• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 3: Rules, current draft positions and more inside!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So we have 16 of 18 now :)

I think Hg still needs to sign in and Mav *is he even alive?*

Fifty

Dude's on AIM all the time. Anyone tried to contact him? I'm worried about him though...If he's not checking this thread, how will he play his games every 3 days.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I always see that hes on AIM *it is hendrix9786? right* but hes never home :\

Man we have to find someone or this is all fucked.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well shoot, if no one picks the Pats, maybe I, the WORSET player, will go back and get them! I could score!

seachickens are a pretty good team too, but take the pats if you like :D

keep in mind guys, you still have to play the game. just because you pick the patriots or colts or whoever doesn't mean you are going to get auto-victories. it still comes down to playcalling and adjusting to your opponent. if you can't do those things, then you won't win. whether you pick the cardinals or the 2006 san francisco 49ers (rated 100 in every category, including heart), you still must play!

Shadax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
keep in mind guys, you still have to play the game. just because you pick the patriots doesn't mean you are going to get auto-victories.

Umm, actually it does. :p

I think I may reconsider the Redskins....GAF Superbowl ring or keeping it real and supporting the hometown team? hmmmmm

Maverick

Woah, I'm here. I didnt get FMTs message the other day because my girlfriend signed me off of AIM before I saw it.

I have been checking this thread, but I thought this didnt start until *next week*

I'm fine guys, I play Madden all the time.

I took the Steelers, because I think I deserve them finally after Ram has kept them under wraps for so long. Plus, I have never really caught on w/ using them in 2005. I don't see how you can be so good w/ them Ram. Roth can't throw a deep ball for shit...everyone always seem to single cover plex and ward and it doesn't matter.

Miguel

Hey guys I...well, I still don't have an xbox. Nor will I anytime soon. :D

Good luck to all the participants though. :)

ok dudes. teams are set, divisions are set, schedule is in process right now. then the minute season 2 is over, i advance the league to "regular season" and we can begin. i will post the divisions now, i will post the schedule later since there is not any set formula (i.e. play X teams X amount of times, i kind of had to wing some of it, but it is a more interesting schedule to be honest)

AFC East - Bills (wellie), Panthers (dskillz), Minnesota Vikings (slo)
AFC Central - Jaguars (gunstar), Steelers (maverick), Redskins (dj)
AFC West - Falcons (truelize), Cowboys (hgplayer), Seahawks (lonestar)

NFC East - Chiefs (malleymal), Raiders (rors), Dolphins (bog)
NFC Central - Bucs (dmczaf), Bengals (ramirez), Texans (matrix)
NFC West - Chargers (bob), Ravens (fifty), 49ers (fmt)

now i can STILL change any of these settings. so if there is an emergency situation (such as the time zones, you dont like someone ;), or you think you are unfairly being put in a division that is too tough), pm me or post here or whatever and i will look into it.

i think the division shakedown is very fair. i don't think there are really any lopsided divisions, and all should be competitive. but if you think otherwise let me know

Matrix

Oh god oh god oh god :lol :( :( :( :(

I guess I should start getting ready for season 4 :p

EDIT- TEXANS ARE WINNING IT ALLLLLLLLLL...FUCK IT! :D

schedule is up friends. i won't activate the league until season 2 is finished, so it will likely be at the middle or end of next week.

keep in mind the following PLAYOFF INFORMATION!

The playoff format is as follows:

The top team in each division gets into the playoffs. That is 3 teams.
There will be only ONE WILD CARD PER CONFERENCE, for a total of 4 teams.

Now, I have specified this in the options when I created the league. But, EA doesn't seem to listen to us and automatically does the division winners plus TWO wild cards per conference. if EA does this again, the playoffs will be played outside of the league website. all the settings will be the same (we will play on all-pro, 6 min quarters, injuries/fatigue/fair play all on) and we will just report back here who won the game. either way, those are the settings. now, of course, some of us will get screwed. consider the following circumstance and records:

1. bengals 14-2
2. buccaneers 13-3
3. ravens 12-4
4. chargers 12-4
5. 49ers 11-5
6. raiders 9-7

guess which teams get into the playoffs?

#1 seed: bengals
#2 seed: ravens
#3 seed: Buccaneers
#4 seed: Raiders

keep that in mind at all times guys. some of us are going to be unhappy at seasons end, but thats what makes it fun

Fifty

Great work FMT. That's a total of 8 teams in the entire league folks. 50% odds of getting in :p

No one should really be unhappy, because you have a 1/3 chance of winning your division (small divisions make for closer competitions, and better chances, obviously) plus if you're in a great division, the wildcard is always there. If enough people complain, we could always host a consolation tournament. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's not that I don't want to play Ramirez, I am sure I will destroy him, but we have trouble connecting. And I have to play him twice without him being in my conference or division. I have to set aside an hour in which I would be able to take the xbox's connection off my router, explian that to my multi PC family. :|

Lonestar

I'm actually facing something like that. I think once in game, I'm stable, but no pc's can connect properly during that time. I wish I knew how to properly set up a wireless network :/

Slo

That's fine if that's what he decides. However, last night he mentioned to me that he was revising my schedule because I was only scheduled to play a team in my division once (Wellie), but was scheduled to play a non-division member 3 times (Gunstar).

Like I said, it's fine with me the way it is, but I've been told that it's going to change. :)

the revised schedule is coming and is almost completely done (and almost completely different).

the new schedule will follow this format:

3 divisional games per opponent (6 games total)
6 non-division conference opponents (6 games total)
4 interconference opponents (4 games total)

once im done with the above i'll look at both and decide which looks best

Mrbob

Season one I figured out how to run

Season two I learned how to pass effectively.

Season three it all comes together into an offensive juggarnaut which can't be stopped.

MrBob starring in... quotes from the future:

Season three it all comes together into an offensive juggarnaut which can't be stopped, but my defense sucks.

Season four I learn how to defend the run.

Season five I learn how to defend the pass.

Season six it all comes together into a defensive juggernaut which cannot be penetrated, but then I forgot how to play offense.

Season seven I relearn how to run.

Season eight...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

Season three it all comes together into an offensive juggarnaut which can't be stopped.

With how little you ran in season 2, I bet you forgot how to do it already.

Lonestar

Not that home/away matters, except for coin tosses, but I have 12 out of 16 games on the road. And I only play Ror once! Don't even get an attempt against Wellie, FMT, Fifty or Ram! :| Oh well.

Fifty

You're complaining that you don't get to face FMT, Ramirez, CK or myself? Hell, I'd be jumping in the streets. But seriously, it's good that FMT gave the newer players an easier schedule. It should keep everything competitive.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
But seriously, it's good that FMT gave the newer players an easier schedule. It should keep everything competitive.
I guess it is "easier" but it's not that easy. :\

First 6 games I have to go against Bog, Matrix, Fifty, FMT, and Ramirez :p

Everyone playing me expect a win except round 11...that's a W for me.

1-15-0, baby!

Actually, I might be able to go 5-11

I forfeit round 12! ;b

season 3 will begin on sunday. each week lasts 3 days and 12 hours. what would be the ideal time for everyone for me to begin the league?

for instance, lets say i "activate" the league @ 9 am on sunday morning. that means that it will advance @ 9 pm pst on wednesday night. everyone chime in with a good time and we'll go from there

Fifty

I think 10 PM (eastern, sorry for being selfish ;) ) is the best time.....It's later than season 2's time by one hour, so it'll give us a bit more time to play our games, which might be a big deal since the league has expanded...and it's not too late that we can't play the next week's games that night. Consider my vote cast for 10 PM (Create the league at 10 am)

Oh yeah, and Rors...your schedule looks very tough, at least the start. Bog is a wildcard though!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Starting at 10 PM sunday would be good, I think. Then the next round starts at 10 AM Thursday, then it's back to Sunday at 10 PM.

As I mentioned earlier, I am going away Friday night at around 6 PM (Feb 4th) and will be back Wednesday morning at around noon-ish (Feb 9th). Hopefully my opponents can work with me a bit here. This means you HGPlayer and Maverick (Dammit. :|).

Mrbob

Yes. I agree about activating the league late Sunday night (Like 9PM/10PM central). I should have some time to play my league game Wednesday night sometime but if I have to play it on a Monday or Tuesday (I'm usually gone almost all day those two days) it'll be a tight squeeze I don't know if I could make it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can't wait for season 3! Been messing around as the Bills, and now with an offensive line that blocks stuff, I actually can run without having to create the space myself! McGahee! Henry! I'm not even going to get into having enough time to pass without holding everyone in... this is insanity.

Matrix

Malley,ill play you now if you want.

Ill be online.

Matrix

Shadax

Banned
If anyone else wants to get a practice game in before the start of Season 3, I'm available all weekend at any time (yay for being snowed in! :/ ).

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WOW!@ SHITTHE FUCK

GG Matrix... I still need to get the hang of this game, Who wants to play some tonight...

Matrix

GG Malley,geez we both didnt play good D at all :(

Andre owns all.

Top Bottom