• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J.K. Rowling goes on the offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

tl;dr "Drag queen and jazz hands enthusiast" threatens to burn J.K. Rowling alive and calls her a Nazi on Twitter. Rowling uses the UK's libel laws to sue them and gets a public apology on Twitter.

Someone should show Rowling that forum thread about her on that other place.

Last edited:

GymWolf

MelodicOblongIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

Time for revenge.

VN1X

This whole saga is quite something. JK Rowling who, by all acounts, is already a "woke" person (or at the very least left-leaning) didn't keep in check with the party lines and now finds herself in the midst of the culture war. Perhaps this will give her some valuable insights lol.

Last edited:
This whole saga is quite something. JK Rowling who, by all acounts, is already a "woke" person (or at the very least left-leaning) didn't keep in check with the party lines and now finds herself in the midst of the culture war. Perhaps this will give her some valuable insights lol.
Their most hated enemies are "TERFs" And it's easy to forget the last letter in that means feminist.

itsallsotiresome.png

BlackTron

This is getting so good, I was never into Harry Potter, I read like half of the first book and saw the first movie in the theater waaaay back and that was it.

But because this mob just called attention to what an upstanding human being JK Rowling is, I now have it on my agenda to consume every piece of Harry Potter media possible. Not just to "get back at them", but because they highlighted her intellect and brilliance and now I am more curious about her work.

It's called irony, going out of your way to avoid a result, thereby manifesting it. Because you people hate Harry Potter, now a grown ass man who didn't care about it is going to watch, read and play Harry Potter. I have no doubt that their petty bullshit contributed only to her success and their own demise. Way to be, losers.

Toots

That's correct, but I think it's safe to infer by the wording of that apology it was ordered.
At least by young JJ's solicitor !

I imagine the discussion went like this :
"You little cunt. Are you ready to spend thousands upon thousands of pounds just to stand for some stupid crap you said on twitter ? Alright take note then. Just tweet this and bob's your uncle !"

That why slacktivism (left or right) is always bound to fail. They don't really stand behind what they promote, and as soon as it goes from "zero-sum game" to "you might loose something standing for your beliefs" they back up with their tail between their legs. While it is crazy to think that little cunt threatened to kill someone only because he thought he could get away with it, i's good to see he did not get away with it.

edit : he did not get away with it

Last edited:
Maybe that’s how we end this cancel culture. Sue the person until they stop talking. Which sucks because lawyers and court fees aren’t cheap. She has the wealth to sue a lot of people if she wanted to.
I don't know if suing the shit out of people is the answer but we need to start standing up to these people and ignoring them.

I know it's a video game but Hogwarts Legacy proved that the woke mob are a vocal minority. So much for their boycott because the game is selling like crazy. Individuals, rich or poor, and businesses need to give them all the middle finger. Get them all so far to fuck. I'm tired of this woke cancel culture shit. If you want to talk shit then fine but we need to stop giving them attention and shutting them down by either standing up or spending money to take them to court. You can't just go online doing shit like this and face no consequences. You have the right to say what you like but you need to be able to face the repercussions.

Good on her. If these cunts won't stop then she has every right to defend herself.

A new lesson learned for them: don't fuck with billionaires .

We don't have a prime minister lmao. First Minister

but yeah she's off. I'd have JK as FM any day ;)
The lower the price of admission, the scummier the people. And for social media, probably all of them are free. So you get the worst of the worst.

Compare people you see in a dollar store or Walmart vs. going to a Williams Sonoma. It's like stepping into a time portal even though all these stores might be in the same mall.

The lower the price of admission, the scummier the people. And for social media, probably all of them are free. So you get the worst of the worst.

Compare people you see in a dollar store or Walmart vs. going to a Williams Sonoma. It's like stepping into a time portal even though all these stores might be in the same mall.
As much as I hate myself for saying it I think social media needs tighter rules and regulations. I'm all for privacy on the internet but I wouldn't be totally against having to give ID to access social media. I mean, if you are posting evil shit online then the authorities can find you very easily but having to give your government documents to get on Facebook, Twitter, etc would clamp down on this shit so fucking hard. If not that then start charging a fee. Something needs to be done. Social media is ruining the world.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

There's some irony behind JK suing for what others identify her as.

This is what I was just dwelling on lol. So the people who wanted compelled speech got their speech compelled. Win? But lose? The people who didn't think laws on compelled speech were a good idea compelled the speech of others legally.

maxresdefault.jpg

I
This is what I was just dwelling on lol. So the people who wanted compelled speech got their speech compelled. Win? But lose? The people who didn't think laws on compelled speech were a good idea compelled the speech of others legally.

maxresdefault.jpg
I do agree with you, actually. I think short of physical threats anybody should be able to say anything.

It is funny watching the Uno flip though. And my point of view is not the prevailing one in the UK, nor will it ever likely be.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

The secret is to grab them from behind then shove them at people.
I tried moving one that was in the middle of the road once in Mississippi when I was tired and hung over. I didn't realize it was an alligator snapping turtle and it almost bit the webbing btw my thumb and index finger.

Fine get run over you prick. They are super fast at biting. Just like Lasha said pick up from behind

Winter John

You. Here you are. Welcome to the thread.
You know I remember the old times when there was a no politics rule. It was a good rule. It meant absolute melts like yourself were forced to keep your culture war bullshit on Twitter or whatever fuckin idiot water hole it is you morons frequent. Those were good times. Once there was even an actual politics sub forum and that was a good thing. It meant you dumb fucks were contained and kept away from the rest of us normal folk who don't want to see endless threads of fuckin nonsense about wizards or whatever you dumb fucks waste your lives screeching at each other about. Maybe Lore and the mods might look into bringing that sub back, and give the rest of us a break from this endless bullshit.

Lunarorbit

Also for all the US users here: in Europe you do not have a right to say whatever you want, you need to be ready to face consequences. UK is even more flexible in this regard, the burden of proof falls to the accuser to prove their words. See this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_v_Penguin_Books_Ltd
I was just going to post this. It's way different for us Americans. The libel laws in Britain are no joke.

Didn't realize it was all of Europe actually. Thought it was just uk

You know I remember the old times when there was a no politics rule. It was a good rule. It meant absolute melts like yourself were forced to keep your culture war bullshit on Twitter or whatever fuckin idiot water hole it is you morons frequent. Those were good times. Once there was even an actual politics sub forum and that was a good thing. It meant you dumb fucks were contained and kept away from the rest of us normal folk who don't want to see endless threads of fuckin nonsense about wizards or whatever you dumb fucks waste your lives screeching at each other about. Maybe Lore and the mods might look into bringing that sub back, and give the rest of us a break from this endless bullshit.
So what you're saying is you don't like me? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The only melt here is you. Don't come into a thread that doesn't interest you and if you do then don't post such stupid shit and expect it to fly. You were wanting attention and I, being the stupid cunt of a melt that I am, gave you it.

Fuck off lol. You're going on my ignore list weirdo.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

But foreal though.....how is this not bannable?

Last edited:

BlackTron

I mean, sounds like you really hate the woke mob, they kinda created this whole shitty environment you're complaining about. So, it's kinda cool/relevent news to hear that they are getting their asses kicked and backpedaling for being fucking morons 🤷‍♂️

Angry GIF

th4tguy

Also for all the US users here: in Europe you do not have a right to say whatever you want, you need to be ready to face consequences. UK is even more flexible in this regard, the burden of proof falls to the accuser to prove their words. See this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_v_Penguin_Books_Ltd
I had to see where this Twitter user was located. If they weren't located in the UK, she wouldn't have been able to sue him. So this is pretty limiting for her. She can only go after people who trash talk here if they are also in the UK.

AJUMP23

We don't have a prime minister lmao. First Minister

but yeah she's off. I'd have JK as FM any day ;)

You do have a PM, because you were conquered by England and the English PM is your PM. I have some Scottish friends who claim Scotland has never been conquered that is why I am giving you a hard time about it.

Dr.Morris79

y5xu7aF.jpg

Stop yer fretting good sir, this could be a win for some semblance of sanity back in mainstream

We can hope, anyway.

Last edited:

IDKFA

You do have a PM, because you were conquered by England and the English PM is your PM. I have some Scottish friends who claim Scotland has never been conquered that is why I am giving you a hard time about it.

There isn't an English PM just as there isn't any English parliament. There is a British PM and a British parliament.

Scotland has never been conquered. It is the UK with England, Wales and NI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom