• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

ACESmkII

Early footage looked great, just needs to be changed to a jogging animation and it looks like IGA is already on it. I Just raised my pledge from $100.00 to $300.00. I really hope it reaches the 4.75 million. I really want a prequel game for 3ds and Vita.

I wonder if we are going to hear anything about the Japanese voice actors? This game needs Norio Wakamoto.

georly

My lust for art books could not be satiated, in for $150 now. Happy to see IGA taking such care with every detail already.

Man those signed Amano prints flew. I would love that poster but alas, I have other things that require my wallets attention.

Ugh, I'm going to regret not getting the art book, aren't I? I'll sleep on it, but I have a feeling i'll back at the 175 tier tomorrow. It's hardcover now, right? Not softcover? Any word on how many pages? Hopefully not like... 20?

holy cow that video did wonders. The numbers are going up so fast!

How many new backers and how many people just upping their pledges? lol

I think most people on here have pledged enough for 5 people each.

Crocodile

Ugh, I'm going to regret not getting the art book, aren't I? I'll sleep on it, but I have a feeling i'll back at the 175 tier tomorrow. It's hardcover now, right? Not softcover? Any word on how many pages? Hopefully not like... 20?

How many new backers and how many people just upping their pledges? lol

I think most people on here have pledged enough for 5 people each.

Here's the info you seek

Yup yup exactly this. Everything that comes out of that man's mouth makes me say "yeah, you 100% get why we liked these games" so I'm 100% confident he'll deliver.

I'm really surprised by this because I never expected any actual, specific feedback to find its way to him at the time.

Dice

"Sounds like the programmers added a lot to the art"
"Yeah, they have a lot of good ideas"

Iga teaching him how to be a better leader who encourages team orchestration of the best possible product.

Parsnip

Very smart of them to plop out that small gameplay demo, now we are no longer backing on faith alone. It's something concrete.

Personally couldn't care less about Amano, never liked his art at all. But good on the people who already grabbed the tier, those went fast.

oh wow so it might actually look like the concept art shot they got. I was going to finally back my first game ever on kickstarter but then i saw $28 just to get it digitally. nah, I'm good. I can wait

I wonder if egoraptor snagged the signed amano art. I know he's a huge fan of amano and missed a chance at a signed copy of something once (in line right after the cutoff point, iirc).

Thank you. I'm so excited for this and it looks like we just got $100,000 in just an hour. Insane!

MrDaravon

I doubt it, but it'd be nice if they made the Amano posters buyable separately later. I can't afford or justify $250 to get one, but I'd be willing to buy one on it's own for like $40-50 later or something :/

Yokai

I'm actually pretty confident in this. I'll still probably wait until the game is actually out though, since I haven't actually played SotN or any games prior.

Will definitely keep my eye on it though.

It's so crazy how close to the concept images this gif is, UE4 must do wonders with dev time:

bloodstained-concept-art.png

Mqp8yqT.gif

Eusis

Actually, now that I think about it even if it does look more like, say, Strider in regards to how the visuals are handled, it may still validate my thoughts that the art style lends itself MUCH better to going 3D than MN09's did. It even seems kind of like how I thought Rondo of Blood went to 3D more naturally than MM:pU.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That prototype is looking good! The colors blend in way better than the concept art especially with the light coming out of the windows.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Because it is the concept art used as the textures?

Well I have eyes so I see the windows are taller and the color elements are different along with the illumination from the sunset outside.
It may not be fully 3D but it's clearly not the same concept art at least.

Sevyne

Damn, that video. Off to a good start from the looks of it. The things Iga had to say in it really shows how much he totally gets it. He knows exactly what makes these games great.

Honestly, working with Iga could be a great learning experience for Inti. I think they'll be much better for it.

Well I have eyes so I see the windows are taller and the color elements are different along with the illumination from the sunset outside.

Yeah it's definitely not the same. Plus the game was supposed to be 2.5D right? So if we are to go by what's been said, this could very well be a simplified version of what the game will look like. Obviously better lighting, animations, etc, but the fact that they were able to whip this up so quickly with UE4 is great news.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants

It's clearly the same concept art modified for in game usage as the camera appears to be significantly further than the concept art had it. The illumination is more than likely just bloom.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's clearly the same concept art modified for in game usage as the camera appears to be significantly further than the concept art had it. The illumination is more than likely just bloom.

I'm pretty sure it's not the same since even the gold lined symbols on the sides of the wall banner are different. I could give you windows being resized but there are quite a few changed details including a more polished coloring style.

You think this game holds a value of only $20? Sure, they might sell it to u for that amount, but really u think that it's only legit worth that??? Damn man, where's your 2D spirit

yep. its cool though, I'll just buy it when it does officially come out and it hits a price i think its worth. its no like it needs my backing anyway

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
I'm pretty sure it's not the same since even the gold lined symbols on the sides of the wall banner are different. I could give you windows being resized but there are quite a few changed details including a more polished coloring style.

I won't argue. My main point is if they have no geometry in the backgrounds (which is what they seem to have now), they will be able to produce a look very close to the concepts. However, that approach can be limiting in what you can do with interaction/rendering with the background elements.

That approach would allow them to get up a quick proof of concept with near final art for a small section of the game regardless of the engine they are using.

Counting the "squares" on the windows shows that they are both different, or modified to be longer. Also the banners are indeed different, along with the background that is scrolling in the back, and the lighting.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Damn, that video. Off to a good start from the looks of it. The things Iga had to say in it really shows how much he totally gets it. He knows exactly what makes these games great.

Honestly, working with Iga could be a great learning experience for Inti. I think they'll be much better for it.

did you forget that inti already made the absolutely incredible rockman zero series? give them some credit

OmegaDL50

YES!

Ecfxjww.png

did you forget that inti already made the absolutely incredible rockman zero series? give them some credit

Let's not forget Megaman 9 and 10 and Megaman ZX as well.

I believe few of Inti Creates Staff were also directly involved in the Megaman X series.

So they DO have some credibility for making platformers.

Top Bottom