• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2015 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

01./00. [PS4] Bloodborne <RPG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) - 152.567 / NEW

b577a-yes_yes_yes_gif.gif%3Fw%3D320%26h%3D240

7158889.gif

Kudo

Really happy to see Bloodborne up there, place well deserved.
Hopefully it has legs to stay up there.

Bishop89

That playstation dominance.... ahhhh...
Kaz would be proud.

I assume the HW numbers will be in favour of the ps4 as well. How many weeks will this be on top? like 7-8?

So would it be wrong to say that Theatrhythm Dragon Quest is the worst selling DQ spin-off ever?
It's not a series that anyone appreciates the music to (unlike the FF games) so I'm not really shocked to see it not get a lot of love. I imagine that the dev costs were pretty low given the genre and gameplay associated with it so they'll be fine.

BadWolf

Its the most hyped Japanese or Western PS4 game to date and the first real system seller on top of being a genuinely great game, I was expecting 250k-300k.

That's what the Souls games did on PS3 with an install a few times that of the PS4 right now. You really expected BB to perform the same?

Majmun

Bloodborne was hard to find in stores?

I wonder how it'll do next weeks though. The game deserves to sell a billion copies. It's that good

PS4 doing really well again.

test_account

XP-39C²
Hey, the return of covers in the OP :)

Unless the PS4 doesnt collapse completely, i think it has a decent chance to sell at least 1 million units this year in Japan. It needs to sell about 16.3k each week from now on to reach that number.

EDIT: And Minecraft Vita 2nd week drop is really good/small.

Dark_castle

Number for Bloodborne isn't bad, but it seems like Japan is still not quite sold on PS4. In comparison, both Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PS3 had better debut sales.

Labadal

Disgaea bombed hard. I'm really surprised at the low number. I haven't played the series since D2 but I thought the series was fairly popular in Japan.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Are there any reviews out there of Disgaea 5?

Yeah that has to be april fools lol. Pretty soon for sequel talk, even though it wouldn't shock me in the least.

Its not that the game is bad, its series fatigue + released on PS4 only (still low attach rate + niche fanbase)

Nice to see BB and SAO:LS did well.

If they have not already started on it, this should help push things towards us getting a Hollow Fragment 2. Which will be nice having a fresh new title separated from the PSP code of the old one.

Kathian

Banned
Number for Bloodborne isn't bad, but it seems like Japan is still not quite sold on PS4. In comparison, both Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PS3 had better debut sales.

I think it and PS4s sales are punching above the belt ATM if am honest. Positive numbers with bigger releases still to come.

casiopao

How does DQ Thearhythm did compared to previous Thearhythm here? Is it good number?

And it seems even with Doflamingo swag, One Piece Musou can't be saved.T_T

And also, RIP NIS.T_T Hope u won't end up like Imageepoch.(Any comparison with Shin Makai Trillion?)

Usobuko

Banned
How does DQ Thearhythm did compared to previous Thearhythm here? Is it good number?

And it seems even with Doflamingo swag, One Piece Musou can't be saved.T_T

One Piece audience needs a new IP.

Series is still very strong in manga sales.

The difference in install base was big though. PS3 was at 7million sold in 2011 when Dark Souls launched and at 9.8 when 2 launched. Doing 150K on a 1.3mil install base looks good to me.

Eolz

As said in the other thread, really good for Bloodborne (people should stop expecting 250k+ for this game given its audience and platform).
Good for Senran Kagura too, despite a big drop on Vita, not too bad for OPW3. Good holds for Yakuza, MP10 and Minecraft. Horrible for Disgaea.
Nothing surprising in terms of hardware.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Damn, Sony dominated the sales chart this week. Great to see the number one selling hardware is a console again!

ZoddGutts

Musou is one of those series that you get bored after playing the first game of whatever IP you're a fan, not surprise the 3rd One Piece game sold like that. Omega Force will just move onto the next hot property.

Memory

That's what the Souls games did on PS3 with an install a few times that of the PS4 right now. You really expected BB to perform the same?

Yes, the Souls games were still growing in popularity and there was alot of indirect competition on PS3 then. The numbers are respectable but i was just hoping for more is all, i'm far from an analyst.

Yes, the Souls games were still growing in popularity and there was alot of indirect competition on PS3 then. The numbers are respectable but i was just hoping for more is all, i'm far from an analyst.

Japan ain't the rest of the world.

Migration is slow.

akitaone

Banned
I don't get the RIP NIS/Disgaea thing...the producer was clear joking when he made that "Disgaea 5 must sell or we will fail comment"...I doubt that DD2, D4, and D3 did much better.

EDIT: Looks like DD2 did almost 50K and D4 did 80K...so they must have noticed that sales have been declining a bit. But, the userbase for PS4 is still small in comparison to what it was when D4 launched.

Top Bottom