• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Vista and a DX10 Graphics card, play Lost Planet now!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_lostplanet_downloads.html

Looks like the link is not working (yet).

NVIDIA® And Capcom Introduce Lost Planet - The First DirectX 10 Game Demo

MAY 15, 2007

News Facts:

· Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is the first game demo that takes advantage of NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series DirectX 10-compatible graphics processors.

· NVIDIA has worked closely with Capcom to bring the hit Xbox 360 action shooter to the PC, providing technical expertise and GeForce® 8 Series graphics processing units (GPUs) for development and testing. Lost Planet is a part of NVIDIA’s The Way Its Meant To Be Played® program.

· Lost Planet will feature Extreme High Definition (XHD) support with up to 2560x1600 resolution, higher resolution special effects, and improved lighting and shadows.

· NVIDIA and Capcom are conducting extensive testing to ensure maximum compatibility and stability when gamers play Lost Planet on NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.

· The demo is available at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_lostplanet_downloads.html. The final version of the game is scheduled for release on June 26th, 2007.

· Microsoft DirectX 10 is included with Microsoft Windows Vista and delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects for games. DirectX 10 games running on GeForce 8-series GPUs will deliver rich, realistic scenes, increased character detail and shadow effects, and more lifelike animations.

Quote by Jun Takeuchi, producer of Lost Planet:

“NVIDIA technical expertise was critical in making our game look even better on the PC. The incredible rendering power of NVIDIA GeForce graphics processors allows gamers to experience every amazing detail that Lost Planet has to offer.”

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Haunted One said:
lostplanetcommunity.com has a PC demo counter - it says there's over 10 hours left.

press release got out early, blim?
Maybe, I just got it from Games Press, I didn't even check the link I admit.

Lince

Banned
let's use this thread as the official thread for the demo, post your download links and first impressions, benchmarks etc..

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
· Lost Planet will feature Extreme High Definition (XHD) support with up to 2560x1600 resolution, higher resolution special effects, and improved lighting and shadows.

The Wii would be like:
wtf_cat.jpg.w300h371_HeOTTJstzM5Z.jpg

luffeN

lost planet demo will be available tomorrow(5/16), i got 2 links dx9 and dx 10 for german press, but embargo until tomorrow ! and it says that the links are for press only

edit: ah okey, link will work tomorrow morning 3 am in austria, thats gmt +1

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Lost Planet will feature Extreme High Definition (XHD) support with up to 2560x1600 resolution
Yikes, are the new video cards even able to perform well at such a resolution?!

Oh man once the dx9 demo is out im going to make my pc cry so much testing it out, it's going to be amazing!

I own it for 360 anyway so eh :p

Diablohead said:
Oh man once the dx9 demo is out im going to make my pc cry so much testing it out, it's going to be amazing!

I own it for 360 anyway so eh :p

I think it will be a good gauge of where Xenos is technically. It will be interesting to see which DX10 features the PC version will implement that the 360 version does not have.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
gregor7777 said:
I think it will be a good gauge of where Xenos is technically. It will be interesting to see which DX10 features the PC version will implement that the 360 version does not have.
There's a Capcom-made comparison feature available here:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46548

PC version looks better, but it's not like a night and day difference.

And :lol at avatar. Looks like Wollan is really getting on some of people's nerves :lol
Do you want to be annoyed even more? How about knowing I got PS3 many months before I originally planned, only so that I can play Flow!

Marconelly said:
And :lol at avatar. Looks like Wollan is really getting on some of people's nerves :lol
Do you want to be annoyed even more? How about knowing I got PS3 many months before I originally planned, only so that I can play Flow!

As long as you don't post it in lists of "Must Have AAA titles" and "reasons for sane people to buy a $600 system" I think we're straight. LOL

Flow does look cool.

luffeN

oke, i downloaded the dx9 version, installed it and got an error message stating that one dll is missing :(

will download it later today again

KingJ2002

ill check it out later on... never really got a chance to test out my new PC... gaming wise.

oh yea... im crysis ready (well... i think so)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The game really is a graphical Tour De Force. Just beat that bitch of a boss at the end of Level 6. Not easy.

banKai said:
oke, i downloaded the dx9 version, installed it and got an error message stating that one dll is missing :(

will download it later today again

Downloaded DX9 version from where? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Mrbob said:
*crickets*

Play old Xbox and Xbox 360 ports, only with the power of Windows Vista and DX10.

Oops! Someone has no idea what he's talking about. :(

Saoh

ok, so, WHERE is the dx9 demo?? i can't find it.

it's not illegal, people, it's a free demo.

edit: forget it, apparently the demo will be out today at 6pm pacific time. sigh, the internet sucks -_-

MrSingh

So awesome. I'll download this and play on my new PC. I wonder how the GF8500GTS card will like this. It's DX10!!! :lol :lol :lol

vpance

For some reason it needs like 730mbs free space on C drive. Had to uninstall stupid .NET 2.0 to free up my O/S partition.

Top Bottom