• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

:p is is what it is

boohoo cry me a river.

I don't understand what you are doing in this thread if your opinions of this game are so low though. Maybe to make other members mad? I don't know lol. Either way I understand that everyone has different opinions on gaming, I just don't get why you'd come here to tell us that.

Your words are as empty as your soul.
i was born a husk
Oh, I'll cry you a river all right. A river that flows straight to prison for your crimes against humanity. Let's see how cheap games are in jail!
wouldn't even be able to get a nes since it might have drugs in it :(
I don't understand what you are doing in this thread if your opinions of this game are so low though. Maybe to make other members mad? I don't know lol. Either way I understand that everyone has different opinions on gaming, I just don't get why you'd come here to tell us that.
LOL my opinons are low because i personally don't view its worth asking price? wow guy, ok. I think the game looks fine, I enjoy the ps1 castlevania games but I spent 6 bucks on them and beat them relatively quickly. This game is new so obviously its going to cost more than $6 but for the enjoyment that I got out of the psx castlevania games I don't think a new game in the series(but under a different name) is worth practically $30. I found them fun but not than fun. Just because I'm not all OOOH YEA CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME, HERES $200!!!! doesn't mean I'm down on it. Also if my opinion really upsets you... or anyone else... Well I don't know what to tell you except no everyone is going to have the same opinon as you and they have every right to share said opinion. this a discussion forum afterall.

Dremark

Banned
I don't.

But I am very critical of gamers who have devalued their own hobby so far as to make the industry unsustainable. It is unhealthy for the industry when players think they know more about the value of a game than the people designing and budgeting it.

I do not understand people who do not support their own passion. If you love games, or even like games, fucking pay for them so games can actually continue to get made. This mentality has created an artificial ceiling for indie games, which can virtually never be priced more than $14.99, and even THEN people complain.

But I guess I shouldn't be too upset, since the average pledge for this game is $82. The people funding the game certainly haven't devalued the product.

I guess I'll go angrily eat a piece of cake or something.

I don't understand the mentality either, but it doesn't make thier actions wrong. The guy will pay for the game what he feels it's worth and I can respect that, it's not like he's pirating it.

I do think the price thing is a problem for the industry, but on the other side of that I also feel it's the industry's problem, to a large extent they created it and they need to fix it and make it work.

I do my part with my money and leave it at that. If they can't convince others that's how a market works unfortunately. In this case everything had gone well and I don't mind that others will pay less than me later.

Sevyne

LOL my opinons are low because i personally don't view its worth asking price? wow guy, ok. I think the game looks fine, I enjoy the ps1 castlevania games but I spent 6 bucks on them and beat them relatively quickly. This game is new so obviously its going to cost more than $6 but for the enjoyment that I got out of the psx castlevania games I don't think a new game in the series(but under a different name) is worth practically $30. I found them fun but not than fun. Just because I'm not all OOOH YEA CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME, HERES $200!!!! doesn't mean I'm down on it. Also if my opinion really upsets you... or anyone else... Well I don't know what to tell you except no everyone is going to have the same opinon as you and they have every right to share said opinion. this a discussion forum afterall.

So spending $6 on games that are over a decade old means new games aren't worth their asking price? SotN was probably around $60 when it first released, and I'm pretty sure the GBA and DS games launched at $40. Bloodstained is supposed to be bigger than all of those and it's not worth $28? If you don't want to pay that, then that's fair enough, but not worth the asking price? Folks like yourself really give me a true understanding why it's tough being a dev these days.

georly

Would he even be backing this game to begin with? I'm not super familiar with the guy but I've check some of his stuff out and it seems like all he's ever done when talking about IGA's games is trash them. I don't get why he was part of the reveal stream.

They're not his favorite castlevania, but I still think he's a fan. He wouldn't have been on the reveal stream and they wouldn't have played SotN on gamegrumps if he didn't at least SORTA like the games.

No prob guys, I'll order two extra copies in their stead.
Funnily enough, the figurative "average backer" is buying two copies of the game.

Thanks, Vita.

Average backer pledge is 82 bucks right now ($3,790,266 / 45,909), so yeah, your average backer is basically buying 2 games, :p

I'm getting physical on Wii U (to collect, and maybe replay), and digital on PC (for beta access and 'definitive' version).

Stop talking about the game being worth 28, because it's clearly worth about ~80 bucks to most people.

Teppic

I hope it makes most of the stretch goals. 4 million seems like a lock. Hope it makes it to 4.5. 5 might be hard to reach, but you should never say never. Depends on what the goal is.

Dremark

Banned
I hope it makes most of the stretch goals. 4 million seems like a lock. Hope it makes it to 4.5. 5 might be hard to reach, but you should never say never. Depends on what the goal is.

I think at this point 4M is a lock, 4.5 is likely, 5M is possible. I hope it hits 5M.

georly

I think at this point 4M is a lock, 4.5 is likely, 5M is possible. I hope it hits 5M.

I need this game to be 'complete' and hit all the stretch goals. Especially if 5 million is as crazy as they say.

Anyone have any theories? Second story? Pixel Art remake? Konami partnership, allowing them to use castlevania characters and assets!? What are your pipe dreams?

I need this game to be 'complete' and hit all the stretch goals. Especially if 5 million is as crazy as they say.

Anyone have any theories? Second story? Pixel Art remake? Konami partnership, allowing them to use castlevania characters and assets!? What are your pipe dreams?
If this happened I would pull my pledge. I don't want Konami to have anything to do with this.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Didn't Iga say that the $5m is something really eccentric that he's wanted to do for a long time? I'd at least like to see what it is.

Toki767

Didn't Iga say that the $5m is something really eccentric that he's wanted to do for a long time? I'd at least like to see what it is.

Honestly they should have revealed what it was when there was a week left. Probably would've increased their chances of getting there.

georly

If this happened I would pull my pledge. I don't want Konami to have anything to do with this.

Yeah, fuck Konami. They're the reason Iga needed to do this in the first place. Keep them far away from his brand new IP.

I'd be cool with him buying the CV rights from them permanently, but I don't want them touching this or anything else. Konami can rot.

I meant it more in the terms of konami says 'yeah, it's cool, you can use alucard in this game, free of charge!' and not 'hey, we're now co publisher, and you can use your castlevania stuff again'

Aka, never going to happen ever

Honestly they should have revealed what it was when there was a week left. Probably would've increased their chances of getting there.

Really hoping they reveal it today. No way it'll hit it, otherwise.

Dremark

Banned

Like I said earlier, I see little value in revealing it when we're this far away. If we don't hit it all it's going to do is dissapoint people.

Theonik

Like I said earlier, I see little value in revealing it when we're this far away. If we don't hit it all it's going to do is dissapoint people.
By the end we will get to $4.5m with paypal. We are not that far at all. Also we have 1 more achievement till we unlock it so we'll find out what it is today.

Dremark

Banned
By the end we will get to $4.5m with paypal. We are not that far at all. Also we have 1 more achievement till we unlock it so we'll find out what it is today.

I could see it making 5M. I just question the logic of revealing such a high level stretch goal when we were like 1.5 million dollars away.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Bloodstained Judgment for Wii U.
latest

Theonik

I could see it making 5M. I just question the logic of revealing such a high level stretch goal when we were like 1.5 million dollars away.
Build hype, depends on how efficiently the news propagates. At the very least they need to do the reveal today since after today Kickstarter will begin mass-emailing people who set reminders for the project's end.

I partially agree that showing them too early is also a bad idea as people question whether they can be hit so are less excited about them than if they know they can hit them. Timing is still a bit sloppy.

Haruka

and not 'hey, we're now co publisher, and you can use your castlevania stuff again'
I actually want this to happen. Not because some sort of attachment to Konami, but more as a desperate act to save the franchise because Konami themselves surely aren't going to bother anymore. Not that I would want them to change any ideas they have right now or that they shoehorn Castlevania elements into the game, but maybe try to play with the player's expectation of what a CV game is like without actually deviating from the core aesthetics unlike a certain reboot. More innovation, less pandering, but still "getting" the series. They could make it like a gaiden or whatever. Also, they could just keep the title Bloodstained, since they tried selling CV games under different brands before (Bloodlines is called Vampire Killer in Japan).

/fanfic

Early gameplay looks good. Their talk about the game all sounded good too. He's open to ideas from the people he works with, and that is always a good sign. I have no doubt it will be a quality game. How good is yet to be seen.

It does seem like he knows how to funnel the development in the right direction

The suggestions he had were taking the words out of my mouth when I was watching

Crocodile

Please leave Konami out of this - I don't need them tainting this new burgeoning franchise in any shape or form

Anybody know how close we are to the final backer achievement? They said we were really close last night.

If the comment section of the Kickstarter is to believed, we've already hit 50 achievements but we won't know more until they update later today (Ben confirmed there will be more an update today). Ben Judd was also mentioning something about having a meeting to figure out a reward for 55 backer achievements but I'm not sure if he was trolling or not.

OmegaDL50

Yoooo orchestrated music get.

We've already had the Orchestrated music for quite some time. You also need to factor the $120k from Paypal backers.

So we are actually only 80k short of reaching the 4 Million goal

Since right now it's 3802k + 120k = 3922k

Still getting an additional 1 million in 2 days to hit that 5 million goal sounds kind of rough.

It would need to basically raise in additional 500k per day, Or 330k today, tomorrow, and Thursday. I hope it happens.

We've already had the Orchestrated music for quite some time. You also need to factor the $120k from Paypal backers.

Since right now it's 3802k + 120k = 4922k

Still getting an additional 1 million in 2 days to hit that 5 million goal sounds kind of rough.

It would need to basically raise in additional 500k per day, Or 330k today, tomorrow, and Thursday. I hope it happens.

Might wanna look at your math, there.

Since right now it's 3802k + 120k = 4922k

As successful as this has been I think $5M is an unachievable goal. We will reach $4.5M though that I can guarantee.

OmegaDL50

Might wanna look at your math, there.

Yeah I fixed it, I added a 4 instead of a 3.

I had 4 million on my mind when typing it.

As successful as this has been I think $5M is an unachievable goal. We will reach $4.5M though that I can guarantee.

Generally the last two days or very last day has a very big push of pledges from lots of people sitting on the fence until the last minute rushing in.

Look at daily data for several gaming projects compared to this one.

Mighty No. 9
dailypledges.png

Broken Age
dailypledges.png

Pillars of Eternity
dailypledges.png

And here is Bloodstained

dailypledges.png

As you can see from the previous trend based on the daily pledge data there is almost always a massive surge of pledges on the last day that adds a significant amount to the funding. I wouldn't say 5 million is impossible, very difficult however.

georly

As you can see from the previous trend based on the daily pledge data there is almost always a massive surge of pledges on the last day that adds a significant amount to the funding. I wouldn't say 5 million is impossible, very difficult however.

The last 2 days for most of those seem to be roughly(?) 40-60% of the first three days, on average.

Pillars:
Days 1-3 - 1,383,000
Last 2 - 862,000
Last 2 is 62% of first 3

Broken Age:
Days 1-3 - 1,504,000
Last 2 - 506,000
Last 2 is 37%

MN9:
Days 1-4 (weird first day?): 1,468,000
Last 2: 870,000
Last 2 is 59%

So for bloodstained
Days 1-3 - 1,863,000
~60% of days 1-3 - 1,117,000

I'd say there's a fair chance it could reach 5 million.

The only downside to bloodstained is number of backers. It seems, quantity-wise, to be lower than other KS games, people are just backing at ridiculously high tiers.

MN9 did even better on its last day, but I think it's because it was so close to console specific stretch goals, iirc.

OmegaDL50

The last 2 days for most of those seem to be about 70-80% of the first three days, on average.

So for bloodstained, We could, potentially, get 1.1 million within the last 2 days, if the trend continues. That would ensure we get the 5 million mark.

MN9 did even better on its last day, but I think it's because it was so close to console specific stretch goals, iirc.

Also the daily data graphs only show information from pledges via Kickstarter, The Paypal pledges do not show.

So the Paypal pledges add an additional factor not accounted for additional funding.

georly

Also the daily data graphs only show information from pledges via Kickstarter, The Paypal pledges do not show.

So the Paypal pledges add an additional factor not accounted for additional funding.

I updated my numbers to be more accurate than what I initially posted.

Yeah I fixed it, I added a 4 instead of a 3.

I had 4 million on my mind when typing it.

Generally the last two days or very last day has a very big push of pledges from lots of people sitting on the fence until the last minute rushing in.

Look at daily data for several gaming projects compared to this one.

Mighty No. 9
dailypledges.png

Broken Age
dailypledges.png

Pillars of Eternity
dailypledges.png

And here is Bloodstained

dailypledges.png

Good point, you are right there is a trend there. Hmm, it sure would be awesome if it got to $5M

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm not even on the fence, but I haven't backed yet.

I can't help it. I'm a student; procrastination is in my blood.

Top Bottom