• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

Quick question about upping my pledge here, sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

If I back at $125, for the Alchemist's Treasure + Digital Game and get the physical game on one platform and digital on another, will I get the backer-exclusive stuff on just one platform or both?

Thoraxes

This question has probably been beaten to death, but since the OP has never been updated...

Did they say if the only way to get a physical version would be through Kickstarter? Or could I just go to a store and pre-order/buy it like normal when it comes out?

Theonik

This question has probably been beaten to death, but since the OP has never been updated...

Did they say if the only way to get a physical version would be through Kickstarter? Or could I just go to a store and pre-order/buy it like normal when it comes out?
There will probably be a normal retail version but it will be missing things from the KS edition.

Deep Silver is the pub, so there will be a wide physical release like Mighty No. 9. KS backers get the exclusive goodies though.

Personally, I'm waiting for the wide retail release.

Istaerion

Quick question about upping my pledge here, sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

If I back at $125, for the Alchemist's Treasure + Digital Game and get the physical game on one platform and digital on another, will I get the backer-exclusive stuff on just one platform or both?

You should receive the backer exclusive items for both items.

L.O.R.D

the , the new goals is a prequel mini games ? just like mighty gonvolt ?
and why it need soo much

speaking about mighty gunvolt

when did they put it on kickstarters ?
or its just nintendo who paid for the game ?

xRfedn0l4Pp4-cqFRNJu59anEX4UI1BZ.jpg

this game was soo good

they also made a prequel mini game

2674880-mighty-gunvolt-feature.jpg

so , how much did Nintendo paid to support this game with the mini game ?

Fisico

What about Inti Creates just self funding and publishing the game?
Not every game released on 3DS needs to be funded by Nintendo lol

Every video game Kickstarter that's ever gotten over $1m has seen an increase in funding over the last three days, either a big spike like we saw on MN9 or just a significant boost in daily rate over the last 3-5 days. It's not actually a question of whether it'll get a boost (it will), just the magnitude.
Thats almost exactly what I meant to say in my post. The part you left out when quoting me really emphasizes that.

L.O.R.D

What about Inti Creates just self funding and publishing the game?
Not every game released on 3DS needs to be funded by Nintendo lol

so , if they funded their own game ( gunvolt ) , why they need a kickstarters to fund mighty no.9 ?
they don't have money ? BS

so , if they funded their own game ( gunvolt ) , why they need a kickstarters to fund mighty no.9 ?

Kickstarter is not necessarily The Budget's Last Resort. You have a problem with that? Well, too bad. I'm pretty sure most of the game kickstarters could be funded in a more traditional way. KS is potentially safer and wiser way than, say, getting a loan though, because if it fails, it fails early.

I understand if that itches you the wrong way, but I honestly can't see anything fundamentally wrong with that. It's like that clause in a tour agency that they can cancel your holiday if nobody else reserves anything using the same plane.

Astral Dog

the , the new goals is a prequel mini games ? just like mighty gonvolt ?
and why it need soo much

xRfedn0l4Pp4-cqFRNJu59anEX4UI1BZ.jpg

this game was soo good

they also made a prequel mini game

2674880-mighty-gunvolt-feature.jpg

so , how much did Nintendo paid to support this game with the mini game ?
Inti funded it themselves, apparently the game did well enough so a sequel is underway.
I guess Bloodstained could be for a similar reason, they liked the separate game so they made it as a stretch goal. Kickstarter is not the primary source of fonds for their games, as already mentioned.

Fisico

Comcept and Inti Creates are two different entities ?

Mighty No9 is a Comcept IP, Azure Striker Gunvolt is an Inti Creates IP.

Mighty No9 was developed by Inti under the supervision of Comcept, Comcept had almost nothing to do with Azure Striker Gunvolt

The two are working together and are close partners, that's all there is to it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn that hidden 5 mil stretch! Also the 16-bit mini game as a separate product thats free at the 28$ level is really nice. This thing about to kick into supercharge.

Skyzard

Banned
That image does seem like they are at the least considering a 3DS port - considering that it was added later (right?) so it's less likely it's an accident.

Though if they were going for it, and with the way they've been doing it, if it was solid they'd have said so to get even more funding. Maybe that's the $5 mill goal?

Spread the word though, could do with the mini-game on vita.

Yesterday's total ($96,517) was the highest of the past 20 days. Seems like the final days push is slowly starting.
And we're still around $1,400,000 short that we have to raise in 5 days to get to $5,000,000.

If Bloodstained actually pulls this off it'll be nothing short of amazing.

FirLocke

So happy this is coming to Vita. The PS4 version will probably be easier to buy normally if I wanted the console version, so I'll stick with Vita for Kickstarter. :)

Bluth54

And we're still around $1,400,000 short that we have to raise in 5 days to get to $5,000,000.

If Bloodstained actually pulls this off it'll be nothing short of amazing.

I imagine $4 million is doable but unless the goal for $5 million is really amazing I doubt it will go that high.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I wonder if the 2D game, assuming the goal is met, will be delivered on disc for those pledging for the physical tiers.

Project Update #18: said:
every $28+ backer copy of Bloodstained will come with a FREE download of this game on PS4, XB1, Wii U, or PC! (Backers at Physical+Digital tiers will be eligible for 2 copies of the mini-game.)

So no.

I would really like to donate for the 60€ tier, but goddamnit I just can't give money for a game with ZERO ingame visual yet.

And with so many stretch goals to cover i'm waiting to see stuff before I give any payments too, sounds like a rather huge project for them.

If you want two physical copies just add $60 to whatever tier you're at then in the survey mention what system you want that second $60 physical to be for. I'm honestly thinking of going super ham and throwing down $120 on top of my $150 to get physical for PS4, WiiU, and Vita

:X

To be fair, they keep adding stretch goals for Bloodstained while Playtonic seems to be content with what they got and don't really ask for more.

They can't add more stretch goals because they haven't cleared the old one yet. Yooka Laylee next stretch goal was 500k pounds which comes down to 760k dollars, or 3 stretch goals of Bloodstained. According to kicktraq Yooka Laylee barely averages ~10k a day since the initial days, Bloodstained has been 5-6 times that.

They can't add more stretch goals because they haven't cleared the old one yet. Yooka Laylee next stretch goal was 500k pounds which comes down to 760k dollars, or 3 stretch goals of Bloodstained. According to kicktraq Yooka Laylee barely averages ~10k a day since the initial days, Bloodstained has been 5-6 times that.

The thing is YL could have done more things like "extra boss" or "extra world" or "additional mini game" every 100k or so to keep momentum going, instead they were content to basically stop all stretch goals after the initial batch were met and give us a vague 'dlc down the road' goal which isn't exciting to anyone involved hence the funding slowing down massively.

Top Bottom