• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest seamless TikTok beauty filter…

Don't want to sound like a simp, but this woman looks a million times better without the filter:

0j6kA2N.png
No, she doesn’t.

I'm confused. The problem is women use these filters so much that they become disillusioned when they see what they really look like?

We need to move past social media and self exhibitionism. Maybe things like this will help people realize that these platforms are filled to the brim with shit nobody actually cares about
Problem is women (compared to men) are way amped up on looks and impressing people. Most guys dont really give a shit beyond core basics like combing their hair or taking a shower. And a good chunk of guys dont even regularly do that.

So these app filters (I dont know how they make money off them) are perfect tools aimed at women.

Go to any shopping mall, and you'll see tons of women's stores: clothing, jewelry, shoes, accessories, make up etc.... You name it. How many guy focused stores are there? Probably two if you're lucky. One will be a suit and tie store on it's last legs as people dress less formal as every year passes, and perhaps there's some rebel Italian or European based shirt and pants store. Thats it. Guy clothes/shoes are almost always in unisex stores. But there's shitloads of women's only stores.

When it comes to filters, I dont download these apps so I dont know whats out there, but without even looking I bet there's way more filters making women look pretty than apps making guys morph into a chisel chinned studs.

Last edited:
At this point I'm cheering on social media becoming so absurdly toxic that even normal people start to realize how harmful it is and society as a whole decides to stop using it.

Social media right now is straight up the cigarettes of the 1950s. People know it's harmful but everyone uses it anyway.
Social media stupidity comes from shitloads of people getting in on it at free prices. Nothing attracts low brow people more than a $0 fee.

You'd get rid of a lot of stupidity if software had a minimum price attached to it. Even something small like $10 or $20.

In non-digital products (shit you buy at the store), companies cant purposely give away shit or dump products for a loss all year to spur demand. Companies are suppose to sell their products to stores at a minimum price even if the company can afford to give away freebies all day.

Yet for software, a lot of software companies lose money and are allowed to give away their program or app for free.

nush

Makes us distrust women even more.

If I had to date now I'm planning for 2 places. McDonald's in case I get catfished and the real restaurant on the off chance what I saw online was actually real.

Correct, all first dates should be low investment. She'll filter herself out if a walk in the park of a coffee isn't good enough for her.

Society slowly progressing to living day to day with an online avatar and real life will be dead. Kind of like an advancement and the end point of woke culture, you can be whatever the fuck you want.
If Meta and MS snapped their fingers getting their wishes granted, everyone would have VR goggles and living home and work life through virtual worlds and offices while lying down on their living room sofa.

Instead of just meeting and talking to people face to face like humans are meant to do using their speech, eyes, and ears, you instead scrap all that and talk to people through Nintendo Mii caricatures with as little human element as possible. Instead of chatting with Susan looking at her brown eyes, you're now talking to Susan who made her video game avatar have blue eyes. Your buddy Tom isn't a beer gut anymore with a balding head. He's now ultra hunk with rockstar hair.

It's basically Second Life. But instead of crazy servers with alien and robot characters, it's a but more grounded with real people dolling themselves up the avatar way.

What a life.

Scotty W

Don't want to sound like a simp, but this woman looks a million times better without the filter:

0j6kA2N.png
Thinking out loud, not attacking you:

Looking at yourself looking at yourself and being disgusted with yourself.

You are in a dialectical trap, whereby, through sane behavior is stigmatized by conflating it with negative behavior by control of language.

Simping, white knighting, incel and nice guys are examples of this.

These are all tangentially related to normal states or behaviors, but which are toxic when pushed to an extreme. For example, thinking that a woman looks beautiful and saying so to your friends is normal; while fanatically defending and praising her is obviously not. Both behaviors are on a continuum; but since one word covers both extremes, simp, that which is normal is identified with its opposite.

Thesis: she looks fine
Antithesis: you a fanatic
Synthesis: you looking at yourself looking at yourself and being disgusted.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Thinking out loud, not attacking you:

Looking at yourself looking at yourself and being disgusted with yourself.

You are in a dialectical trap, whereby, through sane behavior is stigmatized by conflating it with negative behavior by control of language.

Simping, white knighting, incel and nice guys are examples of this.

These are all tangentially related to normal states or behaviors, but which are toxic when pushed to an extreme. For example, thinking that a woman looks beautiful and saying so to your friends is normal; while fanatically defending and praising her is obviously not. Both behaviors are on a continuum; but since one word covers both extremes, simp, that which is normal is identified with its opposite.

Thesis: she looks fine
Antithesis: you a fanatic
Synthesis: you looking at yourself looking at yourself and being disgusted.
The legendary Scotty W blessed me with a tailor-made analysis!!

Blushing GIF

Last edited:

poodaddy

I wish women would realize they're at their most beautiful and attractive when they're home in some comfy sweat pants with no make up on, just getting cozy under a blanket and watching a movie with their family. I remind my wife all the time that she's breathtakingly gorgeous in the morning, right after waking up and before brushing her hair or even fully joining humanity for the day. I would actively find her less appealing if she did this shit.

Love yourself ladies. You're beautiful, just as you are, and all these apps do is distract from what makes you truly special and unique.

Of course it's perfect. This kinda tech evolves fast because nearly everyone uses tiktok in China, not just kids. Gets trained on like 2bil ppl daily. Sometimes I wonder if this tech is also tied to the advanced facial recognition surveillance software that the CCP uses on its citizens. No smoking gun has been found that tiktok is colluding with the Chinse government (yet), but can you really trust a tech company of that size/success level? Just remember, tech companies lie/don't care about your privacy, any enterprise that gets this big in China is likely to have ties with their government, and Beijing has very real interests in both spying on and propagating misinformation in the west.

I gotta wonder, what's more damaging in the long term: a generation of young woman unable to present themselves or see themselves as they really are, or a generation of young woman obsessed with a potentially direct open channel straight to a foreign dictatorship with questionable values. This world scares me more and more.

GymWolf

Like i said in the other topic, i can't get mad at this, it's super impressive for being just a filter.

Scary, but impressive.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Plastic surgeons and psychologists must absolutely love Tiktok, it provides them with ever increasing numbers of deeply insecure and depressed female patients.

Every single person in the OP will still spend 10 hours a day using what is surely thr most extreme vector for mental illness in human history.

Last edited:

Fenix34

For any of you who dont do online dating apps like Tinder and all, filters are used for probably like 40% of women. I swipe left. It's pretty easy to spot the filter. Especially Asian women where it's like 80% of them all having the same kind of look (pasty white with pointy chin). Oddly, I wonder if there's studly dude filters too and if guys use them on dating apps too.
I ban forever in Tinder.

GymWolf

tbf i think a few of us in here have young daughters and we're all well aware of the dangers of social media and its impact on the mental health of girls, over my dead body will i allow my kids instagram/tiktok/snapchat etc
You are not with your daughter when she is at school or with her friends or in a couple of years when she is gonna move alone with tram, bus or a scooter.

You can only control some parts of her life.

I'm sorry but this is the reality, refusing social media fuckery is 100% on her judgement.

Last edited:

poodaddy

tbf i think a few of us in here have young daughters and we're all well aware of the dangers of social media and its impact on the mental health of girls, over my dead body will i allow my kids instagram/tiktok/snapchat etc
This. My daughter despises social media, thinks everyone on tik Tok is mentally challenged, and couldn't care less. And yes GymWolf, the woman looks better without the filter. Perhaps you like the trashy did up whore look, but some of us genuinely hate it. Those of us who know how to parent know our kids. They'll be fine, just remind them that fake beauty isn't beauty at all. Kids are smart, teach them well and they'll get it.

Taking the questionable harm this can do to vulnerable people, I have to admit the technology is the fucking balls, but what's the reasoning behind it? Is it just an added extra to keep people engaged or is there some sort of nefarious A.I. facial tech being trained for use by the CCP?

GymWolf

This. My daughter despises social media, thinks everyone on tik Tok is mentally challenged, and couldn't care less. And yes GymWolf, the woman looks better without the filter. Perhaps you like the trashy did up whore look, but some of us genuinely hate it. Those of us who know how to parent know our kids. They'll be fine, just remind them that fake beauty isn't beauty at all. Kids are smart, teach them well and they'll get it.
There is a reason why 99,99% of women use make up dude, it's because the majority of men love make up on women, that filter is just professional make up on speed dial, nobody want to see skin flaws and shit, let's be real here.

It's ok to like meh looking skin or women that look like they get up from the bed 5 min ago, but let's not act like my taste are not the general norm, people like the "whore" look, i guess all women who use makeup are whores now...

In my city women get decently dressed and put make up even when they go buy some bread, i'm used to women who care about their look.

Is it deceptive? Sure, but it was never the point, men hide their flaws aswell if they can.

Agree to disagree on the rest, you can't control their life or what friends and other people tell to your childs when you are not there, sometimes boys and girls do stupid things to integrate with a particular group of friends or because they like someone, like starting using tik tok or social media, it's on them growing up as decent persons, parents can only do that much (and it sure as hell help a lot)
I had the same 2 colleagues for 30 years so i saw their childrens growing up, they are the type of parent that you are, convinced that being a good and always present parent was enough, and they ended both with 1 good kid and 1 shitty kid, and yet the parenting was exactly the same, how do you explain that?
I'm not trying to scare or saying that you are a bad parent or anything, just accept the reality that not everyone is in your absolute control when it comes to childs.

Last edited:

poodaddy

There is a reason why 99,99% of women use make up dude, it's because the majority of men love make up on women, that filter is just professional make up on speed dial, nobody want to see skin flaws and shit, let's be real here.

It's ok to like meh looking skin or women that look like they get up from the bed 5 min ago, but let's not act like my taste are not the general norm, people like the "whore" look, i guess all women who use makeup are whore now...

In my city women get decently dressed and put make up even when they go buy some bread, i'm used to women who care about their look.

Is it deceptive? Sure, but was never the point, men hide their flaws aswell if they can.
As someone who moved from a big city on the west coast of the USA to a small town on the east coast just to get away from the crazies on the west coast, I can confidently say that women here don't get painted up to go "buy bread."And there's still plenty of absolutely gorgeous women around who truly care about their appearance and their fitness, my wife being one of them. My wife wears no makeup, and she's beautiful. You don't have to believe me, but she is. She's been on a great face care routine since she was about 25 or so, she takes care of her hair, she squats her ass on in our home gym, her nutrition is extremely on point, she doesn't drink much at all, and she doesn't smoke.

I can tell you this for absolutely certain. Make up is actually terrible for the skin. Truly beautiful women take after their appearance through their health and daily habits, not through painting themselves daily. Without exception, every single one of those women who blanket themselves in a half pound of foundation every day just to step outside will be fucking hideous in twenty years. Foundation clogs up your pores when we should be exfoliating them and moisturizing. Yes....my wife's skin care stuff has kind of influenced me, but she's on point with this stuff. I had a friend when I was younger who was the same way, didn't wear much make up but just adamantly cared for her skin. She went on to be a fitness influencer after marrying this gym rat I knew in the Army. Admittedly, I don't know what she looks like today, but I guarantee she's still beautiful, knowing how she was and her disdain for make up, and she's probably aged quite well.

My taste isn't for "meh" skin, it's for healthy women. Your taste is absolutely the norm, yes, I can't take that away from you, but that doesn't make it healthy and it doesn't mean women have to "put on a face" to be beautiful and can't dress well and look great while being more natural in appearance. Love to you and yours, .....but fuck I'm glad I don't live in your city. Sounds like a vanity induced nightmare of smoke and mirrors where noone really knows what anyone truly looks like. Meeting women there must be like fighting Mysterio.

Last edited:

GymWolf

As someone who moved from a big city on the west coast of the USA to a small town on the east coast just to get away from the crazies on the west coast, I can confidently say that women here don't get painted up to go "buy bread."And there's still plenty of absolutely gorgeous women around who truly care about their appearance and their fitness, my wife being one of them. My wife wears no makeup, and she's beautiful. You don't have to believe me, but she is. She's been on a great face care routine since she was about 25 or so, she takes care of her hair, she squats her ass on in our home gym, her nutrition is extremely on point, she doesn't drink much at all, and she doesn't smoke.

I can tell you this for absolutely certain. Make up is actually terrible for the skin. Truly beautiful women take after their appearance through their health and daily habits, not through painting themselves daily. Without exception, every single one of those women who blanket themselves in a half pound of foundation every day just to step outside will be fucking hideous in twenty years. Foundation clogs up your pores when we should be exfoliating them and moisturizing. Yes....my wife's skin care stuff has kind of influenced me, but she's on point with this stuff. I had a friend when I was younger who was the same way, didn't wear much make up but just adamantly cared for her skin. She went on to be a fitness influencer after marrying this gym rat I knew in the Army. Admittedly, I don't know what she looks like today, but I guarantee she's still beautiful, knowing how she was and her disdain for make up, and she's probably aged quite well.

My taste isn't for "meh" skin, it's for healthy women. Your taste is absolutely the norm, yes, I can't take that away from you, but that doesn't make it healthy and it doesn't mean women have to "put on a face" to be beautiful and can't dress well and look great while being more natural in appearance. Love to you and yours, .....but fuck I'm glad I don't live in your city. Sounds like a vanity induced nightmare of smoke and mirrors where noone really knows what anyone truly looks like. Meeting women there must be like fighting Mysterio.
Never said it was healthy, i know everything you are saying.

I just chimed in because in the previous post you kinda acted like liking the whore look is something specific to me when it's clearly not.

Your wife won the genetic skin lottery, majority of women don't have that luxury.

It's like hairs with men, some people don't use hair gel or products, use balms and shit to keep them healthy just to go bald at 30 years old.
People are lazy, asking to avoid smog, sun and all the shit that can damage the skin is not feasible for the majority of people.

And yes, my city is a very superficial and vanity induced nightmare place to live, but you forget that everytime you go dancing or in a gym and there are no women dressed like slobs, small wins dude, it's all about small wins:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
You are not with your daughter when she is at school or with her friends or in a couple of years when she is gonna move alone with tram, bus or a scooter.

You can only control some parts of her life.

I'm sorry but this is the reality, refusing social media fuckery is 100% on her judgement.

There is hope. I’ve heard that a lot of normal kids have a public profile and their ‘real’ one, just for friends. They know social media as a public facing performance is bullshit.

It also means that all these teenagers you see online commanding the attention of adults/politicians (not the same things) are in fact the absolute fucking losers in school. Which is both amazing and depressing.

poodaddy

Never said it was healthy, i know everything you are saying.

I just chimed in because in the previous post you kinda acted like liking the whore look is something specific tocme when it's clearly not.

Your wife won the genetic skin lottery, majority of women don't have that luxury.

It's like hairs with men, some people don't use hair gel or products, use balms and shit to keep them healthy jist to go bald at 30 years old.
People are lazy, asking to avoid smog, sun aand all the sjit that can damage the skin is not feasible for the majority of people.

And yes, my city is a very superficial and vanity induced nightmare place to live, but you forget that everytime you go dancing or in a gym and there are no women dressed like slobs, small wins dude, it's all about small wins:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
That's fair brother. Sorry if I came off like that, I truly wasn't trying to be combative, just saying that some dudes, like myself and the other fella, just don't get into the too much make up look. I should have chosen my words better and that's on me, sorry again. See ya in the funny pics thread my dude 😎

GymWolf

That's fair brother. Sorry if I came off like that, I truly wasn't trying to be combative, just saying that some dudes, like myself and the other fella, just don't get into the too much make up look. I should have chosen my words better and that's on me, sorry again. See ya in the funny pics thread my dude 😎
Lol no need for an excuse dude, sorry if i sounded like i was angry, you were not combative at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom