• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Reggie really been accepted at Nintendo Japan?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Do you feel Reggie, because he is black, will be accepted by the head honchos at Nintendo Japan including Iwata? Or do you feel racism will stop him from reaching the top level of promotion including possibly a CEO position? Being that he's black, I don't think he will last too long at Nintendo. Poor guy :(

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Stele said:
I can imagine the names they call him behind his back, and it ain't pretty.

Yeah, for real tho....

Culex

Banned
All kidding aside, I do believe there is a strong dislike in the black population over there in Japan.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo! Prove me wrong!

Docpan

What?

Nevermind, just stop talking. From now on, instead of reading your posts, I'll just glare at the boobage in your avatar briefly, then move on to something that won't dull my brain.

MaddenNFL64

I don't know. In Japan, he is probably joked about as a big dumb ape, or something. Like that big black guy, who is a K1 fighter. They treat him like a gorilla. Here, sure we make fun of his big stature, and such, but I bet the guy gets total respect at NOA.

That's how Japan is still. They're so homogenized, that they rarely have a chance to meet & see real people from different cultures & races.

Stele

Holds a little red book
No, I'm sure they can plenty of chances to 'see,' but giving a shit is a whole different matter.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
WTF, what a strange thread to start.

Your name needs to be taken.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
isamu said:
Do you feel Reggie, because he is black, will be accepted by the head honchos at Nintendo Japan including Iwata? Or do you feel racism will stop him from reaching the top level of promotion including possibly a CEO position? Being that he's black, I don't think he will last too long at Nintendo. Poor guy :(

isamu
warning: complete idiot

snapty00

Banned
I really had no idea that he was black.

Hmm...he may be black, but he's not...must think of the politically correct term for this...the most "token" black person I've ever seen.

Reggie probably just went over the NCL and began yelling and flipping over the conference tables and demanding that Iwata no longer look like a mushroom or else he would take his name and put it on a list to join the special olympics in Mississippi where Iwata would get pwn3d by the freakishly athletic kids who don't look like mushrooms.

In other words, I'm sure Reggie is handling himself just fine.

isamu

Ronin said:
This thread deserves a big LOL.

lol.gif

Duck of Death said:
Reggie probably just went over the NCL and began yelling and flipping over the conference tables and demanding that Iwata no longer look like a mushroom or else he would take his name and put it on a list to join the special olympics in Mississippi where Iwata would get pwn3d by the freakishly athletic kids who don't look like mushrooms.

:lol

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm sure he feels right at home there :)

By the way....can someone post a pic of that Reggie/Kill Bill poster? That shit was hilarious! :lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
MaddenNFL64 said:
I don't know. In Japan, he is probably joked about as a big dumb ape, or something. Like that big black guy, who is a K1 fighter. They treat him like a gorilla.

bob_title.jpg

Che

Banned
I didn't notice he's black and really it doesn't matter as long as he kicks asses and takes names.

isamu

Che said:
I didn't notice he's black and really it doesn't matter as long as he kicks asses and takes names.

Hmm, interesting....how could you not notice it?

Che

Banned
isamu said:
Hmm, interesting....how could you not notice it?

I'm telling the truth I didn't notice it. I just don't care I find it trivial and many times I can't notice it what colour a person is. And it's not I'm the only one who didn't notice...

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Actually I would guess Caribbean, personally.

Anyway, this thread is really stupid because Reggie wasn't even hired to potentially become an executive leader of Nintendo in the future. He's a PR guy and evangelist, first and foremost, not a decision maker.

isamu

Well looking at him I thought he was black...I mean, he could be mixed, but I don't think he is. Looks just like a brotha.

By the way, I'm white :)

isamu

Drinky Crow said:
I don't wanna be here when blackace reads this thread.

All y'all be FUCKED.

Where's Blackace anyway? I haven't seen him post lately. Black give the GAF a holla dawg!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Racism?!

I can't belive you said that. That's so typical of liberal-xbots.
Always playing the "race-card."

My vote goes to mulatto. Is that word still ok to use, or is it considered 'racist' these days?He certainly aint plain old black, at any rate.

bobbyconover said:
My vote goes to mulatto. Is that word still ok to use, or is it considered 'racist' these days?He certainly aint plain old black, at any rate.

Well, according to CYE, you aren't supposed to say it anymore.

And that's good enough for me.

Top Bottom