuana card" but it's actually just the recommendation in card form.

Is it worth it to get a legit county-issued card? I know cops can look up the number on the official state directory, but I'm not sure if that's necessary

I know it sounds silly and most will laugh, but I'm a brown person that may look a little "suspicious", and I'm really not trying to get in trouble for weed

obin_gam

I need a bit of advice...
Yesterday I went to the barber to bleech and color my hair, and while bleeching it I could feel the fumes getting in my nose. Didn't experience any weird feelings in my head when I got home though.

Today when I woke up, my head was tired and has been that way for about 6 hours now. I've taken a paracetamol but it hasn't changed anything.

You think the fumes is the cause of this? And also, would it be safe to grab beers when my head is like this?

Had the worst experience with weed I've ever had last night. I cleaned my vaporizer parts in some isopropyl and decided to leave the solution to evaporate to see if I could get a decent amount of resin from it afterwards. Manged to scrape a .2 ball together and then swallowed it. Big fucking mistake. An hour later I started to feel stoned, then it just got stronger and stronger. I ran a bath to relax and ride it out, but it just kept getting stronger, and then I started feeling really nauseous. Had to fight staying awake by focusing on one spot on the wall and doing breathing exercises, all the while it felt like a huge blackhole was in my stomach. This lasted for around 2 hours. Completely paralyzed in the bath. It wasn't until it started to subside a little that I managed to muster the motivation to get out of the bath and go to bed.

I remember thinking to myself as it was happening that if this had happened when I was still new to weed then it would have been enough to put me off it for life. It was that bad. Completely my own fault, though, as I should have known from previous experience that .1 of a gram of resin is enough to get me very stoned for hours.

MattyG

Banned
So I smoked a blunt for the first time last night with a buddy of mine because we didn't have a piece. He got high as usual, but I couldn't. Every time I tried to inhale like I always do I coughed immediately. Are there any tricks to smoking blunts as opposed to a bowl or pipe?

Trying these sativa gummies that bought in Denver last weekend and man the high is great. Currently listening to the new Toro y Moi live album on those cheapo headphones everyone bought in OT last week and man 👌👌👌

Izayoi

Banned
So I smoked a blunt for the first time last night with a buddy of mine because we didn't have a piece. He got high as usual, but I couldn't. Every time I tried to inhale like I always do I coughed immediately. Are there any tricks to smoking blunts as opposed to a bowl or pipe?
Baby tokes. Blunts can be super harsh for beginners.

Puff, puff, pass.

No Love

Banned
Hey High GAF!

Anyone from California?

New medical marijuana smoker here, and I'm pretty confused about the process.

I got a doctor's recommendation and paid for an extra card which I thought was going to be a legit "medical marijuana card" but it's actually just the recommendation in card form.

Is it worth it to get a legit county-issued card? I know cops can look up the number on the official state directory, but I'm not sure if that's necessary

I know it sounds silly and most will laugh, but I'm a brown person that may look a little "suspicious", and I'm really not trying to get in trouble for weed

Yes, the County issued cards are the most legit and safest in my legal opinion.

cress2000

Have you ever not been immune? Edibles are a different case and I find depends on how I'm feeling and thinking. But man when it hits it hits hard

I don't know. I'm relatively new to this whole thing and longer lasting and more intense highs sounded very appealing.

I only vape so I'm more used to concentrates, so I sought a guide on edibles made with them and came across this.

Yesterday I took about 75% of a gram of fresh wax of a strain I really like (Northern Lights) that I bought from a dispensary the day before, put it in the oven at 225 or so for 20 minutes to decarb (it melted a little better at 225 degrees F making it easier to handle,and from what I've read won't harm the THC at all, vs 200 F as the article suggests).

Then I melted an 8 tbsp stick of butter, added the decarbed wax and two teaspoons of soy lecithin and dissolved them in it.

Then I scrambled 4 eggs in 2 tbsp of the stuff (I'm diabetic so I've been trying to avoid the traditional snack edibles), being very conscious about not letting the pan get too hot to affect the THC.

Within an hour of eating the eggs I felt some minor threshold effects, but they never really took off from there. After three hours I mixed another 2 tbsp of the butter with a bit of peanut butter (was really gross lol), but there was no difference.

From what I'm reading these should be heroic doses to the average person.

Right now I'm trying the remaining half of butter in foods at once. I don't expect much. If I'm doing something horribly wrong I'm not sure what.

edit: I should note I've always been hardheaded toward ingested psychoactive substances. It takes about 8 shots of vodka on an empty stomach to get somewhere I like with alcohol, and I don't even drink that often.

edit 2: effect of the remainder is elevated to a nice buzz, but still very underwhelming for the amount.

MattyG

Banned
What's everyone's experience drinking and smoking at the same time? Do you like it at all or would you prefer one or the other?

Ive had both together pretty often and its a nice buzz. Shrubbery makes me tired but paired with drinking, I feel more lively. Shrubbery also counteracts the nausea I get from drinking which is nice.

I definitely prefer being high only but every so often ill do both and enjoy it just as much.

Wolfe

I've done both together once, was fun at the time and then I got really sleepy and the rest of the night ended up being a blur lol.

No bad effects at the time though.

venomenon

What's everyone's experience drinking and smoking at the same time? Do you like it at all or would you prefer one or the other?
I like it a lot in social situations. I actually prefer to smoke weed alone but with friends having both is a blast.

Of course, the order is important. I prefer to drink like 2-3 beers and then smoke (well, and usually continue to do both for the rest of the night). Drinking too much beforehand can be extremely unpleasant (if I'm piss-drunk and then smoke the first one, it's practically guaranteed I'm gonna pass out) while starting to drink after smoking cancels out the high too much, IMO.

Is there a guide for this that you use? I have been stockpiling the remnants from my MFLB because I have read that you can still make effective oils out of it.

You can use ABV, but it will take a lot more of it to get the desired effects, depending on how dark/spent it is.

I don't use a guide, just learned from trial and error. This is what I do:

Buy an eighth or a Q
Line a tray with tin/aluminum foil
Grind up 5-6 grams (I save a gram or two for vaping because edibles can be unpredictible at times)
De-carb (essentially "activating" the weed for oral use) weed in oven for 30 minutes at 122C/252F
Add coconut oil to slow-cooker (enough to fully cover all of the weed), and heat on low until oil is clear
Add weed
Leave on for 2-3 hours....more if you want more of a body high than a head high. I once left it on for 8 hours and the resulting concoction could have put an elephant to sleep.

I usually turn my slow-cooker to 'warm' for the last 45 minutes or so. Afterwards I pour the oil into an old biscuit tin and divide into equal squares. I usually get around 12-14 servings per quarter ounce of weed, so it doesn't last as long as if I were to vape 5-6 grams, but the high is MUCH stronger AND lasts for hours...so IMO it's well worth it.

And please don't skip out on the de-carbing process. You can get high by just adding the raw weed directly into the slow-cooker w/ the oil, but it won't be as effective as de-carbing properly beforehand.

http://www.wakeandbakecookbook.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-to-activate-thc/

cress2000

Cinex (sativa-dominate hybrid) is such a great strain. The most clear-headed I've tried so far and also the single most effective treatment for my depression.

Weed in general also seems to be effective in treating my normally super cold feet (promoting better circulation?).

openrob

Why do I see posts on Facebook saying "High AF!" - along with the elderly saying "Oh these kids are trying... to escape reality!" (does the exact opposite for me)

It's not like that. I just started working construction, and all my coworkers smoke blunts just like a cig i.e. normal? We get high, continue what we're doing, and go on. You see in movies it's always a couple of bone heads eating potato chips on the couch, cracked over their mind.

Maybe when it becomes legal in states, people will look at it differently.

I know this is an old as hell post, but it reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-JhEnVPFg4

Futureman

I'm going to Portland later this month. When I fly back home I'm going to Baltimore first, then back home.

Any advice on bringing edibles back? Is it fairly safe? Or should I just forget it? I had a weed lollipop years ago that I loved but would like to try others as well. My GF is fine with me smoking weed but hates the smell and smoking. I'm thinking she would try some edibles with me if it's viable to bring them back.

Top Bottom