• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

FFObsessed said:
So Universal mentioned it before Paramount eh? Coolio!

I hope the studios amp up releases to no end.

Paramount's lawyers probably just taking a little longer to triple check all the contracts from last year's defection are null and void, then they'll say something.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I want to apologize to Chemo for baiting him and subsequently getting him banned for Wild Hogs. It's been fun and I'll see most of you guys in the hd movie thread.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I think most of my HD DVD movies are Universal movies. Good news for Blu fans, and I hope they release some of the ones they've held out on.

Kittonwy

Banned
Argyle said:

Wow @ Universal.
gladtomeetya.gif

VanMardigan said:
I think most of my HD DVD movies are Universal movies. Good news for Blu fans, and I hope they release some of the ones they've held out on.

The most frustrating thing about this war has been knowing that Universal was not going to sway the market (based on their box office returns) and yet having a huge amount of movies that I personally want (and many that are cricially acclaimed) tied up in exclusivity.

Deferred satisfaction... now hurry up and start announcing titles!

Costanza

Banned
VanMardigan said:
I think most of my HD DVD movies are Universal movies.
Same.

I know it's not going to happen, but I'd really like them to release Heroes season 1 on Blu at like a 59 dollar MSRP (this way the stores would discount it to around 39).. really don't want to spend 70 bucks on it.

FnordChan

I just spent a few happy moments looking through the AVS Forums master list of HD-DVD titles and mentally checking off Universal releases that I'll be looking forward to on Blu-Ray: The Big Lebowski, Children of Men, Eastern Promises, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hot Fuzz, Serenity, Shaun of the Dead, The Thing...it's wonderful living in this new age of peace and prosperity.

FnordChan

Xater

Children of Men, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead and The Thing pls. :D

BTW sounds to me like they will stop releasing on HDDVD altogether.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
MaX_PL said:
started what? HD DVD was out first dumbass.
It wouldn't be the thread it is without one last ban for idiocy. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

As usual, the ever eloquent calder expresses what's in my head in a far more pithy manner than I could, so I'll leave the last word with him:

calder said:
There were times, and by times I mean months and months, when I wanted this thread razed to the ground and every single person who viewed it much less posted in it permabanned and their ISP firebombed.

And yet... shit I'm going to miss it. :| You were the best of GAF, you were the worst of GAF Official HDDVD/BR Shitstorm thread. Well pretty clearly you were mostly the very worst and the only good you contained was incidental and basically just schadenfreude and dumbass animated gifs. But still, you had personality and personality goes a long way.

See you in the HDM thread, and hell, bitches!

Good night, folks! Drive safe!

30lnl9g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom