• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

Been a couple weeks since I posted in here, I'm not a very active gaf user but I try to keep up. I did one job interview for a full time job (which I need) but they never called back, so there's that I guess. I'm tired of having to look for decent work, all the jobs I apply for seem to require some level of experience which I don't have, so it seems the best I can do is apply to a different retail position that pays more and just hope I can get full time hours. I just want to go back to school so I can stop. My life is in a rut that consists of going to work, coming home, playing video games for the rest of the day and repeating it.

Write that down as your goal right now and set a time frame that you're going to do it in. Use affirmative and positive language in the present tense. Be specific. Make your goals BIG.

E.g. By June 2020, I graduate college with honors.

Then break that goal down.

Then break it down again.

There's always little things you can do in your daily life that will help set you down the path you need to be on.

And remember that goals, plans, and life all change. You're not stuck with one, two or however many goals for the rest of your life just because you've set a timeline or written down. You can change anything, especially as your true passions in life become clearer. But writting down and working towards little stuff will help you find that confidence and that hope you need to cycle out of the rut you feel yourself in.

Kater

Banned
Hey all!

A few days ago, I decided to give up on online dating. I've been trying for months, hoping to find someone who enjoys similar interests, and isn't scared of distance, no matter how close or far they are.

Most of the messages I receive are either very short, which leaves no room for a response, or too sexual, which I'm not interested in at all. And when I do have a conversation with someone, they lead me to a dead end. Giving shorter responses as time goes on, and telling me how "cute" I am every few messages. I try to start a new conversation/topic, but it's all short responses...

I guess it's not for me, haha. It's not easy to find someone who wants to talk about games, Steven Universe, and more, without getting sexual, haha!

Since everyone's posting pics of themselves, here's me :p
Try those apps for finding friends, not partners. Forgot the name of it but there should be at least one app. Sexual convos are pretty much unavoidable on a dating app (as are the single-word responses if the convo goes nowhere).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Got a job I start today and got another job interview lined up for Friday and another job agency wants to interview me. Why can't I hold all these interviews? Already way different and better than PR. Lol

Zero²

I'm just so anxious, seems things go wrong exactly when we need to focus the most. Well at least I know I gotta change, so I hope those I love have patience with me...

JCX

Hey all!

A few days ago, I decided to give up on online dating. I've been trying for months, hoping to find someone who enjoys similar interests, and isn't scared of distance, no matter how close or far they are.

Most of the messages I receive are either very short, which leaves no room for a response, or too sexual, which I'm not interested in at all. And when I do have a conversation with someone, they lead me to a dead end. Giving shorter responses as time goes on, and telling me how "cute" I am every few messages. I try to start a new conversation/topic, but it's all short responses...

I guess it's not for me, haha. It's not easy to find someone who wants to talk about games, Steven Universe, and more, without getting sexual, haha!

Since everyone's posting pics of themselves, here's me :p

Yeah dating apps are the worst, but as long as you stick to your guns about what you want, you'll find it eventually.

Doesn't hurt that you're cute either ;)

Yeah dating apps are the worst, but as long as you stick to your guns about what you want, you'll find it eventually.

Doesn't hurt that you're cute either ;)

Thanks :) I'm a patient guy, I'll wait to see what happens. End up with someone or a doggo. I also want to have my own pet in the future.

And you're handsome yourself, my good man :p

Ah. Night club dude texted me back.

I'm so confused. He approached me at the night club. We exchanged numbers. He'll text about stuff. But asking if he wanted to grab coffee resulted in 3 days of silence.

I take it that just means he realized he wasn't that interested?

Just wanted to drop by and show my sweet new gaming setup. :D
KxTxenH.jpg

And yes, I'm loving my current lock screen right now. :p

IvorB

All this talk of PSVR has got me thinking I might pick up a GearVR to connect to my Note and watch "cinema". Anyone have any experience of that?

Bladenic

Infernape was fine in my opinion. Just unfortunate typing, which for some reason they seem determined to stick with.

It's actually a great type offensively at least, but why they keep rehashing for the starters is beyond me. At least Grass and water starters have more variety.

grass starter ftw for the first time ever

my body is ready

Gurl not when Serperior and Sceptile exist. Venusaur too but I know people have a massive boner every time someone even mentions Charizard for some inexplainable reason.

That Red Dead Redemption thread... what an unsurprising yet still disappointing display.

What's going on there?

My Kant professor asked me to talk about Buddhism in his world philosophy class, presumably because I talk about it with him incessantly. I'm kind of intimidated at the thought addressing a classroom full of people, but I think I'm going to do it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My Kant professor asked me to talk about Buddhism in his world philosophy class, presumably because I talk about it with him incessantly. I'm kind of intimidated at the thought addressing a classroom full of people, but I think I'm going to do it.

you can practice on us oop you already do that

Grakl

I filled out my early voting ballot yesterday and voted NO for prop 205 in Arizona which would legalize weed, I will NOT accept the gateway drug to become legal in my state!

voted yes... Also voted yes on raising the minimum wage
Massachusetts also legalizing weed ayy

So there's no problem with playing as 1,000 year old dragons in their underwear that look like 12 year old girls but then realism and accuracy suddenly become important when it comes to black people? Nice.

DOWN

Banned
So there's no problem with playing as 1,000 year old dragons in their underwear that look like 12 year old girls but then realism and accuracy suddenly become important when it comes to black people? Nice.

the thread about The Order 1886 trying to argue in favor of werewolves and lightning guns but against black people in London was amazing

B-Dex

I literally am screaming at this dudes meltdown on not getting a rose on the bachelorette Canada. Talking shit like he's the hottest guy ever and that their ratings are gonna tank.

God I love trash TV. I need help. 🎃

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I think within the next few days I'm about to have a hot guy from Grindr
take my virginity
. RIP
my ass
Just be super safe.

I literally am screaming at this dudes meltdown on not getting a rose on the bachelorette Canada. Talking shit like he's the hottest guy ever and that their ratings are gonna tank.

God I love trash TV. I need help. 🎃
Have you watched Finding Prince Charming on Logo? It's garbage af.

Nero397

Write that down as your goal right now and set a time frame that you're going to do it in. Use affirmative and positive language in the present tense. Be specific. Make your goals BIG.

E.g. By June 2020, I graduate college with honors.

Then break that goal down.

Then break it down again.

There's always little things you can do in your daily life that will help set you down the path you need to be on.

And remember that goals, plans, and life all change. You're not stuck with one, two or however many goals for the rest of your life just because you've set a timeline or written down. You can change anything, especially as your true passions in life become clearer. But writting down and working towards little stuff will help you find that confidence and that hope you need to cycle out of the rut you feel yourself in.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom