• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2015 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

anderedna

Ouch D5. NIS choose to release it at the wrong time. However I still salute NIS for releasing their main IP on current gen console only, different from other pub which choose cross gen. You guys choose to move on and hopefully you'll be rewarded with a long leg for D5. Just don't kill that series tho. I'll buy it once it released in English in October.

Anyway congrats to Sony this week. Let see how the trend goes in the following weeks.

EDIT: Damn top of the page.

Road

01./00. [PS4] Bloodborne <RPG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) - 152.567 / NEW

Wow, didn't dark souls 1 and 2 sell over 250k first week?

Bloodborne is a huge bomba. From Software regretting going exclusive. It's nearly midnight in Japan and I bet everyone is in the studio working on the PC and Xbox one port.

Atram

That is true but we also know that in Japan there not going on this gen systems as fast as every where else.
When DS1 came out the install base was 5 times bigger so all in all the sales pretty good taking everything in to account.

i´m here with you, i only wanted to explaine that a big base as nothing to mean in terms of sales.

GunBR

Someone has the numbers of all Disgaea debuts?

And looks like the game will sell only a little more than 50k worldwide (i'm assuming that Disgaea sales in the west are not that great). I hope that it's enough to the series survive

Pillville

Say hello to each of the new XB1 owners in Japan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Dargor

I'll repeat what I said in the previous thread.

Expected (but good) result for Bloodborne. Great result for SAO given the 55k boost from PS3 copies. Disgaea 5 = roflmao bomba.

Could Sony have helped them financially to make it a PS4 game instead of a PS3/Vita one? I don't think they would have made it a PS4 game if they didn't have any incentive to do so.

Especially when they weren't doing great before.

nightever

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 627,214 828,132 Ratio FW/LTD : 0.76
PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 269,035 407,132 Ratio FW/LTD : 0.66
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 54,509 103,757 Ratio FW/LTD : 0.53
PS3+PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 323,544 510,889 Ratio FW/LTD : 0.63

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 81.387
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 42.845
PS4 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 37.812
PS3+PSV+PS4 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 162.044

With a ratio FW/LTD between 0.6 and 0.75 it should end up as selling between 216k and 270k

The franchise fatigue is huge, and they already tried to prevent it by releasing the third game two years after the second one

MC number make the game selling almost 200K rather than 162K though.

Steroyd

Of all the weeks to release Disgaea, that has to be the worse week ever, especially when you're contending with anime series' like One Piece and SAO, it just was not going to happen

Say hello to each of the new XB1 owners in Japan

XXXXXXXXXX

Ouch.

Nice to see the PS4 doing relatively well.

Bloodborne is a huge bomba. From Software regretting going exclusive. It's nearly midnight in Japan and I bet everyone is in the studio working on the PC and Xbox one port.
10/10 troll, would read again

Chû Totoro;158394382 said:
I don't know if it's the best comparison since these games have different demographics targets but attach rates are really a needed information when talking about sales. (still thanks for these numbers)

it also excludes digital sales, which are much more prominent now than 7-8 years ago

akitaone

Banned
Someone has the numbers of all Disgaea debuts?

And looks like the game will sell only a little more than 50k worldwide (i'm assuming that Disgaea sales in the west are not that great). I hope that it's enough to the series survive

Yes I did post these on the first page...D5 sales are around normal considering the userbase, and the IP is alot more mature than it was when D3 came out.

giphy.gif

HIR0

Comparison!

PS4: 1,229,554
- Bloodborne: 150k

PS3: 746,971
- Dynasty Warriors Gundam: 171k

PS3: 1,062,257
- Hot Shots Golf 5: 175k

PS3: 1,329,445
- Dynasty Warriors 6: 176k

That's not a very good comparison :/
New IP vs established franchises and you also have to consider the time period/climate.

giphy.gif

Orgen

So now we are playing the "install base is small" card? Just what Nintendo fans where spouting when Pikmin, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart... etc. where released and didn't sell on Wii U? It's going to be fun when FF XV releases ;D

To all these people making "horrible" math in this thread, how do you explain then Dark Souls 2 selling less than Dark Souls if the PS3 install base was bigger? uh? That's what Atram's trying to explain.

The question here was if BloodBorne is a system seller... difficult to say because PS4 is still putting great numbers but is impossible to say that BloodBorne is the direct cause for these numbers. We'll see next weeks

Fisico

MC number make the game selling almost 200K rather than 162K though.

Well we can use Media Create if you want,

[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 97.362
[PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 54.308
[PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 46.693

[PS3+4+V] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 198.363

With a FW/LTD ratio between 0.6 and 0.75 it should end up as selling between 265-330k

Point is the 350-400k range is a huge stretch and OPPW will not reach it, the 0.6 ratio is also a veeeeery optimistic one.
Honestly don't expect the game to even reach 300k across the 3 SKU.

Shengar

Comparison!

PS4: 1,229,554
- Bloodborne: 150k

PS3: 746,971
- Dynasty Warriors Gundam: 171k

PS3: 1,062,257
- Hot Shots Golf 5: 175k

PS3: 1,329,445
- Dynasty Warriors 6: 176k
This is the prove why you people shouldn't take number without context.

This trap is really like the trap in Forbidden Forest: really obvious but somehow it pass through people eye and still step on it.
I'm sorry, but if Bloodborne is a new IP, then so is Gundam Musou.
Well you just proved how useless your number then by this post alone (hint: fanbase size and IP age).

You're serious, right? Just to make sure.

You're comparing Bloodborne to the Musou game based on one of the biggest Anime franchise in Japan. That's what you're doing.
Actually from that comparison, Sammy unintentionally makes Bloodborne number an amazing one :p

I feel stupid reading after reading this tripe.

t5MCGnD.gif

Ryan95

I'm so glad SAO Lost Song for Vita was a success for two main reasons:
-They will likely develop a sequel
-Now Bamco has to localize this to the West, they have no excuses. GIVE IT TO ME. RIGHT NOW.

1st week

01./00. [PS3] Dark Souls <RPG> (From Software) {2011.09.22} (¥7.800) - 279.567 / NEW <90,09%>
PS3 7.080.303 LTD
Attach Rate > 3.9%

PS4 1.302.706
Attach Rate > 11,7%

Imo almost all Bloodborne target audience is already on PS4. Dark Souls having more sales is mostly due to the way bigger install base but core audience for the game is already here on PS4.
Maybe 300k for Bloodborne but I'm not seeing it selling a lot more?

Do I eat shit? lol

I'm trying to understand how gaming sales works because even if I come in sales thread a lot I'm clearly not able to understand and explain the numbers. Which is something I would like to try more often :)

Eolz

Lol.

But yeah for those complaining about the comparisons, Demon Souls did 37k FW. Bomba!

Top Bottom