• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 9/3 - 9/9 2007

Tabris

Lobster said:
The only thing that can save it now is SEGA.

nolongerprintsmoney.jpg

Fischbrot

AniHawk said:
Maybe Mario Strikers. The release list is pretty empty from the 20th through the 25th of October. The week after that, the Japanese start getting the heavy hitters in pretty rapid succession.

Wii release list? Where?

Lobster

Banned
Moor-Angol said:
Dragonball Sparking Meteor and Power Pro Baseball Major League (04th October) say hi

Didn't Power Pro already come out in japan? Or is Jikkyou different?

Dragon Ball will sell over 100k LTD.

Lobster

Banned
Magicpaint said:
:O

CC could beat Pokemon afterall (i.e first week sales)

You thought pokemon would beat CC?

Im pretty shocked at the sales of Pokemon..Didn't know it would sell that much first day.

Lobster said:
You thought pokemon would beat CC?
Well sort of, I expected it to edge out CC, is that unreasonable? Both are spin-offs of huge franchises. The last entry sold over 800k on the DS (minus the GBA version which sold almost as much).

AniHawk said:
So Final Fantasy VII kills the N64 a second time.
Pretty much.
Hopefully S-E starts cranking out that FFVII remake for PS3.

Lobster

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Well sort of, I expected it to edge out CC, is that unreasonable? Both are spin-offs of huge franchises. The last entry sold over 800k on the DS (minus the GBA version which sold almost as much).

Yeah but. FF7...CC...

I don't think the fact that CC was added on to the title was noticed by Japanese people. They just saw FF7 and bought it.

Izzy said:
*looks at hw numbers*

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD
1. NDS - 77,488 | 94,339 | 5,267,004 | 19,272,683
2. WII - 29,088 | 39,371 | 2,619,238 | 3,538,881
3. PSP - 15,564 | 22,196 | 1,385,230 | 5,917,359
4. PS2 - 13,360 | 14,280 | 559,434 | 20,714,293
5. PS3 - 13,248 | 18,068 | 675,170 | 1,132,728
6. 360 - 1,286 | 1,635 | 142,644 | 407,346
7. GBA - 550 | 474 | 46,320 | 15,344,399
8. NGC - 82 | 73 | 9,547 | 4,179,015

DS numbers are still very, very good. 29k for Wii? That's lower than the 30-40k that the PSP Fat used to manage.

I think it's time for Vinnk report.

Acc..... It's all very low ! But it cannot last forever. In a week or two, sales will return to the original level, probably.

ksamedi

Wouldn't it make more sense if SE made a FF7 remake for the Wii? With the expanded audiance and stuff it could sell much more than the original.

Lobster

Banned
Jonnyram said:
After the weekend? It probably will.

I'd imagine FF7:CC dropping like a rock too (revenant wings style) but for first days FF will definitely outsell Pokemon. Mystery dungeon games are much more popular then spin offs.

ksamedi said:
Wouldn't it make more sense if SE made a FF7 remake for the Wii? With the expanded audiance and stuff it could sell much more than the original.

Nah would make much more sense to remake it for DS.

ziran

Slow week all round.

creamsugar said:
First day:

CCFF7: 350K (Bundle 60K)
Pokemon: 250K
I'd expect ~500K for both on the chart next week, which is good. CCFF7 will probably be more front loaded, and Nintendo titles usually have a similar weekends to first day.

What's PSP's next big game? I've looked through Play-Asia and I don't see anything significant, but I'm not much interested in the system so I'm not sure about its titles. I know there's another Hot Shots coming, but is there anything else in the next few months likely to sell over 200K on the system?

I think PSP and DS sales will be pretty even. You've got Pokemans MD2 and CC:FFVII moving units and the otaku are buying all those special edition PSPs. PSP might just come out on top.

Elios83

Jonnyram said:
MHP2 sold 510k first day.
Crisis Core will NOT reach a million.

Too early to tell, with the holyday season and the new Slim model launch many will jump on PSP and FFVIICC could be the game to get with the console until Minnanogolf2 arrives in December thus giving it a lot of legs.

ksamedi

Lobster said:
Nah would make much more sense to remake it for DS.

I think thats not very practical, it would be hard to fit it on the cartridge and it wouldnt be much of a remake to begin with if the graphics aren't updated.

Lobster

Banned
ksamedi said:
I think thats not very practical, it would be hard to fit it on the cartridge and it wouldnt be much of a remake to begin with if the graphics aren't updated.

It wouldn't be hard to fit it on the cartridge at all...Use the DQIX engine and make the cut scenes real time. It would actually look better then the original.

AniHawk

ziran said:
What's PSP's next big game? I've looked through Play-Asia and I don't see anything significant, but I'm not much interested in the system so I'm not sure about its titles. I know there's another Hot Shots coming, but is there anything else in the next few months likely to sell over 200K on the system?

Nope. The system's dead again until then.

Lobster said:
It wouldn't be hard to fit it on the cartridge at all...Use the DQIX engine and make the cut scenes real time. It would actually look better then the original.

Also cut all the dialog and story sequences to also improve it further.

CTLance

The hw sales are amazingly low. Are we seeing the japanese market stabilze to pre-DS levels? ... probably not, with the holidays coming and the heavy hitters on the horizon. Still, this will probably keep boredom from creeping in.

Wow at the first-day sales of Pokedungeon and FF7CC.

AniHawk said:
So Final Fantasy VII kills the N64 a second time.
:lol :lol :lol
Looks like it, doesn't it?

I previously thought that PSP sales would be greater than 100k, but thinking about it now I take that back. I think it'll be around 90k.

Firstly, there will be 77.777k from the LEPSPSlim.

Then you would think there'd be increased demand for PSPs cause of the big launch of CCFFVII. However, who would want to buy a PSPphat when the slims are coming out so soon? Even less so, when there are already PSPslims out there in the form of the LE.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if the PSP will beat the DS next week for the first time since uh... January 2006, right? Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon should not bump DS hardware since it's the sequel to a game that already had a DS version.

PMD has 2 versions so obviously Crisis Core will be #1 on the charts next week, but I wonder if PMD combined will benefit enough from the weekend to be #1. The first game had the benefit of long legs like many DS games so it might not beat it at first but who knows how much more of CC S-E will ship or what the sell-through of the current shipment is. This will be fun to watch.

Raist

Banned
Huh, I'm confused... has FFT:LW been released on the PSP already ? Never seen it in the charts, but maybe I just missed it :p^

edit :

Does 350k include the copies bundled ?

Gio_CoD

Banned
I've been out of the loop on MC threads for a good long while. What happened to Wii sales? Back when I was following MC, they would average high 50s to low 60s every week. Now they are sub 30s? Any particular reason? Diverting shipments to the US?

AniHawk

Haleon said:
I've been out of the loop on MC threads for a good long while. What happened to Wii sales? Back when I was following MC, they would average high 50s to low 60s every week. Now they are sub 30s? Any particular reason? Diverting shipments to the US?

Well, I'd attribute the product failure to fundamental shifts in their key demographic, coupled with the overall crumminess of the Wii.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Haleon said:
Haven't you seen Tabris and bud's posts? The tide is turning.

Izzy

Banned
creamsugar said:
First day:

350k on the first day alone? That's 50k more than what I predicted for the whole week, and it's a very nice start indeed. I'll have to revise my numbers.

Jonnyram said:
Crisis Core will NOT reach a million.

I REALLY wouldn't be so sure - Sony's got a nice surprise for all of you next week.

Lobster said:
Didn't Power Pro already come out in japan? Or is Jikkyou different?

Dragon Ball will sell over 100k LTD.

Jikkyou has japanese teams, Major League has MLB ones

I also expect at leat 100k for DBZ:M for Wii, both Strikers and DBZ:M will push Wii around 50k for the next weeks, then from 25th October a lot of games will arrive.
Wii is not dead yet ;)

ksamedi

Segata Sanshiro said:
ksamedi, Anihawk...today you've made a dangerous enemy.

I was one of the few people who bought a Saturn and I remember the original Nights being hyped because it had full 3D graphics but to be honest, it had no substance. I could be wrong and the sequal could turn out great but with 9 months dev time I think it will be another Boogie.

Izzy

Banned
Lobster said:
1 million. Was a slow climb to a million though.

Perhaps my interpretation was wrong, but I thought he meant first day sales.

For FFIII, it was:

1st day - 300k
1st week - 500k
LTD - 1000k

Top Bottom