• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
after RDR, i'm thinking it'll probably be Vegas as well. much easier to reuse a lot of desert assets.

but i really dont want it to be in vegas.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Tomodachi said:
I don't feel too good, lol. God, I might come off as a psychopath but I'm so fucking anxious :D
I'm not even playing Uncharted 3 lol. I don't even care about it. I need to see this first.

Tobor

My money's on Capital City as well. DC makes too much sense. It's the best way to up the controversy level as well.

UnluckyKate said:
I'm very doubtful about this. Last time's trailer was awesome, but I really fear a major letdown with the city reveal.

Even if the game end up awesome with setting (location and date) people will always be disapointed

the trailer will hint at 2 or more cities. one will be a sunny place (LA or something) and one will be winter time (DC or something). absolutely no one would be disappointed. (besides those who want Dubai or Tokyo or something crazy)

believe.

LegoArmo said:
The game is going to be set in California and it's going to feature tracks from Dr. Dre's "Detox" on the radio.

astroturfing said:
the trailer will hint at 2 or more cities. one will be a sunny place (LA or something) and one will be winter time (DC or something). absolutely no one would be disappointed. (besides those who want Dubai or Tokyo or something crazy)

believe.

LA + DC ? No chance. I can't see two different city with no land connection.

And even if I wish they would give us a MASSIVE world to cover the entire USA, I am trully skeptic

LegoArmo said:
The game is going to be set in California and it's going to feature tracks from Dr. Dre's "Detox" on the radio.

that... i can see that actually.

UnluckyKate said:

And even if I wish they would give us a MASSIVE world to cover the entire USA, I am trully skeptic

2 discs for 360. get on a plane in either LA or DC and switch discs.

yeah wishful thinking i know :) but they HAVE had plenty of time to make something incredible. i'm not disappointed at all if it's "just" one big city though.

mclem

UnluckyKate said:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Desert Bus! (1G)

Angry Fork

LegoArmo said:
It can't be DC, no one outside America gives a fuck about that place.
The white house and Lincoln Memorial are world famous aren't they? NYC may have a few more places/statues that are world famous but I don't think DC is out of the question just for that. Everyone knows it's the capital of the US and has all the political shit.

But I do agree it's more obscure than something like Las Vegas or LA.

mclem

The logo screams DC at me - with a small second choice of Vegas.

However, if it *is* DC, is there *any* way that a late (final?) mission won't involve assassinating a politician? Either the president, or a major opposition politician while working for the prez?

mclem said:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Desert Bus! (1G)

Press X to skip to destination, or look around for 650 hours of crop fields, desert and forest that you can't acess other wide

astroturfing said:

yeah wishful thinking i know :) but they HAVE had plenty of time to make something incredible. i'm not disappointed at all if it's "just" one big city though.

That would be working, of course, but it would go against everything Rockstar has militate and achieve in open world design and structure for the past decade.

I agree, one big city would be disapointing, unless a truly original or ballsy choice (Tokyo, Moscow, Rio...)

Please two city. DC and Boston :<

It WILL be America. The logo IS a dollar bill. It's green, has the same pattern, and has that scroll banner thingy.

GTA-V-Logo-490x225.jpg

If the logo was a lighter green/almost yellow, it would be the UK, like so.

3NH4r.png

Cptkrush

If they do San Andreas, I hope they include hunting so I have a reason to go to Back O Beyond this time. RDR hunting was so satisfying, now imagine doing it with a Rocket Launcher and some sticky mines.

Haven't been keeping up with the thread but the trailer is up in 30 minutes? What did that guy mean by IGN stream? is this a conference or a trailer

Magni

astroturfing said:
that... i can see that actually.

Was hoping for that, but replace LA with Paris or London (or Berlin?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom