• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest seamless TikTok beauty filter…

SteadyEvo

It's not like guys would not also get cat fished by these filters.

This is gonna destroy a lot of men in the process too.

We already have simps. Now imagine what this filter does to other men.
I’m not picky. If she earns more than me and cares for me I’m good to go. I’ve learned my lesson about being shallow.

feynoob

I’m not picky. If she earns more than me and cares for me
Emotion Reaction GIF

Why does it feel like you want a sugar mommy?

PSlayer

This type of shit has to cause some kind of body disphoria right? It may explain why so many average looking girls are so full of themselves this days. They think they're giga-staceys.

If i was a guy matching with a girl like this i would feel catfished.

Eddie-Griffin

Cancer the womens baby so we can pregnant the panda, we are looking for igloos tonight Are you sexy?
What's more is since women are pushed to use modern makeup, those filters look to imitate that near perfectly.

We are one step closer to being able to edit someone into a video. That's going to be a nightmare.

daffyduck

If Meta and MS snapped their fingers getting their wishes granted, everyone would have VR goggles and living home and work life through virtual worlds and offices while lying down on their living room sofa.

Instead of just meeting and talking to people face to face like humans are meant to do using their speech, eyes, and ears, you instead scrap all that and talk to people through Nintendo Mii caricatures with as little human element as possible. Instead of chatting with Susan looking at her brown eyes, you're now talking to Susan who made her video game avatar have blue eyes. Your buddy Tom isn't a beer gut anymore with a balding head. He's now ultra hunk with rockstar hair.

OTOH, looking at Susan’s brown eyes could get you me-tooed. Looking at the avatars blue eyes should be pretty safe.

It should also eliminate any chance of Tom getting accused of “micro aggressions”.

SiteSeer

There is a reason why 99,99% of women use make up dude, it's because the majority of men love make up on women, that filter is just professional make up on speed dial, nobody want to see skin flaws and shit, let's be real here.

It's ok to like meh looking skin or women that look like they get up from the bed 5 min ago, but let's not act like my taste are not the general norm, people like the "whore" look, i guess all women who use makeup are whores now...

In my city women get decently dressed and put make up even when they go buy some bread, i'm used to women who care about their look.

Is it deceptive? Sure, but it was never the point, men hide their flaws aswell if they can.
agreed, the ladies look really good, fake but good.

There is a reason why 99,99% of women use make up dude, it's because the majority of men love make up on women, that filter is just professional make up on speed dial, nobody want to see skin flaws and shit, let's be real here.

It's ok to like meh looking skin or women that look like they get up from the bed 5 min ago, but let's not act like my taste are not the general norm, people like the "whore" look, i guess all women who use makeup are whores now...

In my city women get decently dressed and put make up even when they go buy some bread, i'm used to women who care about their look.

Is it deceptive? Sure, but it was never the point, men hide their flaws aswell if they can.

Agree to disagree on the rest, you can't control their life or what friends and other people tell to your childs when you are not there, sometimes boys and girls do stupid things to integrate with a particular group of friends or because they like someone, like starting using tik tok or social media, it's on them growing up as decent persons, parents can only do that much (and it sure as hell help a lot)
I had the same 2 colleagues for 30 years so i saw their childrens growing up, they are the type of parent that you are, convinced that being a good and always present parent was enough, and they ended both with 1 good kid and 1 shitty kid, and yet the parenting was exactly the same, how do you explain that?
I'm not trying to scare or saying that you are a bad parent or anything, just accept the reality that not everyone is in your absolute control when it comes to childs.
The thing about these filters is it goes beyond ultra dolled up women with assembly line make up with no effort.

It also adjusts the bone structure, lips, eyes etc... Take off the filter's smooth skinning make up and it still looks totally different than the real person. So it's a totally false representation of someone regardless of digital make up on or off.

Also, the transformation is only done digitally on an app. The second they meet someone in real life, or someone meets them, no amount of make up will make them the same as the app. The closest representation is the person is so good at make up, she can do it every morning standing in front of a mirror. The rest of the changes the app does does not apply to real life.

The next step for a woman amped up on her app image would be getting surgery trying to copy the app facial feature to facial feature. And thats a whole other topic altogether.

Last edited:

Outlier

Honestly I think the sale of makeup should be banned (not ban the use of artificial beautifiers).
It's damage of perceptive reality on society cause by makeup use is clear, to me.

If people were less likely to use them, then they would be more accepting of each others natural state.

It is really sad what cosmetic technologies has done to our physique.

SF Kosmo

The Trigglypuff
Do girls really get so confused over filters that they lose touch with reality or is that just a social justice warrior "I wanna be helping young girls" sort of thing?

I know women who use these filters all the fucking time and swear up and down they aren't dishonest and they just help the lighting or whatever and then cry when every date is disappointed by their appearance in real life. Like there's this real cognitive dissonance where they can't put it together.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The negative social impact and mental health issues caused by Tik Tok is moving at a much faster rate than Facebook or Twitter ever did towards their beginnings.

It's like the App was specifically designed to destroy people.

Top Bottom