• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Speevy

Banned
Amir0x said:
Sadly, most of Microsoft's E3 secrets already leaked prior to their conference. It's a tad harder to get excited :(

But I still can't wait to see Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, etc... there's just not much to be said until we see them :p

I don't think most of Microsoft's E3 secrets have been leaked, just most of their first party lineup. The number of games revealed for the Xbox 360 at this show is sure to double what is already known, even if 90% of it is multiplatform.

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
I don't think most of Microsoft's E3 secrets have been leaked, just most of their first party lineup. The number of games revealed for the Xbox 360 at this show is sure to double what is already known, even if 90% of it is multiplatform.

Trust me, most of the conference secrets have already been leaked.

Also, you're right... plenty of third party games are gonna be revealed at the show for 360. But uhm, they're not all going to make an appearance at their conference Speevy. Only the biggest ones :p Which, as I said, we know most of them already.

XBL secrets though, there's still a few juicy ones that haven't leaked.

PhatSaqs

Banned
"Secrets" aside, MS has plenty to show off that no one has seen much of and even more that no one has seen ANY of. I'm honestly equally excited about all 3.

Amir0x

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
"Secrets" aside, MS has plenty to show off that no one has seen much of and even more that no one has seen ANY of. I'm honestly equally excited about all 3.

Of course, there's a lot of details from games we only really know the titles of... which will be pretty incredible. I'm just sayin', there's not much to be had in way of guessing what will actually be shown there :p

I had this Dream of what Microsoft "could" do with Halo 3( I know I need to get laid more) I had this vision of the E3 presentation, now I have no Idea, what is actually planned, but this is how I see it going , and this would be a SHOW STOPPER. The Presentation room is dark, Suddenly the room starts to shake and there is this LOUD rumbleing sound and the Emergency Lights come on(but they are RED) and all of a sudden, you here Masterchief's Voice YELLING Cortana, Cortana, where are you ? Again the room goes dark, suddenly there is a blinding light on the stage, and as it dims, Cortana is on the stage, as a WICKED Laser Light Hologram... She looks around the room, "Scanning " with Laser Light, then you here here her say...Masterchief, I think we have a problem...Again She Disappears in a flash of Blinding Light, and then on the screen, they show a kid in his house playing PGR3 on a 360 on Live, all of a sudden, the screen in front of the kid, say's GAME OVER... and Cortana appears on the screen and says to a slack jawed kid(who is starring at her boobs), Sorry, Kido, I need the POWER. Suddenly all over the Country you see peoples 360's getting hooked together by Cortana to give her the Requisite POWER, at one point(JUST for Diggs) she "TRYS" to take over a PS3 and it EXPLODES in a shower of sparks, and she Quips something like, "TO WIERD OF A SYSTEM FOR ME!" than she starts to take over those large clusters of Radio Telescopes, swinging them around all in UNISON, and perhaps she can even make a quip about Windows Vista, Something like I can see great software like this MONOPOLIZING computers....
Than I woke up. It Was A LUCID DREAM!:lol

alumne

Banned
Amir0x said:
Of course, there's a lot of details from games we only really know the titles of... which will be pretty incredible. I'm just sayin', there's not much to be had in way of guessing what will actually be shown there :p
Are you in the know? :)

Will NG2 be shown at this years E3,or won't it?:(

Speevy

Banned
Amir0x said:

Do you know any details about the biggest demos being released on Xbox Live next week? I'd love to know which first party ones, if any, will be available. I'd also like to see a Table Tennis demo, or Viva Pinata, Crackdown. Gears would be amazing.

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
Do you know any details about the biggest demos being released on Xbox Live next week? I'd love to know which first party ones, if any, will be available. I'd also like to see a Table Tennis demo, or Viva Pinata, Crackdown. Gears would be amazing.

No, no idea of the specifics. I just know there's some nice secrets left for XBL that most definitely have not leaked yet.

Amir0x said:
No, no idea of the specifics. I just know there's some nice secrets left for XBL that most definitely have not leaked yet.

xbl is where you will see lots of unexpected stuff this year. when i say unexpected of course i mean the stuff that people will say "oh i totally expected this" after announcement i.e. sf2

Pachinko

We'll get a conference that's 95% xbox 360 and 5% xbox. There will be a halo 3 teaser of some kind but I think it'll wind up unexpectadly popping up right at the end when people don't expect to see it. We will have a lengthy shadowrun trailer- I predict the game isn't out until sometime next year though. A DOA volleyballtrailer will be shown and perhaps if were really lucky a ninja gaiden 2 teaser. Itagaki has said in the past the order of game releases was DOA4-DOAX2-NG2-Untitled action game- Code Chronus, assumably 1 per year would stick Ninja gaiden 2 sometime in 2007.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I must report that a contact within Microsoft told me that I am missing three big appointments that I have established with microsoft already. These would be at E3 alone so this doesn't' count out that even bigger surprises at the conference.

I currently have... Vista games, Casual Games, Viva Pinata, Crackdown, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, Ninety Nine Nights, Too Human and I think something else all scheduled with Microsoft...... Majority of them will be behind closed doors

this would mean... the rumored games/semi-confirmed games such as Halo 3, Alan Wake, Forza 2, Fable 2 all could show up at the show. With Alan Wake reportidly not showing up at E3... lets just count that one out... also lets go ahead and count out Halo 3 on the floor in some fashion or even behind closed doors...

That would mean only Fable 2 and Forza 2 at the E3 showing in some fashion. This is all speculation on which 3 appointments I am missing. I believe the last appointment won't actually be of software but of hardware. The third one I am assuming is going to be the camera, HD-DVD, bigger hard drive, Xbox Live features, and just for the fun of it... official Microsoft wireless & wired keyboards for the 360.

But yeah, I was told everything we already know... Microsoft 'assumed' the hardcore gamers knew in advance without even needing an announcement. We all know Forza, Fable 2, and Halo 3 should be there... thus I am thinking there are even bigger surprises awaiting.

Whether is is a purchase of another developer... new hardware... More Japanese games... Activision's FPS on display (Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 3, and their plethora of FPSs) or tons of new Xbox Live Arcade games... Microsoft has some aces in their hands they haven't revealed.

Of course, also I was told by a different Microsoft rep that Sony is unloading all their guns on Monday and GAF would explode with fanboys praising god almighty... so this year's E3 will be an interesting one :) I will have to check out the forums one of the nights at the hotel when I am not working.

Amir0x said:

not only XBL, but reading the thread, it looks like there are a lot of suprises regarding what will actually be revealed about the games. i htink people are going to be a lot more suprised than they think.

alumne

Banned
Pachinko said:
We'll get a conference that's 95% xbox 360 and 5% xbox. There will be a halo 3 teaser of some kind but I think it'll wind up unexpectadly popping up right at the end when people don't expect to see it. We will have a lengthy shadowrun trailer- I predict the game isn't out until sometime next year though. A DOA volleyballtrailer will be shown and perhaps if were really lucky a ninja gaiden 2 teaser. Itagaki has said in the past the order of game releases was DOA4-DOAX2-NG2-Untitled action game- Code Chronus, assumably 1 per year would stick Ninja gaiden 2 sometime in 2007.
If Ninja Gaiden 2 is being released after DOAX2 like Team NINJA had originially planned,then we should definately hear something about it this year. But I fear we will hear nothing of it till TGS

I'm dieing to find out what Code cronus is about. It's going to be a long time before we see it. It was announced back in 2002,and we still have no idea what the game is about other then the main chaarcters are ayane and kasumi.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kingofthenet said:
I had this Dream of what Microsoft "could" do with Halo 3( I know I need to get laid more) I had this vision of the E3 presentation, now I have no Idea, what is actually planned, but this is how I see it going , and this would be a SHOW STOPPER. The Presentation room is dark, Suddenly the room starts to shake and there is this LOUD rumbleing sound and the Emergency Lights come on(but they are RED) and all of a sudden, you here Masterchief's Voice YELLING Cortana, Cortana, where are you ? Again the room goes dark, suddenly there is a blinding light on the stage, and as it dims, Cortana is on the stage, as a WICKED Laser Light Hologram... She looks around the room, "Scanning " with Laser Light, then you here here her say...Masterchief, I think we have a problem...Again She Disappears in a flash of Blinding Light, and then on the screen, they show a kid in his house playing PGR3 on a 360 on Live, all of a sudden, the screen in front of the kid, say's GAME OVER... and Cortana appears the screen and says to a slack jawed kid, Sorry, Kido, I need the POWER. Suddenly all over the Country you see peoples 360's getting hooked together by Cortana to give her the Requisite POWER, at one point(JUST for Diggs) she "TRYS" to take over a PS3 and it EXPLODES in a shower of sparks, and she Quips something like, "TO WIERD OF A SYSTEM FOR ME!" than she starts to take over those large clusters of Radio Teloscopes, swinging them around all in UNISON, and perhaps she can even make a quip about Windows Vista, Something like I can see great software like this MONOPOLIZING computers....
Than I woke up. It Was A LUCID DREAM!:lol

This is great.

Amir0x

Banned
meltpotato said:
not only XBL, but reading the thread, it looks like there are a lot of suprises regarding what will actually be revealed about the games. i htink people are going to be a lot more suprised than they think.

of course, as I said, i just mean when they say "HERE IS SHADOWRUN", nobody is gonna be surprised that they announced Shadowrun, or that it's a FPS. Other specific details about each unique title, though, of course... lots of cool things.

ESPECIALLY in regards to the big gun, the kahuna, the HALO 3. Jesus Christ I can't wait to see that.

Amir0x said:
Sadly, most of Microsoft's E3 secrets already leaked prior to their conference. It's a tad harder to get excited :(

But I still can't wait to see Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, etc... there's just not much to be said until we see them :p

What secrets have been leaked? I dont consider Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, Too Human, Forza 2 or Fable 2 to be secrets. Most have these have been known about for quite some time.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
KeithFranklin said:
What secrets have been leaked? I dont consider Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, Too Human, Forza 2 or Fable 2 to be secrets. Most have these have been known about for quite some time.

Known to exist and known to be shown at the conference aren't the same thing though. Forza 2 would have been a surprise for me to see at E3, for example, even though I knew it was inevitable.

Anyway, I obviously want to see Halo3 first and foremost. I'd also love to see a new Banjo, but I know it's probably a long shot right now..

Caspel said:
Of course, also I was told by a different Microsoft rep that Sony is unloading all their guns on Monday

[OT]

Seems this is all the talk amongst various 'MS Reps' :p Call me cynical, but I'm wondering if some may be trying to inflate expectations before Monday so as to induce disappointment..I'm just not sure if people at MS would be so aware of everything that was planned like that (?)

[/OT]

gofreak said:
[OT]

Seems this is all the talk amongst various 'MS Reps' :p Call me cynical, but I'm wondering if some may be trying to inflate expectations before Monday so as to induce disappointment..I'm just not sure if people at MS would be so aware of everything that was planned like that (?)

[/OT]

id say that for both Sony and Nintendo it would be impossible and a waste of effort to "inflate expectations". they will both have great shows, but they also both have themselves set-up amidst so much speculation and hype that its already inflated well beyond what we've seen in years past.

alumne

Banned
Surely RARE is announcing other secret games at E3.So MS is sure to have a few surprises. Didn't they say they were working on a few other games that were going to be revealed in the spring time? I'd expect them to be at E3

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
When I think about it, is it really worth the trouble for Microsoft to put on a strong show at E3? There is no possible way they can match Sony or Nintendo this round, why not save the big announcement til later on to produce more of an impact?

alumne

Banned
BorkBork said:
When I think about it, is it really worth the trouble for Microsoft to put on a strong show at E3? There is no possible way they can match Sony or Nintendo this round, why not save the big announcement til later on to produce more of an impact?
Yeah,MS should just do NOTHING and avoid E3 completely. Not to bright are you? All MS has to do is show a Halo 3 trailer. Add in a Forza 2,Fable 2,Shadowrun and a Ninja Gaiden 2 (PLEASE!!!!) trailer and MS has a quality show put on.That's not even including the games they are sure to show that are relasing this fall (Gears of War,Blue Dragon,Too Human,mass Effect)

Plus theres the strong possibility of an Xboy unvieling. :)

Mrbob

BorkBork said:

This E3 MS needs a strong showing of games more than ever. X360 won't match the PS3 and Revolution hype, but once the hype dies down a strong porftfolio of games is what people will remember. I hope they are ready because I really think Nintendo and especially Sony are going to bring it at this E3.

Amir0x

Banned
alumne said:
Surely RARE is announcing other secret games at E3.So MS is sure to have a few surprises. Didn't they say they were working on a few other games that were going to be revealed in the spring time? I'd expect them to be at E3

Always something to show, certainly.

My expectations are basically - Halo 3, Shadowrun and Mass Effect videos will make me a happy man. Very happy.

Mrbob

I hope Shane from the 1up podcast is wrong about Shadowrun.

He hasn't seen the game himself, but everything he has heard about the game is not good. He also mentions he has heard the game may be completed already. Stealth release? o_O

Mrbob

Speevy said:
Do you really think any of these guys has seen both GT5 and Forza? Use some common sense, MrBob.

Huh? How do you know for certain? NDAs? Besides, this is the wrong thread. I don't give a damn about either game (I don't like realistic racers) so I really couldn't care less which one is better. Just reporting what the podcast said.

Majmun

Looking forward to:

- Ninja Gaiden 2
- Blu Dragon
- Lost Oddyssey
- Cry On
- Halo 3
- More XBLA announcements

- HD DVD add-on. Vaporware or reality...?
- Camera functions

Sad about the Xbox. It had so much potential left. I don't think we'll be seeing a big game for it...

Moose

Second said:
Looking forward to:

- Ninja Gaiden 2
- Blu Dragon
- Lost Oddyssey
- Cry On
- Halo 3
- More XBLA announcements

- HD DVD add-on. Vaporware or reality...?
- Camera functions

Sad about the Xbox. It had so much potential left. I don't think we'll be seeing a big game for it...

It had so much potential left? what?

alumne

Banned
Second said:
It had so much more potential. I don't think developers pushed the hardware to the maximum...
Ninja Gaiden pushed xbox's hardware pretty far. I wonder if team ninja could have made a better looking game for xbox then Ninja Gaiden,had it lived for 2 more years.

Mrbob said:
I hope Shane from the 1up podcast is wrong about Shadowrun.

He hasn't seen the game himself, but everything he has heard about the game is not good. He also mentions he has heard the game may be completed already. Stealth release? o_O

Isn't Shane the one who was arguing about how great the Multiplayer in MG3 was? There was some conversation (more like a snippit of one) in the back of an EGM. He seriously came off absolutly batshit fanboyish. Yeah I'm really going go trust his word...

Majmun

alumne said:
Ninja Gaiden pushed xbox's hardware pretty far. I wonder if team ninja could have made a better looking game for xbox then Ninja Gaiden,had it lived for 2 more years.

Well, that's one developer...

Ninja Gaiden is one of the better looking games of the past generation. Maybe the best looking game. Itagaki did his best with the Xbox hardware. But I also think he could've done more if he got the chance to do so.

Xbox can handle Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. Imagine what it could do more. Xbox' power is really underrated. That's why I feel bad about its early "death" :)

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
Trust me, most of the conference secrets have already been leaked.

Also, you're right... plenty of third party games are gonna be revealed at the show for 360. But uhm, they're not all going to make an appearance at their conference Speevy. Only the biggest ones :p Which, as I said, we know most of them already.

How do you know? On the 'inside' now, or just assuming?

3rdman

My predictions:

MS will do at least one thing that is incredibly embarassing and Halo 3 will resemble parts of the Killzone trailer (perhaps the opening) but in realtime.

:p

DD-11

GhaleonEB said:

God, I am sick of these self proclaimed insiders. If you are an insider, read the stickied post and quit hyping shit if you can't comment on it.

</rant>

I will be happy if one of Halo 3 or Ninja Gaide 2 are shown. A Quake Wars announcement would be nice also. Everything else will be gravy.

I'd like to see Halflife 2 + episodes. Diablo 3, Red Alert, MechWarrior (NOT MechAssault), GOW demo and Black fucking Tiger for XBLA. I realize that I won't see any of these, so just give me a Halo 3 trailer.

Mrbob

GhaleonEB said:

Well he probably won't say.

But if all MS is bringing to E3 is some XBL secrets, blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :/

Amir0x

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

No, I'm just sayin' it's what I heard. I'm obviously going off the word of others who do have this sort of access, so I'm just saying to temper expectations!

But maybe my "source" wants me to say this, to pad the expectations so that when 360 blows them all away everyone will be like :eek:

Top Bottom