• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Fork

Ireland would be awful why are people asking for it. The accent is ok when it's relegated to 1 or 2 characters but the entire game it would be insufferable. Not only that but is there anything interesting in Ireland? As interesting as places like California, Florida, NYC, Detroit etc.?

London would be good but I prefer Japan as the first foreign GTA. I don't think they'll leave the US for a while though since the games have obviously become much satire on America.

To be honest, the location doesn't bother me. If the atmosphere is appropriate and well done, I'll enjoy it. Its the content that'll kill it for me. I was bored shitless in GTA IV.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
with the font for the 5 i doubt it'd take place anywhere but america guessing itll be just like san adreas but set in the current day

fnmore1 said:
Apologize if old but;

U.S. five dollar sign means it could probably be in DC, capital of the U.S.?

that is what my "money" is on..

Capitol City

so much opportunity to troll our government and politicians.

goodfella

RooMHM said:
But it's the same engine no? I mean I hope it will look even better that Gay Tony but there won't be a gap I think.

There will be a big gap. The engine has improved majorly for two smaller releases (RDR and MP3) so think how much the engine will be improved for a GTA game.

GTA London/UK:

Rainy street environments, council housing, lots of street drug crime and theft, varying
environments: countryside-ish open areas to explore, British police, match riots, riots in
general, worker strikes, heavy industry, general loutish behaviour, smuggling,
immigrants,terrorist aspects etc. etc.

B E L I E V E.

Will be in Washington/America, dollar bill V confirms

goodfella said:
There will be a big gap. The engine has improved majorly for two smaller releases (RDR and MP3) so think how much the engine will be improved for a GTA game.

Let's hope that they've managed to improve the engine on the PS3. Every game on that engine has run at a sub-HD resolution.

saladine1

GTA V: Armageddon

Play as the Anti Christ himself. Plan and execute the take over of the world in a clash of good vs evil.

Darktails

I think that the game will be set in either Hollywood or Washington in present time. Any other location/era would be quite a surprise to me.

_Isaac

JetBlackPanda said:
that is what my "money" is on..

Capitol City

so much opportunity to troll our government and politicians.

Hm. You're right. That'd be interesting. I was also thinking last night how it'd be interesting if the main character was a grown up Jimmy Hopkins.

I hope the website auto-refreshes or something when it's released.
Don't want to sit there looking at a black screen waiting for it to load whilst every one else f5'd and is crying.

Desmond

Angry Fork said:
Ireland would be awful why are people asking for it. The accent is ok when it's relegated to 1 or 2 characters but the entire game it would be insufferable. Not only that but is there anything interesting in Ireland? As interesting as places like California, Florida, NYC, Detroit etc.?

London would be good but I prefer Japan as the first foreign GTA. I don't think they'll leave the US for a while though since the games have obviously become much satire on America.
Most Irish accents in the Media are rubbish(GTA4 included), plus there is a huge variety.

Atlas in BioShock was a decent one.

City wise, it could be Dublin, Limerick ('stab city'), and Northern ones like Derry and Belfast

Seep

Ubermatik said:
GTA London/UK:

Rainy street environments, council housing, lots of street drug crime and theft, varying
environments: countryside-ish open areas to explore, British police, match riots, riots in
general, worker strikes, heavy industry, general loutish behaviour, smuggling,
immigrants,terrorist aspects etc. etc.

B E L I E V E.

Will be in Washington/America, dollar bill V confirms
Do it!

Meadows

Banned
You know, it's crazy that 50 minutes before the trailer goes out we know NOTHING.

All we have is a logo with a dollar bill, and a very vague rumour that something called Project Rush was casting in Los Angeles (they might just be casting there, doesn't mean it's set there).

Crazy

Marleyman

Banned
Darktails said:
I think that the game will be set in either Hollywood or Washington in present time. Any other location/era would be quite a surprise to me.

I feel the same way, although a mix of LA/Hollywood/Las Vegas is also a possibility.

If its DC ONLY than it will be a let down. I feel like DC is totally underwhelming compared to how great LBC was done with the attention to detail of all the borrows in NYC. The only problem with LBC was the lack of MSG and baseball stadiums.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Didn't the internets basically break the last time a GTA first video was released?

Or am I thinking of some other game?

Maybe sites are better equipped today though.

goodfella

Ubermatik said:
I hope the website auto-refreshes or something when it's released.
Don't want to sit there looking at a black screen waiting for it to load whilst every one else f5'd and is crying.

Have two open, one to refresh. :)

Marleyman

Banned
X26 said:
if it was DC, and only DC, I'd be incredibly disapointed

I can only imagine the controversy it would cause if they tackle it like Rockstar does everything else. Corrupt politicians, lobbyists, defense contractors, etc.

gofreak said:
Didn't the internets basically break the last time a GTA first video was released?

Or am I thinking of some other game?

Maybe sites are better equipped today though.

No site have the video or they would have break it. Internet pretty much exploded last time they did this. Youtube was down. Rockstar's site was blast beyond orbit, plane went down, all western world went black out, etc...

Chesskid1

Banned
any mods watchin in here?

def need to lock this and have a reaction thread bout 5 min till airing.

REALLY DAMN EXCITED bout this. can't wait.

the trailer has to have palm trees, it has to! mark my words there will be palm trees. i want a GTA with palm trees!

palm trees are really special to us Finns living in the cold north.

Crunch2600

Neo Member
If not set anywhere in San Andreas, I'm guessing a New Mexico, Arizona thing with Mexico in there for good measure. They have that Red Dead desert technology n' shit. Drug running across the border, turf wars. Cartel drama.

I'm very doubtful about this. Last time's trailer was awesome, but I really fear a major letdown with the city reveal.

Even if the game end up awesome with setting (location and date) people will always be disapointed

bengraven

It will probably be DC, LA or NY/Liberty City. When you think money, you think those two places.

And since the mint is in DC, yeah.

I suspect it'll be West Coast, LA, but I'd love a DC version. Thought it'd always be an awesome city to do for GTA. So much in game material, great city layout, and it is a "contained" city, not sprawling out like other major cities like, say, Chicago, which sprawls and has no clear beginning and end.

Crunch2600 said:
If not set anywhere in San Andreas, I'm guessing a New Mexico, Arizona thing with Mexico in there for good measure. They have that Red Dead desert technology n' shit. Drug running across the border, turf wars. Cartel drama.

Put some asphalt in RDR and you're halfway there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom