• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Linus Tech Tips] PlayStation just killed PC VR

Kupfer

I will not pay the slightest attention to this click bait attempt nor will I give this guy a minute of watchtime or a click.
The PSVR2 is a good device for what it is.
The future will be decided by the software, which is more versatile on the PC for now.

Last edited:
Nah
fwywM23.png

Last edited:

rofif

That headstrap design is leagues ahead of any PC headset in terms of ease of putting it on and overall comfort.
Seems you never used stuff like rift cv1 or index. The halo straps are not only wobbly but also hard to find and keep sweet spot.
At least for me. I know many people like halo strap design

Buggy Loop

6fr39v.jpg

Not giving that obvious clickbaiter a click.

Library 85% or so filled with Quest and PCVR ports, kills PCVR… sure

I’m sure all the heavy gear sim flight cockpits or driving rigs that are on VR just sold everything for GT7 :rolleyes:

The only thing we’ll remember PSVR 2 for is that it will be the last mainstream headset with fresnel lenses. Everyone is moving away from that.

scydrex

Will not click on that. If some games on pc like Alyx and others comes to psvr2 maybe? There are games only on pc vr at least for now. Click bait title is common from those guys.

Last edited:

Killer8

Seems you never used stuff like rift cv1 or index. The halo straps are not only wobbly but also hard to find and keep sweet spot.
At least for me. I know many people like halo strap design

I own both a CV1 and PSVR2. Straps on Oculus are notoriously uncomfortable and prone to pulling hair when taking them off.

I also have zero issues finding the sweet spot on PSVR2 - unlike on Oculus. The new IPD calibration/fitting software shits on the primitive "iS tHe LiNe cLeAr?" setup that Oculus uses:

cWqkXyJ.png

Finally something that tells me if the headset is too high/low on the head or at a weird angle.

Hustling that youtube algorithm

but I don't blame Linus tbh

PSVR2 could kill other PC headsets if it, you know, supported PC....but that has yet to happen.

I think that will happen when both a and b are true

a) Sony can sell the PSVR2 at a profit
b) When Sony can monetize PC game sales

StereoVsn

I mean this is mostly YouTube algorithm "gaming", but overall he has a point, PS VR2 hardware is quite good for the price.

For regular PC players, PS VR2 does nothing since ... its not compatible with PCs (for the most part).

Kuranghi

No it didn't.
Not with that headstrap and fresnel lenses
edit: One other annoying thing for me is unnecessarily far focal distance. Oculus headsets have 1.3meters so at least shortsighted people see well.

Does this mean I need to wear my glasses?

Kuranghi

If I don't wear mine with the Quest 2 I can't see a thing. I suspect the same would be true with PSVR2.

But its not too bad I take it? Or does it cause pressure on the temples? I will wear big huge earcup headphones (Arctis Nova Pro Wireless w/ custom thicker earpads) as well so could be annoying.

Other question about PS VR2: Can you not use headphones and continue to use my external surround sound speakers and it still work properly, ie it rotates the audio as your head turns? I'm presuming not.

ReBurn

But its not too bad I take it? Or does it cause pressure on the temples? I will wear big huge earcup headphones (Arctis Nova Pro Wireless w/ custom thicker earpads) as well so could be annoying.

Other question about PS VR2: Can you not use headphones and continue to use my external surround sound speakers and it still work properly, ie it rotates the audio as your head turns? I'm presuming not.
Quest 2 comes with an eyeglass adapter that moves headset out a few millimeters to make room for them. So I don't have any pressure on the temples. It's pretty comfortable all things considered. I don't know how it works with PSVR2 but I want to try it to see whether it's comfortable for me before I buy one.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Still not sold on VR I still see it in the same bracket as 3D glasses/TV, Curved displays, and motion controllers. Yes, they use motion controllers for VR but remember when the wii came out everyone jumped on board this feels the same for me.

How about when every movie was 3D and the industry jumped on the bandwagon. Nvidia 3D monitors and glasses its the future of gaming. Playstation made a Sony branded 3D tv and it was amazing with Uncharted 3 and its 3D

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Yeah you would need a PC/laptop for it to look anything close to PS5, I take it thats what you mean?

I know where this is going... nEEd a ThREE ThOUSanD DoLLarS pC!

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Thing is PCVR has been built on the fundation of the 970 and has kept up pretty good outside of DCS or sim racings. Half-Life Alyx is still the best experience by far and runs on a potato. (i would recommend 1060 minimum still but..)

But..What are you really getting with the top visual games (Horizon, RE8) on PS5 is interpolation ghosting since they're running 60fps interpolated to 120 fps. Less than ideal settings too. RE8 modded, not even official dev support, at medium settings on a 2070 super wipes the floor in visuals with the PS5 version.

Resident Evil Village - Through the Lens face-off: Praydog mod (Quest 2) vs Official (PSVR2)

It doesn't take much to actually match PS5. The only thing it got for it is that Sony's own titles will pour more cash than basically most PCVR games outside of maybe Half-Life Alyx.

Last edited:

drezz

They are wrong about not being able to charge the controllers while playing doh, I used a powerbank with a long usb WIRE into my pocket.

Worked fine, I turn and the cabel comes with, it was never in the way.
Not recommending too play intense games with it, but it will power it AND charge fast at the same time, so... lets say poker game, it would be NO problem.

Run and gun like Pavlov?
You'll notice it alot.

Top Bottom