• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest seamless TikTok beauty filter…

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Don't want to sound like a simp, but this woman looks a million times better without the filter:

0j6kA2N.png

For any of you who dont do online dating apps like Tinder and all, filters are used for probably like 40% of women. I swipe left. It's pretty easy to spot the filter. Especially Asian women where it's like 80% of them all having the same kind of look (pasty white with pointy chin). Oddly, I wonder if there's studly dude filters too and if guys use them on dating apps too.

South Park Photoshop episode follow-up incoming?

this time they could make Kanye call Kim a Hobbit himself due to the breakup, and make everyone see that she uses beauty filters or something along those lines, using his gay fish powers

Last edited:
That is fucking scary, how are young women meant to navigate through life with that sort of shit bombarding them left right and center

Alx

Soon enough we'll have AR glasses with integrated "filters" that will change the faces of people we interact with in real time. Scary.
Might spice up some evenings with the wife though, if we can deepfake ourselves into other people.
(not too fond of the stereotypical "hollywood plastic surgery" aesthetics this filter is going for, btw)

Last edited:
Soon enough we'll have AR glasses with integrated "filters" that will change the faces of people we interact with in real time. Scary.
Might spice up some evenings with the wife though, if we can deepfake ourselves into other people.
What's she gonna say when you wanna deepfake her into your neighbour bob?

That is fucking scary, how are young women meant to navigate through life with that sort of shit bombarding them left right and center
Exactly.

That's why so many people are depressed. It starts with envy at other people's lives where they show awesome pics of themselves, their fam and their newly renovated house.

Now with all the advanced filters on apps it makes it even worse. I dont know anything about filters except it makes people look better than they look, but maybe the big hoopla about these Tik Tok filters is that (I think) it's better as it's real time and higher quality. While the filters I'm thinking about might just be static picture updates people upload a photo.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I'm confused. The problem is women use these filters so much that they become disillusioned when they see what they really look like?

We need to move past social media and self exhibitionism. Maybe things like this will help people realize that these platforms are filled to the brim with shit nobody actually cares about

Last edited:
The one thing about filters is how many people using them become a mental case from them, and how many know exactly what they are and just having fun with it. Nobody knows.

Is it 1% go nuts? 5%? 10%? Maybe only 0.1% of filter users go crazy and depressed.

It's like the person everyone knows on FB. Their profile shows awesome family pics and happy vacations. In real life, the guy is getting divorced and losing his house. Only some people know that. But the guy isnt disillusioned his life really is happy. He knows the real deal about his life, but just uploads the good pics.

Fbh

The tech itself is really impressive. Specially how it doesn't glitch out when touching your face

(not too fond of the stereotypical "hollywood plastic surgery" aesthetics this filter is going for, btw)

"Honey whose face are you giving me"
"Oh hahah just some celebrity, you know to spice things up"
"You sure it's nothing weird?"
"What? No look it's just some dumb celebrity crush"
"Ok"
e414554970ca4ebb2315009661d7a605.jpg

Last edited:
I'm confused. The problem is women use these filters so much that they become disillusioned when they see what they really look like?

We need to move past social media and self exhibitionism
They surely can't be that fucking stupid, probably more it shows them what they could look like in an ideal world and that fucks with their heads, I've seen the Instagram's of some of the younger girls in our office and they post up pictures with the classic camera in fucking space looking down look, filtered to shit and then all their wee mates are commenting "gorgeous" "hawt hawt hawt chick" zzzzz... And I'm like gurl you're 4ft fuck all wide as a barn door with a face thats seen more action than the surface of the moon and here you are posting shit that looks nothing like you

Pejo

my gf was showing me this filter on the couch the other day. Mixed feelings because I do find her attractive already, but wow, she was straight up prime Megan Fox with the filter.

daveonezero

I think the social media apps have been doing subtle changes in discrete fashion for a long time.

Than it domes to this.

That required a lot of data and images to start creating those faces.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
All this will do is inflate women's Legos even more or put some degree of pressure or create something that really shouldn't be there when it comes to these stupid filters. I guess I'm just getting too old for this crap. And to be frank, the women these days are not anywhere near what they used to be other than for looks.

What is new? Birds with great make up skills have similar transformations on a night out. They aren't going to wear google glasses to give me a six pack, I aint wearing them to give them good skin. They are still going to need to make an effort in real life, perhaps more people will be motivated to put a face on.

Maybe time to buy stock in makeup?

Last edited:
I honestly couldn’t even date anymore I think. I’m old enough that this shit makes me totally glad I don’t have to deal with it. I still think people should just learn to speak to each other in person again… it worked for millions of years so it can’t be that hard for people do now.

NickFire

Giving all them 5's and 6's in the bars a whole new level of beer goggles.
Basically (100% yes). With 1 Million Bonus Points for a Superbowl ad showing off the benefits of the anti-paper bagger goggles.

Don't lie fellas. Every single one of us would roll on the floor laughing if they advertised anti-paper bagger goggles during the Superbowl.

Bragr

Do girls really get so confused over filters that they lose touch with reality or is that just a social justice warrior "I wanna be helping young girls" sort of thing?

Aesius

We need to move past social media and self exhibitionism. Maybe things like this will help people realize that these platforms are filled to the brim with shit nobody actually cares about
At this point I'm cheering on social media becoming so absurdly toxic that even normal people start to realize how harmful it is and society as a whole decides to stop using it.

Social media right now is straight up the cigarettes of the 1950s. People know it's harmful but everyone uses it anyway.

Top Bottom