• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Vista and a DX10 Graphics card, play Lost Planet now!

capture1bx5.jpg

That Worked :D

Hah, the demo comes with a large performance test-complete with running FPS scores in different areas and system stats during the demo.

Give Capcom some credit-they know what PC gamers want out of this demo. :lol

bee

ran the performance test in xp dx9 demo of course,i dont fancy tryin it at 1080p so ran it on the other screen at 1360x768 4xaa 16xaf all settings high, got snow 55fps cave 60fps, plenty happy with that gonna reboot into vista and see what dx10 has to offer.

really nice looking game though even on this dx9 demo, looong benchmark though.

Brofist

seems to run decent in the test considering I am running the 320MB version of the 8800GTS, although fps takes a decent hit with explosions

lpbenchda3.jpg

Stitch

awesome demo, it stops every few seconds and tells me that it doesn't run optimal and i need to lower the settings.

kpop100 said:
seems to run decent in the test considering I am running the 320MB version of the 8800GTS, although fps takes a decent hit with explosions

lpbenchda3.jpg
Wow, I don't think I even want to try it, my 9600se 128 would never forgive me.

Crypto

Banned
<10 fps at 360 equivalent settings on a 6800 GT in XP...

Man, that warning (which doesn't turn off properly) is SOOO annoying.

Nif

I'm getting 21-30 fps on the performance test with an nvidia GF 7600gs 256mb , AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz 3800+ (Dual Core), 2GB Ram. Definitely playable. I haven't played the actual demo yet, but assuming it's less stressful in most areas, I think my PC will be fine.

Crypto

Banned
Nif said:
I'm getting 21-30 fps on the performance test with an nvidia 7600gs, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz 3800+ (Dual Core), 2GB Ram. Definitely playable. I haven't played the actual demo yet, but assuming it's less stressful in most areas, I think my PC will be fine.

What settings are you running it at? I'm surprised you're getting that much on a 7600 because I see some on other forums getting less on 7800s.

bee

wow the beauty of dx10 and vista...ye right all it does is complain of missing dll's, managed to get 1 but i cant find d3dx10_33.dll so i'll have to wait till tomorrow i guess to try it.

Nif

Crypto said:
What settings are you running it at? I'm surprised you're getting that much on a 7600 because I see some on other forums getting less on 7800s.

Default settings, I went straight to the test. I have a limbus run to do now on FFXI, but I can double check later.

Crypto

Banned
Nif said:
Default settings, I went straight to the test. I have a limbus run to do now on FFXI, but I can double check later.

Default settings for me were low / off on everything and a resolution I never even heard of 800x448

Pimpbaa

Reikon said:
Seems like the ATI cards still have quite a bit of driver problems.

Still? Their driver problems have just begun. They have a lot of work ahead of them. And nvidia has had a huge head start. The R600 chip being more complex isn't going to help either. New driver model (in vista) plus completely new architectures has really been a stumbling block for both companies.

bee

yep that was some mighty poor searching i dd there, soon as i posted that i found it and just ran it in dx 10.

so what does dx10 have to offer then in this game, at 1st glance identical graphics and lower frame rates :p same settings got me snow 43fps cave 46fps.

have to go play it a lot now, wanna see if i can actually spot any differences, i doubt i will though.

edit: im impressed both with the game and vista,1st game ive properly played on vista and it runs great with really nice graphics too, shame creatives vista sound drivers are dogshit and lets it down a little, cant seem to be able to takes any screenshots though in dx10 perhaps someone will have a solution tomorrow but im off to bed now.

Lince

Banned
Win XP Pro (dx 9.0c)
Core 2 Duo e6600
2GB
7800 GT

set everything on high except AF (set to 4) and AA (it won't let me touch this as long as HDR is set to high, maybe the nVidia 7 series AA+HDR problem)

performance test: 25-44 fps with an average of 34

game looks great (almost identical to the x360 ver but without AA) but the x360 version is definitely smoother with much less slowdown and hiccups, ah well... going to bed now.

krzy123

meh this is crap. I got the dll error shown above but that was fixed by downloading the dx9 April 10 2007 update. No biggie.

First off no native res for my monitor i and the widescreen modes seemed whacked so i ran it the default res (1024x768? something like that). Framerate was kind of crappy 40-60 fps on a E6600 8800GTS on XP (4x AA 16xAF all settings high). So I beat the first two enemy spawns things, seems ok. Fight bigger baddie, then um program crash followed by total blue screen :|, first one i've gotten on this pc.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I have a 7950 gt with an Athlon X2 4200+ and with everything on high except AA it runs at about 10-15 fps less when you throw grenades outside.

RumFore

Banned
Now I know why I like the 360. LESS HASSLE. Guess I downgraded too much as it didn't run or look as good as on my 360.

Xdrive05

It's available on Steam and it dls about three times faster there than anywhere else. I'm getting 250 to 350k and no less.

My results:

Everything I could set on high was, shadows had to be set on medium, seems high was unavailable

AA was off, as was v-sync

AF was at 16x

lpresultsex6.jpg

For this one:

AA was set to 4X

v-sync was on

AF was at 16x

everything allowed was set to HIGH

lpresults2ve4.jpg

The dips were a little lower overall, but not a huge difference in performance.

lol...PC gaming threads are seemingly always about fps, resolution, bugs, hardware, drivers, AA, etc. but hardly anyone ever talks about the game itself.

So....how 'bout that Lost Planet?

Greg

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
lol...PC gaming threads are seemingly always about fps, resolution, bugs, hardware, drivers, AA, etc. but hardly anyone ever talks about the game itself.

I got lost in the planet due to such amazing resolutions - and the shit was running so smooth.

Xdrive05

Is anyone trying this with less than 256mb video ram? I'm gonna see if I can force it to run with my 6600gt 128mb.

Then tomorrow I'll use my
fiance's
better system.

EDIT: my Steam speeds just rocketed: 600kb+

Brofist

Xdrive05 said:
It's available on Steam and it dls about three times faster there than anywhere else. I'm getting 250 to 350k and no less.

I got 1500k/sec on the nzone site. Then again 100/100 fiber makes things fast ;)

edit: thought I'd dl the DX9 version also just for comparison sake, dl was even a little faster on this one :D

dlspeediw5.png

kpop100 said:
I got 1500k/sec on the nzone site. Then again 100/100 fiber makes things fast ;)

edit: thought I'd dl the DX9 version also just for comparison sake, dl was even a little faster on this one :D

dlspeediw5.png
/\ /\ Hell yeah I was getting 1-2000 k/sec too. Comcast FTW

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

That is why I don't like PC gaming.

I really hate when people start talking about console games AA, AF, fps as well. It makes sense to talk about that stuff in PC gaming because everyone's got a different rig, but on console games I forget about all that PC malarkey.

ThirdEye said:
Is online play available in the demo?
No just two levels

Sirusjr

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Guess i can forget about this one :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

pretty much what I got. I even tried turning everything down to minimum and the game would just give me a stupid message that my performance was way too crappy to even play. So much for playing 360 games on my x1600 pro with 2.8 gig pentium 4 and 2 gigs of ram.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Just built a new machine today. All Im missing is a videocard. Can't wait to try this. I havent played a pc game in years.

koam

How can I tell which version of the nvidia drivers i have? Windows crashed when it was rebooting during the install.

Top Bottom