• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 9/3 - 9/9 2007

Vinnk

Izzy said:
I think it's time for Vinnk report.

Sorry guys. The internet at my old appartment was shut off. I won't have a net connection at the new place until the 28th. I am writing this from my cell phone now. I will have internet at TGS but I don't know if I'll have time to put up a report.  Sorry.

Vinnk

ksamedi said:
Isnt Japan going into a economic crisis again? I remember hearing something like that.

Not any more a a crisis than it has been in the Koizumi years (PS2, DS). I expect no impact to game sales at all. If the economy ever does take a nosedive though, I think a certain high-priced consol will be in a world of hurt when people who want to play it have to take a 6th job.

ksamedi said:
Isnt Japan going into a economic crisis again? I remember hearing something like that.
Well since the bubble economy burst in the early 90's Japan's economy had been in a slump but the economy has been growing for over 3 years now.

Problem is the US real estate crisis, which kind of resembles the bursting of the economic bubble in Japan. I think that's why a lot of analysts paint a dark picture. It could also have an effect on the domestic demand, which has been driving the japanese economy.

Oh and there's also the recently announced withdrawal of Abe which casts a shadow of doubt on the political stability (which was hurt before due to a series of political scandals).

But I wouldn't worry too much, the China business is still strong and I don't think domestic demand will take a serious hit.

Izzy

Banned
Vinnk said:
Sorry guys. The internet at my old appartment was shut off. I won't have a net connection at the new place until the 28th. I am writing this from my cell phone now. I will have internet at TGS but I don't know if I'll have time to put up a report.  Sorry.

It's OK, I was on holidays this summer, and most of the posts I made were from the cell phone. It's a pain in the arse, but you'll get used to it...:)

Parl

So, for fun, what's people's forecasts for LTD 2008 in Japan for Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP?

Mine:

DS: 32,000,000
360: 1,050,000

(Can't be bothered with the rest for now. DS was a quick and dirty forecast. 360, fairly dirty, but thought out.)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Parl said:
So, for fun, what's people's forecasts for LTD 2008 in Japan for Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP?

Mine:

DS: 32,000,000
360: 1,050,000

(Can't be bothered with the rest for now. DS was a quick and dirty forecast. 360, fairly dirty, but thought out.)

How about Japan, that is the interesting one.

Parl said:
Yeah, this is pretty quickly figured, and "Hello future boy!" to anyone actually checking this out at the end of next year.

DS: 28 million
Wii: 9.5 million
PSP: 8.0 million
PS3: 3.5 million
360: 0.75 million

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bah I didn't know where to post this:

- In a recent interview in Nikkei News, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada said the company will adopt worldwide simultaneous release and multi-platform development strategy for the next-gen market, the reason is to reach broader audience worldwide.

sphinx

the piano man
Ether_Snake said:
Bah I didn't know where to post this:

- In a recent interview in Nikkei News, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada said the company will adopt worldwide simultaneous release and multi-platform development strategy for the next-gen market, the reason is to reach broader audience worldwide.

Now expect someone to open a topic with this exact info the next 18 hours. You may as well open up a thread and get the credit for getting the info faster.

so, I wonder what does the text in italics means.. kingdom hearts for Wii/PSP/PS2?

tanod

when is my burrito
sphinx said:
Now expect someone to open a topic with this exact info the next 18 hours. You may as well open up a thread and get the credit for getting the info faster.

so, I wonder what does the text in italics means.. kingdom hearts for Wii/PSP/PS2?

Not really anything new though. That's why they're making Last Remnant.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Capcom is the "smartest" Japanese company right now because they are well implemented on all systems and are the first to have a true multiplatform stance, so I expect other companies like Square to follow.

Kosma

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Capcom is the "smartest" Japanese company right now because they are well implemented on all systems and are the first to have a true multiplatform stance, so I expect other companies like Square to follow.

Not to mention they seem to be able to tap into both the EU/US and Japanese market at the same time.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
cvxfreak said:
Magic Box... generally untrustworthy.

Yeah I know it's just some average site but they don't invent news, they just also post rumors. That is not a rumor:p

creamsugar

Famitsu

DSL 74000
PSP 99000
PS2 14000
PS3 12000
Wii 30000
360 1700

1.Pokemon 584000
2.CCFF7 470000
3.Fate 53000
4.ACE3 40000(197000)
5.FFCC 22000(339000)

21.CRサクラ 10000
26.学研TOEIC 8000
外.HALOパック 4600
外.オロチ360 3600
外.メガゾーン 1100

6.MP8 21000(801000)
7.太鼓DS 19000(125000)
9.家計 14000(194000)
18.ブレスト 11000(96000)
19.逆裁3 11000(117000)
23.Hot Shot Golf5 9000(314000)
28.Zelda PH 6000(784000)

evilromero said:
PSP sales beating out DS? I'll have to wait for further confirmation. That is just a huge difference in numbers.
Have you been following Media-Create recently? That's not hard to believe at all.

taconinja said:
The part that surprises me is the new Pokemon spin-off outselling FFVII CC. o_O

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

I figured the opposite. DS still beating PSP, but FF7 CC beating Pokemon.

FrankT

Low numbers again I see outside of the PSP pop. 30K for Wii, what's going on with this and 12K for the PS3 back to pre-MNG levels. Got to be some credibility to diverting Wii shipments out of Japan or it's just a lull but for how long?

Elios83

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

DSL 74000
PSP 99000
PS2 14000
PS3 12000
Wii 30000
360 1700

1.Pokemon 584000
2.CCFF7 470000
3.Fate 53000
4.ACE3 40000(197000)
5.FFCC 22000(339000)

21.CRサクラ 10000
26.学研TOEIC 8000
外.HALOパック 4600
外.オロチ360 3600
外.メガゾーン 1100

6.MP8 21000(801000)
7.太鼓DS 19000(125000)
9.家計 14000(194000)
18.ブレスト 11000(96000)
19.逆裁3 11000(117000)
23.Hot Shot Golf5 9000(314000)
28.Zelda PH 6000(784000)

But I thought PSP had been already buried during TGS06!:lol :lol

FrankT

titiklabingapat said:
I suggest you delete that cause they suspciously look banned.

Not from a ban site from what I can tell and all of those sources are not banned either from what I can see.

taconinja

titiklabingapat said:
Well, Pokemon is still bigger than Final Fantasy by a very significant margin.
True. I had no illusions in that regard. I thought perhaps the push FF was getting would move it to number one for a week with Pokemon pulling ahead after that and staying there.

Mr. Pointy said:
Likewise. This is pretty screwed up.

This'll probably be the first not-boring MC thread since That Easter.

I think the same. Anyway, the fact that PSP almost reached 100k is a success and I don't understand why a lot of guys here think the opposite.

ziran

Famitsu Top 10 Sept 10-16:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1210637_1124.html

1. Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon (NDS)
2. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
3. Fate/Tiger Colosseum (PSP)
4. Another Century's Episode 3 The Final (PS2)
5. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates (NDS)
6. Mario Party 8 (Wii)
7. Taiko no Tatsujin DS (NDS)
8. Wii Sports (Wii)
9. My Housekeeping Diary (NDS)
10. Sengoku Musou 2 Mushouden (PS2)

Wow. The fall-off for Wii has been pretty dramatic, and I doubt it can be attributed to diversion of shipments or stockpiling for the holiday season as the system seems to be in ready supply now. I suspect a mix of factors – a normally slow sales period, Wii Sports finally pushing the system as far as it can, a relatively bare catalogue of games outside of key Nintendo titles etc. - are bringing the system back down to Earth, and I'll be interested to see where it bottoms out. I doubt anyone at Nintendo is fretting too much, though, as we're almost in to the holiday season and there are a set of huge titles on the horizon that should propel the system back up again & keep it selling.

Cosmonaut X said:
Wow. The fall-off for Wii has been pretty dramatic, and I doubt it can be attributed to diversion of shipments or stockpiling for the holiday season as the system seems to be in ready supply now. I suspect a mix of factors – a normally slow sales period, Wii Sports finally pushing the system as far as it can, a relatively bare catalogue of games outside of key Nintendo titles etc. - are bringing the system back down to Earth, and I'll be interested to see where it bottoms out. I doubt anyone at Nintendo is fretting too much, though, as we're almost in to the holiday season and there are a set of huge titles on the horizon that should propel the system back up again & keep it selling.

Agreed. It is a combination of factors without doubts. The trend will reverse when some big title will come out and we'll see a big explosion with Galaxy and Smash and then Wii Fit in January.

tanod

when is my burrito
Segata Sanshiro said:
Great to see the streams cross, but the puzzling drop of everything else continues.

JoshuaJSlone's "if they sell at their current rates" post should be particularly entertaining this week. :)

Well, if Famitsu matches up to MC this week (I know they almost always don't), it looks like Wii might have a floor of about 30,000 units/week.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Agreed. It is a combination of factors without doubts. The trend will reverse when some big title will come out and we'll see a big explosion with Galaxy and Smash and then Wii Fit in January.
Isn't Wii Fit supposed to be released in December in Japan?

Top Bottom