• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 3: Rules, current draft positions and more inside!

Mrbob

:lol

Bears defense is cover 2. You lose. I blitzed with linebackers and the occasional CB blitz but that was it. People always confused the cbs with the linebackers blitzing on the Bears because the Bears linebacking core is extremely fast.

And the only time I throw the post past out is if I see zone coverage and no one is there. I'm not gonna hold back from throwing the ball on a post out if you are playing zone coverage and no one is covering the receiver.

We all know the power of Vick. I don't know why you don't try to deny it. When you had to use a drop back qb you got crushed. It was your own fault for taking all those sacks. You kept on calling play action. And the Bears have extremely fast cbs/linebackers.

i still haven't received confirmation from lonestar or bog that they are still interested. please respond within the next couple days as i am going to create the league. if i dont hear anything from you dudes, we must roll on without you. come on ladies, need to check this thread at least once every day or how else will you schedule your games when the season starts :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just wanted to mention that I will be out of the country from the night of February 4th to the morning of February 9th (Friday night until Wednesday morning). If somehow, miraculously, that lands so I can get the games in, (like, the rounds starts Thursday or something) I will definitely try and get the games in. If not, give my opponent the win. It'll be the only blemish on my record! 15-1! Patriots GAF 2005 champs!

Fifty

Wellington said:
It'll be the only blemish on my record! 15-1! Patriots GAF 2005 champs!

Frustrated%20Man%207.jpg

Ramirez

You'll get no props from me for winning it with the Patsies! :p

I used the Lions today in a random game,dude was a cheesehead of course,but they seemed alright,I think I'll take them in Season 3.

Shadax

Banned
CK will destroy us all with the Pats. Seriously. A scrimmage last night went 30-0. Woe to the other two in our conference--I've just written off 3 losses already. :(

Fifty

Winning is important, but if you rely on the best team in the game to finally get a winning record, that's just weaksauce. I would have said that to Maverick, but I hadn't played him as much, and I didn't know that he was good enough to win without them (you are, but you've turned to the dark side!)

Mrbob

To take a true power team (Falcons, Eagles, Patriots), we should set it where you can't take those teams unless you have fewer than so many wins. For example, you can only take the eagles if you have 5 wins or less in the previous season. You can only take the Pats if you have 2 wins or less. You can only take the Falcons if you have 1 win or less.

Well, I wouldn't mind if we just put restrictions on the Pats and Falcons. Eagles are actually vulnerable at times.

lol relax dudes, no team is unbeatable in this game. whether ck uses the patriots, giants or nfl all stars, i will beat him with the niners :D

i think i am about to create the 16 man league. i know i said 18, but i have heard nothing from bog or lonestar, and i can't risk not having enough people.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
It'll be the only blemish on my record! 15-1! Patriots GAF 2005 champs!

"STOP THE MADNESS"
812d.jpg

:p

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol relax dudes, no team is unbeatable in this game. whether ck uses the patriots i will beat him with the niners :D

:lol :lol :lol

Moral victories do not count!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shadax said:
CK will destroy us all with the Pats. Seriously. A scrimmage last night went 30-0. Woe to the other two in our conference--I've just written off 3 losses already. :(

:lol! What was great was at the end of the game when I was just trying to run the clock. It was third and 14 so I called a run with Dillon. The guy breaks three tackles en route to a 17 yard gain. :lol

Or how about when Portis fumbled, Teddy Bruschi recovers it and he's runnin to the endzone, breaks a tackle, and gets in there for the score! :lol

a-New_England_Patriots.jpg

Shadax

Banned
Wellington said:
Or how about when Portis fumbled, Teddy Bruschi recovers it and he's runnin to the endzone, breaks a tackle, and gets in there for the score! :lol

Yea, like I had a chance to stop him! Patrick Ramsey was all that stood between Bruschi and the endzone. Ramsey got smeared like a bug.

129292003Skins2Samuels.jpg

Patriots players smile as they get yet another fumble coming their way.

"Hey Asante, check it out, another one!" "Yea, they just keep coming!"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
what do I need to say/do to get into the league? 5 teams I can handle, but is there a "side" that is EST centric? My play time is usually between 4 pm to say 10 pm EST.

5 Teams:
Seattle
Indy
Washington
Jacksonville
um...Tennessee

Tag is Lonestar 1979

How often are games expected to be held during the week?

5 minute quarters on All Pro or Madden?

Can I get cheese with that?

Difficulty: All-pro
Time: 6 minute quarters
Time between weeks: 3 days

so, depending on the time of day i create the league, that will be the time it advances each week. lets say i create the league this very minute, it is 2:37 pst (5:37 est). that means week 1 begins now. then, on Saturday afternoon at 5:37 est, week 2 would begin. then, you'd have until tuesday @ 5:37 est to complete week 2. etc etc

therefore you can estimate you'll play approximately 2 games per week. i will do my best to place you in an "est centric" division, i dont have the schedule in front of me right now but i will look at it a bit later. if you are still down to play let me know, thanks dude

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Would it be possible to make the deadline four days? Maybe 3.5? We have more than the core group of players we had in season 2 who have been very good about it. Maybe it'd be better to allow more flex time...?

And besides, my Pats need some rest!

Lonestar

sure, guess I can get 2 games in a week. Gonna have to work on the connection though, it's disconnected twice already :/ It's going through a router, might have to connect straight to the modem :(

Also, do I need to "subscribe" to any of this stuff?

EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Commissioner
EA SPORTS Fantasy Football 2005 League Manager
EA SPORTS Premium Pass presented by Dodge for Madden NFL 2005
EA SPORTS Premium Pass for Madden NFL 2005

Fifty

:lol Why is that listed twice? Yes, you need premium pass. If you can't sign up for that, you can't play in leagues.

FMT Since most of us are in the eastern zone (I think the majority of us are...) the ideal time, from talking to people in the league, seems to be a deadline like we had in season 1....11 PM eastern. It's 9 PM now, but giving us those two extra hours of prime time (plus it's not so late that we can't play the next week's games that night, late) should be a very good idea.

Lonestar

was looking through it, and it's listed twice. I didn't put it down twice for NO reason!

1 game down...well..he friendly quit at the end of the 3rd. He just scored a TD making it 9-0 him. I got him to punt twice!! WOO

I had -1 yd passing!

30 or 40 running though. Kind of fast. Moreso than NCAA 05

Says I'm subscribed to premium pass

Mrbob

Choose the Premium Pass presented by Dodge.

That one is FREE.

If you choose the regular premium pass you gotta pay 20 bucks!

EA has them both there to see if they can sucker people out of 20 who don't know any better..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:

:lol Why is that listed twice? Yes, you need premium pass. If you can't sign up for that, you can't play in leagues.

FMT Since most of us are in the eastern zone (I think the majority of us are...) the ideal time, from talking to people in the league, seems to be a deadline like we had in season 1....11 PM eastern. It's 9 PM now, but giving us those two extra hours of prime time (plus it's not so late that we can't play the next week's games that night, late) should be a very good idea.

I grew to like the deadline in season 2. Let's compromise for 10 PM EST.

Lonestar

alrighty, linked to my gamertag, seems to be working on the ea site. Gonna have to work on the connnection. Either the game is fine and the computer doesn't want to work correctly, or the game disconnects and everything else is fine.

Gonna eat now, but anyone up for putting me to shame???

Shadax

Banned
Lonestar said:
alrighty, linked to my gamertag, seems to be working on the ea site. Gonna have to work on the connnection. Either the game is fine and the computer doesn't want to work correctly, or the game disconnects and everything else is fine.

Gonna eat now, but anyone up for putting me to shame???

Lonestar, I'm around if you want to play. My AOL IM name is Atreides815, msg me when you're ready to play.

Lonestar

spanked

Mode: Ranked
Qtr Length: 4 minutes
Difficulty: All-Pro
Opponent: DJ Demon J

Score breakdown:

1 2 3 4 OT F
Lonestar 1979 (Seahawks) 0 0 0 0 0 0
DJ Demon J (Redskins) 10 17 14 3 0 44

Statistics Lonestar 1979 DJ Demon J
Rushing attempts for 13 23
Rushing yards for 28 144
Passing attempts for 15 16
Passing yards for 29 106
Punts 4 2
Field goals for 0 3
Long field goals (40+) for 0 2
Rushing touchdowns for 0 3
Passing touchdowns for 0 2
Returns touchdowns for 0 0
Defensive touchdowns for 0 0
Turnovers for 0 3
Interceptions for 0 2
Sacks for 1 6
Number of third downs 8 8
Third down conversions 1 2
No-huddle plays 0 3
Audibles called 0 3
Hot routes used 3 0
Shotgun plays 0 4
Blitzes 20 14
Time of possession 8:25 7:35
2-point conversions tried 0 0
2-point conversions succeeded 0 0
Red zone field goals 0 1
Red zone touchdowns 0 3
Red zone opportunities 1 4
First downs 6 8
First down yards 26 164
Special teams yards 87 25
Punt return yards 1 11
Punt yards 126 91
Penalties 0 2
Penalty yards 0 21
First down rushing plays 8 12
First down passing plays 6 7
Second down rushing plays 4 9
Second down passing plays 8 3
Third down rushing plays 1 2
Third down passing plays 7 6
Fourth down rushing plays 0 0
Fourth down passing plays 0 1
Passes completed 6 5
Fumbles 2 0
Fumbles recovered 0 1
Possessions 13 19
Third downs, 3 or less yards 1 1
Successes 0 0
Third downs, 4 to 9 yards 4 4
Successes 1 1
Third downs, 10 or more yards 3 3
Successes 0 1
Hurries 9 7
Knockdowns 2 5
Passes deflected 2 5
Passes tipped 0 0
Offensive yards 57 250
Total yards 144 275
Return yards 86 14
Total touchdowns 0 5

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
SO wait .... the season is available now?? I can sign up? I will do all teh sign up stuff when I gedt back from the gym then.....

Fifty

What makes you say that? FMT has said he's in the process of doing it, and you should PM him your top 5 list of teams.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Please don't tell me this is your first experience with a modern Madden...? (2004 or 2005)

Ooooh man... if you want a game and have a headset I can try and help out... Watch the tutorials at least.

Lonestar

first Madden in awhile, mainly on NCAA. Pretty much the first time online with either too :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
I think I would be.

:| Wellie,please tell me this is one big joke? :lol

Lonestar

HEY ALL, I think Wellie wants the Pats. I'm not sure if anyone noticed. He's pretty subtle. :D

Shadax

Banned
That's alright CK, it will make it all the more satisfying when I whup you and take the division championship on my way to a Superbowl ring! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!.....

....*sobs quietly in a corner*

Matrix

The thing is Ck doesnt get the first pick...someone before him can take the Pats :\ I'm not saying someone will,but all of his Pats gloating might make someone take them just to piss him off :p

http://www.easports.com/games/madden2005/onlineplay/leagues/leaguehome.jsp?leagueid=233205

sign in now ladies, the league is up and ready to go.

keep in mind that if you do choose to sign in early, one of the following may occur:

A. Someone who is set to draft above you wants the team you pick. In this case, you will have to sign out of the league and choose a different team.

B. You will tip off that you are about to choose a power team, and perhaps someone above you can't let that happen. Again, if someone else is above you and wants your team, thems the breaks boyeeeeeee!

C. You pick the packers, and then you are automatically placed in my division for 3 guaranteed beat downs, plus i will give you forefit losses for the rest of your games. Is that fair? Yes. But is it right? Also yes.

I will say that from the PM's i've gotten regarding who wants which teams, I haven't seen much conflict. Infact, as far as #1 selections go, no one has had the same wanted #1 team yet... that i can think of! Enjoy ladies!

Rorschach

Hurm...was gonna sign in, but it seems easports.com is down right now...

I'm sure it's no secret which team I want. :p

[edit] # You are not authorized to perform this action. You may need to be the commissioner or you may have been disallowed.

Do I have to be sent an invite or something?

Shadax

Banned
The league's up now Rorschach.

Although I could've taken major advantage of the draft system and picked the Patriots, Falcons or Eagles and probably easily won Season 3, I've stuck with my hometown team. Also, glad to see FMT back representing the Niners!--the Jets just didn't fit you, FMT :).

Slo

Hurry up and sign up you bastards. I want to know which team I'm going to have so I can start practicing. :)

Top Bottom