• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 9/3 - 9/9 2007

icecream

Public Health Threat
diddlyD said:
360 is almost at atari jaguar levels in japan... why does MS even bother trying there? if i were them i'd just take my toys and go home.
It doesn't help when you don't have any new significant titles coming until October.
Halo 3 does not matter.

Bladestorm is hanging in there. I'm sure Koei is pleased.

apujanata

schuelma said:
On a different note, when was the last time DS was this low?

JoshuaJSlone said:
DS Lite was nearly this low on the week of March 26 this year (79,897). The last time it was actually lower was... the week of August 14, 2006 (74,495). Other than that it's only been lower launch week (68,438), though at that time original DS was still racking up fairly big sales.

the last time DSCombine (DS+DSL) have around 80K of sales is :
2007, April Week 1 (26-01) 80,012 ( 79,897 + 115)
2006, Aug Week 3 (14-20) 75,207 ( 74,495 + 712)
2006, Feb Week 4 (20-26) 47,462 (All DS, week before DSL Launch)

My post is more or less the same as Joshua's, but give combined sales of DS+DSL.

apujanata

ComputerNerd said:
What were last year's numbers?

2006, Sep Week 2 (04-10)
DS+DSL 114,889
PSP : 29,141
PS2 19,882
GBA+GBASP+GBM : 3,918
X360 1,094
GC 696
XBOX 5

Hcoregamer00 said:
Took longer than I expected for the Trolls to arrive.

Happy Feeding!!! :D

The trolls arrive at M-create thread because they could not stay at the NPD thread. (unless they are willing to be banned quickly).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
NomarTyme said:
I'm not going to hold my breath for this news.

Just announce it, again, not actually plan to release it :lol

Sharp

Ouch at... well, everything, if mostly Wii. Japan hates gaming this week. Or I suppose you could be hilarious and say it hates non-gaming until you realize that everything else is doing even worse.

Tabris

Can you guys feel it coming? Crisis Core PSP has sold out completly (77,777, source: http://psp.ign.com/articles/819/819814p1.html) and Crisis Core is selling amazingly well right now.

I'll take you back to an iconic scene, where Cloud climbs out of the Midgar ghetto.

outofthegamingghetto.jpg

Eteric Rice

Tabris said:
Can you guys feel it coming? Crisis Core PSP has sold out completly (77,777) and Crisis Core is selling amazingly well right now.

I'll take you back to an iconic scene, where Cloud climbs out of the Midgar ghetto to rise up to the Shinra Company tower.

outofthegamingghetto.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Holy shit Jeebus.

*wheeze*

:lol :lol :lol

Sharp

They actually made exactly 77,777 Crisis Core PSPs? That's an incredibly specific number. I would hate to have the job of counting those things.

Evlar

Banned
Tabris said:
Can you guys feel it coming? Crisis Core PSP has sold out completly (77,777, source: http://psp.ign.com/articles/819/819814p1.html) and Crisis Core is selling amazingly well right now.

I'll take you back to an iconic scene, where Cloud climbs out of the Midgar ghetto to rise up to the Shinra Company tower.

outofthegamingghetto.jpg
That report only contains anecdotal evidence (not that I doubt it will sell out or come close to it).

By the way, Dragona was looking for you earlier. She looked pissed.

Wow, at the rate the Wii fad is ending, the PS3 will handily beat it next week and everything can get back to normal.

I suck at this

woah, anyone who said that Mario, Brawl, and Wii Fit all at the same time was over kill now sees that Wii really needs this explosion more than ever!

Eteric Rice

VultureDude said:
woah, anyone who said that Mario, Brawl, and Wii Fit all at the same time was over kill now sees that Wii really needs this explosion more than ever!

Nah, it looks like they're going to hit just in time, actually.

Evlar

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Um... maybe I'm missing a joke (probably)
I thought that Final Fantasy PSP game wasn't even almost near release :\
Released yesterday actually, in Japan. Big huge lines and everything.

Tabris

mj1108 said:
God you're such a sad little man.

What's wrong with a fun little photoshop in the same vein as the DS animated gifs during easter? I'm just having some fun w/ FF7:CC's success in light of DS/Wii numbers being bad in this thread. Same as was done when DS was becoming the success it is now.

Eteric Rice said:
Nah, it looks like they're going to hit just in time, actually.

just in time would be 2 weeks from now at this pace, but Mario is at least a month and a half off, so the time in between is going to get very interesting.

edit: when does WiiFit launch? early nov?

Tabris

Segata Sanshiro said:
He's not. That brave man is sacrificing his account for our entertainment.

I STILL LOVE YOU TABRIS MY SWEET PRINCE

I do what I can, I mean I feel like Segata when that missle was fired at Sega HQ. He just had to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Of course I'll never be as brave as Segata was there, but I try. Hopefully the mods will be forgiving and let this infraction slide cause of how awesome this week is :)

Cheesemeister said:
Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -    77,488 |    94,339 | 5,267,004 | 19,272,683
2. WII   -    29,088 |    39,371 | 2,619,238 |  3,538,881
3. PSP   -    15,564 |    22,196 | 1,385,230 |  5,917,359

I don't get the Wii hardware numbers ,the whole time of the year Japan is easily pleased with Wii Sports and Play and suddenly the Wii drops like a stone.However,the DS will take up steam again with the releases of DQ,FFIV and ASH,but I guess we won't see the ordinary 100k+ and above quite for a while.

I'm just curios how much the PSP will sell due to the FF CC release.I predict it will clearly outsell the DS as some have mentioned before .

Tabris said:
I do what I can, I mean I feel like Segata when that missle was fired at Sega HQ. He just had to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Of course I'll never be as brave as Segata was there, but I try. Hopefully the mods will be forgiving and let this infraction slide cause of how awesome this week is :)
That was pretty brave of me.

Well Tabris, they say when you wish upon a star...something something little kid into slavery for a circus. I have a feeling this is your week to get swallowed by a whale. To find Geppeto. It's good? I think.

Just be funnier than you are annoying and I'm sure you'll get a pass this once.

You never know when Segata might jump onto a missile...for you! <3

Sharp

PSP > DS next week is going to be the best thing ever. Tabris should make the thread and then you can all let me know how it goes.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think that Sony will basically change its strategy to a PSP/PS3 focus. PSP games can now be played on your own TV and they are cheaper to make than PS3 games, it's basically going to be an extension of the PS2 platform. Add to this remote play.

I think the PSP will help Sony a lot in Japan considering the rough ride it is going through. If I was them I would make sure to help third parties out to get new original games for the system, and it will be easier now that the userbase is growing thanks to FFVII (once again uh?):)

ethelred

Ether_Snake said:
I think that Sony will basically change its strategy to a PSP/PS3 focus. PSP games can now be played on your own TV and they are cheaper to make than PS3 games, it's basically going to be an extension of the PS2 platform. Add to this remote play.

I think the PSP will help Sony a lot in Japan considering the rough ride it is going through. If I was them I would make sure to help third parties out to get new original games for the system, and it will be easier now that the userbase is growing thanks to FFVII (once again uh?):)

This sounds suspiciously like Nintendo's GBA/GCN strategy.

Absolutely, ride out the profitable handheld and emphasize connectivity while the home console battle isn't going so hot. Seems like a good plan.

cough.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well why not do it, at this point they have nothing lose. Or rather everything if they don't;) Plus, I now I'd be happy to be able to play more games on the handheld, maybe even PSN-downloaded games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ether_Snake said:
Well why not do it, at this point they have nothing lose. Or rather everything if they don't;)

Wait they have everything to lose- Didn't you say in the NPD thread that there was no way Sony wouldn't prevail over the Wii in Japan?

SRG01

I can totally imagine parents not buying the unlucky kids a Wii because he or she has to study for their exams. :lol It's back to school!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
schuelma said:
Wait they have everything to lose- Didn't you say in the NPD thread that there was no way Sony wouldn't prevail over the Wii in Japan?

No I didn't say "THERE IS NOWAYZ!", but considering that in a few years the PS3 will be pretty much established as a home console with games like DMC, Monster Hunter 3, RE5, FFXIII, MGS4, Castlevania, Ace Combat, Dynasty Warrior, GT5, etc., (since they won't be selling much on the 360 over there), then yes the PS3 will be the leading home console in Japan.

That is something I think is likely. I think people are jumping the gun on the Wii's longterm success in Japan as the leading platform. But hey, burn me if you want:p

Saitou

Banned
Has Tabris been allowed to post here again? Cause Dragona advised him strongly to avoid sales-age thread of all kinds.

Should I alert the authorities?

schuelma

Ether_Snake said:
No I didn't say "THERE IS NOWAYZ!", but considering that in a few years the PS3 will be pretty much established as a home console with games like DMC, Monster Hunter 3, RE5, FFXIII, MGS4, Castlevania, Ace Combat, Dynasty Warrior, GT5, etc., (since they won't be selling much on the 360 over there), then yes the PS3 will be the leading home console in Japan.

That is something I think is likely. I think people are jumping the gun on the Wii's longterm success. But hey, burn me if you want:p

"I'm 100% sure the PS3 will be the leading home console in Japan once the big games above are released. It doesn't have much competition in that department and like I said it's not like Japanese gamers have turned their backs on their former favorites."

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
schuelma said:
"I'm 100% sure the PS3 will be the leading home console in Japan once the big games above are released. It doesn't have much competition in that department and like I said it's not like Japanese gamers have turned their backs on their former favorites."

Yes I am 100% sure, that doesn't mean "there is no way". It's just that right now I don't see it not happening considering what I said. But I'm not the kind to say there is no way it won't be as such. I don't project my opinions as facts.

ethelred

Ether_Snake said:

That is something I think is likely. I think people are jumping the gun on the Wii's longterm success in Japan as the leading platform. But hey, burn me if you want:p

... Castlevania? Really?

Castlevania's going to help propel the PS3 to the lead?

Saitou said:
Should I alert the authorities?

Yeah, they love whiney little hall monitors. Look, right now the big kids are talking. Run along before someone decides to give you a swirlie in the east hall bathroom.

schuelma

Ether_Snake said:
Yes I am 100% sure, that doesn't mean "there is no way". It's just that right now I don't see it not happening considering what I said. But I'm not the kind to say there is no way it won't be as such. I don't project my opinions as facts.

Oh ok. Much more reasonable now.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
ethelred said:
... Castlevania? Really?

Castlevania's going to help propel the PS3 to the lead?

No, not Castlevania, nor MGS4, nor FFXIII. The whole lineup itself, as a whole. No one is going to suddenly turn back on all of this. The market for those games is still there, but none of the games are even out and the console is still expensive.

Top Bottom