• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

magiustra

Vinnk said:
So anything other than DQ:Swords and MNG5 I should look for tomorrow?

In Italy (or, at least, near Milan) I really can't find Classic Controllers, Nunchuks and Wii Points Cards. I'm just curious... What's the situation in Japan? Can you check for controllers and stuff? Thanks :)

apujanata

magiustra said:
In Italy (or, at least, near Milan) I really can't find Classic Controllers, Nunchuks and Wii Points Cards. I'm just curious... What's the situation in Japan? Can you check for controllers and stuff? Thanks :)

I believe Vinnk has noted sometime in the past that it is easy to find classic controller & Nunchuks. No idea about the Wii Points.

Vinnk, I second the Wii points Cards request (since I heard that it is also not readily available in US).

Vinnk

apujanata said:
I believe Vinnk has noted sometime in the past that it is easy to find classic controller & Nunchuks. No idea about the Wii Points.

Vinnk, I second the Wii points Cards request (since I heard that it is also not readily available in US).

Very easy to find that stuff. Some convienence stores even sell points.

As for Dragon Quest:Swords, I stopped at two stores after work today. Both were sold out. Sales might be low this week not because of lack or interest, but rather,lack of stock.

Vinnk said:
As for Dragon Quest:Swords, I stopped at two stores after work today. Both were sold out. Sales might be low this week not because of lack or interest, but rather,lack of stock.
Damn.

Anyone how this will affect the eventual LTD of the game? Will the demand be hampered somewhat because of lack of supply or will it bounce back next week once the new shipments come in?

Thanks for the mini-reports, btw.

maxmars

magiustra said:

In Modena there's plenty of them. We don't get NRU early, but we get accessories aplenty. :lol

Grampasso

laserbeam said:
Taking out those 2 titles then lowers the sales average to 84,168 units per game.still a pretty good jump over the competition. roughly a 66% higher total
To be fair we shouldn't count the 2 highest selling titles for PS3...

Lobster

Banned
basik said:
I wondered why nintendo was putting mario party 8 out on the same day as dewey... then I saw the full release list

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure
gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
its a wonderful world (july 27th)
ds+ wonderful bundle
some other stuff I forget

ps3:
minna golf
minna + ps3 bundle
some midnight racing game

I dont have the list in front of me now but from what I looked at yesterday it seems nintendo is trying to do another nintendomination top 10... bad news for sony if minna cant even get in the top 10... we'll see if it happens.

Wow. This shits gonna be epic.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
basik said:
I wondered why nintendo was putting mario party 8 out on the same day as dewey... then I saw the full release list

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure
gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
ds+ wonderful bundle

ps3:
minna golf
minna + ps3 bundle

I dont have the list in front of me now but from what I looked at yesterday it seems nintendo is trying to do another nintendomination top 10... bad news for sony if minna cant even get in the top 10... we'll see if it happens.

This is going to be interesting, if Nintendo can distract people from buying a PS3 this week, Sony's biggest week since Gundam, then it's game over for PS3 this year, I still seeing PS3 at 50k next week, (As per my previous estimations), but Nintendo don't want them even doing that, evil gits.

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure
gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
ds+ wonderful bundle

ps3:
minna golf
minna + ps3 bundle

Jesus Christ, just when PS3 has a potentially LanceStern success game :D, Nintendo fires back with a more then decent lineup. Game Over.

Could somebody, preferably residing in Japan, please list all the Training and software type games internally developed by Nintendo.

I tried looking on the interenet, but all the EAD lists are not finished, and half the games are not released outside of Japan, so the website haven't bothered to list them.

As far as I know:

Brain Training
Big Brain Academy
More Brain Training
English Training
More English Training
General Knowledge Trainging (Common Sense)
Cooking Navigator (not sure if EAD, but there seems to have been many iterations)

Now there are a few dictionaries, and Kanji training, but again, I'm not sure if they are EAD or not. And which ones are 3rd party.

Then there's :-

Observation Training (Flash Focus....., again not sure if EAD)
My Housekeeping Diary (this seems to be synSophia, 3rd party)

A definitive list of Internally developed, EAD training games and software please. And maybe another with Nintendo published, but not developed as well.

Thanks to all contributers.

creamsugar

Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

1.Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 (PS2) - 147,990
2.DQS (Wii) - 66,720(368,790)
3.Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Wii (Wii) - 46,280
4.Zelda PH (DS) - 45,540(647,790)
5.Wii Sports (Wii) - 34,840(1,783,740)

polluar

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

not bad for jikkyou powerful pro baseball Wii regarding the difference between the PS2 and Wii's installed base

DQS will reach easily 500 000 which is very good for this spinn off

Zelda leg's are just amazing !!!!

DS is unstoppable

Isn't it a huge drop for the PSP? maybe due to the announcement of a "lite" version

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

That was rather early. Thanks. Huge DQS supply problems. It should have done over 100K at the very least.

And indeed, the 8:2 difference didn't quite hold up for the week. Nintendo type market legs showing itself(always sells better on the weekend)?

Bo130

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Interesting week it seems. DQS doesn't seem near as good as I had hoped for. Zelda seems to have a big drop this week and if the 4:1 figure for Jikkyou was true, then the Wii-version have caught pretty well up already.

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

DQS's second week on par with Zelda PH. Hardware sales are the usual.

Bo130 said:
Interesting week it seems. DQS doesn't seem near as good as I had hoped for. Zelda seems to have a big drop this week and if the 4:1 figure for Jikkyou was true, then the Wii-version have caught pretty well up already.
DQS is heavily supply constraint, it seems.

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

Nice on DQS and Zelda.

Wii Sports keeps on ticking.

rakka

titiklabingapat said:
Nope, Vink anecdotally says they are sold out and the 350k shipment and SE's shipment pattern(it can take two weeks to get stock in stores after initial shipment sells out) supports that notion.

I see, thx.

ziran

Famitsu Top 10 July 16-22:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/25/103,1185347310,75820,0,0.html

1. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 (PS2)
2. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)
3. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 (Wii)
4. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)
5. Wii Sports (Wii)
6. Kouchuu Ouja: Mushi King Super Collection (NDS)
7. Naruto: Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 5
8. Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (NDS)
9. Wii Play (Wii)
10. My Housekeeping Diary (NDS)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not bad DQS numbers considering its most likely supply constrained.

How is the Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 Wii numbers compared to similar consoles with 3M userbases? bad, average, decent?

Interesting to note that Jikkyou PS2 to Wii ratio was 8:1 for first day sales, by weeks end its now 3:1. Wii has the advantage when it comes to legs. How long are the legs? We will see.

kottila

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

Nice numbers for the wiiversion. Thought the PS2 would outsell it by more than 3:1.

Vinnk

I will visit more stores tomorrow and see if I can find any copies of DQ:S. Of course as I always say, my report does not reflect all of Japan, just my little chunk of it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Vinnk said:
I will visit more stores tomorrow and see if I can find any copies of DQ:S. Of course as I always say, my report does not reflect all of Japan, just my little chunk of it.

Give yourself and your town some credit- your anecdotal evidence always seems to match up with the charts.

the thoroughbred said:
Could somebody, preferably residing in Japan, please list all the Training and software type games internally developed by Nintendo.

I tried looking on the interenet, but all the EAD lists are not finished, and half the games are not released outside of Japan, so the website haven't bothered to list them.

As far as I know:

Brain Training
Big Brain Academy
More Brain Training
English Training
More English Training
Cooking Navigator (not sure if EAD, but there seems to have been many iterations)

Now there are a few dictionaries, and Kanji training, but again, I'm not sure if they are EAD or not. And which ones are 3rd party.

A definitive list of Internally developed, EAD training games and software please. And maybe another with Nintendo published, but not developed as well.

Stop ignoring this post. Its really important to the poster. He told me so.

nli10

the thoroughbred said:
Stop ignoring this post. Its really important to the poster. He told me so.

Pretty sure they did 'not posting off-topic in a sales thread' training at some point too. :D

Seriously though you'd get more responses if you started a new topic just on training stuff or posted this in the Brain Training/Wii Brain Academy thread (and lots of lol non-games topic responses too).

ziran

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

Thanks.

Two 3rd party Wii games in the top 5!

Decent numbers for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 on Wii, it could pass 100K. As supplies of DQS ease it'll be interesting to see how much it continues to sell. I expect 500-600K should happen relatively easily.

Zelda continues to have good legs, which is great to see.

the thoroughbred said:

As far as I know:

Brain Training
Big Brain Academy
More Brain Training
English Training
More English Training

From what I'm aware of from credits and Shikamaru Ninja:

Brain Training - SPD 4
More Brain Training - SPD 4
English Training - SPD 4 (co-developed with Plato)
More English Training - SPD 4 (co-developed with Plato)
Kanji Training - SPD 4
Big Brain Academy - EAD 4
Big Brain Academy Wii - EAD 4
General Knowledge Trainging (Common Sense) - HAL Labs
Adult Face Training - Intelligent Systems
Flash Focus - Bandai Namco
Point and Speak Phrasebooks - Tose
Cooking Navigator - ?
1000 Recipes - ? (says The Orange Company on the website)
Magic Taizen - ?

All the published games from Nintendo have a team managing the title, often SPD 3.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

Wii - 75,680
PS2 - 16,230
PS3 - 13,440
360 - 2,770
DSL - 143,490
PSP - 29,260

Zelda has very nice legs. It'll become million seller soon.

ziran said:
Thanks.

Two 3rd party Wii games in the top 5!

Decent numbers for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 14 on Wii, it could pass 100K. As supplies of DQS ease it'll be interesting to see how much it continues to sell. I expect 500-600K should happen relatively easily.

Zelda continues to have good legs, which is great to see.

From what I'm aware of from credits and Shikamaru Ninja:

Brain Training - SPD 4
More Brain Training - SPD 4
English Training - SPD 4 (co-developed with Plato)
More English Training - SPD 4 (co-developed with Plato)
Kanji Training - SPD 4
Big Brain Academy - EAD 4
Big Brain Academy Wii - EAD 4
General Knowledge Trainging (Common Sense) - HAL Labs
Adult Face Training - Intelligent Systems
Flash Focus - Bandai Namco
Point and Speak Phrasebooks - Tose
Cooking Navigator - ?
1000 Recipes - ? (says The Orange Company on the website)
Magic Taizen - ?

All the published games from Nintendo have a team managing the title, often SPD 3.

SPD? Sorry no idea what this is.

Adult Face training, when was this released? IS at a training game, ingredients for a good game/software.

ziran

the thoroughbred said:
SPD? Sorry no idea what this is.

Adult Face training, when was this released? IS at a training game, ingredients for a good game/software.
Nintendo has two major internal divisions within its Kyoto headquarters:

Entertainment Analysis and Development (EAD), 5 divisions:
EAD 1 - Hideki Konno (Nintendogs, Mario Kart DS)
EAD 2 - Katsuya Eguchi (Animal Crossing Wild World, Wii Sports, Wii Play)
EAD 3 - Eiji Aonuma (Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
EAD 4 - Hiroyuki Kimura (Yoshi Touch & Go, New Super Mario Bros., Big Brain Academy)
EAD 5 - Takao Shimizu (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Super Mario Galaxy)

Software Planning and Development (SPD), 4 divisions:
SPD 1 - Yoshio Sakamoto (Metroid Fusion, Rhythm Tengoku, WarioWare Smooth Moves)
SPD 2 - Hitoshi Yamagami (Dr. Mario, Super Princess Peach, Tetris DS)
SPD 3 - Kensuke Tanabe (co-developments with other internal teams and 3rd parties, e.g. Metroid Prime, Battalion Wars)
SPD 4 - Shinya Takakashi (Brain Training, English Training, Kanji Training, Band Bros.)

However, there is some inter-changeability with these teams, with staff forming new teams for specific projects.

Adult Face Training is co-developed by Intelligent Systems, and comes with a camera, it's not out yet, due for release next week, Aug 2nd:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ykoj/index.html

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Dragona Akehi said:
FFIII debacle redux?
This is weird since I doubt that DVD-based media are difficult to produce unlike FFIII and the DS cards. Maybe they underestimated the market demand.

Jokeropia

Good Famitsu numbers.
PC Gaijin said:
Saturn cleared a million inside of nine months. Barely. Went on to sell over five and a half million, which is respectable. I think at this point Sony would be happy with even Saturn levels of success in Japan. :lol
Can you post the complete Saturn sales chart if you have it? Because at this point (9 months) it's tracking well behind Gamecube, and I'd like to see when it picked up a bit.

DQS first shipment was going to be 250k but in the end, it became 350k (f*cking my prediction in the process). So hey...SE just has to stalk Nintendo for a quick second shipment.

Other numbers this week:
NDS Naruto 5 - 30k (going some little more down than last one, which was quite down from the first three titles)
NDS Mushiking - 30k
NDS That Detective game - 20k
Wii Momotaro Densetsu 16 - 10k (uh, that Hudson rep was really right about demand being irregular)
PS2 Nodame Cantabile (and another game 'Boy something') - 4k
PS2 Monster Hunter 2 The Best! - 5k
PS2 Ultraman 3 - 3k
PS2 Basara Double Pack - 3k

donny2112

Dragona Akehi said:
FFIII debacle redux?

Tridux? DQM:Joker had severe shortages off and on for a few weeks, too. Basically, Square-Enix should take whatever they think their initial orders should be for a game on a Nintendo platform and add 50%.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
They can't afford to mess up the shipments of DQIX. This game is serious business, the most purchased SE games in Japan.

Top Bottom