• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

georly

Oh, so now I can do two physical copies, so might scale back to 100, add the 60, and then do PC physical, Wii U physical. They said PC physical was both a disc playable offline AND a steam key, so it's basically triple-dipping.

When and where can be bump? After the kickstarter has concluded? I just change my pledge to 100, then manually add 60 bucks, to make it 160?

Anyone know if you back PC physical if the steam key will be in the box, or if they'll send you the steam key ahead of time? (I asked the kickstarter for the answer)

Initial pledge: $100
Wii u announced: $125
double-physical announced: $160

Also, am i confusing this with another kickstarter, or am i remembering correctly that this game will give beta access on PC? Do physical PC backers get beta access?

Ok, they clarified:

Koji Igarashi says:
The Steam key will be e-mailed to you so you don't have to wait for shipping. And all $60+ physical and digital PC games include beta access; you'll be e-mailed the key at that time.
To clarify some information:
-DRM-free physical and digital PC copies are now available as an option via GOG.
-The disc is not actually playable by itself--it's merely an installation disc that downloads the game onto your Steam/GOG account. The download key is still required.
Sorry for the confusion; I hope that makes sense! Please let me know if anything else needs clarification. Thank you!

Guess I'll switch back to the 125 tier, since physical pc is just a shell. Hoping they do a humble bundle as well, which is the best of both worlds (steam key + drm free, but i'll likely just do steam, *shrug*)

Also, god damn, they saved the best for last. I'll cry if they're not all met, they really need to be because they're all amazing.

I get the feeling this game will be the Vita's swansong as well. by 2017, it should be a dead console with few if any new releases. I doubt we'll see vita 2 ether.

I am fine with this. As long as it's a worthy send off. I have a big enough Vita backlog that new releases won't matter.

What I do hope for is physical.

Personally, I'd like a 256gb memory card to be the Vita's swansong. With a backlog of that size, the Vita will truly mean life everlasting.

It's not right to hide the 5m goal.

You have less than a week left. Let us see it so we have the most amount of time to drum up another million and a half.

Whatever it is, I don't know if it's plausible that it will happen.

Hellraizah

wMhrf6Z.png

So is there a limit to these stretch goals? Or will it keep going if it keeps new ones keep getting reached?

5 million feels like the final stretch goal, I agree they should just show it with one week left. I think when they said all they needed was $500,000 make the game since the rest was already being financed, it would like essentially double their initial budget for this kickstarter if reached, though not likely at the rate it's going now. With Wii U and now Vita joining the fray, everyone is getting on the Igavania loving and that feels good.

georly

So is there a limit to these stretch goals? Or will it keep going if it keeps new ones keep getting reached?

5 million feels like the final stretch goal, I agree they should just show it with one week left. I think when they said all they needed was $500,000 make the game since the rest was already being financed, it would like essentially double their initial budget for this kickstarter if reached, though not likely at the rate it's going now. With Wii U and now Vita joining the fray, everyone is getting on the Igavania loving and that feels good.

Yeah, 5 million needs to be the final one, no more. But 4.5 million is what i've been hoping for this whole time.

Also, the last social thing is 'unlocks a bonus stretch goal'... do they mean the final one? Like, it needs 5 million AND 50 achievements?

Istaerion

Yeah, 5 million needs to be the final one, no more. But 4.5 million is what i've been hoping for this whole time.

Also, the last social thing is 'unlocks a bonus stretch goal'... do they mean the final one? Like, it needs 5 million AND 50 achievements?

5 million and the 50 achievements otherwise it won't be "unlocked" unless they change their mind.

georly

I want a tier with both PS4 and Vita physical versions.

Back at the $60 tier, pledge $120, then you choose vita as an addon. Will this make the vita version the most expensive, non-collector's vita retail game, assuming vita is also 60 bucks physical?

Istaerion

I assume that means they'll reveal what it is at 50 achievements.

Yeah, the campaign will need to have gained 50 backer achievements before we'll see the final stretch goal.

As said several times here though, they really should have just revealed everything as the backer achievement system has more than served its purpose at this stage of the campaign.

so if i back 28 bucks I can get a PHysical vita copy? sold

Pretty sure you still need to pledge at least $60 for a physical copy even if it's just for the Vita.

I doubt we'll hit 5 million. I hope whatever it is ain't too good.

It's very unlikely unless the stretch goal itself is earth-shattering... and even that is in question considering they'd be "throwing away" precious time due to it being hidden thanks to the backer achievement system.

Crocodile

Reading the Kickstarter comments, it seems the Pyrite Coin goal is NOT the $5 million dollar goal. That suggest to me the Pyrite Coin goal is probably something cool but small, cheap to implement and inconsequential - a goal that can be stuck between or before one of the larger goals.

As for a random thought I had:

I remember thinking how though IGA wanted to use some new monsters derived from the Lesser Key of Solomon, he still had fondness for the classic monsters (mummies, werewiolves, etc.) Considering the castle will have a retro section/level, I think it would be sweet if that section, in addition to being 8/16/32 bit, also was in Black and White and filled with classic movie monsters. Give the thing a retro vibe not just with the graphics but also a callout to those really old school monsters. Retro^2

I'm too hype for this game. It's fucking with my productivity :(

Istaerion

Reading the Kickstarter comments, it seems the Pyrite Coin goal is NOT the $5 million dollar goal. That suggest to me the Pyrite Coin goal is probably something cool but small, cheap to implement and inconsequential - a goal that can be stuck between or before one of the larger goals.

Was this stated by Ben Judd or someone a part of the team? I do recall BJ stating the Pyrite Coin will unlock something massive and very exciting.

jett

D-Member
Those stretch goals seem odd to say the least. I wonder how much thought or planning went into them. A quality 2D game isn't a small thing, even if it's "mini", but it can't be all that mini if they're going to sell it separately.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
As of now, of the remaining stretch goals, I only really care about the orchestral tracks and am optimistic that will happen. However, if it were to turn out that 3DS could get a pixel-art version at 5 million...well, I would increase my pledge for that.
$28 to $60...so not exactly making a huge difference...
That 3DS prequel port is just so odd without it getting the main game.

If it turns out that the final goal IS a 3DS pixel-art port though...if we don't reach it, I want Nintendo to step in there and make it happen. The biggest problem is that 3DS will likely be decidedly dead with some kind of successor already on the market by the time this releases. In that case, I hope a port to the next system would happen.

Honestly, if Yooka-Laylee gets delayed and a home console-esque successor is on the market, I hope they do the same for the Wii U version.

Hardware generations make these longterm Kickstarter projects so complicated.

Those stretch goals seem odd to say the least. I wonder how much thought or planning went into them. A quality 2D game isn't a small thing, even if it's "mini", but it can't be all that mini if they're going to sell it separately.

I'm guessing it will be a tiny Mighty Gunvolt-type thing.

Istaerion

Those stretch goals seem odd to say the least. I wonder how much thought or planning went into them.

A few of them could have been merged into one giant mode instead of having four separate stretch goals.

Personally, I would have preferred if the Speed Run, Boss Rush, and Co-Op Modes weren't separate and instead encompassed all into one mode similar to the new Online Challenge Mode we're seeing.

Granted, the issue with that would be the team having to create four other unique stretch goals instead of having it padded with a bunch of different modes similar in design/scope.

As of now, of the remaining stretch goals, I only really care about that orchestral soundtrack and am optimistic that will happen.

An orchestrated soundtrack would be amazing, however, we'll just be getting a few tracks judging by the language of the update it was introduced in plus the name of the goal itself.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
An orchestrated soundtrack would be amazing, however, we'll just be getting a few tracks judging by the language of the update it was introduced in plus the name of the goal itself.

Ah, you're right. I'll edit my post so I don't mislead anyone skimming. Thanks for catching that. I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to my backer emails.

Carnby

A retail release is planned for physical copies. Kickstarter exclusive bonuses mentioned in the $60 tier, however, will not be included.

Thanks.

I'd love to back it, but I don't have the money. As long as I can get a physical copy when it's released, I'll be happy.

Top Bottom