• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 14th

I have a feeling that the gaf average is going to be quite off this month as some predictions are quite well intriguing to say the least

PS4 & XB1 will probably be a lot closer than my guess - but I just have a gut feeling that all those stealthy PS4 shipments that popped up last month (Amazon et al.) will add up nicely.

[360] 142K
[3DS] 188K
[PS3] 138K
[PS4] 420K
[WIU] 79K
[XB1] 390K

I expect bumps all around and a Wii U regression to more conventional norms.

[360] 145K
[3DS] 196K
[PS3] 134K
[PS4] 410K
[WIU] 75K
[XB1] 404K

Based on anecdotal observations and industry + trade information and trends.

[XB1] 550K
[3DS] 454K
[PS4] 296K
[360] 195K
[PS3] 164K
[WIU] 45K

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Sigh yes my initial guesses tend to end up being closer, than I tinker like a madman until the numbers no longer resemble the originals at all :(

I only tried it first time last month. I had ratios pretty good but massively low balled it so did opposite this month.

Having taken a look at 2012/2013 and such for March I think I got mine.

[PS4] 325K

[X1] 400K

[3DS] 150K

[PS3] 75K

[Wii U] 90K

[Vita] 20K

I expect the X1 to have a ... reasonable bump from Titanfall, but nothing close to what was expected. I really thought that game would sell 4-5 million copies over the different platforms and push the X1 close to 600-700K sales for the next few months. Was WAY off I think.

So I will keep them winning the month but not by a margin that would make any corp happy with their current situation. PS4 sales out anyway, so I will keep with the average but slighly more thanks to Infamous and go close to 350K but not quite there.

Based on anecdotal observations and industry + trade information and trends.

[XB1] 550K
[3DS] 454K
[PS4] 296K
[360] 195K
[PS3] 164K
[WIU] 45K

That would be amazingly impressive for the 3DS imo

I only tried it first time last month. I had ratios pretty good but massively low balled it so did opposite this month.

Yeah we all lowballed it last month because of how crazy January was

I expect the gaf average to be quite off ball this month too but we'll see :\

Predicting things is hard

Into

[PS4] 390k
[XB1] 435k
[360] 71k
[3DS] 180k
[Vita] 29k
[PS3] 60k
[WiiU] 110k

Sticking with my numbers, maybe XB1 and PS4 are slightly too high, but increased availability for PS4 and TF for XB1 i think will push both.

I also predict with 99% certainty that Titanfall has sold 1 million and MS will lump that PR with this NPD, which i think they will/should win. It makes the most sense

Kriken

[360] 45K
[PS3] 60K
[XB1] 380K
[PS4] 370K
[WIU] 65K
[3DS] 140K

PS4 and XB1 has Infamous and Titanfall respectively and Wii U regresses

FTF

First time predicting so here goes nothing:

[PS4] 355K
[XB1] 340K
[3DS] 135K
[360] 90K
[PS3] 85K
[WIU] 65K

I also predict with 99% certainty that Titanfall has sold 1 million and MS will lump that PR with this NPD, which i think they will/should win. It makes the most sense

While I think you are correct that MS will use TF numbers during the PR blitzing, I suspect TF is over 1 million and it will be like 1.5 - 1.7M sold personally

Chobel

While I think you are correct that MS will use TF numbers during the PR blitzing, I suspect TF is over 1 million and it will be like 1.5 - 1.7M sold personally

That means Titanfall will have an attach rate higher than 33%.
(No way Xbone is more than 4.5M)

That means Titanfall will have an attach rate higher than 33%.
(No way Xbone is more than 4.5M)

If it's MS PR it would include 360 at least [although that seems a drop in the bucket] but I think EA will release something and MS can piggyback on that

I'm thinking more total TF sales but I guess maybe MS doesn't want to say that

A 33% attach rate is crazy, probably 20 - 25% at best so maybe 1.2M XB1?

I honestly have a blindspot when it comes to accurately gauging how TF will do

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
If it's MS PR it would include 360 at least [although that seems a drop in the bucket] but I think EA will release something and MS can piggyback on that

25% in UK week 1 so US may be similar. Must be higher than that now right enough if just about every XB1 has TF included.

Accident

A close to 33% attach rate is not unheard of for games released near the launch of a new console. e.g. Gears of War, Halo 3

S¡mon

Banned
S¡mon;107160356 said:
Ah, I was waiting for this thread.

[360] 125,000
[3DS] 109,000
[PS3]113,000
[PS4] 408,000
[WIU] 102,000
[XB1] 516,000
Maybe I went a little overboard with my XB1 and WIU numbers. Still... #believe.

The Llama

Heh, I feel the same. Its so hard to really judge, which is a bit unfortunate for our predictions because MS really bet everything on it being a massive success. Can't wait for these NPD's.

Deku Tree

Heh, I feel the same. Its so hard to really judge, which is a bit unfortunate for our predictions because MS really bet everything on it being a massive success. Can't wait for these NPD's.

I don't know what is going on with TF. But given the lack of a PR statement from EA or MS, and the widespread discounting of the X1 Titanfall Bundle. I am assuming that TF was not a massive success up to their expectations. Although I am sure that whatever the numbers are, their PR departments will try to claim some sort of a wonderful success somehow.

S¡mon;108227520 said:
Maybe I went a little overboard with my XB1 and WIU numbers. Still... #believe.

I think WiiU will be a little higher than the usual 50k average because last month only had 9 days of the DKC Tropical Freeze bump but I still think it will be way, way below 100k (I went with 65k). I hope I'm wrong because at this point a new 100k per month baseline would be considered a small victory for the failing console.

Yep March NPD should be one to remember. I expect TF to have done incredibly well for what it is [a new IP on 3 platforms] but I'm curious on XB1 numbers this month with the bundles and price cuts

No countdown clock yet?

Here

Time left to NPD releases approximately (PR starts within an hour or two after this)

t1397764800z1.png

I think WiiU will be a little higher than the usual 50k average because last month only had 9 days of the DKC Tropical Freeze bump but I still think it will be way, way below 100k (I went with 65k). I hope I'm wrong because at this point a new 100k per month baseline would be considering a small victory for the failing console.

Yeah Wii U is hard to predict. I have it at 74K I think just because I think it'll be up but not by too much

Top Bottom