• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 11th

Even more Wii U facts

kXgGcFQ.png

He should make a hashtag

fuck, top of page

Serenity

Stop it man. You're not making friends with this attitude.

I agree with your point of view of XB1 never overtaking PS4, but you don't need to be a jerk to get your point across.

Relax and enjoy the discussion.

Idk I see more people being a jerk to him because he doesn't believe in a miracle X1 comeback. People like to talk in generalities but when challenged jump back to this is a U.S. thread. Let's not pretend that there isn't talk of overall world wide sales in every sales thread no matter the territory. Does anyone tell Zgheux not to post his world wide sales graphs in NPD threads? It is a US sales thread after all amirite?

Ascenion

Yeah, I was talking about the limited one. I have no clue why they aren't offering a simple bundle.

When was the last time Sony offered a simple bundle with a game, without having the same game on a limited one?

TLOU bundle is the only one I can think of in the US.

Eggbok

MS isn't losing the holidays, no way. they will do whatever it takes to win Oct, Nov and Dec. They care way too much to even risk losing it, they'll win big again on all 3 months IMO.

Ms will win oct. Also win Nov with better BF deals. Dec toss up. Overall I can't see the trend staying with all the big time exclusives hitting Xbox. They have too much, Sony has too little imo.

Reasons why I think Sony could take the holidays:

October:
Uncharted Collection comes out on the 9th, and Halo 5 on the 27th.
So Sony could easily take October, especially if there's a bundle.

November:
Call of Duty switching to Playstation (Competitive, DLC first, etc.) is a really huge deal. Battlefront will also be pushed a ton and feed off of the Star Wars VII hype and will also move a huge amount of systems.

December:
Will be more of Call of Duty and Battlefront domination.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible for MS to take it because anything can happen, but there is a good chance Sony will take it.

Ms will win oct. Also win Nov with better BF deals. Dec toss up. Overall I can't see the trend staying with all the big time exclusives hitting Xbox. They have too much, Sony has too little imo.

Doesn't Sony have exclusive and advertising for Star Wars Battlefront ad CoD?

I wouldn't underestimate those.

stryke

October:

Halo is a much bigger franchise than Uncharted in US, like much much bigger.

November:
Call of Duty switching to Playstation (Competitive, DLC first, etc.) is a really huge deal. Battlefront will also be pushed a ton and feed off of the Star Wars VII hype and will also move a huge amount of systems.

December:

If there's no pricecut, consumers are very price conscious in this time period and I think the marketing with COD is not enough to overcome that, particularly after 2 years into the generation. Battlefront though is a toss up for me though.

Miles X

October:

November:

December:

Now I'm not saying it's impossible for MS to take it because anything can happen, but there is a good chance Sony will take it.

Link? I wasn't aware of this.

Ricky_R

While Halo is bigger, I don't think it is THAT much bigger in the US anymore. Agaisnt a remaster collection it might look that way, but against Uncharted 4 (hypothetically) it wouldn't be the same story imo.

Uncharted has become a big franchise.

Miles X

While Halo is bigger, I don't think it is THAT much bigger in the US anymore. Agaisnt a remaster collection it might look that way, but against Uncharted 4 (hypothetically) it wouldn't be the same story imo.

Uncharted has become a big franchise.

Trying to look for figures but I disagree, Uncharted and Halo are not even close in the US. Halo still outsells Uncharted WW and that's with the majority of Halos sales being in the US and at least half of Uncharteds being in Europe.

Uncharted 3 did 700k first month, Halo normally does around 3.3m.

Ricky_R

Trying to look for figures but I disagree, Uncharted and Halo are not even close in the US. Halo still outsells Uncharted WW and that's with the majority of Halos sales being in the US and at least half of Uncharteds being in Europe.

So what would you say would be the gap between Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 if they went head to head considering where both franchises are today?

Currently, I don't think Halo would sell more than 2-3 millions over Uncharted 4 in the US. Who knows what happens WW considering the install base.

October:

November:

December:

Sony's not doing a good job right now in mentioning this game, but The Tomorrow Children has the potential to be a huge game (especially with the Minecraft audience). It has been confirmed as releasing this fall (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/18/the-tomorrow-children-hits-ps4-in-autumn-2015/). For a refresher, this is the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThURXuIRAU. The video was from October 2014. If it looked that good then, I wonder how good it'll look at launch. The only thing I don't know is if it will be retail or digital download. Q-Games typically releases only digitally released games.

Miles X

So what would you say would be the gap between Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 if they went head to head considering where both franchises are today?

Currently, I don't think Halo would sell more than 2-3 millions over Uncharted 4 in the US. Who knows what happens WW considering the install base.

Without knowing final figures I have no idea. I'd say 3 mill over Uncharted 4 is pretty significant tho. Install base is relative, franchises managed to sell higher on PS3 than PS2 ect. Halo 3 did like 35% attach rate first month or something. All depends on how good a place the consoles are in when they launch.

Gran Turismo, PS2's highest exclusive franchise, reached 14m at its peak but mainly hit around 11m~? Halo 2 managed 8.5m on Xbox's lowly 24m install base.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I need to start doing my predictions with a few days left before it closes.

I was waaaaaay off on PS4 and XBO...lol.

Sony's not doing a good job right now in mentioning this game, but The Tomorrow Children has the potential to be a huge game (especially with the Minecraft audience). It has been confirmed as releasing this fall (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/18/the-tomorrow-children-hits-ps4-in-autumn-2015/). For a refresher, this is the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThURXuIRAU. The video was from October 2014. If it looked that good then, I wonder how good it'll look at launch. The only thing I don't know is if it will be retail or digital download. Q-Games typically releases only digitally released games.

It'll probably launch digital but if it gets enough sales it will get retail release like Helldivers or Journey Collection.

The chinese room has mentioned this possibility too with EGTTR.

Evidence

Bruno MB

Another very mediocre month for my predictions, I doubt I will make it into top 50 unless I had nailed 3DS, I can't catch a break.

I had too much faith in Wii U since I predicted 55,000 units and I underestimated Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by 15%.

Javin98

Banned
[PS4] 235K [+17K]
[XB1] 180K [-9K]
[WIU] 50K [+4K]
[3DS] 90K [10K?]

Anyone got solid numbers for 3DS? Either way, looks like I'm off by at least 40K. Not too bad, but I really need to do better.

Top Bottom