• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Kmart this morning looking for Fist of the North Star. The woman at the counter said that they didn't receive that game, but they were expecting another shipment at 5pm because thats when Gran Turismo 5 would be in. They are also having a sale where you get a free 25 dollar off your next game purchase if you buy Gran Turismo today :lol

The new Qore had more new footage in their MCR section than the previous GT5 dedicated episode had. Basically everything in the MCR section was new except for a few seconds of the Red Bull trailer. Lots of replay footage and what appeared to be sequences from the actual intro.

They also mention that MCR designed a racing suit for GT5.

keuja

robotzombie said:
I went to Kmart this morning looking for Fist of the North Star. The woman at the counter said that they didn't receive that game, but they were expecting another shipment at 5pm because thats when Gran Turismo 5 would be in. They are also having a sale where you get a free 25 dollar off your next game purchase if you buy Gran Turismo today :lol

what do you mean? She told you that GT5 would be in the 5pm shipment... TODAY?

Here's the car that Joey Logano will be driving at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend

KrP2m.jpg

Credit to Blitz24 at GTplanet.

Ashes

robotzombie said:

Woh woh woh. Hold up a sec bro. Shipment expected, did you say?

edit:
kiddin btw. obviously, she doesn't know what's what.

Dead Man

This is good, now hurry up and give us a date! Or just start shipping them to sell once you get a truckfull, I don't care.

ZeroRay

Thank the gods!

Hopefully there won't be a delay because there's actually one God and he thought my comment was blasphemous.

gdt

This game looks insane...but I hate hate hate hate HATE sim racers (not even a big racing/car fan anyway). I'll probably pick this up way down the line when it's super cheap.

RustyNails said:
Yamauchi is hardly a source for concrete information. Just sayin'. His record speaks for itself.

The dude doesn't lie. Plus Sony confirmed to IGN that they're going to be providing further details on the gold master submission as well as the release date very soon.

SolidSnakex said:
The dude doesn't lie. Plus Sony confirmed to IGN that they're going to be providing further details on the gold master submission as well as the release date very soon.
But remember when he laughed at the notion that GT5 is a 2010 release, and that its coming "soon", and the other time earlier in 2009 that GT5 was complete and he could release it anytime he wanted? Back then, they didn't even have damage and weather.

Mush

SolidSnakex said:
Hopefully during SEMA?

Conceited said:
This is relevant to my interests.
Is that blue car an D1 RX7 or something?

Ashes

RustyNails said:
But remember when he laughed at the notion that GT5 is a 2010 release, and that its coming "soon", and the other time earlier in 2009 that GT5 was complete and he could release it anytime he wanted? Back then, they didn't even have damage and weather.

I hear you bro. This is exactly the same thing.

RustyNails said:

Yeah, I remember the "we can release it any time we want" comment, but people who bring htat up always seem to forget that there was more to that comment

"Naturally, my attention is focused purely on Gran Turismo 5 right now," he told Famitsu magazine in an interview published this week. "The scale of this title is just dizzying, so daily progress is slow, but it's still going forward at a steady clip. All the basic stuff is complete, but we're trying to give everything that little bit extra at present. We could release it any time we want, really, but I want to have that classic GT-style 'did we really have to go this far?' feel going. I want to go way beyond gamer expectations."

http://www.1up.com/news/gran-turismo-producer-discusses-gt5

Glad to hear this news today, and am saving a spot for it under the tree.

To be honest I have never played a GT game before outside of the GT 5 Prologue. I have always been more of a fan of arcade racers like Ridge Racer, but this game sure looks like a good place to get into this kind of racer.

Those screens really don't do the game justice either. You kind of forget just how good the game looks when you're limited to a bunch of off screen videos. When you see it on your TV in proper HD it's really stunning.

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, I remember the "we can release it any time we want" comment, but people who bring htat up always seem to forget that there was more to that comment

http://www.1up.com/news/gran-turismo-producer-discusses-gt5
Regardless, I believe that saying he could release it anytime he wanted was a dumb thing to say. I'm sorry but during the past 5 years of development I'm a bit disillusioned by Kaz. He's still a humble guy and a visionary man, a combination that is rarest of the rare. Just that my mind is a bit apprehensive about reading into anything about GT5's release coming from Kaz.

dwebo

RustyNails said:
Also, Eurogamer is reporting that their source is telling them "not much hope" for GT5 in 2010. Sigh.
I believe that was posted before Kaz made his disc pressing comment, unless this is a new report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom