• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2015 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

Mr Swine

Banned
Huh, I guess that PS4 will outsell Wii U this year then? 3DS and Vita sales are ok and Wii U is still dead :/ I wonder if D5 would have feared better on Wii U instead of PS4, or is that impossible?

Alrus

I don't get the RIP NIS/Disgaea thing...the producer was clear joking when he made that "Disgaea 5 must sell or we will fail comment"...I doubt that DD2, D4, and D3 did much better.

Disgaea was pretty much the only series NIS had that still sold decently.

Huh, I guess that PS4 will outsell Wii U this year then? 3DS and Vita sales are ok and Wii U is still dead :/ I wonder if D5 would have feared better on Wii U instead of PS4, or is that impossible?

The Wii U was never a very healthy platform for niche titles, and the series has always been on PS system (besides a shitty DS port of the first one), so there's very little chance of it having sold better (and there was no real incentive for NIS to even try, they'd have been better off doing a PS3 release).

Quality SJRPGs are a dying breed but honestly I can't say I'm terribly sad about Disgaea fading away if it can drive them to make something that's honestly good. Sorry for any true fans though :(. I just don't understand why everyone is releasing their games at the same time.

Of course I have no idea about the quality of D5 but unless they have seriously revamped the game I cannot see it surviving for too long anyway. It's way more suitable for Vita (or heck, PS3) anyways.

Eolz

Oh lol we're getting people
coming out of nowhere
like last week to say Sonydomination/beast mode/etc. Outside of Bloodborne and SAO...
Do you think that these numbers will hold and that this has nothing to do with the usual schedule before the end of the financial year?

inb4 people throw "no fun allowed" pics at me like last week as well...

SgtCobra

D5 doing so bad disappoints me, but the writing was on the wall I guess. They still have Donganrompa and other small profitable franchises (I mean, they keep releasing very niche games so they have to be profitable right?) to keep them afloat, but this will hit them very hard, should've made a PS3 port for more sales but w/e, I'm still optimistic...sorta...

nightever

How does DQ Thearhythm did compared to previous Thearhythm here? Is it good number?

And it seems even with Doflamingo swag, One Piece Musou can't be saved.T_T

And also, RIP NIS.T_T Hope u won't end up like Imageepoch.(Any comparison with Shin Makai Trillion?)

OPM is likely selling 350K-400K LTD, which is still good enough to survive as a yearly series.

coming out of nowhere
like last week to say Sonydomination/beast mode/etc. Outside of Bloodborne and SAO...
Do you think that these numbers will hold and that this has nothing to do with the usual schedule before the end of the financial year?

Seems more like you're getting angry when these posts pop up.
Please tell us how you really feel.

So would it be wrong to say that Theatrhythm Dragon Quest is the worst selling DQ spin-off ever?
I really wanted KH Theatrythm before SE pulls the plug on the franchise ;-;.

I can only pray the budget of these games is miniscule and DLC revenue decent.

akitaone

Banned
But... they did? At least, it's relative, but Disgaea 5 is the worst performing of the lot.

The other Disgaea games did much better because the PS3 userbase was much higher when those games released. And, Disgaea as an IP was still new when D3 came out.

Eolz

Seems more like you're getting angry when these posts pop up.
Please tell us how you really feel.

Sounds like you're playing the "u mad?" card.
Far from angry, just surprised at those drive-by posts, so I don't really see the point.
Would say the same for Nintendomination btw

SgtCobra

Number for Bloodborne isn't bad, but it seems like Japan is still not quite sold on PS4. In comparison, both Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PS3 had better debut sales.

This is a pretty redundant statement when the PS3 install base was several magnitudes higher than the PS4's is now, when DS1 and DS2 released on the platform. It's a terrible comparison and I'm not quite sure why it's even being used.

I think you know how he really feels :lol6

That definitely puts things into perspective. If you expect Bloodborne to do comparable numbers with the install base the PS4 has right now then you need a reality check, these are actually great numbers for the game.

Yeah it seems like 10+% of ps4 owners bought Bloodborne on launch week

Rymuth

coming out of nowhere

blink.gif

Atram

Please explain it in your math how it works?

you can have a big base with no audience or a small base with big audience. The Base didn´t tell us something about the sales, they only tell us that a majority of the Souls Audience is already on the PS4 in Japan...

The PS4 could have a 6 Mio. Base and only sell this amount...because in his math DS schould have sold many more on PS3 because of the incredible insane sales of BB on the PS4 ;)

BadWolf

you can have a big base with no audience or a small base with big audience. The Base didn´t tell us something aboeut the sales, they only tell us that a majority of the Souls Audience is already on the PS4 in Japan...

I like IAmRandom31's math better.

akitaone

Banned
One more comment on Disgaea 5...only one game on this chart sold more than 50K and that was Bloodborne, which is the most hyped PS4 release for the first half of 2015. Bloodborne is only the 4th PS4 game in 2015 to exceed 50K in sales during its first week. So, nothing to be alarmed about in regards to Disgaea 5. :)

you can have a big base with no audience or a small base with big audience. The Base didn´t tell us something about the sales, they only tell us that a majority of the Souls Audience is already on the PS4 in Japan...

The PS4 could have a 6 Mio. Base and only sell this amount...because in his math DS schuld have sold many more on PS3 because of the incredible insane sales of BB on the PS4 ;)

giphy.gif

Comparison!

PS4: 1,229,554
- Bloodborne: 150k

PS3: 746,971
- Dynasty Warriors Gundam: 171k

PS3: 1,062,257
- Hot Shots Golf 5: 175k

PS3: 1,329,445
- Dynasty Warriors 6: 176k

Comparison!

I don't know if it's the best comparison since these games have different demographics targets but attach rates are really a needed information when talking about sales. (still thanks for these numbers)

Kyoufu

Comparison!

I dunno. A new IP compared to Gundam Musou and Minna no Golf? Might as well compare Bloodborne to DQ Heroes too :p

Fisico

OPM is likely selling 350K-400K LTD, which is still good enough to survive as a yearly series.

Famitsu numbers

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 627,214 828,132
Ratio FW/LTD : 0.76

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 269,035 407,132
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 54,509 103,757
PS3+PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 323,544 510,889
Ratio FW/LTD : 0.63

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 81.387
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 42.845
PS4 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 37.812
PS3+PSV+PS4 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 162.044

With a ratio FW/LTD between 0.6 and 0.75 it should end up as selling between 216k and 270k

The franchise fatigue is huge, and they already tried to prevent it by releasing the third game two years after the second one

mao2

Some comparisons with previous titles for first week sales.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment - 138,180
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - 145,029
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 194,388 [PSV 139,298 + PS3 55,090]

One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 655,774
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 334,940 [PS3 274,625 + PSV 60,315]
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 198,363 [PS3 97,362 + PSV 54,308 + PS4 46,693]

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - 67,206
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - 80,523
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest - 76,858

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - 94,324
Senran Kagura 2 - 46,496
Senran Kagura Estival Versus - 74,795 [PSV 44,548 + PS4 30,247]

Disgaea 4 - 79,425
Disgaea D2 - 55,443
Disgaea 5 - 22,725

The PS4 could have a 6 Mio. Base and only sell this amount...because in his math DS schould have sold many more on PS3 because of the incredible insane sales of BB on the PS4 ;)

That is true but we also know that in Japan there not going on this gen systems as fast as every where else.
When DS1 came out the install base was 5 times bigger so all in all the sales pretty good taking everything in to account.

Top Bottom