• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

Jammy

Banned
sebthelobster said:
I dont know if you guys know about this series. But Powerful Pro baseball is by far the most fun baseball game I have ever played.

It uses a lego-like figure and plays like any normal baseball game would.

The real juice tho, is the RPG mode it has. You play as a new baseball player fresh out of highschool and into the team. There you will meet friends, rivalries, and raise your ability through lots of whacky whacky training. You can even find a frankestein-like doctor to "enhance" your body so you can run faster/throw faster etc.

And upon success you can use your god-like player and put them into your team. It is seriously awesome. More depth than all the EA sports games put together.

I seem to remember picking up this game all the way back in the SFC days.... I can honestly say this is one of my favourite series. But it is kind of depressing to see the sales declining. Maybe it has something to do with high profile players from Japan moving to the Major league in the USA. :(

here is some OP video, alot of hot-blooded baseball fun

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iqk5j53gkWk&mode=related&search=

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJJ6lAhOY8&mode=related&search=

I'd pick up the Wii one if it got localized. I could imagine it having controls like Wii Sports and unrivaled baseball depth... especially given the other baseball games on the system. Konami should really think of bringing this stateside. There's no reason the Backyard Baseball series can have "success" and this not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Holy **** what did Lance do to this thread? I couldn't bear any more after page 14. Let me know if I missed anything great.

Anyway, sorry I'm late. Stuff up shortly.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PantherLotus said:
Holy **** what did Lance do to this thread? I couldn't bear any more after page 14. Let me know if I missed anything great.

You're our only hope

Xeke

Banned
schuelma said:
You're are only hope

LeiaHologramGrab5.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
NEXT GEN WEEKLY SALES 33

mc-weekly-pie-33.jpg

mc-weekly-line-33.jpg

Since 11/27/07:
33 Total Weeks of Next Gen sales.
27 Total Weeks of post-holiday sales.

Trends & Predictions
Trends are determined by the last 4 weeks of data. Averages are determined by total sales divided by the number of weeks posted above. Outside factors are considered (such as big releases, holidays, etc) when determining current trends and establishing predictions. Results are not an average. Previous week's success rate included for accountability.

360 - Established Trend: 2-4k. Next Gen Avg = 6,502. Post Holiday Avg = 3,913.
Wii - Rising Trend: 74-95k. Next Gen Avg = 92,708. Post Holiday Avg = 72,015.
PS3 - Rising Trend: 9-13k. Next Gen Avg = 29,596. Post Holiday Avg = 16,636.

Expectations for 07/16 - 07/21
360 - 2.8k <-- within 0.8k the previous week
Wii - 92k <-- outside of 35k the previous week :(
PS3 - 13k <-- within 2k the previous week

mc-LTD-33.jpg

mc-marketshare-pie-33.jpg

Significant Notes:
&#9679; The Wii has extended its lead to 2,082,705 over the PS3.
&#9679; 126,019 consoles sold this week. Wii had 86.96% of all console sales.
&#9679; The Wii has outsold the PS3 8.12:1 this week.
&#9679; The PS3 has been selling better every week for 5 weeks. (8.7k --> 13.5k)
&#9679; The Wii hit 3 million units sold in less than 9 months. On track to hit 5 million in its first year.
&#9679; The PS3 still has not hit its first million, after 9 months on sale. On track to hit 1 million in 2 weeks.
&#9679; I continue the 75% market share watch party. I'm calling it late November. I stand by this prediction. Incidentally, the Wii gained 0.5% this week alone.

Tiktaalik

&#9679; The Wii hit 3 million units sold in less than 9 months. On track to hit 5 million in its first year.
&#9679; The PS3 still has not hit its first million, after 9 months on sale. On track to hit 1 million in 2 weeks.

How do these numbers compare to previous consoles? What other consoles have been able to hit 3 million in less than 9 months for example. Or what other major consoles failed to hit 1 million after 9 months. Were the able to bounce back a bit?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tiktaalik said:
How do these numbers compare to previous consoles? What other consoles have been able to hit 3 million in less than 9 months for example. Or what other major consoles failed to hit 1 million after 9 months. Were the able to bounce back a bit?

PS2.

Saturn.

No.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PantherLotus said:

Spazzed out as he usually does. Eventually admitted that people who think the 300k LanceStern Golden Standard of Success is a crock of shit have a "Good Point". Posted pictures of a guy in a Luigi costume. Tried to get people to subscribe to his sales newsletter.

Xeke

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Spazzed out as he usually does. Eventually admitted that people who think the 300k LanceStern Golden Standard of Success is a crock of shit have a "Good Point". Posted pictures of a guy in a Luigi costume. Tried to get people to subscribe to his sales newsletter.

He made it longer than I personally expected.

&#9679; The Wii has extended its lead to 2,082,705 over the PS3.
&#9679; 126,019 consoles sold this week. Wii had 86.96% of all console sales.
&#9679; The Wii has outsold the PS3 8.12:1 this week.
&#9679; The PS3 has been selling better every week for 5 weeks. (8.7k --> 13.5k)
&#9679; I continue the 75% market share watch party. I'm calling it late November. I stand by this prediction. Incidentally, the Wii gained 0.5% this week alone.

Crazy numbers. Every week are always crazier.

basik

I wondered why nintendo was putting mario party 8 out on the same day as dewey... then I saw the full release list

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure
gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
its a wonderful world (july 27th)
ds+ wonderful bundle
some other stuff I forget

ps3:
minna golf
minna + ps3 bundle
some midnight racing game

I dont have the list in front of me now but from what I looked at yesterday it seems nintendo is trying to do another nintendomination top 10... bad news for sony if minna cant even get in the top 10... we'll see if it happens.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
basik said:
I dont have the list in front of me now but from what I looked at yesterday it seems nintendo is trying to do another nintendomination top 10... bad news for sony if minna cant even get in the top 10... we'll see if it happens.

Unless MinGol sells less than 30k or so, it'll make the top 10, and that's assuming everything else does awesome. Most weeks 17k-23k are the 10th place sales numbers. Someone has a graph of that value, actually, but I can't remember who.

Xeke

Banned
basik said:
I wondered why nintendo was putting mario party 8 out on the same day as dewey... then I saw the full release list

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure
gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
ds+ wonderful bundle

ps3:
minna golf
minna + ps3 bundle
some midnight racing game

MnG will be in the top 10, don't be silly.

Innotech

Banned
MNG will definitely hit the top 10, perhaps even the top 5, but it will be surrounded by Wii/DS software. looking at these graphs just further hammers home the point that Sony has lost Japan. Even massive FF13 sales wouldnt be enough to boost Ps3 high enough to outsell the wii consistently. Perhaps at its launch and a few subsequent weeks after, but it wont be a trend.

Xeke

Banned
Innotech said:
MNG will definitely hit the top 10, perhaps even the top 5, but it will be surrounded by Wii/DS software. looking at these graphs just further hammers home the point that Sony has lost Japan. Even massive FF13 sales wouldnt be enough to boost Ps3 high enough to outsell the wii consistently. Perhaps at its launch and a few subsequent weeks after, but it wont be a trend.

FFXIII won't cause the PS3 to outsell the Wii.

Innotech

Banned
Xeke said:
FFXIII won't cause the PS3 to outsell the Wii.

hard to say for the week that it comes out. the hype will be great. Plus the userbase SHOULD be a good bit higher than it is now. At least PSP level. At that level it could concievably outsell the Wii if theres nothing really good out that week (but knowing how nintendo is plannig releases they probably will have something major to counter it)

Im being generous here.

basik

Hello Kitty's Dressing Party Sanrio Character Illustration DS (Japan Version)
From Software
Expected Release Date: July 26, 2007

do hello kitty games sell?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Thomper said:
Both are retailer pre-orders, so the amount of games stores will have in stock. In no way does this mean that either of these games will sell that amount in their first week.
Oh...

Weisheit

Innotech said:
hard to say for the week that it comes out. the hype will be great. Plus the userbase SHOULD be a good bit higher than it is now. At least PSP level. At that level it could concievably outsell the Wii if theres nothing really good out that week (but knowing how nintendo is plannig releases they probably will have something major to counter it)

Im being generous here.
NO, not even close.

Aeris130

Weisheit said:
NO, not even close.

While it's unlikely to outsell the Wii while remaining at PSP level, 30k the same week FFXIII hits sounds rather plausible. Unless you meant that it'll sell boatloads more, that is.

donny2112

I believe the original poster was saying that the PS3 would have the same LTD when FFXIII launched as the PSP does now (5.7 million). Weisheit's response was to that concept.

Weisheit

Aeris130 said:
While it's unlikely to outsell the Wii while remaining at PSP level, 30k the same week FFXIII hits sounds rather plausible. Unless you meant that it'll sell boatloads more, that is.
Not sure what your referring to but he said

"Plus the userbase SHOULD be a good bit higher than it is now. At least PSP level"

Whens FF13 supposed to hit, a year, no way in hell does the PS3 sell 4million units between now and than.

Aeris130

Weisheit said:
Not sure what your referring to but he said
Whens FF13 supposed to hit, a year, no way in hell does the PS3 sell 4million units between now and than.

Ah, yes. I was looking at the first quote and though he referred to weekly sales.

Weisheit

donny2112 said:
I believe the original poster was saying that the PS3 would have the same LTD when FFXIII launched as the PSP does now (5.7 million). Weisheit's response was to that concept.
Thank you

apujanata

Haunted One said:
Thanks, Panther. Good overview as always.

Numbers get more depressing every month
for Sony and MS fans.

I think MS fans are used to it, now, after several years with XBOX and X360.

Where did everyone go ? NPD Thread to celebrate the trouncing of PS3 and X360 by DSL & Wii (I overpredict Wii, while underpredic DSL, since I was hoping that US will get the same # of Wii as Japan).

PC Gaijin

PantherLotus said:
PS2.

Saturn.

No.

Saturn cleared a million inside of nine months. Barely. Went on to sell over five and a half million, which is respectable. I think at this point Sony would be happy with even Saturn levels of success in Japan. :lol

apujanata

Vinnk said:
So anything other than DQ:Swords and MNG5 I should look for tomorrow?

Any update on DQ Swords you can do today (before the regular Vinnk's village report) ? You promised that you will update the status, but I didn't notice any post by you yet.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I cant believe how straight the Wii sales line is. Absolutely NO weekly decrease in sales for like 9 straight months since launch. Unbelievable.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
basik said:

july 26:
wii:

mario party 8
dewys adventure

gundam
guilty gear wii
some puyo puyo game

ds:
ds+ wonderful bundle

What is wrong with Nintendo? The rule of thumb is to never let great games like that conflict with each other.

They should have spread it out so we could have gotten chart topping goodness for 4 weeks in a row.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hcoregamer00 said:
What is wrong with Nintendo? The rule of thumb is to never let great games like that conflict with each other.

They should have spread it out so we could have gotten chart topping goodness for 4 weeks in a row.
I think it's more them going for Sony's throat and countering MnG5 with everything they've got.

laserbeam

Banned
apujanata said:
Do anyone think Japanese will queue for Minna No Golf 5 ? I think they will not, but I might be wrong.

Retailers ordered nearly double the units of Hot shots 5 for Mario party 8. Think they suspect mario party 8 to draw bigger lines

sphinx

the piano man
apujanata said:
Do anyone think Japanese will queue for Minna No Golf 5 ? I think they will not, but I might be wrong.

I think the last time there were queues for something videogame related was for Monster Hunter portable 2. Strange enough, japanese have refused to make lines for other things ( Zelda: PH and Dragon Quest:S come to mind ) I don't think any current WII or PS3 game has given the japanese enough reason to make lines.

Top Bottom