• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Outside of Shadowrun, I want some suprises of the japanese variety. Preferably lots of JRPG's.

Hopefully Nippon Ichi ports their PS3 projects as well to give Xbox gamers a taste of excellence.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Outside of Shadowrun, I want some suprises of the japanese variety. Preferably lots of JRPG's.

Hopefully Nippon Ichi ports their PS3 projects as well to give Xbox gamers a taste of excellence.

N1 porting to 360 would be a small nothingness of an announcement that will likely not happen and would be totally bizarre.

Speevy

Banned
Without knowing anything more, I guess we can bank on:

1) Will Gears/Halo 3 blow everything else away?
2) What cool XBL content will be available for download?

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
Without knowing anything more, I guess we can bank on:

1) Will Gears/Halo 3 blow everything else away?
2) What cool XBL content will be available for download?

Don't forget, SquareEnix still has a 360 surprise.

Aryuken

Banned
Amir0x said:

Great. You just ruined one of the surprises left :lol :lol

Anyway, this surprise thing, doesn't mean anything to me. I'm surprised by what i see, not by what is announced. Forza 2....Fable 2....lol, i would never be surprised by hearing them for the 1st time in the conference, i will surprised by what they show from those games :)

Amir0x

Banned
Aryuken said:
Great. You just ruined one of the surprises left :lol :lol

Anyway, this surprise thing, doesn't mean anything to me. I'm surprised by what i see, not by what is announced. Forza 2....Fable 2....lol, i would never be surprised by hearing them for the 1st time in the conference, i will surprised by what they show from those games :)

I pretty much agree, but you know how GAF works. It all exists upon hyperbole!

hadareud

The Translator
I have a strange feeling that they might announce GTA to be exclusive of some sort.

Then again, MS is usually completely unable to keep anything a secret, let alone something of this magnitude.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
hadareud said:
I have a strange feeling that they might announce GTA to be exclusive of some sort.

Then again, MS is usually completely unable to keep anything a secret, let alone something of this magnitude.

yeah i dont see this happenin

RaijinFY

hadareud said:

Yeah, so no GTA exclusive in other words. We would have some leaks by now. :lol

Mrbob

Amir0x said:

We'll see, but I don't expect anything great out of this 'surprise'. And it better not be another damn MMORPG.

I have a strange feeling you are completely wrong. ;)

GhaleonEB

Aurora said:
Tomorrow!
What happens tomorrow?

Amir0x: please stop hinting. I think that announcement at the top of the form applies here. It's getting annoying - we've got folks doing the same thing in lots of threads right now ("if only you knew!") and it's pretty frustrating trying to sift through it all.

The only thing suprising about SquareEnix is the fact that they keep fucking Microsoft in the ass and Microsoft just keeps leeeetting it happen.

Keep giving it too them SE!!! Because its certainly funny to watch shit like FFIX get ported.

Amir0x

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
What happens tomorrow?

Amir0x: please stop hinting. I think that announcement at the top of the form applies here. It's getting annoying - we've got folks doing the same thing in lots of threads right now ("if only you knew!") and it's pretty frustrating trying to sift through it all.

I wasn't hinting, you asked me and I told you what it was in the other thread. That's the opposite of hinting when I tell you exactly what it is I heard :p

MrBob said:
We'll see, but I don't expect anything great out of this 'surprise'. And it better not be another damn MMORPG.

:< well then...

Speevy

Banned
Let's go through the list of currently known Xbox 360 "exclusives" (not currently announced for other platforms) that could appear at the show.

-Halo 3
-Fable 2
-DOAX2
-Forza 2
-Too Human
-Gears of War
-Mass Effect
-Overlord
-Bioshock
-Table Tennis
-Viva Pinata
-Lost Planet
-Dead Rising
-Chromehounds
-Huxley
-Alan Wake
-GTR
-Tri-Ace game
-Square-Enix game
-Culdcept 360
-Saint's Row
-Crackdown
-Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2
-99 Nights
-Enchanted Arms
-Blue Dragon
-Lost Odyssey
-Timeshift
-Mobile Ops: The One Year War
-Marvel MMO
-

Others:

-Prey (Limited Collector's Edition)
-Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
-Call of Duty 3
-Madden NFL 07
-World Championship Poker: Featuring Howard Lederer "All In"
-College Hoops 2K7
-NHL 2K7
-NBA 2K7
-Test Drive Unlimited
-Alone in the Dark (2006)
-The Club
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-SEGA Rally Revo
-Phantasy Star Universe
-Theseis
-Moto GP 2006
-X-Men: The Official Game
-WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007
-Turok
-Project Offset
-Frontlines: Fuel of War
-F.E.A.R.
-Superman Returns: The Videogame
-NCAA Football 07
-Army of Two
-The Sopranos
-The Outsider
-Battlestations: Midway
-Hitman: Blood Money
-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
-Rayman Raving Rabbids
-Open Season
-John Woo Presents Stranglehold
-Call of Duty 2
-Urban Mysteries
-The Darkness
-Samurai Warriors 2
-The Precursors
-World Snooker Championship 2007
-Monster Madness
-Virtua Tennis 3
-Bullet Witch
-Colin McRae 07
-Dark Sector
-Medal of Honor: Airborne
-Indiana Jones Project
-The Wheelman
-Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy
-All Points bulletin

Xbox Live Arcade:

-Uno
-Several unknowns

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
not going to comment on here until after I visit the conference... don't want anything to be leaked or stated that would be of the influence of me.

Caspel

For all those Microsoft fans...

I want to share with you my list I researched and e-mailed devs about. It's as of May 5th, 2006 so I still need to update with news I found out today.

Complete Xbox 360 Video Game List

I am posting this because biatches over at Teamxbox stole my list from the first page and gave credit to themselves. What f'ing homos, they even have the nerve of asking which games to add to 'their' list. Anyways, published it anyways at XE360 so they don't' go ahead and take it from these forums again.

Caspel

amir0x... may I ask when? never read about the exclusivity... just next-gen consoles. It would be dumb for Lucas Arts to make that exclusive. Oh well, provide me with some info and I will take it off the list or put it into the rumored section.

Amir0x

Banned
Caspel said:
amir0x... may I ask when? never read about the exclusivity... just next-gen consoles. It would be dumb for Lucas Arts to make that exclusive. Oh well, provide me with some info and I will take it off the list or put it into the rumored section.

Dont you worry, you'll be able to take it off your list in only 1 day and 19 hours!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Speevy said:
Let's go through the list of currently known Xbox 360 "exclusives" (not currently announced for other platforms) that could appear at the show.

-Halo 3
-Fable 2
-DOAX2
-Forza 2
-Too Human
-Gears of War
-Mass Effect
-Overlord
-Bioshock
-Table Tennis
-Viva Pinata
-Lost Planet
-Dead Rising
-Chromehounds
-Huxley
-Alan Wake
-GTR
-Tri-Ace game
-Square-Enix game
-Culdcept 360
-Saint's Row
-Crackdown
-Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2
-99 Nights
-Enchanted Arms
-Blue Dragon
-Lost Odyssey
-Timeshift
-Mobile Ops: The One Year War
-Marvel MMO

-

Others:

-Prey (Limited Collector's Edition)
-Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
-Call of Duty 3
-Madden NFL 07
-World Championship Poker: Featuring Howard Lederer "All In"
-College Hoops 2K7
-NHL 2K7
-NBA 2K7
-Test Drive Unlimited
-Alone in the Dark (2006)
-The Club
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-SEGA Rally Revo
-Phantasy Star Universe
-Theseis
-Moto GP 2006
-X-Men: The Official Game
-WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007
-Turok
-Project Offset
-Frontlines: Fuel of War
-F.E.A.R.
-Superman Returns: The Videogame
-NCAA Football 07
-Army of Two
-The Sopranos
-The Outsider
-Battlestations: Midway
-Hitman: Blood Money
-Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
-Rayman Raving Rabbids
-Open Season
-John Woo Presents Stranglehold
-Call of Duty 2
-Urban Mysteries
-The Darkness
-Samurai Warriors 2
-The Precursors
-World Snooker Championship 2007
-Monster Madness
-Virtua Tennis 3
-Bullet Witch
-Colin McRae 07
-Dark Sector
-Medal of Honor: Airborne
-Indiana Jones Project
-The Wheelman
-Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy
-All Points bulletin

Xbox Live Arcade:

-Uno
-Several unknowns

nice list, but according to latest issue of PSM, all those games that are bolded are coming to PS3 by year's end. PS3 FTW.

Caspel

okay lol, well I will put it in the rumored section then for now.

"While the original Mercenaries' high-octane, go anywhere, do anything and blow the crap out of everything style was a hit with gamers, the whole experience was screaming to run on next-generation game systems,"

that is what I quickly read at IGN just now.

"Apparently Mercenaries 2 is in development for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and should be out at the end of this year."

that quote is from Eurogamer. I will just move it to the rumor section for now lol.

Amir0x

Banned
Caspel said:
okay lol, well I will put it in the rumored section then for now.

"While the original Mercenaries' high-octane, go anywhere, do anything and blow the crap out of everything style was a hit with gamers, the whole experience was screaming to run on next-generation game systems,"

that is what I quickly read at IGN just now.

"Apparently Mercenaries 2 is in development for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and should be out at the end of this year."

that quote is from Eurogamer. I will just move it to the rumor section for now lol.

I'm just joking around man. Pullin' your leg, so-to-speak.

Caspel

ahh, thought you maybe had some little birdie that spoke into your ear with all these aforementioned insiders here.

Caspel

first time nope? though I did just recently join in April after someone told me to quit TXB and post here.

alumne

Banned
Tecmo:
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Team Ninja)
Rumored:
*Dead or Alive: Code Cronus (Team Ninja)
*Ninja Gaiden 2 (Team Ninja)
*Project IMPACT (Team Ninja)
*Project Progressive (Team Ninja)

If those were all shown at E3,this would be the greatest E3 ever for me.

3 more days....

Pragmatically speaking, I can't see GTA being exclusive to the X360, especially when the series found it's success on the PS2. A timed exclusive, multiplatform version or port later on down the road is much more likely.

Rhazer Fusion said:
Pragmatically speaking, I can't see GTA being exclusive to the X360, especially when the series found it's success on the PS2. A timed exclusive, multiplatform version or port later on down the road is much more likely.

In the whole scheme of things, perhaps GTA is overrated?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

at this point in time, the X360 version first makes more sense simply because the PS3 fans will laugh and say "lols- i'll wait for the superior PS3 version!"

it also means they can be a bit more agressive with the X360 version, and then improve on what htey have for the PS3 version rather than the other way round (have to worry about compressing a Bluray down to a DVD etc)

but yes, it would be a major surprise if it wasn't headed Sonys way.

Amir0x

Banned
gamergirly said:

Overrated in what way? Not in terms of success - it's one of the most successful franchises of all time. Not in terms of quality - so far, all the 3D ones have been superb.

gamergirly said:

Overrated or not, it is undeniably one of the most successful franchises of all time. Anything that can compete with or outsell the mighty Halo is a deadly force to be reckoned with. I know Microsoft and Sony would kill to have this game exclusive to their systems.

gamergirly said:

eh... anyone who could get it exclusive garuntees a fair bit of purchases from western, one consle gamers and id say that the xbox 360 userbase will skew more GTA friendly than the other two, percentage-wise.

Speevy

Banned
Based on the general vibe I'm getting from the forums, I'd say GTA is either PS3 exclusive or multiplatform and a ways off.

meltpotato said:
N1 porting to 360 would be a small nothingness of an announcement that will likely not happen and would be totally bizarre.

Never said it would be huge, and the same thing could have been said about the Culdcept Saga announcement before it happened.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Never said it would be huge, and the same thing could have been said about the Culdcept Saga announcement before it happened.

well N1 is pretty much a one-platform developer. its part of their strategy to produce on lower budgets and they have already confirmed PS3 as their next platform:
Q: So your next title will be on PS2?
A: Yes.

Q: When you move to PS3, will you continue to use sprites and pictures?
A: Yes. It is very good at capturing the anime art style. To be honest, you can say our technology is PS-level when we developed for the PS2, and SFC level when we worked on the PS. So yup, maybe we will get to PS2 level when we move to the PS3! (laughter) Seriously, we hope to please users with the meat of our games - the content. We have also received many comments that are both for-and-against. (3D vs sprites) At the moment the encouragement to continue with our present style is very strong. Nippon Ichi shall move on the path that Nippon Ichi wants to go.

alumne

Banned
Speevy said:
Based on the general vibe I'm getting from the forums, I'd say GTA is either PS3 exclusive or multiplatform and a ways off.
Thats just exactly what they want you to think. ;)

Caspel said:
For all those Microsoft fans...

I want to share with you my list I researched and e-mailed devs about. It's as of May 5th, 2006 so I still need to update with news I found out today.

Complete Xbox 360 Video Game List

I am posting this because biatches over at Teamxbox stole my list from the first page and gave credit to themselves. What f'ing homos, they even have the nerve of asking which games to add to 'their' list. Anyways, published it anyways at XE360 so they don't' go ahead and take it from these forums again.
Nice list, but Gayming-Age says wtf.

Top Bottom