• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

The game isn't coming out on New Year's Day. That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard and I can't believe websites are even reporting on it. It's just a retail placeholder.

lethial

I'm not getting excited until I have an actual copy in my GOD DAMN HANDS JESUS COME ON HURRY UP. They better not delay it due to something silly now!

Phenomic

Piggus said:
The game isn't coming out on New Year's Day. That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard and I can't believe websites are even reporting on it. It's just a retail placeholder.

:lol I still think it will be early December. Figure we will find out soon enough.

Happy if true!

1265648927_happy-dog-is-happy.gif

Nizz

Metalmurphy said:

Metalmurphy said:
The hud was the proof it was gameplay. The trailer was cause he said he hasn't been keeping up with the game :p

Goldrusher said:
Why link to a trailer to prove it's real gameplay ? :p

Here's actual 60fps rain gameplay http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_gt...n-9976_en
Thanks. I just watched those vids. I had quickly glanced at the GIF and thought it looked fantastic. Looking at it again I then realized wow it is gameplay. Last GT game I played was GT4, I mostly play FPS games not racers. :)

But damn if I wouldn't want to get this game. GT4 played great, and that gameplay with these graphics! That cockpit view looks great.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Wait, they're actually releasing that PS3 in blue?

Damn, that's ballsy. But awesome at the same time!

itsgreen

Mush said:
SSX, where did you get this shot from? Link please?
CShSM.jpg

Cant judge by the small jpg, but the James Bond 747 seems very low poly... wonder if the Hind and the other planes are also on the field...

Piggus

itsgreen said:
Cant judge by the small jpg, but the James Bond 747 seems very low poly... wonder if the Hind and the other planes are also on the field...

Fuck... better cancel your preorder, man.

So, the entire gaming world has been unable to get any info regarding the progress of GT5, and Kaz just casually reveals that it's gone gold, at SEMA? :lol

It really is cars over gaming, with his Kaz-ness.

Cars:Kaz :: Alcohol:Club ho

...loosens those lips.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
SolidSnakex said:
XuDio.jpg

Credit to CoolCoLJ from GTplanet.
If there is a UK bundle I will be hitting people.

I bought the Driving Force GT 2 weeks ago (Partly for F1 2010, partly for GT5) because a GT5/Wheel bundle wasn't seemingly going to happen and now I see this (albeit JP but hey)

Well, Logitech will be happy. Seriously though, if you buy GT5 and don't have that wheel, you're doing it wrong. Now, my money is here SCEE, announce a date and I'll fork it over.

dwebo

SolidSnakex said:
http://imgur.com/XuDio.jpg[IMG]

Credit to CoolCoLJ from GTplanet.[/QUOTE]
Didn't realize they get their own DFGT bundle too. Wonder if that's coming stateside?

TylerD

George Claw M.D. said:
So, the entire gaming world has been unable to get any info regarding the progress of GT5, and Kaz just casually reveals that it's gone gold, at SEMA? :lol

It really is cars over gaming, with his Kaz-ness.

Cars:Kaz :: Alcohol:Club ho

...loosens those lips.

Just one of the reasons why GT is such a treat for petrolheads.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
jigglywiggly said:
Guess it's time to throw my G25 out, then.
I meant to say "at least".

Of course those with G25s or G27s need not worry either, as they are more than equipped for GT5 as well.

*runs*

Mush said:
Cool, there's like a few new cars in that shot that we haven't seen in the flesh before. (I assume GTplanet has already picked this apart already but whatevs.)
maybe.png

Yep

PhAIB.jpg

Credit to Fido_le_muet from GTplanet.

UFRA

:lol :lol

How did they even identify some of those cars?

"Hmm, a green and red blob. I bet that's the Castrol Mugen NSX!"

TEH-CJ

Banned
Fuck yes!!!!!!

now lets just hope the cars still don't sound like my 15 year old lawnmower. I have faith in PD.

Majine

Banned
Oh come on, they're super hardcore car fans. I bet you could point out if there was a PSP IN one of those cars in the distance. :lol

THE:MILKMAN

UFRA said:

Didn't you watch You Bet! as a kid? The contestant's on there could identify cars blindfolded!

They have the mag

Ranger X

Absolute awesome.
But since they need to print multiple millions of copies BEFORE launch, This probably means an early december release at best.

LiK

UFRA said:

never underestimate the power of car nerds.

Glowingmonx said:
[MG]http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07team/07team_img/07t039mc.jpg[/IMG]

It's a lot easier if you see the picture of the real car first ;p

Yep, initially people thought that the Alfa Romeo TZ2 was a Ferrari 250 GTO as they resemble each other. But once you look at the paint scheme you can tell that it's the TZ2 that Kaz chose as the GT Award winner at last years Concours d'Elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom